Province of Ontario

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

more
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

Toronto Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

more
    • Layover in Canada

Toronto Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

more
    • Muslim Woman visiting Canada

Windsor Mar 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi! I'm a young Muslim woman from Dubai, UAE coming to Canada with my brother for approximately 15-20 days on vacation in June. I've never been to Canada before so I'm really excited but apprehensive at the same time because I wear the Islamic face-veil. (Although I've heard Canadians are nice people and are more open to other cultures) Windsor is one of our stops. Do you think I'll have a problem with wearing the veil in Windsor? I understand people might be curious and stare but I don't want to face any harassment. I plan to wear coloured ones to try and blend in a little.

Thanks! :)

more
    • Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Apr 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • Layover in Canada

Toronto Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

11 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • Muslim Woman visiting Canada

Windsor Mar 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi! I'm a young Muslim woman from Dubai, UAE coming to Canada with my brother for approximately 15-20 days on vacation in June. I've never been to Canada before so I'm really excited but apprehensive at the same time because I wear the Islamic face-veil. (Although I've heard Canadians are nice people and are more open to other cultures) Windsor is one of our stops. Do you think I'll have a problem with wearing the veil in Windsor? I understand people might be curious and stare but I don't want to face any harassment. I plan to wear coloured ones to try and blend in a little.

Thanks! :)

42 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

Toronto Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • Mississauga

Mississauga Feb 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I need help. I just got a job at Bloor Street Toronto and i am planing to live in Mississauga. Where in Mississauga can i live ? I have 2 kids and would also like an area that is going to be easier to commute.

40 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • eversure's Profile Photo

overnight stay in Toronto

Toronto Feb 26, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hello, we will arrive Toronto at Pearson airport late at night. Then plan to see Niagara falls the following day before flying out of Pearson again at 11pm the same day. Would it be better to stay near the airport or near the downtown for our purpose? Thanks all.

Jen

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • shortest walk

Niagara Falls Feb 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I have a bad knee and can not walk for very long. Can you please tell me where to park for the shortest walk to board the maid of the mist?

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Where is the best place to get a pedicure in cobourg?

Cobourg Feb 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Where is the best place to get a pedicure in Cobourg?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2014 at 2:38 AM
    • seeking recommendation for a family camping with 3 preschool boys

Algonquin Provincial Park Jan 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM

We are considering car camping using tent with 5 and half, 2 and half and 8-month old this summer. We would like to stay at the same camp site but could consider moving camp site once in order to explore more area of the park. Anyone has recommendation for a camp ground(s) that would provide the best convenience for exploring the park? What is your favourite part of the park to visit, considering the age of our kids. Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • susannee1979's Profile Photo

Toronto affordable?

Toronto Jan 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hi everyone. I am thinking of taking my family on a vacation in October (planning in advance :) ), and I was considering Toronto. We like to go places we have never been, and we like to see a variety of things. We went to NYC last October. We aren't the sit on the beach for 5 days type of family. I have heard that Toronto can be pricey. Does anyone have input for me? I am considering airbnb.com to rent an apartment or home for a week. What areas would anyone recommend we stay or avoid? Any free or affordable things my family should see?
      Thanks!
      Susanne

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • Sadwings25's Profile Photo

Dinnertime at the 360.

Toronto Jan 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I'm planning a trip to the CN Tower, as well as dinner at the 360, reservations were for 5pm. Would I have time to explore the CN Tower after dinner (it closes at 10pm), or should I do all the exploring before dinner?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • Where to stay?

Point Pelee Dec 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Where do people stay when visiting the Point Pelee Park? Where is the nearest town with decent hotels?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    • Places to visit close to Ottawa

Ottawa Dec 29, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Hi guys,

I'm visiting Ottawa and was wondering if there are any nice places to visit close to Ottawa somewhere in nature. It would be nice to be by a lake at a cozy coffee place with nice views or something similar. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and happy holidays!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    • frygtloes's Profile Photo

One day layover with 4 year old

Toronto Dec 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hi good people. Flying from new york to copenhagen my daughter and i have a full day in toronto. From 5 am til 11 pm.
      My daugther will just have turned 4. She is well travled and pretty hardcore but i gues february is still cold and dark so any suggestions on what to do are welcome.
      I do consider going to niagara falls. I domt have drivres licens so rentinga car not an option.
      Thank ypu for your help

17 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • Paris-Toronto-Calgary

Toronto Dec 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I have 1 hour and 40 mins transit time in Toronto before my next flight AIRCANADA for my final destination. Is the time enough to catch the flight with hand luggae? given that i hv to clear
      IMMIGRATION and customs.

What if i have baggage luggage on carousel, will that surely make me LATE..?

12 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    • Good meeting place with toddlers?

Mississauga Nov 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

We're meeting another family over the holidays while we are both visiting in southern Ontario, and were hoping for something like a children's drop-in play space in Mississauga since it is about midway between our families. Can anyone recommend a place that can entertain our one-year-olds so the adults can visit? Thanks so much!

2 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    • Bus ticket

Mississauga Nov 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Where t buy a bus ticket for a day?

