change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Papim2's Profile Photo

Never been

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Going for 10 days, either June. Or September ...all feed back as usual always helpful

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Old city Quebec city

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Going for 10 days either June or September when is better. Going to rent from vrbo.. Is car needed...best things to do and see..... Looking for some help.... We are experienced travelers....love to go to out towns and places.

more
    • Parking options

Quebec Mar 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

I've booked a hotel on Grande-Allee Est and although the website said there was parking, I later found that some people said it was limited and their cars got boxed in. It costs $13.25 per day. Can anyone suggest a better place to park near the Avenue de Salaberry? Thanks very much. Cathy

more
    • Club Soda in safe area? (St Laurent/St Catherine St area)

Montreal Mar 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a concert at Club Soda when I visit Montreal in the fall, is this venue in a safe area to be walking at night? It's near Saint-Laurent Boul & St Catherine Street, I heard this area mentioned as a bit of a red-light district in some of the warnings. I'm planning on staying about a 10-15 minutes walk from the club, is there any direction from this club that is better/worse to be walking through late at night?

Thanks, G

more
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle

Quebec Mar 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Is there a shuttle I can take from the Montreal airport to St Jean sur Richelieu . If not does anyone know the cost of a cab?
      Thanks for your help.

more
    • ephan's Profile Photo

French language schools in Quebec city

Quebec Mar 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Can anyone recommend a great immersion school within the city, please?

more
    • JayDardes's Profile Photo

Best area to stay in Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Mar 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Montreal this summer. We're primarily interested in the scenery, maybe some shopping, little restaurants. We're in our 60s and would like to avoid excessive walking. Where would be the best place to find a hotel, downtown or in the old town? Also, is the subway difficult to use (we don't speak French). Thanks.

more

Popular Province of Quebec Travel Answer Locations

• Papim2's Profile Photo

Old city Quebec city

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Going for 10 days either June or September when is better. Going to rent from vrbo.. Is car needed...best things to do and see..... Looking for some help.... We are experienced travelers....love to go to out towns and places.

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Never been

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Going for 10 days, either June. Or September ...all feed back as usual always helpful

• Parking options

Quebec Mar 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

I've booked a hotel on Grande-Allee Est and although the website said there was parking, I later found that some people said it was limited and their cars got boxed in. It costs $13.25 per day. Can anyone suggest a better place to park near the Avenue de Salaberry? Thanks very much. Cathy

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    • Club Soda in safe area? (St Laurent/St Catherine St area)

Montreal Mar 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a concert at Club Soda when I visit Montreal in the fall, is this venue in a safe area to be walking at night? It's near Saint-Laurent Boul & St Catherine Street, I heard this area mentioned as a bit of a red-light district in some of the warnings. I'm planning on staying about a 10-15 minutes walk from the club, is there any direction from this club that is better/worse to be walking through late at night?

Thanks, G

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle

Quebec Mar 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Is there a shuttle I can take from the Montreal airport to St Jean sur Richelieu . If not does anyone know the cost of a cab?
      Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    • JayDardes's Profile Photo

Best area to stay in Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Mar 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Montreal this summer. We're primarily interested in the scenery, maybe some shopping, little restaurants. We're in our 60s and would like to avoid excessive walking. Where would be the best place to find a hotel, downtown or in the old town? Also, is the subway difficult to use (we don't speak French). Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    • ephan's Profile Photo

French language schools in Quebec city

Quebec Mar 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Can anyone recommend a great immersion school within the city, please?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • traveling from nyc to quebec city in july

Quebec Mar 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we want to drive from nyc to quebec this summer. what is good place to stop half way and is it possible to get to nova scotia also if so how do we get there?

8 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • 4 days outside the city of Quebec

Quebec Feb 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM

We are arriving on Friday July 5 on a Holland America cruise ship. The ship will be docked on Friday so we can see some sights in the city that day. My company has 4 days planned in the city, staying at the Chat. Front. from Wednesday night until Sunday. The question is what to do - where to go from Saturday until Wednesday? We were thinking of renting a car and getting out of town perhaps to see some interesting towns and scenery. We like to take some hikes 5-7 miles during the day. We were thinking of staying at a bead and breakfast.
      Your thoughts?

4 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    • Cruise Port in Quebec City

Quebec Jan 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Where is the Cruise port in relation to the Bus Station

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • mayt's Profile Photo

Safe route to Quebec City

Quebec Jan 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

We will be driving a car from Montreal to Quebec city this mid February 2014. What is the best and safest route Auto route 25 or Auto route 40E?

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    • vvanawhitee's Profile Photo

Ideas for Quebec City?

Quebec Jan 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I am planning a trip to Quebec City for the Easter long weekend. Any ideas on what walking tours would be good? Where to stay? Any other tips would be welcomed =)

Thanks!!!!

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • road signs

Quebec Dec 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

illustration of all Quebec road signs

8 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • Customs of Quebec

Quebec Dec 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM

What are the customs and Traditions of Quebec?

8 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • street parking

Montreal Dec 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

At December, do we still have to respect the parking laws along the street which face my home?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    • How is the night life in the old city?

Quebec Dec 1, 2013 at 5:10 AM

How is the night life in the old city? And what time do people start heading out. I'm looking for a mixed crowd of all ages.

3 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Curiosity Shop? Macabre, Bizarre

Montreal Nov 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I'm looking for a curiosity shop in Montreal. A place that might have skulls, pinned insects, strange old medical equipment, bizarre objects, weird sculptures, old books, artifacts etc. I have an uncle who's a collector from Hong Kong, he is dying to see Montreal's dark side. If you have any shop names or addresses please let me know!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • Montmorency Falls and St Anne de Beaupre.

Quebec Oct 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have a fear of heights and am planning to take a bus tour to the Falls and Basilica. Other than the obvious of not walking the bridge over the falls, are there any other points in the route where I might have a problem with the heights; e.g., driving on the side of mountains with sweeping views of the valley below or vistas from Manoir Montmorency, etc.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • Tadoussac -Baie Sainte Catherine Ferry

Tadoussac Sep 16, 2013 at 3:11 AM

What time is the last ferry crossing in the evening in October?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • WHERE CAN WE FIND ACCOMMODATIONS FOR TWO NIGHTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF NOTRE DAME

Montreal Sep 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We are looking for accommodations for a two or three night stay in Montreal where we can leave our car and walk throughout the area of Old

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM
    • Walking around outside in December

Montreal Sep 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Montreal in December - we are from Australia so have NO idea of how the cold will feel - and we were wondering if we would be able to walk around outside for long periods of time. We have gone online and bought coats and snow boots, however, we are still concerned about walking outside as a main way of sightseeing. Should we make alternate plans, subway, taxi and such?

10 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • How important as a tourist destination?

Chicoutimi Sep 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM

We're interested in visiting Montreal and Quebec City. Would Chicoutimi have much to offer, or would we be disappointed?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Cote-des-Neiges area

Montreal Sep 6, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi,

I'm coming to Montreal for a year to work (I'll be based at UdeM). I was thinking of getting an apartment in the Cote-des-neiges district (close to the university). I've heard mixed things about this area.

How nice/safe is the area around Avenue Lennox and what about the area around the Cote-des-Neiges metro station?

Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • adapter needed?

Montreal Sep 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

travellng from us to montreal....will i need an electrical adapter for my digital cam and phone recharger and hairdryer?

6 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    • montreal metro

Quebec Aug 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

when you buy a 3 day metro card. it becomes active the first time you use it? or does it become active during the time you buy it?

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

Where do people from Quebec go more often on vacation: Maine or Vermont?

Province of Quebec Aug 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I noticed that there is no direct highway from Quebec to Maine, and was wondering if that influences where people from Quebec spend their vacations? Do you ever go to Maine? Or do you go to Vermont instead, since it seems like it is easier to get there? Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    • island restaurant reached by horse drawn carriage

Quebec Aug 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM

About 20 years ago, with my family I visited a lovely country restaurant I believe on an island outside or near Quebec city. After we parked, to reach the well preserved building, we were driven in by horse and carriage. As I recall the food was, at that time, considered haute cuisine - very fine Quebecois regional food. All in all the memory is preserved as it having been a very special place and experience. Is there a place like this still in existence?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • How to get to my hotel from Montreal Airport (YUL)

Quebec Aug 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM

My hotel is La Tour Belvedere located at 2175 Maisonneuve Blvd W Montreal, QC
      what are my options to get there from the airport besides taxi?

I see there are 2 options -
      Take the 747 bus to Berri-Uqam Station. then use the metro - does the 24 hour $9 metro ticket cover both the bus & metro? is the bus express from the airport to Berri-Uqam Station?

Take the airport shuttle bus (L'AEROBUS MOTOR BUS EXPRESS )to Berri-Uqam Station. There is supposed to be a free mini-van at Berri-Uqam Station to 30 hotels. Where can i get the list of hotels the mini-van goes to?

Which is the recommended option? The one most people use?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    • getting to hotel in Queubec City

Quebec Aug 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am taking VIA Rail from montreal to Queubec city.
      I know there are 2 stops in Queubec City. Is it the 1st or 2nd stop to go Gare du Palais?

Also, my hotel is Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville -
      330, de la Couronne street

Is it walkable from Gare Du Palais?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • Train/Bus from Montreal to Boston?

Montreal Aug 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Is there train (or bus) service from Montreal to Boston? Website?

5 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM