Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answers

change location
9tigers's Profile Photo

I could not decide if I need to drive around central east of island at all when I am visitng NS

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I am planning to be in NS from oct 2 - 11th and I will be staying in cape breton island area for maybe 2-3 nights.
my questions, do I need to bother to drive from halifax to
212 to Dollar lake park , then Detour to 357, then to 7 to spry bay and Taylor head park Continue to sherbrooke
then to Port Bickerton to see the lighthouse
then stay somewhere at Antigonish

or should I do halifax, truro, economy, five island park, Parrsboro, Joggins
then Amherst and stay at wentworth for a night, then next day drive up to cape brenton?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • babygrand's Profile Photo

Re: I could not decide if I need to drive around central east of island at all when I am visitng NS

by babygrand Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM

It is difficult to do Halifax, Truro, Economy, Five Island park, Parrsboro, Joggins, Amherst and Wentworth in the time you propose (9 days part of one day lost arriving and departing, leaves 8 days, getting to and from Cape Breton will consume most of one day, 3 days on the island and you only have four left to cover all that ground).
    The distances and road conditions are deceiving from a map. I would suggest that each of these will want a full day, and then from Wentworth, it's going to be several hours drive to the causeway onto Cape Breton. (from the island proper, allow at least five hours to get back to the airport).

Don't know if this helps a lot, but if you have a specific question, you can get back to me.

Go to: novascotia.com/en/home/plana...

This will give you all kinds of great info, so you can choose your favourites and get an idea of distances.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answer Locations