Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answers

change location
GroundhogDave's Profile Photo

Driving from Grand Pre to Moncton via Joggins

by GroundhogDave Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Hey everyone, had a directions questions for my upcoming trip to the maritimes. I will be spending a night in Grand Pre and the next night in Moncton. On the way, the plan is to stop at Joggins, check it out, then head to Moncton.

My first question is what's the best route to Truro? Google maps suggests Hwy 236. I'd like something scenic but not so far out of the way, that I'll be driving several extra hours. Is Hwy 215 worth the drive?

When I get to Truro, I will was thinking heading up 104 to Amherst, then exiting and heading to Amherst. Is that the best route?

Like I said, if there is a scenic route that isn't extremely far off the beaten track, I'd take it. We're driving the Cabot Trail a few days before this, which will likely satisfy the need for a really scenic drive.

Thanks for the help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Dester's Profile Photo

Re: Driving from Grand Pre to Moncton via Joggins

by Dester Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM

If you take 215, (The Shore rd) up out of Brooklyn it will only be about an hour and a half more but it's a beautiful drive and well worth the detour. Then cross the bridge at South Maitland and go up through Old Barns right into Truro. If you have time on the way to Joggins think about going through Parrsboro, Five Islands and Advocate Harbour. The views from Cape d'Or at Advocate are stunning and will add only about 2-1/2 hours to the trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answer Locations