change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Province of the Western Cape Travel Answer Locations

• Rent a car - where? Can´t seem to find any available car :(

Cape Town Yesterday

We´re staying down in Bantry Bay and i would love to take the family to Simons town and Cape Point, BUT there is not a single rental car available anywhere (according to the major booking sites) Anyone know where to get a car? On the 29th or the 30th. // The swedish tourists

2 Answers Yesterday
    • stuck without a passport

Cape Town Dec 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM

My friend is in Capetown and friday night was chased and his guide shot which made him go off the road and he hit a teenage girl. The guide and girl are in hospital he has head trauma but was released, his wallet and credits cards and cash taken- and his passport taken by police and hospital until he pays for girls hospital stay..no access to bank as ID and contact numbers also gone- anything anyone can do?

22 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Does anyone know of safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

• Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Is there any safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Banfilid's Profile Photo

Accommodation and storytelling in Cape Town, June-July 2015

Cape Town Nov 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hello, Does anyone know where I could go to hear storytelling in Cape Town. Also, looking for cheap (but safe) accommodation near Hiddingh Campus at the University of Cape Town. I plan to travel at the end of June until early July.

5 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Location - Where to stay

Cape Town Nov 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I will only have 2 nights in Cape Town. Any suggestions on what to see and do? I know I want to see Boulder Beach, but aside from that I am open to your recommendations.

6 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • train transport to Oudtshoorn

Cape Town Oct 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Do you have a train service that travels from cape town to Oudtshoorn?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    • tpbalazs's Profile Photo

Fifth night in Cape Town or Simons Town

Cape Town Sep 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM

My wife and I and our six year old are staying in Cape Town and then traveling to Knysa and the garden route. We were going to book 4 nights in CT than and then one night in Simons Town, to see penguins etc. and continue on to Knysa from there. But an SA friend said to avoid staying in Simon's Town and just go see the penguins on a day trip and come back to CT (, so stay 5 nights in Ct and then on to GR).

Thoughts, advice? PS. WE're going to be there in the third week of December. Yes, high season.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • New visa laws in SA

Cape Town Sep 6, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Is it still possible to extend a 3 months visitor's visa once in SA? I know the visa laws changed on 1 June this year so I'm not sure.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

2 weeks Cape Town - Garden Route - Addo - Cape Town

Cape Town Aug 31, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi, we are just in the early stage of planning a two-week trip from Cape Town and back next Easter. I've looked at lots of itineraries and forum questions but most seem to fly back out from Port Elizabeth. Does anyone have any suggestions for a round-trip by road? We want to go inland to Oudtshoorn, spend about 4 nights in Cape Town, do a number of wineries, see the main places of interest on the Garden Route and spend a day or two in Addo. There are 4 of us - seniors - and we'll be driving, but we'd like to avoid doing the same road twice. Any suggestions and advice appreciated.

7 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Getting Around

Cape Town Aug 22, 2014 at 1:20 PM

We have booked a week at V+A waterfront on our first time in CT, initially without a car. Do we need one for Table Mountain? We intend to rent one for the last day or two anyway before embarking on a Garden Route tour. Also, do we need to prebook accommodation en route to Pt Elizabeth in mid February?

3 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rental.

Cape Town Aug 18, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Hello:

We are expats living in Kenya.

We will be traveling to South Africa in December.

We are interested in renting a Toyota Avanza(or similar) when in Cape Town and driving to my wife's hometown of East London.

Does anyone know of any peer-to-peer vehicle rentals in South Africa?

Here in Kenya, we can cheaply rent a vehicle from the locals and pay about $30/day including insurance, etc.

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • Spending Money

Cape Town Aug 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I no this might be a stupid question and i have been doing a lot of research but i was wondering what the average spending money a couple would need for 12 days.; I have accomadation but will be buying my own food and doing various attractions. Would 16000 rands be enough.
      Thanks In advance

5 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    • duty free stores

Cape Town Jul 31, 2014 at 2:14 AM

How much inexpensive are duty free stores compared to retail stores?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • DeepanKalra's Profile Photo

CAB FROM AIRPORT TO JETTY STREET

Cape Town Jul 16, 2014 at 6:12 AM

HI
      I am travelling to cape town in Aug. I want to know how much a cab will charge from airport to Circa Luxury apartment hotel, 12 jetty street, city bowl, cape town. Are there any prepaid cab services at the airport. Lastly how safe are cabs in Cape Town.
      thanks

4 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • Orion10101's Profile Photo

Weather now? (June/July 2014)

Cape Town Jun 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Am travelling to Cape Town this weekend. What is the real-feel weather like for daytime sightseeing? Though it appears to be in the region of 16degC, is it coat weather? Travelling from my Summer to Cape Town Winter and am uncertain of my wardrobe requirements :-)
      Thanks a million, Orion

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • discount super stores

Cape Town Jun 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Will be visiting Cape Town later this month for a first visit. Was wondering if someone could give me an idea of where I can shop for discounted school supplies and/or children's clothing. Will be visiting a few small communities that have requested these supplies as donations and thought it would be better to buy them after I arrive in SA instead of bringing them from home.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • Cape Town Safari

Cape Town Jun 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Am thinking of visiting Cape Town for first time for 10 days over Christmas period with family (2 adults + kids aged 11 &15 ). Would like to spend some of the time on safari/nature reserve. Is that possible or too far away from Cape Town?
      Thanks
      Edward Hoare

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    • Honeymoon Destination?

Cape Town Jun 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Ok, first off I want to say that I know these are absurdly different destinations. My fiance and I are looking to book our honeymoon; we go on a resort vacation every year but we want to go all out on this one. We have two weeks set aside for the trip and are looking for something that will entertain/relax us for the duration of the trip. We don't have kids yet and we really want to make the right decision of which destination to choose because although we want to go "all out" we also don't want to come home broke when we could have chosen an equally enjoyable trip for less money. Cape Town is extremely expensive and our budget tops off with the group tours which are 6 days in cape town then 3 days somewhere where we do excursions and see the wildlife, then the last which i'm not crazy about is 2 days near some waterfall (which I'm sure is lovely but its the least intriguing to me). My fear is that I won't like being carted around South Africa with a group and the places outside of cape town may be boring other than the animal sightings. Our experiences with previous vacations is the all inclusive resorts are awesome but by the fifth night we are ready to go home. We are also considering doing a week in belize; a few days at Cayo Espanto and then a few at another resort and then follow up with a week in costa rica (not sure where yet). Lastly we are considering Greece but the same concerns about boredom after being in the same place for a week and then being stuck there for another week. I'm hoping some of you have been to any of these places can shed some light for us. Thank You in advance for your responses!!

10 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • waterfront / long street, capetown

Cape Town May 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Hi,
      im Kristel currently in South Afrika for work in Jo'burg. Right now i am im Cape-Town for the weekend. I m staying near the waterfront and i would like To go out for drinks at Long Street or the Waterfront, anyone interested in joining?

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • Apartments or hotels

Cape Town May 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I am travelling to Cape Town in July. Would it be best to stay in a hotel or apartment?

6 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • Overnight stops on the way from Johannesburg to Knysna

Knysna Apr 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM

I am driving my classic car from Johannesburg to Knysna, and I would like to split the trip sort of 65% drive then stay over, and drive the last 35% the following day. Do you have any suggested routes and stopovers?

2 Answers May 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Beach weather?

Cape Town Apr 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi
      We will be visiting Cape Town for 6 days in early Sept. Should we bring swim suits ...is the weather warm enough for swimming? Also which are the best beaches for shelling?
      Thanks for your help.

11 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • Searching a Host in Capetown

Cape Town Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Anyone volunteer to host may reply.Dates are 26 Apr to 2nd may. I want to enjoy Max with limited budget.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • ondemania's Profile Photo

best places to stay

Cape Town Mar 20, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are a young couple visiting S.Africa in September for 2 weeks. The first week we are spending in Kruger and the second in 2 different spots in Cape town. We will have a car for excursions but dont want to use it for everyday use so will want private parking. We would like to stay in a safe area which has easy access to cafes, restaurants, bars etc within walking distance. We are not big party people so the main party streets are out. So far I am thinking somewhere in camps bay with a view of the sea, and then a place near waterfront/green point. Are these areas any good? Any advice would be great! I understand this question has probably been asked many times and appreciate all your knowledge :)

11 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    • Spending Money

Cape Town Mar 13, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I'm travelling to Cape town for a week in April and have everything sorted other than spending money? how much should I bring? is 2000 rand too little or enough? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • what to wear when you have leg disability

Cape Town Mar 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

my children are taking me South Africa for my 60th Birthday on March 16 I am getting mixe messages on what to take. I have a leg disability which I like to keep covered. I was thinking of taking linen trousers an maxi dresses what do you think?

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • RomyS3's Profile Photo

Medical Internships/Volunteer programs in Cape Town

Cape Town Jan 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Im looking at doing a Pre Med internship in Cape Town, specifically one run by connect-123, and am just looking for peoples opinions/experiences in such programs? I haven't been able to find reviews on their programs other than on their website and would like some unbiased advice if possible. Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

from airport to hotel

Cape Town Jan 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I'm staying in Circa Luxury Apartments Hotel at 12 Jetty Street, City Bowl, Cape Town. And I'm considering with a friend of mine if we could take a bus from the airport and then get to the hotel on foot or take a taxi to be driven straight to the hotel. We are on budget. My friend says that's very dangerous, that one can't see anybody on the streets with backpacks or suitcases. I do not know what to do. The plane is arriving at 9.40 on 20th Jan. ( Monday). It's during the day. I was told that the shuttle bus goes to the railway station area which is considered to be a dangerous place. Is it true? But if we are forced to hire a taxi what should we do no to be ripped off.
      Another thing is what to do till 2 p. m. till the time of checking in the hotel. They'll probably let us leave our luggage to be kept for some time but where is the nearest place to spend waiting for the room?
      I'd be grateful for your advice.

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • Trip to Cape Town and the Garden Route

Cape Town Jan 11, 2014 at 3:57 AM

We are going to South Africa in late September and plan to do the following trip
      Four nights in Cape Town with the highlights being Table Mountain, Robben Island, and the Cape of Good Hope.
      Two nights in Franschock for a wine tour.
      Two nights in Hermanus mainly to see the whales and marine life.
      One night in Oudshoorn for the caves and the ostrich farms
      Three nights in Knysna to relax, do a bit of hiking and do a safari tour in Plettengberg Bay game reserve.
      Last night in Port Elizabeth where we fly out from.
      What do you think nothing is booked so please feel free to suggest changes if necessary.
      Pat

5 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM