Travel Answers
Province of Quebec

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Motoski, Sled dog, trekking in snow shoes - Quebec province - Christmas.. where is snow guaranteed?

Province of Quebec Aug 21, 2015 at 11:49 PM

We are planning to spend our Christmas break in Canada (approx 20- 30 December). We will be flying in and out of Montreal. The plan is to spend in total 2-3 days in Montreal and/or Quebec at the beginning / end of the stay and the rest of the stay in a chalet in the snow.
      We would like to do outings with sled dogs, motoski, trekking with snow shoes, fishing on iced-over lakes etc etc. We are from Europe so this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. So we need snow!!

Where would be the places to go for these activities? where are "guaranteed" to get snow in December?
      We have been liaising with travel agencies and they have provided some suggestions... areas we have been looking at are Mont Tremblant, Sainte Agathe des Monts, Saint Donat de Montcalm, with also one offer near Fjord du Saguenay.... But is that far enough North?
      Thanks for your help!

more
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Mid October in Quebec

Quebec Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM

My husband and myself will be in Quebec from October 16 through 19. Would like to do a hop on hop off, but see that they do not run that late. Any suggestions on tours for the area at that time of the year.
      Thank you much.
      Nasea

more
    • are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

Montreal Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

more
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Currency exchage

Montreal Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers,

I have seen in warning and dangers that is not recommended to change money at the airport. Any recommendation about where to change USD in the city with good rates?

Thanks!

more
    • Need an email contact for a hostel

Montreal Jul 30, 2015 at 5:32 AM

I posted this week, got a notification I had 2 replies. When I accessed I see no reply and even my post (question) is gone! Why on earth.....?

Anyhow, here goes again.

I need an email for Aubergue Saint Paul in 339 St Paul, (Vieux) Montreal. 438-386-1339.

Can someone reply, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM, in case this post vanishes again.
      Thanks so much!!!

more
    • Day trip from Montreal?

Montreal Aug 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hello!

We are in Montreal for 7 nights, spending 3 days here. One day we will be going to QC, and one to Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anywhere anyone recommends visiting for a whole day trip within a few hours drive?

Our French is fairly limited so remote areas may be difficult.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

more
    • Day trip from Montreal?

Montreal Aug 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hello!

We are in Montreal for 7 nights, spending 3 days here. One day we will be going to QC, and one to Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anywhere anyone recommends visiting for a whole day trip within a few hours drive?

Our French is fairly limited so remote areas may be difficult.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

8 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Mid October in Quebec

Quebec Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM

My husband and myself will be in Quebec from October 16 through 19. Would like to do a hop on hop off, but see that they do not run that late. Any suggestions on tours for the area at that time of the year.
      Thank you much.
      Nasea

2 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • Motoski, Sled dog, trekking in snow shoes - Quebec province - Christmas.. where is snow guaranteed?

Province of Quebec Aug 21, 2015 at 11:49 PM

We are planning to spend our Christmas break in Canada (approx 20- 30 December). We will be flying in and out of Montreal. The plan is to spend in total 2-3 days in Montreal and/or Quebec at the beginning / end of the stay and the rest of the stay in a chalet in the snow.
      We would like to do outings with sled dogs, motoski, trekking with snow shoes, fishing on iced-over lakes etc etc. We are from Europe so this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. So we need snow!!

Where would be the places to go for these activities? where are "guaranteed" to get snow in December?
      We have been liaising with travel agencies and they have provided some suggestions... areas we have been looking at are Mont Tremblant, Sainte Agathe des Monts, Saint Donat de Montcalm, with also one offer near Fjord du Saguenay.... But is that far enough North?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Aug 22, 2015 at 4:00 AM
    • are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

Montreal Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

3 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Currency exchage

Montreal Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers,

I have seen in warning and dangers that is not recommended to change money at the airport. Any recommendation about where to change USD in the city with good rates?

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Need an email contact for a hostel

Montreal Jul 30, 2015 at 5:32 AM

I posted this week, got a notification I had 2 replies. When I accessed I see no reply and even my post (question) is gone! Why on earth.....?

Anyhow, here goes again.

I need an email for Aubergue Saint Paul in 339 St Paul, (Vieux) Montreal. 438-386-1339.

Can someone reply, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM, in case this post vanishes again.
      Thanks so much!!!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    • Tourist to Montreal loss back pack

Montreal Jul 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM

I loss a back pack in the eating area across from Premiere Moisson on 895 rue de la Gauchetiere in the Gare Centrale. What methods would I hope to find it back? Thank you. V/R, Ryan

3 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM
    • Transport in Quebec City

Quebec Jul 11, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Does the Quebec City HOHO bus operate between Oct 19th and 22nd? Does the Ecolobus operate at all now? We will be visiting Quebec City on these dates and would like to visit the usual tourist destinations. In neither of these will be available what options (walking is difficult for one of our group) are there? Many thanks!

7 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    • Use of English outside of the big cities

Quebec Jul 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM

An American friend, who doesn't speak any French, who does a lot of travel withing Quebec as part of his job, told me that he used to run into hostility from merchants and the public in general in Quebec, outside of Montreal and Quebec City, when he'd ask questions in English. He said he learned a trick to solve the problem. When he enters a store, he starts off by saying, "Habla Espanol?" then "Sprechen sie Deutch?". While the locals typically don't speak Spanish or German, they assume that the person is not American and not an English speaking Canadian.
      Then, with a fake accent, he says "Do you speak English?". Usually the merchant is then relieved, and delighted to speak English. Apparently anti-English resentment is not really against the English language, but against Americans and Canadians who take it for granted that everyone should speak English.
      Has this worked for any of you?

27 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • Travelling from Gaspe to Bathurst in New Brunswick via Bus ?

Gaspé Jul 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Gaspe airport (YGP) from Toronto (YYZ) via Air Canada. Once I reach Gaspe I intend to travel in a rental car to New Brunswick, PEI, Cape Breton. The whole trip is around 10 days long.
      I checked with the rental car companies and the province of Quebec has per Km pricing and no kms are free.
      Hence I need to move out of Quebec and then rent a car preferably in the province of New Brunswick (Bathurst or Moncton) for the entire trip.
      Can some one please help me in this regard. How do i travel out of Gaspe via a Bus or any other means to Bathurst in New Brunswick ?
      Moreover if someone knows of any rental agency in Gaspe, QC that charges just like in the province of Ontario pls do let me know ?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    • FLOWER GARDENS

Matane Jun 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM

What is the best month to visit the gardens in Matane

1 Answer Jun 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM
    • getting from Montreal to Quebec

Quebec Jun 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

We have a group of 10. Is it possible and if so how would one go about finding a large van or small bus to get out group to Quebec City from Montreal?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

booking a Hotel room with shared bathroom

Quebec Jun 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Can anyone tell me regarding hotel rooms with shared bathroom option? actually what they mean by shared bathroom?? i am confuse. plz help. Thank You in advance

6 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

what to pack,where to visit & must know things for a traveller

Quebec Jun 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM

me and my wife coming to quebec city for 6days on 25June to 01July. My wife has an conference to attend at City Convention Centre. I need some advice on what to pack(clothes) , where to visit & also must know things for better travel experience. Thank U in advance.

5 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Day trips from montreal

Montreal Jun 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Just left Quebec. City. Going to Montreal , we love those small villages with shops and resturants.... We have car, I heard the laurentions are beautiful ....all help is needed.....thanks

6 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 12:35 AM
    • Tipping in Quebec City

Province of Quebec Jun 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Is it customary to tip wait staff in restaurants 18 to 20% as in the US? Also, how much for taxi drivers, etc.? Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    • Quebec city yoga

Quebec May 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Hi all,

I'm new, and I think I posted this question in the wrong place, so I'm trying again. My husband and I will be visiting Quebec City next month (July) and I would love to take an english speaking yoga class. I haven't had much finding one online. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Restaurant recomendations for Quebec City pls....

Quebec May 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM

My wife and I will in the city end of June 2015, staying in the old section. Would appreciate some recs for a formal evening, casual bistro, and local pub.....does not have to be in the old area, but we will not have a car. We are in our late 40s and live in downtown Chicago.
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal for 4 days

Montreal May 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Coming from Florida , never been in Canada ..were staying 5 days in Quebec City ,then driving to Montreal. Question were the best area to stay...I,m looking on vrbo for 1 bedroom condos/ apartment.....but don't know area....can you help....OH WERE IN OUR 50s, so the party seen is not our thing. (. Bars/ clubs....thanks for your help....martin

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    • 24 Hour Bus Pass

Montreal May 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am trying to understand the STM website re the day pass or 24 hour pass (are they the same thing?). If I land at the airport and get a pass for $10 does that include my shuttle downtown plus the Metro for the day? Do I need to have an Opus card for this? I saw a reference to paying exact cash using coins only? Can anyone pull this together for me? Merci.

7 Answers May 9, 2015 at 8:19 AM
    • JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Views in Montreal

Montreal May 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Hello,

Are there any buildings in Montreal which I can have access to its top floor to view Montreal? Ville Marie will only be ready in June.

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    • mayt's Profile Photo

botanical garden Montreal

Montreal May 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Is May 10th a good day to visit the botanical garden? what are the major attractions at the botanical garden?

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    • Catholic church

Tadoussac Apr 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Is there a Catholic church in Tadoussac? I can't seem to find any information on churches except for the chapel. Please let me know as I'd like to get married there. Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 1:35 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal,Quebec

Montreal Apr 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM

ALSO ANY COOL DAY TRIPS FROM MONTREAL......

3 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 8:21 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Going to Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Apr 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM

We're staying 7 days in Quebec. And then going to Montreal for 5 days.. Never been to Canada ..so my question. Is stay in OLD TOWN OR DOWNTOWN.... tips or what to do and see.....we,lol be staying with VRBO just not sure which area. HELP OUT...

2 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Quebec day trips

Quebec Apr 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Coming to Quebec 7 days ...mid May. ..will have car ...need. Some good places to visit...we loved europe, and I think this area is somewhat like it....wife loves those small towns to browse around....

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM
    • silab's Profile Photo

easter in quebec

Quebec Apr 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Hello
      in easter sunday and monday will everything be closed or is it nice for a couple of days visit?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 1:56 AM
    • Quebec City Tours

Quebec Mar 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM

We will only be in Quebec City two days - what is best way to see the water falls? Any suggestions on what to see will be appreciated!

7 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    • Transportation in Old Town

Quebec Mar 15, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Is it possible to use a taxi or the horse carriages to tour old town? We have difficulty walking long distances. The Murals sound very interesting. What would be the best transportation for us?

9 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • Gros Morne

Gros-Morne Feb 21, 2015 at 10:12 AM

We will be in Corner Brook, Newfoundland as a cruise port stop in July. Is it possible to get to Gros Morne National Park and back in 10 hours? Is there an option by boat? Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 7:53 PM