Provincetown Travel Answers

change location
tidnab's Profile Photo

What happened to Best Western?

by tidnab Online Now Jan 1, 2008 at 6:42 AM

I am looking for a place to stay in Provincetown next summer. On several websites I saw the Best Western Chateau Motor Inn on 105 Bradford Street Ext. got some nice reviews from other travelers.

Now, the BW-homepage does not list this hotel. Some other sites that I find with google also don't work anymore. Does anyone know if this hotel is still there? Has it changed its name?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • haikutaxi's Profile Photo

Re: What happened to Best Western?

by haikutaxi Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

There were 2 Best Western Motels at one time... the Tides on the East End of town was demolished to carve out lots to build McMansions. I believe the same fate awaits the Chateau. If you want to stay on the far West end of town (where the Chateau is/was located) I would suggest checking out or both on the West end of Commercial Street. The Inn at the Moors has a great view but that's about all it has going for it & the Provincetown Inn is musty and dated, but has a very nice pool (a favorite R&R spot for townies)and is a good place to stay if you have children.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What happened to Best Western?

by ptownrob Online Now Jan 24, 2008 at 2:42 AM

Hello,

I do believe the Best Western is still in operation. A good tip is looking for accomodations around Truro as well you can take the shuttle to Provincetown and in the summer the shuttle goes till 12 am. On another note Http://www.provincetownlive.net is a great resource for Provincetown if your looking for vaccation rentals and Entertainment Information.

Take Care

ptownrob

• haikutaxi's Profile Photo

Re: What happened to Best Western?

by haikutaxi Online Now May 22, 2008 at 12:22 PM

The Chateau HAS opened for the season but is no longer a Best Western. Their website is: www.chateauptown.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines