Province of Ontario Travel Answers

change location
rolex905's Profile Photo

Driving across Ontario from GTA to Thunder Bay

by rolex905 Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi all

Me and the GF are leaving tonight to drive to Thunder Bay from Mississauga and we're gonna try to make the best of it by hopefully stopping at any worthwhile places along the way.

Has anybody made the drive before, and if so, any nice landmarks to visit or good food joints to stop at or anything like that? Need suggestions for Thunder Bay itself too, all we have so far is some Finnish pancake house and some type of old fashioned ice cream place...

I know it's gonna be a beautiful scenic drive , any nice viewpoints or places to just stop and get a beautiful glimpse of nature or anything like that? Good food stops? Cool little shops?

Pretty much ANYTHING there is worth stopping for, we would do it. We need to actually prolong the drive so we don't arrive ahead of the rest of our party who is flying, so the more suggestions and things to do along the way, the better..

I think the "major cities" we pass through north of the GTA are things like Sudbury and the Soo (however that place is spelt lol) but there's probably countless small villages and towns too along the way

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Cheers from Toronto :)

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Ontario Travel Answer Locations