change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Provincia de Jujuy Travel Answer Locations

• collecting minerals around Tilcara

Tilcara Feb 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM

does anyone know anything about collecting minerals near Tilcara. sites or perhaps a local guide we can hire?
      Also we are looking for undiscovered places we can visit there.

• Transportation to and from Tilcara, Argentina.

Tilcara Jun 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I can't figure out how to reserve a bus to Tilcara. Is X Colectivos the wrong site for this? I would be coming from either Buenos Aires or Jujuy. Does anyone know how to book this in advance?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Accommodation Jujuy

Provincia de Jujuy Dec 23, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Who knows some nice and more or less affordable (till about 200 pesos per day) accommodation in:
      san Salvador de Jujuy
      Pumamarca
      Tilcara
      Humauaca

If possible with a website. I already did read the VT TravelGuide.

3 Answers Dec 23, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    • kettravels's Profile Photo

Looking for music heard in La Quiaca

La Quiaca Apr 6, 2008 at 6:35 PM

I was on a bus in La Quiaca last month and they were playing this soulful music, almost like a chant, reminiscent of quranic recitations but with a female vocalists. Why I didn't inquire at the time is beyond me ... now I'm trying to find out who this artist, presumably singing in quechua or aymara, might be. Any ideas anyone??

1 Answer Apr 9, 2008 at 10:44 AM
    • raandaka's Profile Photo

Advise re travel itinerary in north west argentina

Purmamarca Jun 24, 2007 at 1:38 AM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Argentina later in the year and will be flying into Salta and out of La Roija with 12 days in between. I am looking for advice / recommendations to help build a rough itinerary re the top places to go in the north west of Argentina, recommended time frames in these places and how best to get there - eg car hire, local buses, locally arranged tours?
      Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • Traveling to Humahuaca

Humahuaca Feb 18, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Hello,
      We are planning a trip to Argentina late september/oktober 2007. It is my third trip to Argentina, the first one was 3 months in Argentina so I know a little about it. The problem from here (Netherlands) is to check things out:

After staying in B.A. we would like to take the train to Tucuman xcolectivo.com.ar/tren/index...
      Is this service operational?

Then we would like to hire a car from Tucuman and go to Jujuy and Humahuaca (I am a professional photographer. Is there any news about the road conditions getting into the mountains early october? And what sort of car do I need?

Last question is abouth health. My local ministry of health tells me about all vacinations we need (Yellow fever etc.) and taking the wonderfull malaria pills I do not like very much because they don't seem to work anyway.

Please advice and thanks a lot.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2007 at 6:26 PM
    • Rasta_Rob's Profile Photo

Jujuy Accommodations

Provincia de Jujuy Apr 14, 2004 at 7:45 PM

I'm planning a guys' weekend trip to Jujuy in June, coverning PN Calilegua, the Quebrada de Humuhuaca, and Laguna de los Pozuelos. Does anyone on VT have recommendations about clean/affordable places to stay in or near these area, or in La Quica on the Bolivian border? Has anyone camped in Calilegua or at Laguna de los Pozuelos? Pienso viajar a Jujuy sobre un fin de semana en junio, visitando el PN Calilegua, Quebrada de Humuhuaca y la Laguna de los Pozuelos. Me podrian dar algunas sugerencias sobre alojamientos en esos lugares, asi como en La Quiaca en la frontera con Bolivia? Es posible/recomendable campear en el PN Calilegua o cerca de la L. de los Pozuelos?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2005 at 8:14 AM