change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you
      Jillikins.

more
    • cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

more

Popular Province of the Western Cape Travel Answer Locations

• cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

5 Answers May 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you
      Jillikins.

2 Answers May 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM
    • Restaurants with a view

Cape Town Mar 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I feel a bit silly asking this. I come from Cape Town but moved away about a decade ago. I am going back in a few months and want to take my girlfriend for a nice simple lunch or even a picnic somewhere with a view. I know all the usual spots, but I'm looking for something a little more different. I'm not looking for anywhere flashy, rather something relaxed but nice. Any ideas?

8 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

Marathon closures, Kirstenbosch + Table Mountain

Cape Town Mar 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, my husband and I - active seniors - are arriving at 8 in the morning at Cape Town International airport. We will then pick up our rental car. We are planning on doing the following that day, before driving to our booked accommodation in Blaubergstrand: drive from the airport to Kirstenbosch, spend about 3 hours there, maybe grab a bit of lunch, and then drive to the Table Mountain cable-car to go up with an afternoon ticket.

My questions are this:

1) Does that sound like a good itinerary for the first day? Since we're coming from Europe we won't be jet lagged. We'll be in Cape Town for three more full days, when we'll be going on a wine tour, to Robben Island (have already booked for the next day, Sunday), Bo-kaap, and a full day to the Cape of Good Hope, but I thought getting an overview of the city from Table Mountain would be a good idea. Or should we do Table Mountain in the morning and Kirstenbosch in the afternoon?

2) I understand there will be a marathon in town on Saturday 4th, so will there be any roads on the way to either Kirstenbosch or Table Mountain from the airport that will be close?

Thanks so much for some feedback!

2 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 2:12 AM
    • roni690's Profile Photo

looking for deiver

Cape Town Mar 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HI i will be with my family in Capetown for 5 days i'm looking for a driver for all day on April 8 to take us to the wine area
      and than bring us back after diner about 10 pm. any sogestion's. thanks Ron

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • visa for malaysian passport holder

Cape Town Feb 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Hello,I would like to find out if anyone can help in relation to a visa issue. Me and my missus plan to travel to capetown next month for a break. Ive taken some time off work and we would like to spend 3 months in south Africa. I hold a british passport so i will be given 3 moths vistor visa on arrival. However my wife has a malaysian passport and only gets a month visa on arrival. Is it possible as she is traveling with me that she would also get 3 months on arrival instead of one month...........

thanks all for any advice.

Fergs

2 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip end of January

Cape Town Jan 14, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Hello VTers. My sister is planning for a trip alone to cape town and i have few questions:
      1- Is it safe for a female traveller to go alone to Cape town?
      2- What are the best destinations that she should see (5 days trip) other than museums and shopping places
      3- Is there any chance to see whales end of January?
      4- Is there any recommended safari area near Cape Town
      Thank you

5 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM
    • colares's Profile Photo

Taxi rates

Cape Town Jan 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hi,
      what are the approximate costs for a taxi from the airport to Waterfront area? - Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM
    • Cape Town Holidays

Cape Town Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM

I am planning to travel with family to cape town, Where is a good place to stay away from the nightlife. Suggest the best one .
      Thanks

3 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    • Is is safe to go to CT with 3Y old children?

Cape Town Dec 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am thinking of going to CT with my 3Y old child - do you think this is safe place to visit for family? I've read so many bad reviews that I am a bit worries now... and what about interchange flight in Johannesburg? is this OK? HELP I am loosing my mind...

4 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Safety on trains Observatory/ Newlands

Cape Town Dec 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hi everyone
      My girlfriend is gonna go to Cape Town for two months to improve her Enlish. Since she read about the safety
      situation (not walking the streets after nightfall, if possible stay away from trains, robbery, violation(!) and many more) in Cape Town she became a little worried and to be honest me too.
      Is there any local or someone who knows these places who could give us some insight on the actual safety situation in the areas Observatory and Newlands and what is the safest way to commute between those areas without using the train (since its not advisable to use it)?
      Thanks in advance

• Rent a car - where? Can´t seem to find any available car :(

Cape Town Dec 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM

We´re staying down in Bantry Bay and i would love to take the family to Simons town and Cape Point, BUT there is not a single rental car available anywhere (according to the major booking sites) Anyone know where to get a car? On the 29th or the 30th. // The swedish tourists

3 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • stuck without a passport

Cape Town Dec 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM

My friend is in Capetown and friday night was chased and his guide shot which made him go off the road and he hit a teenage girl. The guide and girl are in hospital he has head trauma but was released, his wallet and credits cards and cash taken- and his passport taken by police and hospital until he pays for girls hospital stay..no access to bank as ID and contact numbers also gone- anything anyone can do?

22 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Does anyone know of safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

• Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Is there any safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Banfilid's Profile Photo

Accommodation and storytelling in Cape Town, June-July 2015

Cape Town Nov 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hello, Does anyone know where I could go to hear storytelling in Cape Town. Also, looking for cheap (but safe) accommodation near Hiddingh Campus at the University of Cape Town. I plan to travel at the end of June until early July.

5 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Location - Where to stay

Cape Town Nov 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I will only have 2 nights in Cape Town. Any suggestions on what to see and do? I know I want to see Boulder Beach, but aside from that I am open to your recommendations.

