Province of Tarlac Travel Answers

change location
bdarusin's Profile Photo

Mt. Pinatubo Plans

by bdarusin Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 1:22 AM

Hello,
I'm planning on trekking Mt. Pinatubo with my friends, hopefully this April. Any advise on the best way to do it with the least possible amount spent? Any tips?

Thanks,

Brenda

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Libra12's Profile Photo

RE: Mt. Pinatubo Plans

by Libra12 Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 1:52 AM

Check www.wowluzoncentral.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bike_packer's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Mt. Pinatubo Plans

by bike_packer Online Now Apr 4, 2006 at 3:44 AM

let me do this for cyprian, cutie!

there are package day tours offered to Mt. Pinatubo. the tour starts with a 4x4 ride from Angeles City or at Sta Juliana in Tarlac. the ride will take you midway to the usual trail taken by trekkers. from there on, a 2-3 hour walk to the crater lake is inevitable. but of course, this comes with a price. this is a good option if you dont intend to stay overnight at the place.

for a more enjoyable option, make it a 2-day, 1-night sked. that is, staying overnight at the campsite by the crater lake.

start early from the sta juliana base camp and start the 6-hour trek. stay overnight (bring your tent and other provisions). and then the way back home the next morning.

>>> for safety purposes, i recommend that you go trekking during weekends when there are other groups going to the place. fyi, a lot of mountaineers flock the place on weekends and the campsite is somewhat festive at night (if you dont mind). more time to commune with nature and better appreciation of the place.

• bdarusin's Profile Photo

by bdarusin Online Now Apr 4, 2006 at 4:04 AM

Thanks for the reply guys,
    Btw, we've decided to move the trek to may, not sure of the exact date pa. Cyprian's been very helpful (I've emailed him a few times now). So from his info and also from yours Boyet, I'll be re arranging my plans then I'll post it pag finalized na.

Thanks ulit

Brenda

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

by bike_packer Online Now Apr 4, 2006 at 7:02 PM

brenda,

i recommend that you make it early may when the rainy season doesnt set in yet.
    fyi, the trail is by the dry river which swells up in the rainy season. i heard that it's la nina this year.

• bdarusin's Profile Photo

by bdarusin Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 11:31 PM

Guys,
    We've decided to go there on May 6, just the day tour will do since we're only beginners. We're gonna commute to Sta.Juliana then rent a 4x4. Anybody from vt who's also going there that time?
    Thanks a lot for the tips!

Brenda

by Libra12 Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Bring food and water for your guide. Tell him to walk slowly and carry your bags. Take 5mins break every 30mins.

We were able to reach the crater in 1.5hours, but my legs were aching for almost a week.

by Libra12 Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 12:28 AM

I just received a message from the owner of a 4X4, the 4X4 can now go further reducing the trek to 30mins but the rent is 3,500pesos

• monina_c's Profile Photo

Re: Mt. Pinatubo Plans

by monina_c Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 5:57 PM

hehehe! i go with cyp! make sure to tell your guide to make several rest stops to ensure that nobody in your group overdoes it! I suggest that you go there early so you can escape the midday sun.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Tarlac Travel Answer Locations