change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Quebec city yoga

Quebec 1 hours ago

Hi all,

I'm new, and I think I posted this question in the wrong place, so I'm trying again. My husband and I will be visiting Quebec City next month (July) and I would love to take an english speaking yoga class. I haven't had much finding one online. Any ideas?

Thanks!

more
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Most Recommended Hiking Trails?

Waterton Lakes National Park May 27, 2015 at 6:49 AM

Hi there, I was wondering what are the most recommended hiking trails in Waterton Lakes NP, (let's say for July through September)--particularly, I was thinking in terms of the most scenic views and/or the safest (in terms of having a good flow of other hikers at this time of year & not isolated) trails.

Thanks, Joe

more
    • Victoria day

Waterton Lakes National Park May 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM

are the stores open on Victoria day ( Monday May 18 2015 )

more
    • Best Cell / Mobile Phone to use in Banff / Sunshine / Lake Louise area of Canada

Banff May 15, 2015 at 2:45 AM

I will be in the Banff area for a number of months and would like some advice on what is the most cost effective and useful cell / mobile service provider to use. My uk issued smartphone is quad band so should work for calls but the 3G frequency will be wrong for internet service. Internet service in Canada seems relatively expensive compared to UK so I am wondering if it would be better to use wifi hotspots where possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Activities for 9 year old granddaughter

Victoria May 18, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My 9 year old granddaughter will be traveling with me for a Grandma/Granddaughter trip in a few weeks, staying in the Inner Harbor area. I've been to the area several times with my husband and am familiar with the regular spots; fisherman's wharf, Beacon Hill Park, Royal BC Museum,Empress Tea Room, Parliament Bldg.,etc. Would like some suggestions for some unusual things to do that would be of interest to a 9 year old who loves art, music, history. We will have 3 full days and will have a car. Any festivals happening the week of May 25?

more
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Rogers Cup tennis tournament

Toronto May 7, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hello fellow VTers,
      I will be in Toronto for a week in August attending the Rogers Cup tennis tournament. I will need a prepaid SIM card for my unlocked GSM phone. Can you recommend a carrier?
      I will not have a car. Is there any public transit to Rexall Center from Yorkville?

more
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

arriving may 2015

Queen Charlotte May 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM

hey
      me and my girlfriend are coming up from vancouver for a week end of may, whats the best way to travel around?
      thanks

more
    • Qualicum Beach Accommodations Recommendations Wanted

Qualicum Beach May 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a place to stay in Qualicum Beach for 2 fairly quiet adults--something comfortable not too pricey--pool, close to beach, firepit, kitchenette...would be nice

more
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Restaurant recomendations for Quebec City pls....

Quebec May 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM

My wife and I will in the city end of June 2015, staying in the old section. Would appreciate some recs for a formal evening, casual bistro, and local pub.....does not have to be in the old area, but we will not have a car. We are in our late 40s and live in downtown Chicago.
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Anyone been to Algonquin park with family?

Canada May 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Hi there! Wanna get feedback. How about going for a day or two to Algonquin park. This place is recommended by my friend. She says the place is excellent. But looking for a second advice. I looked for lodging there and found this killarneylodge.com/algonquin... It looks good. its location is wonderful . Anyone been there?

more
    • Farmers markets

Halifax May 5, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Will be staying around St Margaret's bay and want to know about farmer's markets in the area. June 3-8 2015

more
    • Where do I leave my clothes when going to the wreck beach

Vancouver May 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM

hi, this is a question that came to my head and I was surprised that no website answers the question of where to put the clothes when on the wreck beach. I haven't been to the Wreck beach before. I plan to visit there soon next month and stroll the beach in the nude. If I drive, is it fine to leave them in the car and be naked during the walk to the beach? What do folks who take the public transport do? Are there lockers to rent? Should I be worried that they can get stolen if I just leave them on the beach and stroll from end to end?

May be I am concerned over nothing and there may a practical solution to it but I rather be prepared than sorry.

Thank you,
      Annie

more
    • JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Views in Montreal

Montreal May 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Hello,

Are there any buildings in Montreal which I can have access to its top floor to view Montreal? Ville Marie will only be ready in June.

more
    • mayt's Profile Photo

botanical garden Montreal

Montreal May 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Is May 10th a good day to visit the botanical garden? what are the major attractions at the botanical garden?

more
    • I am searching for a house-boat to rent or a great hotel on the waterfront of Victoria

Victoria Apr 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Is here anybody who knows a great houseboat that I could rent or maybe a fancy Hotel directely on the waterfront in Victoria !?
      Thank you very much !

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal for 4 days

Montreal May 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Coming from Florida , never been in Canada ..were staying 5 days in Quebec City ,then driving to Montreal. Question were the best area to stay...I,m looking on vrbo for 1 bedroom condos/ apartment.....but don't know area....can you help....OH WERE IN OUR 50s, so the party seen is not our thing. (. Bars/ clubs....thanks for your help....martin

more
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Area related to Port

Vancouver May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Can someone please tell me what area the Port is located? North, south?? We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise and staying a few after to rent motorcycles…. Looking to stay in a nice area but somewhat close to catch our boat

Thanks a bunch wheretonext...

more
    • Finding Cheap Flights

Calgary May 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM

I plan on going on a trip this summer but seeing as I am on a students budget I was hoping that I could just improvise based on what trip seems to be the most affordable.
      I was hoping that someone could recommend a resource where I do not have to know my destination, only a travel date and location from which I am departing.

Thanks so much!

more
    • What to wear

Lake Louise May 25, 2015 at 10:40 PM

I am staying at the Deer Lodge Lake Louise next march, what would you advise to take wear at this time of year and any recommendations for places to go and see?

more
    • RoyG17's Profile Photo

Prices on PEI

Cavendish May 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM

What is the cost to visit the Green Gable House? Is there a tour that you would recommend? We are to be on our 30th Anniversary trip in 3 weeks. we only have 1 day to be on PEI. is there a B&B that you would recommend staying at?

more
    • Rains in June

Lake Louise May 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Due to work schedules, we can only travel in June and current weather forecasts show rains and cloudy days on most of our travel days. My question is , does it usually rain all day or does it rain in small bouts and there is possibility of some sunshine to get the beautiful colours of the lakes? Thanks in advance for your replies

more
    • passport required?

Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park May 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Do you have to have a passport to enter from Glacier National Park?

more
    • Best Cell Coverage

Canada May 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Hi! I will be traveling across Canada, from Ontario, through Manitoba, Alberta, BC, and terminating in the Yukon Territory. I have an unlocked GSM phone and want to buy a pre-paid SIM card. Can anyone tell me the mobile provider with the best coverage through these areas?

Vicki

more
    • 24 Hour Bus Pass

Montreal May 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am trying to understand the STM website re the day pass or 24 hour pass (are they the same thing?). If I land at the airport and get a pass for $10 does that include my shuttle downtown plus the Metro for the day? Do I need to have an Opus card for this? I saw a reference to paying exact cash using coins only? Can anyone pull this together for me? Merci.

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

What is the current process for Customs and Immigration at Toronto Pearson from the US?

Toronto May 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Guys, who has recently been through Terminal 1 at Pearson from outside Canada? The Official Spousal Unit is flying from DFW to Pearson this weekend, and we are trying to determine the process for Customs and Immigration.

We have often been through C & I in T3 on American Airlines, but not on Air Canada, a different terminal.

In the US, we now have Automated Passport Control kiosks ( cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/a... ) which supposedly speed things up nicely. But so far, what little that I can find suggests that the kiosks in Toronto for inbound people is only for Canadian residents.The airport website, Canadian Immigration website and Air Canada website have all been remarkably unhelpful...

Anyone with recent experience?

Bill

more
    • Summer Clothing

Churchill Jan 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Any ideas what to take/wear for a summer trip would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    • rkl27's Profile Photo

Visiting in May for two weeks

Winnipeg Apr 26, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I'll be visiting in May for two weeks and being from a really hot and humid place (Singapore), I just wonder if anyone knows how the weather is and how should i dress? I have two weeks to plan a fab wardrobe lol. Appreciate any help, thanks! :)

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • Prime Tourism Times

Churchill Feb 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Is there anything to see in Churchill the first week of April? Are all the tours open and running?

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Aussie moving to Winnepeg

Winnipeg Jan 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM

An Aussie female hoping to move to the south east of Canada for work. Have been in Vancouver for a while now and ready to move on. What r the drawing cards I could be told about Winnepeg being a top choice to settle in for a while?

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    • Wasagaming weekend - Aug 9

Wasagaming Jul 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Can you tell me anything about "Wasagaming Weekend" on Aug 9? I noticed a reference to a parade and kiddie parade that weekend, but I have not been able to find any information about it. We are "Otentik ing" at Riding Mountain Park that weekend with our daughter and grandkids. Thanks for any info.

Janice

1 Answer Aug 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    • cost of hiring snow clothing and boots

Churchill Jun 23, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Can anyone tell me what the cost is of hiring snow clothing & boots as I live in Australia and want to do a Polar Bear guided trip in October 2014. Any advise would be great Thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM
    • does winnipeg really have a significant crime problem?

Winnipeg Jun 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I am interested in travelling to winnipeg for school,specifically u of m, and have never been there before. I would also be travelling alone. I would like to know from other travellers their perspective on the crime problem in winnipeg? how bad is it?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    • september holiday 2013

Winnipeg Jun 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

good morning.
      We are celebrating a dear friends 70th birthday. Is the night life active during the week and are there botanical gardens for the day?
      Thank you

5 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Iforti's Profile Photo

Need a hostel, can somone guide me?

Winnipeg May 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Is there any cheap and good hostel near downtown ?

1 Answer May 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • Hotels / HSC

Winnipeg Apr 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I have to come to Winnipeg for some training at the HSC - physio - big gym and wondering which hotel is closer - the Canad Inn at polo park or the Inn at the forks? I have to be there for 0900 hours - how much time should I give myself?

thanks!

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • From Dickinson, ND, USA to Winnipeg

Winnipeg Oct 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hi, I am Chee Hui from Malaysia, I am now having my working holiday at Dickinson, Nd, USA from October to December. I am planning to have a tour at Winnipeg, do you have any idea? How can i getting Winnipeg from Dickinson?

4 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    • Shopping in Winnipeg

Winnipeg Oct 10, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Does anyone know a shop where I can buy silk sleepwear in Winnipeg?
      I'm looking for men's silk pajamas and women's silk kimonos.
      I know...maybe Japan would be a better destination to buy silk sleepwear but I will be in Winnipeg for a couple of days and I am hoping that I can find bigger sizes here than in Europe. I have a chubby hubby and here everything goes until XL only. Any ideas ? Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    • date when the snow/ bears arrive

Churchill Feb 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I was in churchill last year October 11 -16 and there was no snow/ ice and few bears. I am planning to go again this year but want to optimize the chances of seeing bears in a white landscape. I know the timing is tricky: too early and there is no snow/ice yet. Too late and the bears are gone. I can either go oct 26 for 6 days or Nov 11 for 6 days. What would you suggest? Do you remember what date the snow arrived and bears arrived last year?

4 Answers May 17, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    • Desperately looking for a good hair stylist!

Winnipeg Oct 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Hello,

I recently moved to Winnipeg so I'm in the process of finding new doctors, dentists, etc. So far so good... until today. I went to a new hairdresser and it was a total disaster. She was an "award winning" hairstylist who proceeded to give me a terrible cut (not even close to what I asked for) and the worst highlights I've ever had! I desperately need a recommendation for a good colourist and stylist who can fix my hair. I'm embarrassed to leave the house!!!

Thank you in advance,
      KisJutka :(

2 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    • BUICK23's Profile Photo

Australian moving to winnipeg

Winnipeg Sep 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Hello everyone

I'm a 27 year old Australian man who is thinking about moving to winnipeg around late december or jan

I have my visa and have booked my flight to Vancouver and was thinking about trying to set up there but I have heard the competition for work is something to dread, Ive heard and researched that winnipeg has the lowest unemployment rate in Canada? can someone tell me what I should expect, if im not a lazy person which Im not will I be able to find work?

any help would be great

thanks

21 Answers Oct 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • places to know in Winnipeg

Winnipeg Sep 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hi there
      My 16 y.o. som just moved to Winnipeg and is staying the the Burrows Avenue region. Can you help us help him to know the best winnipeg has to offer. Many thanks
      CR

1 Answer Sep 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    • boat rental

Brandon Jun 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi, is there any place to rent a motor boat for the day/few hours?

• Polar Bears and Aurora Borealis in Churchill

Churchill May 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

My wife and plan to take a polar bear tour in Churchill around mid-November this year. Would it be possible to see the Northern Lights ( Aurora Borealis ) at this time or do we have to make a separate trip later in the winter? Any tips / suggestions on how to make the trips?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    • Road Trip- Hotel Age Question

Winnipeg Mar 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM

My boyfriend and I are hoping to travel to Winnipeg for a couple nights because we've never been to Canada and Winnipeg is the closest big city to where we are right now (central Minnesota). Of course, we will need to rent a hotel room. I'm 19 years old, however, he's 17. Is it possible for us to rent a hotel room together, even though he is under 18? I know around where I live, or in my home town actually, if there's someone under 18 in the room we can both be thrown out. Is it the same in Winnipeg? I really hope not...

