change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Suggestions on itineary in the Western province/Gros Morne national park

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi there,

I will be spending 6 days in the western province, mainly to visit Gros Morne National Park. I believe 6 days will be more than enough and was wondering if there are sites worthwhile driving to or visiting outside of the park (i.e. driving north)? Any input would much be appreciated!

more
    • Car rental in newfoundland for 10 days

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Hi there,

I am travelling with my boyfriend to Newfoundland in mid June for for 10 days. We will be spending 4 days in St Johns and then flying to Deer Lake to hit the western side of the provide for the last 6 days. I've called a few car rental dealers for quotes and it seems that it can get quite pricey especially if requesting for unlimited milege. They quoted me $550 for 10 days, not yet including insurance. I was wondering if any one out there knows of a budget car rental dealer and whether unlimited milege is even required given that I will be flying from the eastern side of the province into the western side. Any advice/feedback would much be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

more
    • Suggestions on itineary in the Western province/Gros Morne national park

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi there,

I will be spending 6 days in the western province, mainly to visit Gros Morne National Park. I believe 6 days will be more than enough and was wondering if there are sites worthwhile driving to or visiting outside of the park (i.e. driving north)? Any input would much be appreciated!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • Car rental in newfoundland for 10 days

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Hi there,

I am travelling with my boyfriend to Newfoundland in mid June for for 10 days. We will be spending 4 days in St Johns and then flying to Deer Lake to hit the western side of the provide for the last 6 days. I've called a few car rental dealers for quotes and it seems that it can get quite pricey especially if requesting for unlimited milege. They quoted me $550 for 10 days, not yet including insurance. I was wondering if any one out there knows of a budget car rental dealer and whether unlimited milege is even required given that I will be flying from the eastern side of the province into the western side. Any advice/feedback would much be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    • transport from Deer Lake

Deer Lake Mar 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, can you tell me please if there is a transporttation from Deer Lake NF to St-Barbe NF. Becuse I will arrive at the airport of Deer Lake in July and I want to go to Blanc-Sablon by the ferry of St-Barbe. Thank you for your help. Excuse my English writting, I'm from Québec, :-)

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Ferry service to Battle Harbour

Battle Harbour Mar 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Is the ferry service for passenger's only? Can't seem to find any information on the boat and whether it holds vehicles.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • cord wood bar

Goose Bay Feb 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM

What happened to the Cord wood bar circa 1985

• red Bay confusion

Red Bay Feb 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I'm confused about Red Bay and Saddle Island. We will be visiting on a cruise ship on July 16. It appears that the historic site is on saddle island. I can find no information on a ferry. Is there one? Is there an historic display of some type in town?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • exploration and DEW site

Nain Nov 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I have a friend in Nain and he was interested in checking out these abandoned sites and the hopedale DEW site. I have looked all over but am not able to find directions to any of these places. Would you be able to tell me where these locations are or maybe someone he could ask in Nain?

• plan a trip from nyc

L'Anse aux Meadows Aug 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM

What's the best way to plan a trip from New York City to L'Anse aux Meadows?

7 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Wildlife viewing

Nain Aug 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM

is there any wildlife to see around nain in september?

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Newfoundland in late September

Island of Newfoundland Jun 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

We have some time off at the end of September and are considering renting an RV and driving around Newfoundland. I did a quick check and many sites seem to close around mid-September. Is the end of September a good time to visit or should we wait until next year? We've never been to Newfoundland so we want to make the most of this first visit!

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Weather Question

Island of Newfoundland Jun 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

What are the season like in Newfoundland? I've been to BC, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, am going to visit Quebec. And am pondering a visit to Newfoundland.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • bodiski's Profile Photo

Corner Brook Oct 6th, 2013

Corner Brook May 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM

We will be arriving on Oct by cruise ship. Since it is a Sunday all the car rental agencies are closed. I have contacted several tour guides but they are booked. Would love some ideas on how to get around and spend time from 8AM to 6PM. We would love to see Gros Morne but the cruise ship charges $179pp.

3 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    • Bairbre13's Profile Photo

Travel in Labrador

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Dec 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Hello, I'm planning to visit Labrador next September - I want to take the Northern Ranger up/down the coast. I'm ok to Blanc Sablon but can anyone tell me how to travel on to Black Tickle to catch the ferry? What are my options (I don't drive)? Thanks. Barbara

• Deer Lake Bus

Deer Lake Nov 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Is there a bus from Deer Lake to Stephenville?. From the airport or close by.
      Thanx

1 Answer Nov 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

TRAIN QUEBEC TO LABRADOR PROVINCE

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Checking out how to get to the Labrador province from Quebec city by train, has anyone been in the last months or so. Planning mid October 2012, not sure if the Tshiuetin rail passenger train is still running. It's all a bit confusing!
      Cheers

7 Answers Apr 16, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

St John's? Newfienland??

St. John's Jul 25, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I have never thot of going all the way to NF from Edmonton, thinking all the time that I should do the Canadian Rockies while I am here! But today when googling for something more unusual i.e.visiting Northern Canada and the original Canadians, I came across a fantastic website: adventurecanada.com/pdfs/201... which featured Newfoundland as one of its destinations!

So, now, I'm wondering whether I should fly all the way across Canada to St John's after all, to meet up with my dear friend and her lovely boys?? And, perhaps, even join them for a vacation in PEI where Judy has booked a cottage?? I really didn't plan to fly across Canada to go to the Maritimes since I had seen much of Eastern Canada (cities mostly) when I was in Ottawa for 10 months in 1989. And Judy comes to Malaysia now and then for business, so I can always meet her there, again.