1 Answer Nov 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    • ChrisC139's Profile Photo

thinking of moving

Waubaushene Nov 18, 2013 at 5:12 AM

i am thinking of moving to waubaushene what stores do they have ,things to do and what is rent like

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Moving in New Year

Province of Ontario Nov 11, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Hi

I am due to move over to Toronto in the New Year based on getting the Working Holiday Visa i applied for.

I am a 23 year old male who works in the Oil and Gas industry working a shift pattern of 1 month working and 1 month home. I have a few questions on Toronto.

1. Where is the best nightlife in Toronto?

2. Is there many soccer leagues/teams in downtown Toronto?

3. How is the weather just after the New Year in Toronto?

4. Also looking at Downtown rental property, I am aware it is very expensive but is there a better part of downtown than others to live or is the whole place decent?

Any help on these would be much appreciated.

Thanks

8 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • Headed to Michigan for Thanksgiving and want to visit Canada for a day

Windsor Nov 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Looking for a round trip tour/excursion from Detroit to Windsor Thanksgiving week. Can't go over in our rental car due to some regulations in place but so want to visit Canada. We'll be travelling from Florida to visit family in Michigan for that entire week and would love to find a way to take a day into the Canadian side. Thought about train but not finding any connections that would work for a day trip. Also not sure about up-to-date boat/ship info.

6 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • March 2014

Toronto Oct 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi,I'm seriously thinking of visiting Toronto next March as this is the only leave i can obtain from work.I understand that month can be very cold and having possibly snow.My query is-Is it so cold that we cannot ' do the touristy ' bits ?.I am also thining of staying at the Econolodge in Downtown Toronto.However upon looking at guest reviews some state that it is located in an undesirable part.Can you shed any light on these comments ?
      Regards,
      Colin Jones Wales UK

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

Barrie Oct 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Canada from 20th to 28th December, our plan was to do 2-3 nights Toronto, 4-5 Nights Barrie and 1 night Niagara before leaving for our next destination.

We have friends in Innisfil near Barrie hence us staying there, we will be there over Christmas etc, can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? I know very little about Barrie and imagined a lake with hotels surrounding it but when researching the hotels I find them all on major highways etc!

We are looking for middle of the road, good reviews in OK location - if we can get a suite then even better so we can make basic meals etc. We have considered Monte Carlo, Comfort Inn, The Hampton inn and Suites, Days Inn and such like but not making headway - can anyone recommend one or 2?

We are also considering staying in Barrie for 7 nights and commuting to Toronto as we don't want to do too much there - is this realistic? It's only an idea but my friends husband commutes for work and also my friends son is probably going to want to come to Toronto with our son so thought it was worth considering!

Any advice is appreciated!

1 Answer Oct 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Brantford to Woodstock

Brantford Oct 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Is there a bus that goes from Brantford to Woodstock? Miigwetch (thank you advance for your answer)

1 Answer Oct 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    • Where to eat out?

Toronto Oct 25, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Hello everyone! I am going to stay in Toronto for a few days.  I was wondering which restaurants are the best to try different cuisines. Looking forward for your answers! 

Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • best way to travel, coming from niagara to burks falls by transit

Burks Falls Oct 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM

whats the cheapest way to travel to burks falls from niagara region

2 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    • Visiting Muskoka in Now

Lake Muskoka Oct 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

What are the fall colours like in Muskoka now? thanks

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

What to do..........................

Toronto Oct 14, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Myself, partner and our 14 year old son (who has Aspergers) are coming to Canada in late December - around 20th.
      We have friends who live in 20km from Barrie and we are spending lots of time with them and just wondering what people can suggest to do.

Our loose plans are to spend 2-3 nights in Toronto on arrival - my friend has suggested the following in Toronto: Nathan Philips Square, Eaton Centre, CN Tower, Kensington Market, Snow Valley(may have that one mixed up!)?

Then to Barrie to stay for around 5-6 days - possibly visiting Blue Mountains? but 25th and 26th would be spend not doing much, just normal Christmas Celebrations.

We are flying out of Buffalo on 31st so thinking 2 nights in Niagara on 29th and 30th?

My friends son also has ASD so considering staying in American or Great Wolf but only if we can get good rates!

We are not Museum or Gallery type people but love shopping - chain stores, malls, markets and thrift stores!
      We love to people watch and if we didn't have a teenager to entertain we would spend hours in Starbucks just watching the world go by.

Any recommendations on places to visit, things to do and places to eat could be good!

Also be great for recommendations of where to stay in these places, we are on a budget - nothing too fancy but will pay more for better standard/location etc.

Thanking you in advance for advice etc!

6 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • from bus terminal to the airport

Windsor Oct 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

hello everybody, I'm planning a trip from Toronto to Detroit.
      My question is: how can I go to the Windso arirport from the bus terminal station? I'm supposed to be at the bus station arriving from Deetroit around 5 pm and the plane departs at 7.30 pm.
      is there a shuttle service? or a train? or a bus?
      thanks

3 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • Tourist Visa

Niagara Falls Oct 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I am very much interested Niagra, Canada. What is the process from Bangladesh. Can any body answer?

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM