Province of Quebec

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where is this place?

Montreal Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi everyone.. does anyone recognize the location of this small lake (1st photo) ? or the location of this camping site (2nd & 3rd) ? both should be near montreal..

more
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Hiking Suggestions in Quebec Area for mid-May

Quebec Jan 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning to go to Quebec City to see a concert in mid-May and would like to get in some hiking around the city. In the autumn of 2013, I hiked L'Acropole des Draveurs (breathtaking!) in Haute-Gorge and also Jacques-Cartier National Park to the north of the city.

I was wondering if there are other suggestions as well to check out (particularly if it's got a splendid or scenic views like L'Acropole).

Thanks, Joe

more
    • coming from ontario

Montreal Jan 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Is it best to take the train and use a cab to get around for the weekend? Are cabs expensive? Thanks!

more
    • Vince1974's Profile Photo

Any wineries that also do food and accommodation?

Montreal Yesterday

We'll be staying in Montreal for 3 weeks in the summer and would like to visit a nice vineyard. It seems like most of them will serve you a few little taster glasses and try to sell you a few bottles of wine. Are there any that have more of a restaurant/hotel set up where you could actually stay the night?

Anywhere within say a 2 or 3 hour driving distance from Montreal would be suitable to us.

more
    • where is this place?

Quebec Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi .. does anyone recognize this place in Quebec? should be a museum or sth..

more

Popular Province of Quebec Travel Answer Locations

• Vince1974's Profile Photo

Any wineries that also do food and accommodation?

Montreal Yesterday

We'll be staying in Montreal for 3 weeks in the summer and would like to visit a nice vineyard. It seems like most of them will serve you a few little taster glasses and try to sell you a few bottles of wine. Are there any that have more of a restaurant/hotel set up where you could actually stay the night?

Anywhere within say a 2 or 3 hour driving distance from Montreal would be suitable to us.

4 Answers Yesterday
    • coming from ontario

Montreal Jan 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Is it best to take the train and use a cab to get around for the weekend? Are cabs expensive? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 1:48 AM
    • where is this place?

Montreal Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi everyone.. does anyone recognize the location of this small lake (1st photo) ? or the location of this camping site (2nd & 3rd) ? both should be near montreal..

• where is this place?

Quebec Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi .. does anyone recognize this place in Quebec? should be a museum or sth..

5 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Hiking Suggestions in Quebec Area for mid-May

Quebec Jan 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning to go to Quebec City to see a concert in mid-May and would like to get in some hiking around the city. In the autumn of 2013, I hiked L'Acropole des Draveurs (breathtaking!) in Haute-Gorge and also Jacques-Cartier National Park to the north of the city.

I was wondering if there are other suggestions as well to check out (particularly if it's got a splendid or scenic views like L'Acropole).

Thanks, Joe

1 Answer Jan 12, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • Quebec City in late December

Quebec Dec 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

4 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

4 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

10 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • jgoncalo's Profile Photo

Booking a hotel room as a minor

Montreal Nov 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hello!

I'm going to Montreal in December and I'll spend both Christmas and New Year there. Me and my girlfriend planned, with our parents consent, that we would spend the New Year out in the city and then we would sleep in a hotel that night, from December 31 to January 1.

I'm Portuguese and she's French, but she's a Canadian permanent resident. I'll be 16 and she'll be 17 by that time.

This are the hotels we were thinking about:

- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth

- Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile

- InterContinental Montreal

- Hotel Le Crystal Montreal

- W Montreal

The question is, since we are both minors will we be able to book a room? Should her parents call the hotel before the reservation? I've seen people saying that our parents can book it and be there while we do the check-in and check-out and that we'll have no problems since they won't know that they won't be staying there with us.

I'm from Porto, Portugal that means my parents won't be there, so her parents are responsible for me (I have a letter recognized by the notary stating that) will that be enough for her mother to write a permission to let us stay in the hotel if required?

Thanks!

17 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    • Christmas for young couple

Quebec Oct 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I have been told Quebec city is magical for Christmas and my boyfriend and I (early 20's) are looking for a place to spend a white Christmas (southern hemisphere people) just wondering though if it is more of a family destination and if anyone had any other suggestions of places to stay around the area for Christmas?

1 Answer Oct 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • crabbypinchy's Profile Photo

Christmas in Quebec City?

Quebec Sep 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM

My brother wants to go to Quebec city for Christmas, a few days before an after. Is this a good time of year to go? If so, what is worthwhile seeing since we are only going 3-4 days? And we like good/great food :). What festivals/events do you recommend?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    • Great photography spots.

