Provincia de Imbabura

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Quito to Banos - private car or van? Not bus

Ecuador Jul 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM

We are a "mature" couple and have ridden buses all over the world but now would like to know of options to travel Quito to Banos a bit more comfortably. We would greatly appreciate hearing of companies any here have used or know of with good reputations. who would drive us in a car or a shared van.

more
    • Whale watching in Mid september?

Ecuador Jul 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Can anyone suggest the best location to stay at to go for a Whale watching? Is the mid September a good time for going whale watching? It seems like we should select between Puerto Lopez, Manta and Bahia de Caraques. Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Point A to Point B, C, and D

Ecuador Jul 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I am planning a trip to Ecuador for this coming winter and will be visiting some with my niece who is in the Peace Corp. She lives in  Milagro Guayos near Guayaquil and I am curious about traveling by bus in that area and really all through out Ecuador. I plan on splitting my time in different areas and need a little feed back as to the best beach areas in Ecuador and cities of interest. I will be there for at least a month. I am 66 years of age.

Ken

more
    • mstirdivant's Profile Photo

Best Month to Visit Galapagos?

Galápagos Islands Jul 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hello!

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos. We are particularly interested in visiting during the Albatross nesting season, which we understand is from late March to December. We are able to visit next year in either late March or late May and are wondering if either of these is a preferred time to visit.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Ecuador to Galapagos.

Galápagos Islands Jul 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Does anyone know if there is a boat rout to San Cristóbal Island from anywhere on mainland? Such as Manta, Puerto Lopez or Salinas? Thanks.

more
    • bug repelent

Galápagos Islands Jul 8, 2014 at 7:22 AM

what is the best bug repelent to use?

more
    • Proposed itinerary for galapagos (interested in photography) - please tell me what you think

Galápagos Jan 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM

YOUR ITINERARY:
      APR 24th – Guayaquil (Hampton Inn) or Quito ( Finlandia Hotel) - extra night included
      APR 25th –Santa Cruz – Divers Lodge – no Activities (L, D)
      APR 26th – Santa Cruz – Divers Lodge – AM.- Tortuga Bay Tour – Free afternoon (B, L, D)
      APR 27th – Santa Cruz – Divers Lodge – PM.- Primicias Tour - (B, L)
      APR 28th – Santa Cruz – AM.- Kayaking Itabaca Channel– PM.- Transfer to Isabela Lodge – Welcome Drink (B, L, D)
      APR 29th – Isabela Lodge – AM.- Sierra Negra Volcano – PM.- Visit to a local farm – Concha Perla (B, L, D)
      APR 30th – Isabela –AM.- Tintoreras, Bay Tour – PM.- transfer to Santa Cruz – Charles Darwin Research Station (B, L, D)
      MAY 01st - Return to Mainland (B)

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • Boleslav's Profile Photo

Carnaval festival in Galapagos?

Galápagos Dec 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM

From reading in the guidebook, it seems that there will be a Carnival festival while we are in Galapagos.

Would you know what does it mean for the travelers in terms of the accommodation, transportation etc?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    • best time to go

Galápagos Dec 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

What are the best months to visit the Galapagos islands in order to see as much of a variety of wildlife as possible (perhaps including snorkeling)? I was considering beginning of March. Is that a good time?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • Galapagos Footwear

Galápagos Jan 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Best footwear to take to the Galapagos.

• lake race track

Otavalo May 11, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Regarding the race track around the lake. Who races on the track ? Who is the scanctioning body for the events ? How long is the track ? Any information regarding the Yaguarcocha Lake race track would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Samay Inn

Otavalo Oct 4, 2007 at 7:50 AM

Hi - We will be going to Otavalo and are trying to get information for Samay Inn – Calle Sucre & Calle Colon. How can I make reservations? Thanks.

• hostal maria

Otavalo May 15, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Hi

We're going to stay in Otavalo 2 nights in late June...want to stay at Hostal Maria. Does anyone know how I can contact the hostal?

Stephen

• Does the El Yamor Fiesta start on Friday sept 1?

Otavalo Aug 30, 2006 at 5:42 PM

Does the El Yamor Fiesta start on Friday sept 1? I can only be there for Friday and part of Saturday. Is it worth it? I can't find a schedule.

• Worth going on a Sunday?

Otavalo Jun 14, 2006 at 6:57 PM

Because of timing constraints, I can only visit the Otavalo market on Sunday. Are things really quiet on Sundays? Is it still worth going?

3 Answers Jan 28, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    • darylann's Profile Photo

Leather shopping (for a good travel dufflebag)!

Cotacachi Aug 30, 2005 at 5:54 AM

I plan to travel light on my first trip to Ecuador (carry-on only), but am hoping to find a nice duffle bag in Cotacachi's leather shops (to haul home all my souveniers from Cotacachi and Otavalo!). I read all about the great leather items there, and wonder what experience others have had.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    • darylann's Profile Photo

Places to stay in Otavalo

Otavalo Mar 23, 2005 at 6:51 AM

I've been checking out many options for lodgings in Otavalo, and the rates are mostly great! But I'd like input from those who've been there. Considering anything in the area, but it must be safe for a woman traveling alone and secure enough to trust leaving valuables in the room while daytripping.

Thanks much for any input!

2 Answers May 11, 2005 at 11:12 AM
    • poidda's Profile Photo

Organising a Boat in Puerto Ayora

Galápagos Dec 22, 2004 at 8:46 PM

Hi, I'm heading to Galapagos with a friend in February and was planning on organising a tour when arriving in Puerto Ayora. Has anyone done this and found it worth their while? We are not rushed for time at all, and are prepared to just hang out on the island for a week or 2 if nedd be. Any hints or tips of things we should look out for when looking for a boat would be great. Cheers, Pete

3 Answers Apr 27, 2005 at 2:57 AM
    • what do you recommend for "an affordable time of one's life" !!??

Galápagos Dec 7, 2004 at 9:19 AM

Hello, I will be in flying from Central America to South America around mid February. I had first thought about flying from San Jose to Lima but I realized that maybe instead of spending a week in Costa Rica, we could try to see the Galapagos instead. At first I was afraid of the cost but I realized that maybe it was worth to skip CR (as Im sure the cost of life there is not that inexpensive) and spend400+ (everything included?) We would be interested in a 4-day tour. Some of you think it's possile to show up in Ecuador and book at the last minute. Does it really work? Won't we be very disappointed if we show up there and everything's booked (cause we won't be able to wait for a week to get a boat?) Otherwise, where should we start our cruise and what are the islands not to miss? Any tour agency you could recommend? Thank you so much for your answers. It will be very much appreciated. Celine

9 Answers Dec 10, 2004 at 1:13 AM
    • Scuba diving in the Galapagos + Onwards to Maccu Picchu

Galápagos May 6, 2004 at 5:20 AM

Hi We are planning to go to the Galapagos in September, and are cheking out several offers for dive trips. The range from app. 1200 USD (incl plane from Quito and Scuba gear) to three times this price. If anyone has comments on different companies (to aviod or reccomandations) please post them :o) We don't have much time there, and have to make all arrangements in advance. ------ We are planning om going to Maccu Picchu as well, and wonder if anyone knows how to get there / back from Quito in a time- and money saving way... :o) Thanks

3 Answers May 16, 2004 at 8:31 AM
    • enigma58's Profile Photo

diving in Galapagos

Galápagos Apr 1, 2004 at 7:44 PM

I don't want to dive every day in cold water...so I'm looking to be land base and take dive trips every othre day....did any one donne that? how much is to fly from quito...and what will be a good dive operationI will travel arround november. thanks

1 Answer Apr 13, 2004 at 8:48 AM
    • jujub's Profile Photo

cruise boats in Galapagos

Galápagos Mar 26, 2004 at 12:35 AM

hello, i'm planning on going to ecuador and the galapagos at the end of november. i received a quote from a tour operator to the galapagos, and was wondering if anyone has travelled in any of the following boats: Cormorant - 12 passenger cruise double cabin with two shared  bathrooms dates 21-25 Nov US$ 400 per person. Poseidon - 10 passenger cruis double cabin with private bathrooms dates 20-24 Nov US$ 450 per person. Yolita - 12 passenger cruise double cabin with private bathroom dates 21-25 Nov US$ 450 per person. these prices seem to good to be true, so i'm just a little weary about the boats... and the tour operator! All other operators have a higher price for the same boats.. if you have travelled in any of these or know someone who has, could you please let me know how the experience was -- would you recommend it, would you have spent more money for a better boat class, etc? Also, what are the chances of me finding a last minute deal on a galapagos cruise, at the end of november, for a total of 4 people? many thanks!~ judy

2 Answers Apr 13, 2004 at 7:43 AM
    • Native arts and crafts?

Galápagos Mar 8, 2004 at 11:31 AM

I will be spending a week in July touring the islands. I am interested in native arts and crafts and jewelry. Any suggestions what are the best buys and where to purchase the items. I love silver jewelry, pottery, and paintings. Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2004 at 8:51 AM