Province of KwaZulu-Natal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Area close for good views

Underberg Mar 26, 2014 at 3:01 AM

is there a short drive to a stream & mountain range viewing spot from Underberg?

more

is there a short drive to a stream & mountain range viewing spot from Underberg?

more
    • Souvenirs and Stuff Durban!

Durban Apr 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I was interested in buying some personal items in addition to typical South Africans souvenirs from Durban. Unfortunately, I have been to two places, one is missing most of the items I was looking for and the other was a complete rip off and very touristic. Any recommendations for souvenirs and local made items will be very much appreciated. BTW, I'm in Durban!

Thank you in advance !

more
    • MinnieEngelbrecht's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving At Sodwana

Sodwana Bay National Park Mar 30, 2014 at 3:34 AM

We are 3 people, 2 Open Water Divers and 1 Non Diver, planning a trip to Sodwana.
      Are there any accommodation with sea views?
      Which Diving Company will yopu recommend?

more
    • Souvenirs and Stuff Durban!

Durban Apr 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I was interested in buying some personal items in addition to typical South Africans souvenirs from Durban. Unfortunately, I have been to two places, one is missing most of the items I was looking for and the other was a complete rip off and very touristic. Any recommendations for souvenirs and local made items will be very much appreciated. BTW, I'm in Durban!

Thank you in advance !

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • MinnieEngelbrecht's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving At Sodwana

Sodwana Bay National Park Mar 30, 2014 at 3:34 AM

We are 3 people, 2 Open Water Divers and 1 Non Diver, planning a trip to Sodwana.
      Are there any accommodation with sea views?
      Which Diving Company will yopu recommend?

5 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM

• public transport to Sherwood

Durban Mar 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi
      Please help me I am trying to get a bus that goes to Sherwood in Durban.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • Scenic Drive from Durban to Margate

Margate Feb 24, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hi there,

Is there any specific coastal or otherwise scenic drive that one would recommend from Durban to Margate ?
      I just know that N2 and R102 run in parallel, R102 being closure to the sea. Will it make any sense to take R102 for the from the scenic drive perspective ?

Thanks
      MK

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • ubi786's Profile Photo

ENTERTAINMENT

Margate Jan 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I NEED TOURISTS INFORMATION GUIDE TO THE ACTIVITIES IN & AROUND MARGATE.
      PLACES TO VISIT, THINGS TO DO FUN WITH FAMILY?

1 Answer Feb 21, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Loxley14's Profile Photo

Hiring a driver from Durban airport

Durban Jan 1, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Does anyone have any advice regarding hiring a driver from Durban airport to Kosi Forest Lodge? It will be for a family of five. Could drive but not safe I'd rather enlist the help of someone who knows where they are going and get us there without being car-jacked.

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Gay clubs, pubs in margate?

Margate Dec 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Does anyone know of any gay and lesbian hangouts in Margate??

4 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Directions to the beach

Umhlanga Rocks Nov 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Good day

Please would you direct me on how I can get to the beach from Gateway.

Regards
      Cebile

• BridgetteN's Profile Photo

Adapters for elecronic devices and clothing for travel to Durban in South Africa.

Durban Nov 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Is an adapter available available to purchase in the US?Any quick tips on the most important things to pack for Durban weather in November?Thanks!!!!!

6 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    • nomsamasuku's Profile Photo

Seaboard Hotel & Holiday Apartments

Durban Oct 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Goodday, I want to know whether Seaboard Hotel & Holiday Apartments is a good place for first time visitors to Durban. We are trying to accommodate 3 families who are on low budget.

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    • safe to drive after dark?

Durban Oct 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I am visting south Africa next September and need to get from durban to near hluhwe in the evening (i.e. in the dark). Is it safe/sensible to hire a car and drive?
      Any advice appreciated!

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • robert.diedericks's Profile Photo

what is there to do in margate kzn

Margate Sep 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM

can you tel me what is there to do for a 8 year old and 10 year old kid in margate kzn this december 2013

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • inforinnocent's Profile Photo

which is the best place

Durban Sep 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM

which place is the best place to be in Durban in South Africa?

7 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    • Traveling alone to Sodwana

Sodwana Bay National Park Sep 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hi

I will be traveling by myself to Sodwana Bay with y 4 kids, the last tie i traveled the road was 15 years ago and it was pretty ruff and didn't feel safe, can anyone tell me if its safe?

Kind Regards
      Becky

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    • Transport to Transnet Training centre in Solomon Mhlango

Durban Sep 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I am looking for a bus that leaves from Durban taxi rank at about 6,25 am and will take me to Edwin Swales drive , now known as Solomon Mlango. I need to be at the Transnet Training Centre to start work by 7am. Is there any direct transport from Westville To the Bluff. Regards Maggie maustin@telkomsa.net

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • factory on Hyde Road

Ladysmith Aug 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

There is a factory on Hyde Road, Ladysmith which I believe was originally built as the Lancashire Cotton Corporation but was used more latterly as Courtaulds and closed in 2009. Does anybody know if there is any local information about it from the 1940s to 1950's as my granddad was a manager there for a few years.

• transportation from Durban airport

Richards Bay Aug 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM

How can I get from Durban airport to Richards Bay by taxi or public transportation

• How long needed in Durban (+ meeting family)

Durban Aug 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hi,

I'm a South-African born Australian returning to South Africa for a month and for the first time ever (left when I was 2 years old). I was born in Durban but feel bad that I am only going there for 3 and 1/2 days. I am instead spending the majority of the holiday in Cape Town, the Garden Route and the Drakensberg (and a little of Joburg). I've only given myself about 3 and 1/2 days for Durban - do you feel this is enough even though I'm catching up with some family there?

I've got a few relatives to catch up with which might take some time, otherwise I'd just like to see a bit of where I come from and need to know if I'm not spending enough time there!

Thanks for any help,

kind regards,

Gareth

11 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • From Durban to Manguzi

Durban Aug 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Hello! This is very late notice, but a friend and I are travelling to Durban next week Sunday and need to get to Manguzi that same day where we will be starting a medical elective at the hospital. We had originally thought we could get a lift up with one of the doctors but I'm not sure if its possible anymore. Do you have any suggestions on the best route of transport to get there? Hiring a car seems expensive, especially because it will not be a 4x4 so we wouldn't be able to use it to travel to Mozambique during the time we are there..
      Hope that you have some suggestions!
      Thanks so much

1 Answer Aug 5, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • Lindiesparkle's Profile Photo

Oribi gorge

Margate Jun 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Directions to Oribi Gorge from Margate? We want to go bungee jumping :)

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • october visit

Umhlanga Rocks Jun 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM

recommended hotel easy access to the airport king shaka

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • umfolozi Hluhluwe accomodation

Umfolozi May 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM

We are planning to visit Umfolozi and Hluhluwe National Parks and would appreciate comments on the Hilltop game lodge

6 Answers May 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • From Durban to Drakensberg mountains

Durban May 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Hi , may be you can help us, we are travelling next week to Durban and staying there for a couple of days and then hiring a game in Hluluwe for 3 days , on the next day we wanted to drive to the Drakensberg mountains to be able to see something different, beach - game - mountains.... do you know if we need to take the malaria pills? we only have this week and next week before the weekend so we the time is running out...

do you know also how long would it take us to drive from Hluluwe to the Drakensberg mountains and from there back to Durban ? as our plan was to drive back to Durban on the day we have to fly back to London.

Hope you are able to help us,

thank you very much!

1 Answer May 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • abwun's Profile Photo

Fishing geare, rolls, rods,baits

Durban Apr 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

A friend of mine is in Durban. Could you please give me some adresses of fishing geare shops in Durban?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • RasilaK's Profile Photo

Transportation

Durban Feb 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I am travelling with my family from overseas and arriving at night. Is the taxi service to a hotel safe and reliable?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

Getting from Maputo, Mozambique to Hluhluwe?

Hluhluwe Dec 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

In July, I need to get from Maputo, Mozambique to a destination close to Hluhluwe. Then about a week later I'll need to get back to Maputo. What's the best way to do that?

If that's too difficult, I can probably use Johannesburg as my portal instead of Maputo, in which case I still need advice about how to get to and from there. Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • Mikelin's Profile Photo

Durban in January

Durban Nov 19, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I'm so pleased to have found your site. My partner and I are fit 60 year olds who are visiting Durban on 7th January for a month long stay. For the first 2 weeks we will be with his family - son and daughter-in-law in their mid thirties with 4 boys, -10 month old twins, and 3 and 6 year olds. They moved there in July for his son's job. With our help they would like to take the family on a trip to the mountains before the children return to school on the 14th. We'll need a large property where we can self cater, maybe with a safari park nearby.
      We want the boys to experience what the country has to offer whilst they are living there.
      Also, my partner and I then plan to go off on our own and see more of the area including Zululand and maybe Rourkes Drift
      We would also like to drive to Cape Town where he was born and still has family. He left for the UK aged 17 in the apartheid era.
      I can see that we have a choice of routes and could maybe do one there and another back. What must see places can we visit en-route?
      I'm not sure if we can afford tol visit again and so really want to make the most of this trip.

Linda

2 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 3:36 AM
    • Visit to Durban

Durban Nov 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Hi fellow members.

We are to visit Durban in January as my husband has business there lasting one day but we have the option of staying up to four days. We have visited SA many times but never ventured to this area. His business is in Pinetown and from research feel the best area to stay is Umhlanga, however this is 35 km away from Pinetown. Hubby would like to hire a car, ( we have driven from Joburg to Hoedspruit before) but not sure of hiring a car in the Durban area. Would it be very expensive to have a return taxi from Umhlanga to Pinetown? Also is there enough to see in 4 days or do you think we would be better cutting this time short. After Durban we go to Kruger through the crocodile gate (we thought we would fly here) as notice it is a very long drive.

Would be grateful for any help info and thanks.

13 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 6:08 AM