So, what would you recommend? Jasper and the vicinity (after Banff turned out to be much ado about nothing to me?) or visit my Newfie friend and see NFL and even PEI instead? Would these locations pose a very different experience for me than say, the west coast of Scotland or Scandinavia/Lapland?

22 Answers Jul 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    • concert passes

St. John's Jul 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I posted this on Halifax forum, too. My girlfriend is a huge Reba McEntire fan and she's got the tickets for Reba's concerts on Sept.29 and 30.
      I'd love to surprise her with backstage passes for our anniversary because I know she'd love to meet Reba, but I don't know where to look for them. I'm willing to pay, of course, and I know there are about a dozen passes given away for every concert, but I need your help as to where I could get them? Do radio stations maybe give them in a competition, or should I look at the venue? Any help would be appreciated, it would be a great gift for our 3rd anniversary :).

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    • Bigguynsca's Profile Photo

Cheap trip to Macallum

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Jul 1, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Hey,

Looking to find the cheapest way to get to Macallum/Hermitage Bay from The Ferry from Sydney NS to Port Aux Basque ,NFLD. We are going to be walking on the ferry and travelling light. Couple Fishing rods and travell packs. Not to familiar with the area going to see where My grandfather grew up and walk in his footsteps for a couple of days. Any one know or got any suggestions. Please Let me know. On a tight Budget under400 Travel budget for transportation costs. Looking for 2 People possibly 4. Are there any lodgeing there and eatery/pubs? Fishing spots for rod n reel to catch a meal or two?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • Living in Goose Bay

Goose Bay Jun 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hi,
      I am considering a full time job in Goose Bay, I do not want to buy a home just yet, is there reasonable rental places?
      Thanks.
      Hermel

• where to eat

St. John's May 3, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Hello!

Thank you all who have replied to my previous posts. I have a food question - where can you eat downtown, and that it's affordable?

Thanks!

9 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    • Transport from the airport

St. John's Apr 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Hello!

what are my options for getting to town from the airport? Is there a shuttle bus?

thank you!

2 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    • travelling solo

St. John's Apr 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Hello!

Could you tell me if it is considered safe to travel to St.John's for a couple of days if one is a female and traveling alone? Is the town considered safe and are there any general things that should be avoided?

Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    • walterhurst

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM

can we take our minivan alone on the ferrys. Would it be cheaper then renting a car? Thank You

3 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 2:56 AM
    • Need lots of help with camping

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Mar 28, 2011 at 4:19 AM

My husband and I (along with our golden retriever) are planning on camping in Newfoundland this summer (the month of July). This will be our first visit to this lovely land and need lots of advise as to the best provincial parks to plant our tent! I received the guide in the mail but it means very little to us since we are not familiar with the parks themselves or any wonderful small towns to visit. We look forward to any advise any can give us!

Cheers
      Jo & David

1 Answer Mar 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    • 2 weeks in Nfld - comments on itinerary

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Mar 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Hi,
      We'll be traveling to Newfoundland this summer - late July for 2 weeks - arriving an departing from St. John's and renting a car from there. The places we want to visit seem to be far apart and I'm concerned about the amount of driving. Here is our draft itinerary - any thoughts? Should we cut something or add something?

2 nights St. Johns
      2 nights Trinity/Bonavista area
      1 night Fogo Island
      1 night Twillingate
      big drive up to St. Anthony's/L'Anse aux Meadows for 2 nights
      Gros Morne for 5 nights and long drive
      back to St. John's for 2 nights

3 Answers May 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    • Bakeapple festival

Forteau Bay Feb 26, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Could you please let me know when this year's festival is (2011)? Thank you

2 Answers Feb 28, 2011 at 5:47 AM
    • majedu's Profile Photo

St. John's for a wedding

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Feb 11, 2011 at 5:17 AM

We are travelling to Newfoundland at the end of July to attend a wedding in St. John's. We will arrive on a Thursday evening, explore St.John's on Friday, attend the wedding on Saturday and then will have 4 days to explore until we depart on the following Thursday morning.
      We are considering a visit to the Bonavista area where the bride is from, however we are open to ideas of what to see in such a short time.
      We would appreciate any help in planning this trip. Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

Burin Peninsula worth it to drive around and explore?

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Jan 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM

· Burin
      Most beautiful little town!!
      And its boardwalk over the waters of its rocky shoreline
      Then St Lawrence, then fortune, grand bank

o Fortune Head Ecological Reserve (off rte 220 FREE)
      Protected fossils dating from the planet’s most important period of evolution.

· Hiking trails
      Ask at burin Heritage museum about locating the cook’ss lookout trailhead. It is a 20 mins walk from town to the panoramic view.
      Off pollux cr in st Lawrence, the rugged, breath-draining Cape trail (4km) and chamber cove trail (4km) shadow the cliff edges and offer amazing vistas down to rocky shores and some famous WWII shipwrecks

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

Terra Nova National Park ppl tell me it is worth to go

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Jan 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM

of all these hiking trails which one I should never miss if I just have one day?

Trail Summary
      Trail Name Distance* Time* Activity
      The Heritage Trail 1 km 30 minutes Hiking
      Green Head Cove 2 km 40 minutes Hiking & Biking
      Sandy Pond(***) 3 km 1 hour Hiking
      Malady Head (*****) 5 km 1.75 hours Hiking
      Louil Hill 4 km 1.5 hours Hiking
      Blue Hill Pond 5 km 1.75 hours Hiking
      Southwest Brook 6 km 2 hours Hiking
      Buckley Cove 7 km 2.75 hours Hiking
      Blue Hill West 10 km 3.5 hours Hiking & Biking
      Coastal Trail 9 km 3 hours Hiking