Province of the Western Cape

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Searching a Host in Capetown

Cape Town Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Anyone volunteer to host may reply.Dates are 26 Apr to 2nd may. I want to enjoy Max with limited budget.

more
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Beach weather?

Cape Town Apr 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi
      We will be visiting Cape Town for 6 days in early Sept. Should we bring swim suits ...is the weather warm enough for swimming? Also which are the best beaches for shelling?
      Thanks for your help.

more

Popular Province of the Western Cape Travel Answer Locations

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Beach weather?

Cape Town Apr 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi
      We will be visiting Cape Town for 6 days in early Sept. Should we bring swim suits ...is the weather warm enough for swimming? Also which are the best beaches for shelling?
      Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Searching a Host in Capetown

Cape Town Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Anyone volunteer to host may reply.Dates are 26 Apr to 2nd may. I want to enjoy Max with limited budget.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • ondemania's Profile Photo

best places to stay

Cape Town Mar 20, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are a young couple visiting S.Africa in September for 2 weeks. The first week we are spending in Kruger and the second in 2 different spots in Cape town. We will have a car for excursions but dont want to use it for everyday use so will want private parking. We would like to stay in a safe area which has easy access to cafes, restaurants, bars etc within walking distance. We are not big party people so the main party streets are out. So far I am thinking somewhere in camps bay with a view of the sea, and then a place near waterfront/green point. Are these areas any good? Any advice would be great! I understand this question has probably been asked many times and appreciate all your knowledge :)

11 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    • Spending Money

Cape Town Mar 13, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I'm travelling to Cape town for a week in April and have everything sorted other than spending money? how much should I bring? is 2000 rand too little or enough? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • what to wear when you have leg disability

Cape Town Mar 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

my children are taking me South Africa for my 60th Birthday on March 16 I am getting mixe messages on what to take. I have a leg disability which I like to keep covered. I was thinking of taking linen trousers an maxi dresses what do you think?

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • RomyS3's Profile Photo

Medical Internships/Volunteer programs in Cape Town

Cape Town Jan 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Im looking at doing a Pre Med internship in Cape Town, specifically one run by connect-123, and am just looking for peoples opinions/experiences in such programs? I haven't been able to find reviews on their programs other than on their website and would like some unbiased advice if possible. Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

from airport to hotel

Cape Town Jan 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I'm staying in Circa Luxury Apartments Hotel at 12 Jetty Street, City Bowl, Cape Town. And I'm considering with a friend of mine if we could take a bus from the airport and then get to the hotel on foot or take a taxi to be driven straight to the hotel. We are on budget. My friend says that's very dangerous, that one can't see anybody on the streets with backpacks or suitcases. I do not know what to do. The plane is arriving at 9.40 on 20th Jan. ( Monday). It's during the day. I was told that the shuttle bus goes to the railway station area which is considered to be a dangerous place. Is it true? But if we are forced to hire a taxi what should we do no to be ripped off.
      Another thing is what to do till 2 p. m. till the time of checking in the hotel. They'll probably let us leave our luggage to be kept for some time but where is the nearest place to spend waiting for the room?
      I'd be grateful for your advice.

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • Trip to Cape Town and the Garden Route

Cape Town Jan 11, 2014 at 3:57 AM

We are going to South Africa in late September and plan to do the following trip
      Four nights in Cape Town with the highlights being Table Mountain, Robben Island, and the Cape of Good Hope.
      Two nights in Franschock for a wine tour.
      Two nights in Hermanus mainly to see the whales and marine life.
      One night in Oudshoorn for the caves and the ostrich farms
      Three nights in Knysna to relax, do a bit of hiking and do a safari tour in Plettengberg Bay game reserve.
      Last night in Port Elizabeth where we fly out from.
      What do you think nothing is booked so please feel free to suggest changes if necessary.
      Pat

5 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    • hiking/sideseeing activity in cape town

Cape Town Dec 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Hi there, i am in cape town till end of january and I am looking for people who are interested in doing some hiks or other sideseeing activities in weekends.
      I am looking forward to your answer.

1 Answer Dec 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM

From Cape Town for a day trip

Cape Town Nov 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Could you tell me of a place for a day trip from Cape Town, especially to the north or anywhere. I love nature. Combined with sightseeing would be lovely. Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hermanus; transport

Cape Town Nov 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

How can I get to Hermanus from Cape Town, of course beside a rented car which in my case is impossible? Is there any transport, at least to one of many hotels in Hermanus? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • Garden Route Stopping Point?

