Province of Laguna Travel Answers

change location
JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Campsite

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Jan 25, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Hi! My family and I want to go on a camping trip somewhere safe during the summer. I heard there are some sites in Laguna. Could you give me some advice where to go? Number 1 criteria is safety.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

RE: Campsite

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 25, 2006 at 6:52 PM

I am not sure if the Jamboree site in Mt. Makiling is still open. You may want to consider it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Campsite

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 6:26 AM

thanks. Would there be any establishment I can call? or is this with the Boys Scouts of the Philippines?

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

by bike_packer Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 8:30 PM

jane,

try lake caliraya in cavinti/lumban laguna. there's the Surf Kamp, a little bit upscale campsite (of course for windsurfers). just about a few meters away is a reasonably-priced (i am sorry, i forgot the name)campsite that has complete facilities. T&B, kayaks for rent, tents for rent. The place is a guarded, being a commercial one. It is covered by thick eucalyptus trees and is by the lake. A lot of overnight campers on weekends. This is very near the Japanese Garden and just before Surf Kamp (if you have been to Caliraya). I guess they charge P60 per head. Actually, my family have been planning to camp out there sometime this summer. will post some pictures on my page this week.

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 1:42 AM

thanks a lot. I've been wanting to have information on Caliraya's attractions. I've been there a couple of times but to a hotel only for our conference. I'll check it out. do you think they have a website? Would you know of campsites in antipolo or tanay maybe?

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

by bike_packer Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 6:57 PM

have heard of a Paenan Camping Grounds in antipolo but never been to the place.

worth considering also near Manila is Tagaytay Picnic Grove (not much privacy here though) and Taal Lake Yatch Club grounds in Talisay at the lake's coast.

check http://www.sailphi.org.ph/tlyc/

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Jan 29, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Isn't picnic grove just a site for picnics?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Laguna Travel Answer Locations