change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sherese7's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Puerto Princesa

Palawan Dec 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Hey all, we are backpackers traveling to Palawan in late Jan. We land in the eve and are looking for a good place for 2 nights. Preferably a place with pool. We will spend up to $50ish per nite because we want comfort after a 27hr flight. (after that we will be back to backpacker budget) It would be ideal to find something in walking distance or bicycle to restaurants, beaches,etc.
      Can anyone help out with recommendations.
      Thanks SO much :)

more
    • sherese7's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Puerto Princesa

Palawan Dec 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Hey all, we are backpackers traveling to Palawan in late Jan. We land in the eve and are looking for a good place for 2 nights. Preferably a place with pool. We will spend up to $50ish per nite because we want comfort after a 27hr flight. (after that we will be back to backpacker budget) It would be ideal to find something in walking distance or bicycle to restaurants, beaches,etc.
      Can anyone help out with recommendations.
      Thanks SO much :)

2 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Where and what to do in palawan

Palawan Nov 9, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I'm looking to travel to palawan for around 8 days I've heard about El Nido and plan to go there for a couple of days, but where else is good to stay I don't want to go any further north than El Nido, Is Puerto princesa worth staying in, or can anyone recommend somewhere near Puerto Princesa? Many thanks

3 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

El Nido / Palawan to Bohol

El Nido Nov 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Does anyone know if there is a direct flight from Palawan to Bohol? Thanks

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • anyone has been inPalawan?

Palawan Nov 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Hi, we are a couple arriving in Manila in December for a 7 days of vacation. We would like to go to Palawan but I read that the best of the island is el nido which is far away from puerto princesa. Is There a flight from Manila to el nido? Does the island offer good attractions (excursions,good beaches, ecc) also in the rest of the island? How can we move on the island? As alternative we are thinking to go to Coron with a flight. What do you suggest to us? Please HELP us? We are very busy!!!

5 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • How safe is it to explore northern Palawan on a motorcycle?

Province of Palawan Nov 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hi, everyone! I plan to visit Palawan soon and would like to rent a motorcycle in Puerto Princesa. I thought of going toward El Nido and exploring all the beaches along the way as well any other things that catch my attention. I understand that there are unpaved roads that go trough jungle. How safe is it to travel there alone? Someone advised me against this because it is too dangerous. That if I really wanted to do it, I should have a group of well equipped and armed people and a trusted guide. How much of this reflects reality?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • Where to stay in El Nido?

Palawan Oct 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Where is a good place to stay in El Nido? We have a budget of under $200 per night. We don't want anything too remote but close to the city and good restaurants? The hotel should be decent as well. Any suggestions? We looked into trip advisor but hard to say which is a good stay. Please help! Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • Tours in Palawan?

Palawan Sep 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM

My husband and I are booked to go to the Philippines in April. We are planning to stay in El Nido or Puerto Princesa? Which one would you guys recommend? We plan to stay there for approximately 4 nights before heading to Boracay.
      Are there tour groups there that do last minute trips? Or should we prebook? Also, if we decide not to join a tour until we get there... how easy is it to get a cab to our hotel?

10 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • Traveling Palawan

Palawan Aug 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Hi all! I wish to visit Palawan in October and wondering if someone can give me tips on how I will be able to visit three places - Puerto Princesa, El Nido and Coron. I will be coming from Manila, will be doing a lot of diving and plan to be in Palawan for maybe 7 days. I wish to know the way around, how to jump from Coron-El Nido-Puerto Princesa. I was thinking of flying to Coron from Manila and go my way down to PP. Any advice on transportation will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Travel within Palawan

Palawan Aug 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM

How difficult is it to travel within Palawan? I will be staying on Busuanga to dive for a few days but would like to see other parts of the Island. Could I visit Puerto Princesa in 1 day from Busuanga or would more time be required?

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • how badly damaged is the northern part of palawan and Bohol

Palawan Aug 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hello,
      I am planning a month vacation (february 2015) in the Philippines (first time there) with my girlfriend. However I am much in doubt about how badlky damaged the northern part of Palawan and Bohol are after the typhoon last year in 2013. Could anyone advise me if these areas should be avoided - or other areas that might be severely damaged after the typhoon ?

Thanks in advance!

BR
      Laust

3 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • Coron - Bottle of wine?

Province of Palawan Aug 19, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Hi, is there a grocery or a convenience store in Coron, Palawan where i can purchase a bottle of wine or alcohol? Appreciate the help! Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • Travelling with a 5 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl

Province of Palawan Jul 23, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi
      I was after some advice on travelling to Palawan with my family. We will be flying from Manila and are hoping to be there around mid Jan.

I've heard/read some great things on Port Barton but wondered how easy it was to get the with the two children. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

How many days is long/short enough?
      Places to visit suitable with children
      Which company to fly with?
      Etc

Many thanks,
      Anna

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM
    • weather in palawan right now

Palawan Jul 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM

hi guys, how's the weather in palawan right now? we've booked our tao expedition trip but received notice that it will be cancelled due to the really bad weather and higher chance of having a typhoon. we would still like to continue with the trip but we'll be making arrangements on our own instead. We will be heading to coron and el nido. thanks in advance for your kind input. =)

3 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • legio_victrix's Profile Photo

Taxi price in Busuanga

Province of Palawan Jul 17, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Hi! I need to get from the Coron airport to Busuanga Bay Lodge. The resort sent me an offer for 2500 pesos to the one way. Is it too expensive? What is the usually price by taxi?

6 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    • Palawan Prison

Province of Palawan Jul 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Hi guys ...
      Im male and traveling alone , and would like to know the best area to stay in Palawan. I like the bar scene and would like to visit the prison. I will only be in Palawan for 2 nights 3 days ..

Regards Tony

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    • t_cochin's Profile Photo

Best time to visit Palawan

Palawan Jul 7, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Hi, finally I have zeroed in on Philippines for my next vacation. Palawan & Mindanao are the top locations in mind. Can anyone suggest me some tips for the journey? Or is there anyone local who can help me out?

regards
      Ajith

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Traveling with a 2 yrs old

El Nido Jul 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Is it safe and can we enjoy the island hoping in EL Nido if we bring our 2 yr old daughter?

3 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • meltyan's Profile Photo

Paraw sailing

El Nido Jul 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Hi,
      I would like to join the Tao sailing expedition in El Nido first week of August. But i was advised it will be the typhoon season and the availability will depends on the weather. Weather advised there might be storm. But I really want to go for sailing safari (overnight island hopping type).. it's a silly question, but would you still go anyway?
      Thanks
      Melissa

3 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
    • Tao Expedition - People to join?

Palawan Jun 30, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Hi there...anyone interested on joining the Tao Expedition Open Group from December 10 to 14?...not sure yet in which way (El Nido - Coron or Coron - El Nido)...kinda like the second one better but really doesn't matter...either way works for me ;-)
      Hoping some of you are interested so we could make a group before arriving there and maybe even get a Private Expedition for the same price.
      Hasta luego!
      Pablo.

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • hotels & houses for rent

Brooke's Point Jun 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Greetings all: I have messed up with the info I received and need to post a few more questions. Ly me say first I am shutting off all my internet e mails and am just using scottdshute@gmail now and i can not use that one atthis sight for some reason. I am married to a young Philapina from Brooks point and will be going there on July 2 to find a house to rent hopefully by the ocean. I tried to contact Sunset hotel but no response. If you know of a decent place to stay (hotel please give me contacts as well as any intel on renting a place there. Thanks buckets of Aloha (yup I am from Hawaii)

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    • Look for Tour Guide

Coron Jun 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Coron. Cna anyone introduce a local tour guide during my stay in Coron? I be flying from Cebu and stay a couple of days. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • Pre booked tours?

Palawan Jun 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM

We are trying to organise a family holiday to Palawan and have been looking some of the pre booked tours. The plus side with the tours is everything is arranged, but then I am worried we might miss out on other sights and tours sticking to the schedule. Would it be better/cheaper to just try and base ourselves somewhere and then look at what tours/outings we can organise ourselves?

5 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • weather in El Nido

El Nido Jun 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Does everyone knows about the weather in El Nido, on Jun?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Is ferry between Kudat and Brooke's point safe at the end of August

Palawan Jun 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Hi, My husband and I are visiting Borneo and of August/beginning of September and are planning on taking the ferry from Kudat to Brooke's Point on Palawan. Do you think this will be safe due to the weather, as I understand this will be during rainy/monsoon season? Does anyone know if the ferry runs during the rainy season, or if they suspend it? Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    • scottdshute's Profile Photo

Brooks point internet & house to rent

Brooke's Point Jun 2, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Is there Internet available in Brooks Point and if so what kind of band width. Perhaps you could get back to me at Scott@FCBN.tv thanks
      I am considering moving there for the rest of my life. I am Canadian but lived my life in Hawaii 6 years and Europe so I am used to island life. Any idea of who to contact there to find a house for one person with a view of the ocean?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Bringing jetskis to northen palawan

Province of Palawan May 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM

So here is my idea... Go to northen palawan. Find a freighter or something that can transport 2 jetski to northen palawan (el nido area) and meet up with the skis there. Probably be based in some simple resort in el nido. Plan is to use the jetski a to explore the surrounding areas of interest.

Questions: assuming I can get my personal skis to el nido, would it be safe to "park" them on the beach of the resort where I'm staying and not worry about them?
      Questions: since they run on fuel and will eventually run dry, are there facilities in the area to get "clean" fuel?
      Questions: I've never been to the place but have seen and analyzed dozens of videos, is using jet skis to explore the place practical?, in terms of distances, should I have enough fuel on the skis to go island hoping without having to refill the tanks every 2 hrs or so? Planing on a leisurely pace not going full throttle ....

Thanks
      M

3 Answers May 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Weather by last week of june

Palawan May 11, 2014 at 5:16 AM

my bestfriend and i were planning to go to pps and el nido on the last week of june.. do you think the weather would be fine and it would not interrupt our island hopping?

3 Answers May 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    • travel companion

Palawan May 6, 2014 at 11:24 PM

i'm going to Philippines from Alberta Canada for 2 1/2mos from May13th, first time. I'd like to meet a pleasant lady to guide and spend time with. I'm a divorced guy and will look after costs, but don't want a drinker/smoker.

I've studied Cultural Anthropology and enjoy learning local customs. Scuba diving and island hopping...*fun.

I'd like to know the best way to find a cheerful companion.

9 Answers May 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Better beachfront stay with swimming spot

El Nido Apr 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I have gone through many accomodation in El Nido and sorted a few to finalize. As we are going there for a casual and relaxing holiday, sometimes we may not feel like to travel to other beaches but just the beach a few steps from our staying place. Anyone can advise me which of these has a better beach to do a casual swimming and sea view from terrace? Angel Nido, Stunning Vista or Greenviews Resort Corong-corong? Thanks~

4 Answers May 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    • travelling alone

Palawan Apr 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM

i'll be travelling alone in palawan on april 30th. anyone here who's going there too

5 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 3:18 AM