Provincetown Travel Answers

change location

Off-Season Travel from the Cape to Boston

by alanrNJ Online Now Nov 24, 2007 at 6:23 PM

OK, so the ferry is the best way to get from the Cape to Boston and return. But since ferries don't seem to operate until mid-May, what's the best way to get to Bean-town off-season? I'm planning to visit the Cape in early April and want to day-trip to Boston, but I hate the thought of driving there.

Thanks.

Alan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • alansm's Profile Photo

Re: Off-Season Travel from the Cape to Boston

by alansm Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Auto really is best. And it doesn't have to be a long drive. You can get to the beginning of Cape Cod in a little over an hour or to the center, like Chatham, in less than two hours. Provincetown, the farthest distance, is about three hours driving and and is the place where you would arrive on the ferry. You would probably want your car with you anyway, so personally, I would drive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • haikutaxi's Profile Photo

Re: Off-Season Travel from the Cape to Boston

by haikutaxi Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Truthfully, it's not a bad drive in early April but even at its best it is a 3 hour trip to downtown Boston from Provincetown. If you want to do a day trip and not spend 6 hours of that day on the highway, check out Cape Air.
    Their winter specials don't cost much more round trip than the ferries do.
    The planes are small, 9 passenger Cessnas, but it's a beautiful flight on a clear day and it's only 20 minutes from Provincetown to Logan airport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines