Province of Quebec

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• arriving from montreal

Mont-Tremblant Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

How would I get to Les Rythmes Tremblant outdoor (free) festival from montreal with public transportation? I would be spending no more than a night essentially.

more
    • Getting to Tadoussac

Tadoussac Jul 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hi, I am wondering if there is a train or bus to get from Quebec City to Tadoussac for some Whale Watching this summer?

Thanks!

more
    • Good safe clubs and bars

Montreal Jun 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hello my friends and i are planning a trip to montreal. im looking for a good hotel to stay at in the area of good clubs and bars. thanks :)
      Jenna

more
    • Comfortable amount of time

Gaspé Jul 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM

My husband I are planning to drive around the Gaspe Peninsula, and I am wondering what a comfortable amount of time would be. We have never been before and don't want to miss out on the major attractions, and of course the relaxation. We do not want to rush, but I am looking at about a week. Is that enough time to do it justice? We are planning to go early September.
      Many thanks for your thoughts.

more
    • pspaulding@austin.rr.com

Magog Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I will be coming to Magog, Quebec, Canada from Texas and want to setup an informal picnic with some of my relatives who live in the Magog area at the beginning of August. Knowing that it rains often, I probably need to plan to have some covered area nearby in case it does rain.
      Do you have any suggestions as to where I could do this?
      It does not need to be in Magog proper but at least in the general surrounding area.

more
    • Monday night

Quebec Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Is there a bar with music or dancing open on Monday nights, We are going to be there July 21 and are looking for something to do in the evening

more
    • airport transportation

Montreal Jul 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

how can I get from Montreal airport to the Clarendon Hotel in Quebec?

more
    • Kids in tadoussac

Tadoussac Jul 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

We are hoping to visit Quebec City and tadoussac. There is lots for us to see but not so sure what there is for them? And the most accessible way to see whales? Also where is good to stay for families?
      The kids are 4, 2 and 7 months.

more
    • Maple Syrup to take home?

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Pardon the silly question, but you folks are wonderful. Heading back to the NYC area via Vermont. Any recommendations on where to buy some maple syrup for the family? I know to avoid Vieux-Québec, but figure you folks have some trustworthy recommendations?

Merci, in advance

more
    • A 2 hr. tour? Food tour? or just explore on our own

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

A mature couple getting excited about our upcoming visit to Quebec city for 2 1/2 days. Do you recommend an organized 2 hour tour, the available food tour or shall we just make our list and explore.

Merci, in advance

more
    • arriving from montreal

Mont-Tremblant Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

How would I get to Les Rythmes Tremblant outdoor (free) festival from montreal with public transportation? I would be spending no more than a night essentially.

• Getting to Tadoussac

Tadoussac Jul 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hi, I am wondering if there is a train or bus to get from Quebec City to Tadoussac for some Whale Watching this summer?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • Monday night

Quebec Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Is there a bar with music or dancing open on Monday nights, We are going to be there July 21 and are looking for something to do in the evening

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • Maple Syrup to take home?

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Pardon the silly question, but you folks are wonderful. Heading back to the NYC area via Vermont. Any recommendations on where to buy some maple syrup for the family? I know to avoid Vieux-Québec, but figure you folks have some trustworthy recommendations?

Merci, in advance

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • A 2 hr. tour? Food tour? or just explore on our own

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

A mature couple getting excited about our upcoming visit to Quebec city for 2 1/2 days. Do you recommend an organized 2 hour tour, the available food tour or shall we just make our list and explore.

Merci, in advance

6 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    • Comfortable amount of time

Gaspé Jul 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM

My husband I are planning to drive around the Gaspe Peninsula, and I am wondering what a comfortable amount of time would be. We have never been before and don't want to miss out on the major attractions, and of course the relaxation. We do not want to rush, but I am looking at about a week. Is that enough time to do it justice? We are planning to go early September.
      Many thanks for your thoughts.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • airport transportation

Montreal Jul 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

how can I get from Montreal airport to the Clarendon Hotel in Quebec?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    • Kids in tadoussac

Tadoussac Jul 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

We are hoping to visit Quebec City and tadoussac. There is lots for us to see but not so sure what there is for them? And the most accessible way to see whales? Also where is good to stay for families?
      The kids are 4, 2 and 7 months.

4 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • Good safe clubs and bars

Montreal Jun 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hello my friends and i are planning a trip to montreal. im looking for a good hotel to stay at in the area of good clubs and bars. thanks :)
      Jenna

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • pspaulding@austin.rr.com

Magog Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I will be coming to Magog, Quebec, Canada from Texas and want to setup an informal picnic with some of my relatives who live in the Magog area at the beginning of August. Knowing that it rains often, I probably need to plan to have some covered area nearby in case it does rain.
      Do you have any suggestions as to where I could do this?
      It does not need to be in Magog proper but at least in the general surrounding area.

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • hotel fireworks

Montreal Jun 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM

hotel close to the clock tower beach and is the beach ok to watch fireworks or should we do bridge.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    • Sunday in Gaspe

Gaspé Jun 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We will be in Gaspe on a Sunday stop from a cruise ship. They offer no tours. Is anything open on a Sunday. If so what and where.

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Porter Airlines

Montreal Jun 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Getting ready to start booking for October trip which will start in Montreal and end up at the VT meeting down in Washington D.C. First question for this trip for VTers is on Porter Airlines.

They have some great deals from Chicago to Montreal via Toronto. Has anybody flown them? Looks like you pay a little extra for some things like bags and seat selection, but that's not unusual.

8 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • scpinmd's Profile Photo

Communication in Montreal and question about touring the city

Montreal Jun 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I have tried to learn French with no success. Will it be hard to get around in Montreal because I will be an American who cannot speak French?
      Will this impact my ability to use the metro?
      Any suggestions about what to see first? I will probably stay downtown and want to go to Old Montreal and enjoy that part.
      Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

8 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • Street Bike Rental for Long Distance Ride

Quebec Jun 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I ride a carbon fiber bike on the streets of Southern California and will be spending three months in Quebec City at a language school. Can anyone recommend a bike rental shop where I can install my personal pedals and saddle on a similar bike? I had family from Beauport and Beaupré, and would like to visit by bike!

7 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • Buy a Bike

Quebec Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Where in Quebec City can one buy a very inexpensive bicycle? I'm planning a 3 month language school visit and want to have faster transport than walking to get to the food store and gym!

6 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

Sites to visits in nature from Montreal

Montreal Jun 1, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Hi.
      Can anyone please help suggest a nice place about an hour from Montreal max, for a family with 3 kids (including a baby).
      Looking for some place close to nature, maybe Mt St Sauveur or somewhere similar

Appreciate any help on this

Thanks

6 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • hotel chablis cadillac

Montreal May 31, 2014 at 2:39 AM

is le chablis cadillac really bad

5 Answers May 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • Fete Nationale des Quebecois

Quebec May 29, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Where specifically do I go to enjoy the upcoming St. John the Baptist festival in Quebec City? Is there a calendar of events? I'll be in Quebec from June 21 to June 28 and don't want to miss it!

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    • train Quebec to Montreal with checked baggage

Montreal May 26, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Train from Quebec to Montreal that allows checked baggage. As tourists we have more than carry on and as yet unable to find a train which allows luggage. Help please

2 Answers May 26, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • First place to go

Montreal May 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM

When you go to Montréal where is the first place you go? Also where do you stay away from and why?

1 Answer May 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • national holiday, June 24

Quebec May 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Are tourists and Anglophones welcome (i.e. is it safe?) during this national celebration and what is there to do/see on this day and on June 23, St Jean Baptiste day, in Quebec City?

Thank you for your time!

4 Answers May 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • oka day trip?

Oka May 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM

hi! i live in montreal and i've never been to the oka region.
      is it worth a day trip?
      my boyfriend and i are looking for somewhere to go for the day and enjoy the scenery and some good food.
      thank youu

5 Answers May 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • Hotel with parking in Old Quebec

Quebec May 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM

You have been helpful in suggesting places in Quebec City (Manoir d'auteul and others), but while I do not require valet parking, I would like to be certain that the local parking lots/garages will have spots available when i come visit. For clarification, as a New Yorker on vacation, I do not want to come back to my room and find that there are no avaialble parking spots. Don't mind reasonable costs for the privilege (once had to pay $75 for a few hours to attend a wedding at a NYC hotel!), but prefer not to worry about parking so I may enjoy the visit. Looking for a quaint place for a couple of young seniors in July. Merci, in advanced!

6 Answers May 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • Ingeborga's Profile Photo

Hotel or B&B close to McGill University

Montreal May 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Folks, I will be traveling for a conference @McGill U and looking for a quiet hotel for a few nights. Any recommendations? Btw, I did look into the McGill New Residence Hall Hotel and the reviews are pretty bad.

1 Answer May 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Upper or Lower town hotels for seniors with car?

Quebec May 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel (~$200/night) in Quebec City for three nights in July.. Two active seniors arriving by car (need parking) interesting in touring and food, but no late night bar hopping. Assume Upper Town is preferable eh?

Merci d"avance!

3 Answers May 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Is there a good place for a stop Over Lake George, NY to Quebec City??

Montreal May 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Folks, Leaving Lake George, NY late in the day (5:00PM) on a summer Sunday driving towards Quebec City. Looking for a place to stay the night, have a good dinner a few hours (2-3) away. Outskirts of Montreal, perhaps or other recommendations. If the border crossing is time consuming, then a bit closer, I assume. Thanks.

5 Answers May 5, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • Good places to work remotely for a month or two?

Montreal Apr 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I'm a web developer, still young (mid-thirties), single, and in really good physical condition. I'm looking for a cheap exotic, comfortable and safe-enough place to work remotely for a month or two. The only thing I need to work is my computer and a reliable fast internet connection. I want to keep my apartment in Montreal, so I need this trip to be as cheap as possible. It could be anywhere in the world, any suggestion for remote workers like me who want to add some interesting experiences in his life? (I love ecotourism, food-tasting, to meet different cultures, cities full of life, nature, hiking, surfing, sun, jungle, mountains, snow, climbing, etc. So the suggestions could cover a lot different ideas.) I already did Peru, Costa Rica, Panama and Dominican Republic, so I'd like somewhere else. Thanks a lot fellow travellers! :)

7 Answers May 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Azzeret's Profile Photo

wine/horse farm

Province of Quebec Apr 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hallo,

I am planning holiday for my family. I would love to see some winery place with tasting wine or horse farm with possibility to ride a horses and get to know a bit more about both topics. The best would be to do it together at one place or close to each other.

My question is do you know about some nice farm winery with hotel in?

Thank you very much for any answer or good tips.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Old city Quebec city

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Going for 10 days either June or September when is better. Going to rent from vrbo.. Is car needed...best things to do and see..... Looking for some help.... We are experienced travelers....love to go to out towns and places.

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 5:40 AM