Provincia de Guanacaste Travel Answers

change location

What is September really like in the rainy season?

by kboyne Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My fiance and I are considering coming to Guanacaste for our honeymoon in early September (probably Sept. 2 - 11). However, we are nervous after hearing it will be the peak of the rainy season! Can anyone describe what the weather is really like there in September? Does it rain every day? Does it rain at the same time every day? Does it rain all day long, or just for a few hours? Obviously, we don't want it to be overcast and gloomy all day long on our honeymoon. We appreciate any detail that can be provided!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Re: What is September really like in the rainy season?

by blueskyjohn Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Yes, September is in the rainy season. Typically, most days it will rain in the afternoon and this could be everyday depending on temperature and fronts. Usually it is thunderstorms that could last 30 minutes to all afternoon. And of course you could be there a time when it rains all day.

Meteorologist that forecast the weather week to week are wrong on occasion and looking out to 6 months, the only thing for sure is you will get some rain. How much there is no way to know. When I've been there in the rainy season, it would be clear in the morning and by 2pm it was pretty overcast with sporadic showers and thunderstorms. But it did not rain all day. That's not to say that it can't rain all day.

If you want more of a sure thing, look into Aruba. It's outside the hurricane belt and gets little rain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: What is September really like in the rainy season?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

guanacastecostarica.com/clim...
    If you look at this link you will see that September is the worst time to go regarding rain, humidity is high and the temperature is also high.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Provincia de Guanacaste Travel Answer Locations