Mont-Tremblant Sep 17, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Can someone tell me a few good spots to take some photos of landscapes besides the regular spots in town and on the mountain top. Our group has been there before and I was hoping that you may know of a place that doesn't have a lot of tourists around. The will be about 7 of us in the group. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
      Bev Lafortune

• ireneqmann's Profile Photo

Quebec City Info

Quebec Sep 2, 2014 at 6:12 AM

I am going to be in Quebec City for 3 days beginning 10/1. Arriving by cruise. Need to know how to get to the city from cruise terminal and what to do and see there.

9 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • Niki0972's Profile Photo

gaspé without a car

Gaspé Aug 30, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I will be arriving on a cruise ship on October 1st. I would like to explore on my own but I don't know whether this is possible without renting a car. Sightseeing, hiking, sea kayaking, ... All advise is welcome! Can I go to Forillon National Park without a car (by bus or boat?)

2 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    • What a visitor with limited time must see

Quebec Aug 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

the number one must see attraction

4 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    • travel to Quebec city

Quebec Aug 10, 2014 at 4:07 PM

We are planning our vacation to Quebec with our 2 young kids. But I am worried that It'll be tough to get around as we don't speak French.

5 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • travelling alone to baie st. paul

Baie-Saint-Paul Aug 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM

from quebec city to baie st. paul what is the best way to get there

• Parking at Quebec City

Quebec Aug 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I will be in Quebec city for few days next week. How is the parking situation at Quebec city? The hotel I stay charges $25 a day. Are there any cheaper places to park for few days?.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • active family

Quebec Aug 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are headed to Quebec for a family vacation next week. I have researched several activities (zip lining, sea kayak, etc) for our family ages 44, 44, 21, 18 and 13. Wondering what your advice would be for that "don't miss" thing to do in August.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • immigration at the crossing boarder

Montreal Jul 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

what is immigration procedure which is taken place at crossing border/

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • Joliette questions

Joliette Jul 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Hi, we are staying at a cottage for a week starting this Saturday near Joliette. Can you recommend some reasonable restaurants and things to do (2 kids aged 14 yrs). Also any good nature activities? Thank you very much, Merci! Monica

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Area to Stay

Montreal Jul 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM

The plane tickets are bought, the itinerary is set, and the days off have been approved. Now onto the next stage of planning. 4 days in Montreal from Tuesday through Saturday in October. Now looking at places to stay. Requirements are easy enough to access from airport (any suggestions welcome), probably close enough to main train station, as we will leave Montreal by train headed into New York. Price range probably around the $125 to $160 per night range.

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Safety - Parking

Drummondville Jul 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I am planning to drive my car from US and park the car at the train station in Drummondville and catch a train to Quebec city for few days. Is it safe to park the car at the train station for few day?

9 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • arriving from montreal

Mont-Tremblant Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM

How would I get to Les Rythmes Tremblant outdoor (free) festival from montreal with public transportation? I would be spending no more than a night essentially.

• Monday night

Quebec Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Is there a bar with music or dancing open on Monday nights, We are going to be there July 21 and are looking for something to do in the evening

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • Maple Syrup to take home?

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Pardon the silly question, but you folks are wonderful. Heading back to the NYC area via Vermont. Any recommendations on where to buy some maple syrup for the family? I know to avoid Vieux-Québec, but figure you folks have some trustworthy recommendations?

Merci, in advance

6 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • A 2 hr. tour? Food tour? or just explore on our own

Quebec Jul 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

A mature couple getting excited about our upcoming visit to Quebec city for 2 1/2 days. Do you recommend an organized 2 hour tour, the available food tour or shall we just make our list and explore.

Merci, in advance

6 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    • Comfortable amount of time

Gaspé Jul 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM

My husband I are planning to drive around the Gaspe Peninsula, and I am wondering what a comfortable amount of time would be. We have never been before and don't want to miss out on the major attractions, and of course the relaxation. We do not want to rush, but I am looking at about a week. Is that enough time to do it justice? We are planning to go early September.
      Many thanks for your thoughts.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • airport transportation

Montreal Jul 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

how can I get from Montreal airport to the Clarendon Hotel in Quebec?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    • Kids in tadoussac

Tadoussac Jul 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

We are hoping to visit Quebec City and tadoussac. There is lots for us to see but not so sure what there is for them? And the most accessible way to see whales? Also where is good to stay for families?
      The kids are 4, 2 and 7 months.

4 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM