Province of Nueva Vizcaya Travel Answers

change location
BillD39's Profile Photo

WWII crash sites

by BillD39 Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi,
I'm trying to find any information on World War 2 era US crash sites in the mountains near Santa Fe. So far, the only info I have found puts one site (a B24) about 2.3 miles southwest of Santa Fe; and another (a P38) about 5 miles south-southwest of Santa Fe. Also, in March-April 1945, the US 35th and 161st Infantry Regiments lost 141 killed about 5.2 miles south-southeast of Santa Fe and 15 of these soldiers were never found. Any information on burials in this area would be great. If anyone knows where else I can look for this type of information, it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: WWII crash sites

by davidjo Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I have spent some time trying to search government offices in Santa Fe who may be able to help you but so far i have been unable to come up with anything helpful.
    Perhaps Nueva Vizcaya state university may have a history department who may have some ideas but it is a long shot.
    http://www.nvsu.edu.ph/

I was reading that in a certain municipality in NV all records were destroyed in a fire. I am afraid that record keeping in this country is not so good. I know of several foreigners married to local ladies that are already married to locals but not recorded in the national office of statistics, so they just marry the next guy and nobody cares.
    I was also trying to find out if there are any old military clubs in the area but came up empty handed. My wife has a very knowledable uncle in North Luzon, a retired government official who has contacts all over the place, so i will email him if he has any ideas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AGBAT's Profile Photo

Re: WWII crash sites

by AGBAT Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Try this resource for aircraft accident reports. accident-report.com/usaf.htm... This covers air accidents from 1918 forward

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Nueva Vizcaya Travel Answer Locations