change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MiriamT's Profile Photo

Samara fishing

Costa Rica Jul 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Does anyone know a good contact for fishing in Samara?

more

Advise for staying in Nosara

Costa Rica Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Staying at Mango B&B in Nosara July 15-18th. My daughter would like to go fishing. Does anyone know someone to contact that offers that services. Also any suggestions you have for activities would be be appreciated. We will not have a car so hoping to most things by foot.
      Thank you!

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Monteverde Tours

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Has anyone ever used Monteverde Tours please?

more
    • Tres Amigos Villas

Provincia de Puntarenas Jun 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Thinking about booking but it states mangrove area towards rear of property which has me envisioning mosquitos everywhere.

more

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

more

Places to stay in Samara

Costa Rica Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Have decided to stay on Pacific coast. What do you think of Samara and recommendations for places to stay. Will be arriving July 12th from Monteverde.

more

Travel to Cahuita

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

We are looking to go to Cahuita after leaving Monte Verde. What is the best/economical way to get there? Public bus? We would like to go later in the afternoon so we don't wast a whole day traveling. Also we would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay and what your suggestions would be on things to do. Thank you all so much for your advise and suggestions!!

more

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica Jul 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Boat from Los Chiles to Caño Negro?

Costa Rica Jun 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is it possible to go by boat instead of bus in the rainy season from Los Chiles to Caño Negro? I read somewhere about it but can’t find it anymore.

more

transportation

Costa Rica Jul 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Still having trouble with transportation issues from San Jose to Monteverde and then from Monteverde to Samara. Back to airport from Samara. The $150 x 2( to MV then from Samara) for the shuttle is more than we would like to spend and don't mind the public bus but can we easily tell which ones to change to during the changes. For car rental how bad are the roads to and in Monteverde? Any suggestions or anyone wanting to share transportation July 11 to Monteverde?

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Tour Guides for Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Going to Costa Rica next year and would like to cut out the UK Tour Companies. Does anyone know of, or had experience of local Tour Companies in Costa Rica please?

We want to go to Arenal Volcano NP, Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, Manuel Antonio and other places.

more

Popular Provincia de Alajuela Travel Answer Locations

• cÓMO LLEGAR DE LOS CHILES A fORTUNA sin hacer seis transbordos

Fortuna May 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Tenemos que viajar del Castillo a los Chiles en barca y de allí a Fortuna en bus, pero las opciones que encuentro desde los Chiles hasta Fortuna hacen hasta seis transbordos y tardan una eternidad. Hay alguna opción que conozcais?

3 Answers May 19, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

From Alajuela (town) to Los Chiles

Alajuela Mar 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Hi all, I know that there are hourly buses from San José to Ciudad Quesada. I need to go early in the morning from Alajuela to Los Chiles to catch the bus to Caño Negro at 14.00. When and where does the bus leave in Alajuela? I will travel on a sunday, are there fewer buses?

6 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • taxi service

Fortuna Dec 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

are there taxis at the hotels? we will stay at Baldi will they have taxi service?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • hotel del rey

San José Dec 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

is it safe in and around the hotel

4 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • hotel del rey

San José Dec 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

any advice on safety in and around the hotel

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    • Atenas to Arenal or nearby locations if short of time?

Atenas Aug 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

After reviewing different coffee tours, El Toledo seems the best choice. But I was wondering - if we plan to book a coffee tour in Atenas in the afternoon there will be very few time to get to the next point of interest. Is it worth to hurry to Arenal (La Fortuna I suppose) or there are some nice places to stay between and enjoy the evening and get to Arenal area in the early morning next day? First time in Costa Rica, any advice will be appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    • globeexplorer's Profile Photo

One afternoon and evening in San Jose

San José Feb 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Hi all. My hubby and I will be arriving in SanJose March 7th but leaving the next morning. Any advice on what we can do there with so much to see and so little time? What is MUST SEE? (We will then be spending time in Arenal and Guanacaste -- this is just a question for San Jose).

Also - do you have a favorite restaurant to recommend????

Thanks in advance.

Ella

7 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    • dustmon's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in the city for one night?

San José Sep 22, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Now we have to spend the night in San Jose on our way to Malpais---looking at Grano de Oro....any others in the city where we wont have to take a taxi for our one day sightseeing?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    • laundry

Fortuna Aug 29, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Are there any self-service laundries in Fortuna? If a hotel does your laundry what is a typical cost (I'll be at Lomas del Volcan)?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2011 at 6:25 AM
    • Autobus confusion

Alajuela Apr 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Which bus should I take from Alajuela Central's Bus Hub to the Alejandro Soto Stadium? Where might I get a schedule...for Sunday? Please, thanks.

• Autobus confusion

Alajuela Apr 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Which bus should I take from Alejuela Central's Bus Hub to the Estad

• Safety in San Jose?

San José Jan 9, 2010 at 8:01 PM

My husband and I will be arriving in San Jose in February. We're only staying 2 nights there and will be staying the rest of the time near Arenal, but are concerned about our safety in San Jose. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks so much!

3 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    • Closest place to Arenal/La Fortuna to see sea turtles?

Provincia de Alajuela Jan 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I know there's not a really close place to see turtles nesting near Arenal seeing as how it's not on a coast : ), but I was wondering where the best, easiest place to go would be from there. Is the best place Tortuguero, or is Playa Grande near Tamarindo as good? Is the best way to travel by bus, or should I rent a car or something else?

Thanks so much for any help!

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    • SullyBiz's Profile Photo

Bus to La Fortuna

Alajuela Jul 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM

It seems that buses run regularly from the airport to Alajuela but I am trying to find the cheapest possible route from Alajuela (or Rio Segundo) to La Fortuna/Arenal. Does anyone have any info on local bus routes or a good place to look online?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    • mtrinko's Profile Photo

bus from Alajuela to Quesada or Los Chiles

Alajuela Aug 8, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Where? How? When?

Want to travel August 15 from Alajuela (or even San Joaquin de Flores or airport).

• akskibunny's Profile Photo

Storing Excess Baggage

San José Jan 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a place, either a storage company or lockers, in San Jose's airport to keep excess bags for about 5 days.

3 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 9:35 PM
    • La Pradera room rates

Fortuna Jan 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Please give me the current room rates for La Pradera Hotel as of 2/13/08 for both double and single occupancy. Also, do you have vacancies for a double and a single room from 2/13 thru 2/15? Please let me know the answers to the above as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

1 Answer Jan 21, 2008 at 11:41 AM
    • La Pradera room rates

Fortuna Jan 21, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Please give me the current room rates for La Pradera Hotel as of 2/13/08 for both double and single occupancy.

• How to get around la Fortuna without a car?

Fortuna Jan 15, 2007 at 9:10 PM

We (party of 3) don't plan to rent a car. What is the best way to go around, say, from the town of la Fortuna to Arenal Volcano National Park and the various hot springs? Is there buses or taxis?
      Thanks,
      Raymond

2 Answers Jan 16, 2007 at 3:28 PM
    • lodging search

Zarcero Aug 24, 2006 at 9:29 AM

Please give me any advice on one night's lodging in Zarcero.

Also please advise on the time it takes to travel from San Jose airport to Zarcero.

Also, the time it takes to travel from the San Jose airport to Jaco or Manuel Antonio

1 Answer Oct 7, 2006 at 9:12 PM
    • kkanem's Profile Photo

Christmas in San Jose

San José Apr 16, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Is christmas holiday a good time to go to San Jose, Costa Rica? How is the weather at that time of the year? can I have good time at that time of the year?

Thanks.

3 Answers May 5, 2006 at 2:34 PM
    • dapa18's Profile Photo

Chat in Costa rica and Argentina

San José Apr 4, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Hi, does anyone know any chat rooms in Costa Rica and Argentina? Many thanks for info!!!

• hotel recommendations

Fortuna Dec 28, 2005 at 6:08 AM

It's been a long time since I've visited La Fortuna. Obviously I have a bias for the place (my name is Kevin Fortuna), and I've been meaning to get back there. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that is nice, clean, but not too expensive? Thanks!

Kevin Fortuna

2 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    • Lidrokz's Profile Photo

Any Info?

Tigra Oct 28, 2005 at 11:10 AM

Does any one know anything about the town of La Tigra up near Fortuna???
      Are there any sites that might contain any info about it?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated! We will be there for a day or so in January/06

2 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 12:58 PM
    • Emilia77's Profile Photo

San Jose, should I go???

San José Jan 26, 2005 at 4:48 PM

I'll be arriving in San Jose on April 7 for a 2 weeks trip. Should I plan few days to visit?? I heard it wasn't worth it and not very safe. What do you think? If you think I should visit, what do you recommand?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2005 at 4:43 AM
    • salseracubana's Profile Photo

youth hostel in san jose

San José Oct 4, 2004 at 9:55 AM

Can anyone recommend a youth hostel in San Jose?

3 Answers Oct 9, 2004 at 1:24 PM
    • salseracubana's Profile Photo

prescription medication

San José Oct 4, 2004 at 9:54 AM

Can I buy "prescription" asthma medication over the counter in Costa Rica?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2004 at 3:49 PM
    • Retirement in Grecia

Grecia Oct 4, 2003 at 6:32 AM

If pissible I would like to chat with an American that is living in Grecia. Thanks in advavce, Jim