Province of Negros Occidental Travel Answers

change location
eiggernaut's Profile Photo

Please help with tentative travel itinerary! Thanks!

by eiggernaut Online Now Sep 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Hi!

My friends and I will be coming to Negros Occidental through Bacolod on December 4 2009 until December 7 2009. Ours will be a backpacking vacation, so we're most likely using local transportation (with the convenient option of a taxi thrown in when really needed).

Our tentative itinerary is as follows:

December 4

Arrival 210 pm Silay Airport
300 pm check in at Bacolod Pension
330 pm proceed to Talisay Ruins
430 pm arrive at Talisay Ruins
600 pm leave for Bacolod for dinner
700 pm dinner at one of the inasal shops
1000 pm back at the pension

December 5

600 am leave for Ceres Southbound terminal
7am to 12 noon travel by bus to Sipalay City
12 nn to 1230 pm travel to resort

Stay in Sipalay for two days

December 7
500 am leave resort for bus station
6am to 11am travel by bus to Bacolod City
12nn lunch at Pala-pala, shop for pasalubong
150pm check in at Silay Airport for the 250 pm flight back

Our other option is to go directly to Sipalay City once we arrive at the airport, but I'm concerned that we will not be arriving until evening at Montilla, the jump off point to Langub Beach. The tricycles and the bancas may not be available as late as 9pm. This option would be the most practical in terms of time, but I'm a little concerned that we could be stranded.

We really want to stay at least 2 nights in Sipalay so the long commute will be worth it. We have been there before, but only for day trip and using private transportation.

I hope someone who is more familar with traveling to Sipalay can help us get our schedules in order. Thanks a lot!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Please help with tentative travel itinerary! Thanks!

by RAYSTORM Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hi. I'm from Bacolod and was in Sipalay just last week. First I would suggest that from the airport you go directly to the Ruins before checking in at your hotel. You'll be passing by Talisay City on your way to Bacolod from Silay so it will save you lots of time and effort by doing the Ruins first. From Silay, you may alight at the Pepsi Cola Bottling Plant in Brgy. Bata. From there, you may hire a tricycle or take a taxi to the Ruins. The trip will take around 10 minutes through a subdivision as the the Ruins is located in the middle sugarcane plantations.

Since you're staying at Bacolod Pension in 11th St. Lacson, Manokan Country is just one jeepney ride away but you'll have to do a bit of walking as the pension house is not located near jeepney routes. Just take a jeepney that passes by SM City as Manokan Country is right beside SM City in the reclamation area. From your pension house, Pala-pala is just within walking distance passing by the Provincial Lagoon. Walking the area is safe as the lagoon is a favorite hang out of the locals. Go to Pala-pala for late dinner. You won't enjoy it there during lunch as it gets really hot there in the middle of the day. If you'll be able to do your walking earlier, you may drop by the Negros Showroom for the pasalubong, its near the lagoon.

I also went to Langub when we went to Sipalay. Its not Boracay, but its still a very nice place. I suggest that you visit Campomanes Bay. It can be reached by banca from Langub. The area is a cove with white sand good for snorkelling.

May I also suggest that instead of going back to Bacolod for flight to Manila, you may fly out via Dumaguete City. Sipalay to Dumaguete is as near, if not nearer than Sipalay to Bacolod. That way you get to visit another place on your vacation. Dumaguete is nice.

Well, have a safe and enjoyable vacation. I hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eiggernaut's Profile Photo

Re: Please help with tentative travel itinerary! Thanks!

by eiggernaut Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Hi Raystorm!

We've actually been to Sipalay before, so we know we're not getting Boracay (and for the most part that's what we want) but since it's been so long and we didn't commute that time, I wanted to know if the itinerary I set would work.

Thanks a lot and God bless you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Negros Occidental Travel Answer Locations