Province of Saskatchewan Travel Answers

change location

Need help

by Weelkaya Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 3:43 PM

Thank you guys for your helpful replies, I am also wondering to mention that the proposed salary is a bit higher in Saskatoon than in Edmonton. If you have any ideas about the cost of life in the two cities and the minimum salary that I can accept, please keep me informed. I have never visit Canada!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Redlats's Profile Photo

RE: Need help

by Redlats Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Answers to these sorts of questions must available on the net somewhere - try Statistics Canada, or email a Canadian real estate agent in Edm or Saskatoon and ask them (http://www.mls.ca/).

Costs of some things are similar across the country (like food prices or fuel prices), but other things like home costs, property taxes, even income taxes are different in different cities/provinces.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Need help

by Meaziah Online Now Dec 18, 2006 at 9:56 AM

The cost of living in Edmonton is drastically higher than in Saskatoon. The province of Alberta, where Edmonton is located is in an economic boom as it has a significant amount of oil and gas. As a result, the cost of living has gone throught the roof. Jobs are plentiful as workers are in short supply.

If the salary is higher in Saskatoon - I would recommend moving there as I think you would be able to live a bit more comfortably.

As for minimum salary, I have no idea as to what type of work you are in but the minimum wage in Saskatoon would be7.55 per hour. Edmonton would be7.00 but because of the booming economy - I'm sure you cold get more than that.

Check out www.mls.ca to see the difference in housing prices alone.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Saskatchewan Travel Answer Locations