Cape Town Nov 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM

We are flying from Kruger to George and planning to stay in Knysna for one night, heading to Mossel Bay for a shark dive the following day, and then making our way on the Garden Route toward Cape Town. We want to stay somewhere in between Mossel Bay and Cape Town for one night before arriving in Cape Town. We're looking for some advice re: a great place to spend a night. Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • quad bikes

Cape Town Nov 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM

do you know of any quad bikes or dirt bike tours from cape town

• Ostrich egg engraving

Oudtshoorn Nov 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Hi over 10 years ago I visited Oudtshoorn for the first time and bought a beautiful ostrich egg light. Unfortunately it has broken and I would like to replace it. It had a beautiful carving of a lion on one side and of african khoisan dancing on the other. Does anyone know which supplier/ farm makes them so I can contact them?
      Hoping you can advise me,
      Be busy this season!
      Lorna Powe
      lorna@salespartnerscapetown.co.za

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Beautiful girls in Cape town

Cape Town Nov 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Please where can I get beautiful babes in Cape town, I am coming for a two day sholiday.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    • Best route

Cape Town Oct 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We are two english ladies wanting to visit Kruger, then drive across to the Cape on the garden route. Is it best to hire care in JNB or PE and start from there. Which is the best route, don't really want to do Karoo. Any recommendations for b&b's and where, distance wise, should we stop? Is there anything safety wise that we should be aware of?

3 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    • DRIVING TO/FROM SIMONSTOWN

Cape Town Oct 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We are staying in Simonstown during the first part of our holiday and will then be moving on to Franschoek. Can anyone advise on the safest driving routes from the airport to Simonstown and from Simonstown to Franschoek please?

18 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    • One day safari in December

Cape Town Oct 21, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Is it worth doing a one day safari from cape town over christmas

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    • One Hotel or Several?

Cape Town Oct 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I will be staying in Cape town for 5 nights. Can we stay in one hotel and travel around or would it be best to stay in a few different areas?

6 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • MelanieBee's Profile Photo

Adrenaline activities

Cape Town Oct 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We are interested in doing one or two adrenaline activities in or around Cape Town in January. Things like sandboarding, tandem skydiving, paragliding... I found a website for Downhill Adventures but it doesn't look like the website has been updated since 2009. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Many thanks,
      Mel

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Is it better to book tours there or over the Net.

Cape Town Oct 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Hello

My wife and I will be there on Friday and we would like to go to a Game reserve which all seem very expensive on the Net,so we are wonder is it cheaper to book all kinds of tours when we get there since there must be a lot of people offering them.

Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    • ahmadngoma's Profile Photo

From Johannesburg to Cape Town

Cape Town Sep 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I am a young student from Rlabs and my future plans or medium term goal is to go to Cape Town to further my studies and have the experience the mother city,Cape Town.So before i make that decision final,i would like to know if its a good idea i have for my future?

13 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 4:29 AM
    • faynshao's Profile Photo

TRANSPORT,ACCOMODATION AND ACTIVITIES IN KNYSNA

Knysna Sep 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Hi there, please advise on the best way to get to knysna, the best areas for accomodation and how to get hold of activities organiser (eg horse riding, sunset cruse and the lake tour.)

Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • lapsycrafter's Profile Photo

Elephant hair bracelet

Cape Town Sep 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Is it legal to buy elephant hair bracelets? If yes where is the best place to buy,my son in law has asked me to bring one back for him as he had one but lost it. I know they are available on line.

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    • Finding accommodation In Greenpoint

Cape Town Sep 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I am looking for a self catering lodge or hotel of some sort in Green Point Cape Town from the 14th of October to the 21st of October. To accommodate 4 people, near the beach with a pool as well. Please Help?

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • bridal registry

Cape Town Sep 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

where is the best store for a bridal registry?

• transportation from international airport in Capetown, South Africa to Cape Sun hotel

Cape Town Sep 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

could you please inform me if there is any airport bus service from CPT (Capetown Int'l Airport) to the Cape Sun Hotel or is there a taxi service that isn't astronomical fro CPT to the Hotel.
      thank you for guidance,
      profsus

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Kirstenbosch - alone?

Cape Town Sep 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hi there,

at the end of October I will spend a couple of days at Cape Town and I started to plan my short trip. I am a woman and I will travel alone, so I wondered about the safety. I will use the Hop on Hop off bus and because of my limited time in the city I can only visit the most touristic places, so I don't think that this will be very dangerous. But I also would like to visit the botanical garden Kirstenbosch and I don't know if it's ok to be there alone? Are there rangers or something like that? What do you think? Thank you very much in advance for your advice!

Best wishes, Cici

6 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • Home swap?

Cape Town Sep 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM

HEllo,

my name is Luca, from Sardinia - Italy.

I'm interested in finding a house to swap with my apartment in the center of Cagliari (Sardinia'a main town)

My preferred period is from late december until end of march.

Is there someone able to give me some address or directly interested in this?

THanks in advance for your help

3 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Volunteer ZA: Any experience with volunteer platform www.teamsocialwork.com?

Cape Town Aug 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Hi,

my name is anne from Poland, 24, and I would like to volunteer abroad in South Africa. I am looking for an volunteer opportunity in Cape Town. I heard about a new volunteer platform Team Social Work (www.teamsocialwork.com)

Actually, the site is looking trustful, but does anyone have experience with this volunteer platform? Can you assist me ? Kind regards,

Anne

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 7:19 AM