change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Apr 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more

Popular Provincia de Holguín Travel Answer Locations

• Nightclubs

Guardalavaca Mar 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there anywhere you can go dancing in the area?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • motorcycle

Guardalavaca Mar 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM

can you rent motorcycles or scooters

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Visiting Santiago.

Guardalavaca Jan 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Hi. We are staying in Guardalavaca in March and wondering the best way to get to Santiago. The bus seems to take a long time and from what I can see we will have to connect in Holguin. We did fancy hiring a car but people have mentioned the bad roads and parking in Santiago. We do want to stay overnight and usually enjoy exploring independently but it looks like an organised trip might be the easiest option. Does anyone know how much these excursions are? Alternatively would it be practical to hire a car and driver. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • Bus from holguin city to the beach area

Holguín Jan 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Is there a regular bus service to the beaches from Holguin city?

4 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Getting from the Airport to the Hotel

Holguín Dec 11, 2013 at 5:28 AM

So I've booked a flight into Holguin without getting a package deal, which means that there will be no nice comfortable tour bus waiting for me to take me to Guardalavaca. Different websites tell me different lengths of time it will take to get me there (45 minutes - 1.5 hours), and so I still can't decide if it's better for me to just take a cab, or find some other way. Does anyone know if there is a bus terminal or something in Holguin city where I can purchase a ticket to get me to the coast? Or is it better for me to just take the plunge and pay what I feel is a very high price for a taxi? -Lulu

25 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    • house for rent

Guardalavaca Oct 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

can i find a house on the beach for rent in guardalavaca?

6 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • kizombakidd's Profile Photo

salsa dancing

Guardalavaca Oct 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hi I have read there is salsa at Los palmares beach bar can anyone tell me where this is please

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • Up to date 2013 2 wheel travel around the country?

Holguín Sep 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM

after 40 years of riding motor bikes over most of Europe and North Africa I would like to rent a a small bike this Xmas to see a bit of Cuba.Trouble is that most stories I have read seem to be out of date! So is it possible to rent say a 200cc bike - Morocco is full of Chinese Honda -copies called Dockers.Have they got to Cuba yet?
      mopeds? well ok but really they are too small ,and have weak brakes to be effective so I think are more dangerous than a proper bike.
      so any up to date info please - and as a country boy i don't want to be in cities much so thinking south side of the island

2 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • realtorbk@hotmail.com.

Guardalavaca Sep 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Like to know about services/ resources for wheelchair person to explore city and country side.------------- Bk

• weather in Guardalavaca

Guardalavaca Aug 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

what's the weather like in September? I keep hearing conflicting stories of "rainy season".

3 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • Aiport transfer in a classic car

Holguín Aug 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Is it possible to get airport transfers in a classic Cuban car?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    • MichelleD26's Profile Photo

Question about snorkelling...

Holguín Oct 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Hi there. My husband, kids and I are thinking of booking at the Turquesa. Does anyone know whether you can snorkel right off the beach at this hotel? Are there places close by where you can snorkel? Is it very windy in this area? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thx!! Michelle

1 Answer Oct 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    • iseelu's Profile Photo

renewing wedding vows

Guardalavaca May 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi I will be in guardalavaca in oct.we will be staying at brisas guardalavaca.whilst were there me and my husband would like to renew our wedding vows.If anybody has done this I would be very greatful if you could advise me on how to pre book a date with the hotel as my huband has emailed the hotel with no reply also we have tried telephoning reception only to be hung up on.please help.

1 Answer May 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    • taxi from airport

Holguín Mar 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

can anyone tell me what the easiest way to get a taxi for 6 people from the airport holguin to our hotel. we dont want to take the bus.

2 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    • How far is the medical clinic in Guardalavaca from the resort at Playa Pesquero?

Holguín Aug 14, 2011 at 4:03 AM

What is the distance between Calle 2da s/n Playa Guardalavaca (medical clinic) and Playa Pesquero, Rafael Freyre Holguin?

And I've read BOTH that the resorts have 110V with North American type sockets and 220V with the round sockets, which one is it?

• Holguin advise/infomation

Holguín Jun 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Im looking to go to Holguin in july and am after some advice about the place! i.e things to do, whats it like, is it safe, can you leave the resort etc
      any info would be very usefull

cheers

1 Answer Feb 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    • Best Way to Get to Holguin from MIA

Holguín May 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM

What's the shortest route to HOG from MIA via 3rd country?? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers May 6, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    • Cheap Lodging and comfortable

Banes Apr 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Where can I stay for seven weeks next january near the city or beach of Banes, Cuba

2 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    • Catamaran?

Holguín Feb 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hi, Heading to Playa Turquesa March 22nd.
      I love boat rides; are there day or half day trips on Catamaran/Sailboat and if so, anyone know the cost and was it worth it?

• Weather?

Holguín Feb 24, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Hi there,
      I am going to Holguin next week on Thursday Mar 3. I am reading the long term forcast and it calls for rain and storms. Is this like other islands where the storms pass by quickly or are we looking at a miserable time??

2 Answers Feb 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    • Difference in rooms

Holguín Feb 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM

We're going to club amigo guardalavaca, cuba in April and have booked a gardenroom view room. Can you tell me the difference between the gardenview room, tropical room, bungalows and villas? Not sure how far the gardenrooms will be from the beach. Thank you.

• e'mail adress

Holguín Oct 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Hi does anybody have the CORRECT e'mail adress to Club Amigo atlantico guardlavaca, I want to send a e'mail to the hotel
      Thanks

3 Answers Oct 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    • cost of things to do from playa pesquero

Guardalavaca Aug 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

please could you tell me how much is it to swim with the dolphins?
      How much to go horse riding and where to?
      How much to go on boat trips and where to?
      How much to visit the sugar factory and what else does it involve?
      What other trips out are there and cost of them?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    • kum1310's Profile Photo

Bike rent

Holguín Nov 26, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Are there any bikes to rent in Holguin (they should be...)? And what's the price per day?
      Thank you

• Fishing

Holguín Nov 19, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Can you book fishing boats with or without crew in Holguin? If so, how and where, and how do you pay?

• primary school addresses

Guardalavaca Oct 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Please could anyone tell me how to get addresses for local primary schools in Cuba as I visited lately and want to send over some pens, notebooks, clothes etc. as I didnt take any with me but they so need them. Have tried all ways I can think of but no success.
      many thanks

1 Answer Jun 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    • gifts

Guardalavaca Feb 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM

what are a good gift for the hotel room staff for their work

4 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • snorkling

Provincia de Holguín Jan 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Holguin. We would like to do some snorkling. Can anyone tell me if the snorkling is better around Grand Playa Turquesa or Blau costa Verde ? Walking a short distance to a beach with good snorkling is not an issue. Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    • deepbluejazz's Profile Photo

Mtn Biking in Holguin area?

Provincia de Holguín Dec 10, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Hi
      Planning a trip to Cuba in early January...
      We're avid mtn bikers; hard to find any info on this other than all inclusive tour packages. Any info would help, i.e. do I need to bring my bike or can you rent good quality bikes there and what kind of trails etc.? Anyone who has been there and has local contacts, would appreciate that contact and maybe could find out from locals...?
      thanks.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2008 at 4:29 AM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

Playa Pesquero update from Hurricane Ike

Holguín Oct 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might have any current information as to the state of repairs to the resort, Playa Pesquero. I understand that there was a large amount of damage, and was just wondering if the resort is getting back to normal.

Many thanks
      Jim

4 Answers Oct 27, 2008 at 3:38 AM