Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answers

change location

Last minute accomodation in Nova Scotia, etc.,

by opach Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 9:56 PM

Hi,
My husband and I will be driving around the Maritiem for 9 days in mid August. Then we'll fly to NFL and drive there for a week. It's going to be our first time in Eastern Canada. It'll be busy two weeks, but we'd like to get the most out of it. My concern is having to stick to a stricked schedule because of pre-booked accomodation. As I mentioned we will be renting a car. We are considering spending a couple of nights sleeping in the car if a worse case scenarion, but other than that we would like to rely on last-minute rooms. Our budget is limited, so hostels or small B&B are a way to go, but we would like to stay at a nicer place to get better rest every 2-3 days.

We start our trip in Halifax; spend the night there or close around (maybe Peggy's cove?) then we drive down the south west shore, through the Litehosue route; then off to Dingby and take the ferry to St. John, NB. We'd like to visit see the Foundy Bay and the tides and drive north toward the Confederation Bridge to PEI. While, in PEI we'll focus mainly on the central part of the island (from Summerside, PEI National Park & beaches,Charlottetown). Then we'll take the ferry to Caribou, NS. From there we want to drive to Cape Breton Island, do the Cabot Trail, visit Beddeck, Sydney, Louisburg, and drive back to Halifax.
From Halifax we fly to St. John's, NFL and rent a car again. We want to drive up to Twilligate (maybe stay overnight there for sure), and then move towards Gros Morne Park. We'll have to drive back the same way to get to St. John's, and while there maybe drive south to the Wittless Bay.

Any advise would be appreciated in terms of the itinerary and your experience with accomodation.
Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Nova Scotia Travel Answer Locations