4 Answers Mar 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Question about the Mint

Winnipeg Mar 15, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Me and my husband are going to Manitoba for 2 nights in April for a family event.

We have a little bit of time to spare, so we're going to check out the Mint. We've booked a tour at 11:30am, which is pretty much the only time we can do it.
      I was looking at some reviews online, just for fun, and I came across one that said that the production staff all go on lunch right around 11:30am, so the machines aren't/might not be running at that time. It's weird, the person specifically said not to take the 11:30am tour.

I was just wondering if this is true or not?? Would everyone go at the same time? I really want to be able to see the machines in action!

Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    • Winnipeg in December

Winnipeg Feb 15, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Hello All
      I plan to visit Winnipeg next December as part of my round the world trip so I do have some questions which I hope you can answer

1)Is there any public transportation from the airport to downtown?
      2)How is the weather in December usually? is there much snow? this year I heard the winter was not very good and it was much warmer than usual
      3)Where can I go to get some amazing views and take some nice photos of winnipeg skyline?
      4)What can i do while i am there? what can i visit? any winter activities available?
      5) How is the crime lately in Winnipeg?

I hope you can answer all of my questions. thanks

4 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • craic's Profile Photo

Smoking a cigarette in Winnipeg in the winter

Winnipeg Dec 22, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hi people. If one was lucky enough to be in Winnipeg from Sep-Dec how would one go about indulging in a cigarette?

Are there any indoor smoker's zones?

What do smokers do?

39 Answers Jan 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    • Gangerolv's Profile Photo

Camping in the south-east section of Manitoba

Province of Manitoba Aug 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM

We are going to visit the area south of Brandon, and we have not found many places for camping/tenting yet. Does anybody have a suggestion for camping in this area? Would camping be restricted to campgrounds only or are there non-private places where we can pitch a tent outside the towns (looks like most the land is farm land).

Thanks!

jp

1 Answer Aug 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Best Long-Term Parking

Winnipeg Aug 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM

My husband and I are gong to Churchill in October. We live in Minnesota, so we're just planning to drive to Winnipeg and take the flight to Churchill from there. Can anyone suggest a good, cheap and safe place to leave our car? We will be staying a couple of nights in Winnipeg, so our hotel may be an option, but we're not sure where we'll be staying yet. The airport is also probably an option, but I'm guessing that's expensive. If there are any better ideas we'd love to hear them.

We're also looking for suggestions on the best way to spend a few hours on a Sunday morning. That's the only time we'll actually be free to do things in Winnipeg, but I imagine a lot of things will be closed...

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Winnipeg and Gimli

Province of Manitoba May 23, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I'm going to be spending a couple of days in Winnipeg in June. I'll be staying at the Place Sant Louis Reil, and was wondering what there might be to do nearby. Also, I was wondering whether anyone could tell me whether the drive to Gimli would be a worthwhile day-trip?

Thanks in advance,

Ray J

• Malborough Hotel

Winnipeg Apr 7, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Can anyone advise me whether it is safe to stay at the Malborough Hotel in downtown Winnipeg. We don't have a car as we are flying into Winnipeg. Is it a safe part of town? Most of the reviews say downtown Winnipeg is crime ridden. Which part of Winnipeg is safe? Please advise.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    • Bwent26's Profile Photo

Hotel & Bar Q's

Winnipeg Aug 1, 2008 at 10:14 PM

I've got a trip up there in a few weeks and wanted to know where a good area to stay is in? Also, can anyone recommend some good bars/lounges/clubs ect...that are a little nicer. Somewhere the young professionals go.
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    • Location - Crescent Pk

Winnipeg Apr 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Can you inform me as to the exact location of Crescent Pk. off Pembina Highway in Ft. Garry , MB ? Thanking you in advance ,
      Len Penner
      lenthehandyman@yahoo.ca

1 Answer Apr 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    • Best parking spots for concert at MTS Centre

Winnipeg Apr 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I am coming to Winnipeg, from North Dakota for a concert in July at the MTS Centre.
      I know there are some safety concerns in downtown Winnipeg.

Where would be the best/safest parking spots for a concert at the MTS Centre to best avoid car theft, panhandlers, etc?

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

Tours

Churchill Mar 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Does anyone know of any tour operators who offer simple day trips to see the bears? I don't want a multiple-day package, just one day of viewing the bears. I found one operator that offered this, but they only had a couple of days in October avalable for 2008, and I'd prefer November. Thanks!