6 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • train transport to Oudtshoorn

Cape Town Oct 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Do you have a train service that travels from cape town to Oudtshoorn?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    • tpbalazs's Profile Photo

Fifth night in Cape Town or Simons Town

Cape Town Sep 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM

My wife and I and our six year old are staying in Cape Town and then traveling to Knysa and the garden route. We were going to book 4 nights in CT than and then one night in Simons Town, to see penguins etc. and continue on to Knysa from there. But an SA friend said to avoid staying in Simon's Town and just go see the penguins on a day trip and come back to CT (, so stay 5 nights in Ct and then on to GR).

Thoughts, advice? PS. WE're going to be there in the third week of December. Yes, high season.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • New visa laws in SA

Cape Town Sep 6, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Is it still possible to extend a 3 months visitor's visa once in SA? I know the visa laws changed on 1 June this year so I'm not sure.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

2 weeks Cape Town - Garden Route - Addo - Cape Town

Cape Town Aug 31, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi, we are just in the early stage of planning a two-week trip from Cape Town and back next Easter. I've looked at lots of itineraries and forum questions but most seem to fly back out from Port Elizabeth. Does anyone have any suggestions for a round-trip by road? We want to go inland to Oudtshoorn, spend about 4 nights in Cape Town, do a number of wineries, see the main places of interest on the Garden Route and spend a day or two in Addo. There are 4 of us - seniors - and we'll be driving, but we'd like to avoid doing the same road twice. Any suggestions and advice appreciated.

7 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Getting Around

Cape Town Aug 22, 2014 at 1:20 PM

We have booked a week at V+A waterfront on our first time in CT, initially without a car. Do we need one for Table Mountain? We intend to rent one for the last day or two anyway before embarking on a Garden Route tour. Also, do we need to prebook accommodation en route to Pt Elizabeth in mid February?

3 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rental.

Cape Town Aug 18, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Hello:

We are expats living in Kenya.

We will be traveling to South Africa in December.

We are interested in renting a Toyota Avanza(or similar) when in Cape Town and driving to my wife's hometown of East London.

Does anyone know of any peer-to-peer vehicle rentals in South Africa?

Here in Kenya, we can cheaply rent a vehicle from the locals and pay about $30/day including insurance, etc.

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • Spending Money

Cape Town Aug 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I no this might be a stupid question and i have been doing a lot of research but i was wondering what the average spending money a couple would need for 12 days.; I have accomadation but will be buying my own food and doing various attractions. Would 16000 rands be enough.
      Thanks In advance

5 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    • duty free stores

Cape Town Jul 31, 2014 at 2:14 AM

How much inexpensive are duty free stores compared to retail stores?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • DeepanKalra's Profile Photo

CAB FROM AIRPORT TO JETTY STREET

Cape Town Jul 16, 2014 at 6:12 AM

HI
      I am travelling to cape town in Aug. I want to know how much a cab will charge from airport to Circa Luxury apartment hotel, 12 jetty street, city bowl, cape town. Are there any prepaid cab services at the airport. Lastly how safe are cabs in Cape Town.
      thanks

4 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • Orion10101's Profile Photo

Weather now? (June/July 2014)

Cape Town Jun 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Am travelling to Cape Town this weekend. What is the real-feel weather like for daytime sightseeing? Though it appears to be in the region of 16degC, is it coat weather? Travelling from my Summer to Cape Town Winter and am uncertain of my wardrobe requirements :-)
      Thanks a million, Orion

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • discount super stores

Cape Town Jun 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Will be visiting Cape Town later this month for a first visit. Was wondering if someone could give me an idea of where I can shop for discounted school supplies and/or children's clothing. Will be visiting a few small communities that have requested these supplies as donations and thought it would be better to buy them after I arrive in SA instead of bringing them from home.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • Cape Town Safari

Cape Town Jun 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Am thinking of visiting Cape Town for first time for 10 days over Christmas period with family (2 adults + kids aged 11 &15 ). Would like to spend some of the time on safari/nature reserve. Is that possible or too far away from Cape Town?
      Thanks
      Edward Hoare

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    • Honeymoon Destination?

Cape Town Jun 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Ok, first off I want to say that I know these are absurdly different destinations. My fiance and I are looking to book our honeymoon; we go on a resort vacation every year but we want to go all out on this one. We have two weeks set aside for the trip and are looking for something that will entertain/relax us for the duration of the trip. We don't have kids yet and we really want to make the right decision of which destination to choose because although we want to go "all out" we also don't want to come home broke when we could have chosen an equally enjoyable trip for less money. Cape Town is extremely expensive and our budget tops off with the group tours which are 6 days in cape town then 3 days somewhere where we do excursions and see the wildlife, then the last which i'm not crazy about is 2 days near some waterfall (which I'm sure is lovely but its the least intriguing to me). My fear is that I won't like being carted around South Africa with a group and the places outside of cape town may be boring other than the animal sightings. Our experiences with previous vacations is the all inclusive resorts are awesome but by the fifth night we are ready to go home. We are also considering doing a week in belize; a few days at Cayo Espanto and then a few at another resort and then follow up with a week in costa rica (not sure where yet). Lastly we are considering Greece but the same concerns about boredom after being in the same place for a week and then being stuck there for another week. I'm hoping some of you have been to any of these places can shed some light for us. Thank You in advance for your responses!!

10 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:16 AM