Provincia de Bocas del Toro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How long to stay?

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Feb 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

we are going to Panama, but only have sunday evening until tuesday afternoon to spend in Bocas... does it worth it to pay airline tickets and hotel for that short time? Which would be the best activities to do in that time frame? thanks for the advice!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

San Blas Island Trip

Bocas del Toro Feb 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I will have a rental car - where do I drive up to get the 4 wheel Jeeps to go to the san blas Islands. Is it better to leave my car at the hotel and take a prepaid day trip. Thanks for your answer.

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

Cost of Ferry

Bocas del Toro Feb 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Do any one of know how much it cost to take a rental car to the Island and come back ? I will like to hear from some did or does. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • scurry10's Profile Photo

Contedora Island or Bocas Del Toro, Panama

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Jan 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I am trying to find out which is the better tourist area to go to in Panama either Contadora Island or Boca Del Toro

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • scurry10's Profile Photo

Bocas Del Toro

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Jan 31, 2014 at 9:59 AM

This will be my first time going to Bocas Del Toro and is there any helpful tips on the island, where to stay, how to get around and good places to eat.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • Elopement out of the us

Bocas del Toro Jan 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM

What do you need to do to legally marry in bocas del toro, panama. We are from the United States....

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:17 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Most quiet island in the archipelago

Bocas del Toro Jun 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Hi,

We are considering spending some time in the bocas del toro archipelago, but do not want to go party.
      Which one of the islands is the most quiet one?
      As we are traveling with a small sailboat, on which we can not sleep, would it be hard to find an apartment to rent which has a boat dock?

Thanks!!

1 Answer Jul 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM
    • uscurr's Profile Photo

Most Direct Route

Bocas del Toro May 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I am planning to visit Panama in February. I have been told this is the most favorable time to visit. I would like to know the following:

1. What is the best way to go from Panama City to Bocas del Toro?

2. I am traveling as a single person; is this a place where I need to take a companion or will I be able to find companionship in both Panama City and Bocas. If so where would I be looking. (I am 62)

3. I hear Boquete is a lovely place to visit. Do I do Bocas or Boquete.

4. I am planning to make this a 3 week vacation. How would you plan this out?

Thank you for all your help. I know there are many questions but you never go wrong when you get the information you are looking for from those who live there.

1 Answer Jul 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    • train ride

Bocas del Toro Sep 8, 2011 at 9:17 AM

We are planning a trip to Bocas del Toro. Has anyone taken the train from Panama City to Colon? How do we get from Colon to Bocas del Toro?

1 Answer Oct 3, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    • Bocas Del Toro In August Advice Please

Bocas del Toro Jun 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Hi People

I am travelling South and Central America for a year. I am looking into somewhere my brother and his wife can come from the UK to and meet me for a 2 week holiday in August. They are into beach holidays, windsurfing with some liveliness in the evenings. Can anyone give me advice on if Bocas Del Torro might fit the bill and what would the weather be like in August. I know that is rainy season but is there still a reasonable amount of sun? thanks

1 Answer Aug 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    • Destination Wedding in Bocas!

Bocas del Toro Jan 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM

My fiance and I have been to Bocas Del Toro and loved it so much that we have decided to get married there! Any suggestions of places to have the ceremony/reception, caterers, musicians, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated. We are planning to have the wedding sometime winter 2012 and will have approx. 20-30 people in attendance.
      Gracia a todos!

2 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    • Bocas Bound hostel

Bocas del Toro Sep 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Hi all ,I booked a two day stay at bocas bound ,anyone ever hear of it? Best way to get there from bocas del toro?

3 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    • Timing for travel to Bocas?Boquete-Is January Ok?

Bocas del Toro Sep 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

We have a trip planned to Panama for January 21-29 and have recently been to Panama City and many of the surrounding areas. We did not make it to Bocas or to Boquete and wanted to check those areas out this time. Will the weather be OK in January for those areas?

Also, we are considering retiring in Panama and would like to look for ideas-we are probably 10-12 years out from moving. Any ideas on where to stay in these areas would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    • snorkeling question

Bocas del Toro Feb 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM

What is the truth about snorkeling here. I am planning on going either to Bocas or to ambergris Caye in Belize or to Saint Lucia. A real plus for bocas seems to be the frogs and the Minkeys. But, does anyone know how the snorkeling compares in Bocas to these oher places? I just read a review that says that there are problems with three of the main places.

Kraal Cay--no coral...is that true?
      Hospital point---coral is dead and few fish...is that true?
      zapatillas--currents are too strong to snorkel...is that true?
      How about bocas del drago for snorkelling, where we might stay?

I also read that visibility is low after a rain storm...How difficult would this make a ten day stay in march...will it be really hard to find a calm day when it hasn't rained recently to impede on visibility?

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM
    • fraga's Profile Photo

Best Restaurants and Nightlife in Bocas del Toro

Bocas del Toro Nov 21, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Hi There,

I'm travelling with my girlfriend to Panama and will stay at Bocas Del Toro for a few days.
      Can someone recommend the best restaurants and nice spots of nightlife. Of course, being with a girlfriend you don't want to go to dangerous or agressive environments...
      I read good things about these ones:

- Pickled Parrot
      - El Ultimo Refugio
      - Island Time

Do you agree? Would you add other ones...?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 21, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    • DIfferences between bocas del toro and San Blas Islands

Bocas del Toro Jun 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its worth going to both islands, or if one island is better then the other. Are there any major similarities/differences??
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    • JRiel's Profile Photo

bocas room to rent???

Bocas del Toro Feb 11, 2009 at 1:16 AM

i'm seriously thinking of moving to bocas del toro, panama in a couple months, stay there for at least 8 months. does anyone know of any CHEAP, long term rental options, like apartments or rooms to rent??? and i can go really rough. i've been known to on occasion live out of my back pack if need be, but since its kind of long term, something more than camping would be more agreeable. lemme know if anyone has any leads. thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    • kjirsch's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Bocas del Toro Jan 24, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Can anyone recommend a cool place to stay in Bocas del Toro?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    • the weather

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Dec 6, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Hi does anyone know if Bocas is getting food supplies eg. fresh fruit and vegetables or gas?

1 Answer Dec 10, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    • jlfloyd's Profile Photo

Bocas del Toro to San Blas region

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Jul 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM

My husband and I plan to visit Panama in Jan 09. We want to go to the Bocas del Toro region and the San Blas region. I am wondering if there are any direct lines of transport between the two, either buses or flights. If so, can you provide further info on either.

Thanks,
      Jenn

3 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    • Changuinola what is it really like for 17 year old USA student

Changuinola Jul 29, 2008 at 11:12 AM

My daughter is scheduled to do homestay in Changuinola for 10 months. Please tell me your opinion of this town.
      THANKS!!!

• Getting there from Ohio, USA

Bocas del Toro Jun 3, 2008 at 3:29 PM

My husband and I with our two young girls would love to explore Bocas del Toro and I am having trouble finding an economical way to get there from Ohio, USA. I saw on this forum that some of you traveled to Costa Rica first and then crossed the border via boat/land to get there. Can you tell me what city would be best to fly into if I go through Costa Rica? Flights from Ohio to Panama City are pricey. Any ideas on getting there cheaply would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 6, 2008 at 7:06 AM
    • shine3y3's Profile Photo

Credit Cards

Bocas del Toro Apr 12, 2008 at 4:25 PM

hello all;
      going to Bocas del Toro next week, i've heard of difficulty in using credit cards in far off places in Panama. are credit cards accepted widely around Bocas del Toro? hotels, restaurants etc...

Thanks.

3 Answers May 5, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    • Hotel La Coralina?

Bocas del Toro Oct 22, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I just stumbled across this hotel La Coralina that looks pretty good and is ranked #1 on Tripadvisor has anyone been?

gracias!

2 Answers Oct 23, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    • BergsFinest's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Bocas del Toro

Bocas del Toro Jul 12, 2007 at 8:50 AM

I am planning a honeymoon in Bocas del Toro for mid-August of 2008. SO far I only have Punta Caracol or Al Natural as possible accomodations. How are they? Will there typically be good conditions during that time of year? DO you have any other suggestions on where to stay in Panama for a honeymoon during that time of year?

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 12:50 PM
    • Can we swim?

Bocas del Toro Jun 28, 2007 at 10:24 AM

I have two places that I can't decide between and I guess I'm wondering if either of these places have good swimming at all...Teirra Verde and Dolphin Bay Hideaway. Also, is one location much better than the other? We like to feel a million miles away yet be able to go and get a drink and talk to some folks and then lie back in our hammocks...on the days we're going to take off from other excursions. I know we do not want to be in Bocas so taht was out from the start, but any suggestions or opionions would be lovely!

• thebeatsurrender's Profile Photo

Also, Sloths please!

Bocas del Toro Apr 17, 2007 at 1:06 PM

How common is it to see sloths in the Bocas Del Toro area in late July/early August? How common is it to see sloths in Puerto Viejo? We are going to Bocas and are wondering if we need to make a side trip to Puerto Viejo to make sure we see some sloths.

2 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    • thebeatsurrender's Profile Photo

Turtles Please!

Bocas del Toro Apr 17, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Hi,

I heard you can see turtles laying eggs on some beaches in Bocas Del Toro, but you can only see them at night. Is this correct? Since water taxis don't run at night, what's the best/cheapest way to see them?

Could we pay some guy with a boat to take us to the turtles at night and then take us back to town the same night? How much would that be?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 4, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • Where to stay in bocas town for a few nights and then on to another island for 3 nights?

Bocas del Toro Apr 16, 2007 at 11:54 AM

This is my first trip to Panama. This is my plan so far. My husband and I will spend 2 or 3 days in PC. Fly to Cortadora Island (or is another Pearl Island better-looking for expatriates but not in a compound or gated resort) for one night. Then from PC fly to David and rent a car to drive around a few days, then fly from David to Bocas. After our stay in Bocas, fly back to PC.
      What do you think? We want to go in May, but I haven't book anything as yet,for it's hard trying to coordinate flights, lodging, etc. Do you know a good travel agent in Panama who could coordinate for a reasonable price? I've been using guide books dated 2004 plus what I could find on googling. Thanks, appreciate any help.

5 Answers May 13, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    • Cayo Coco - Drive to Havana

Cayo de Coco Apr 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Does anyone know how long it would take to drive from Cayo Coco to Havana?