Province of Ilocos Sur Travel Answers

change location
jdmanaid's Profile Photo

Trip to Pagudpud

by jdmanaid Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Hello Guys!
I've read some of the blogs regarding trips to Pagudpud. This will be a big help for us in going there as we are planning to make the trip this April. I have few questions in mind though:
What are the reccommended hotels to stay in Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud?
What is the approximate travel time from Pagudpud to Manila?
Thanks a lot!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Pagudpud

by davidjo Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

in Vigan we stayed in the Vigan Hotel, a wonderful older hotel with garden, but its a budget hotel, think we paid 500 for a double with tv, no bathroom. It has some beautiful wooden furniture, and near the sights

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

by eagerexplorer Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Try Vigan Plaza Hotel, located at the center of the Vigan City.

If you are travelling at night, it would take you about 11-12 hours from Pagudpud to Manila. It would take a lot more if you travel by day. I've heard stories where it took people 14 hours from Laoag to Manila.

I would recommend that you travel by land from Pagudpud to Laoag, then fly from Laoag to Manila.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

• rairaiken's Profile Photo

by rairaiken Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Hello there!You'll love the trip to Ilocos.I stayed in El Julliana in Vigan which is 3 blocks from the famous heritage village or Calle Crisologo because most of the hotels/BandB in the area were fully booked that time.I paid 1000 for a single bed with a/c and t/b with hot water.Only thing I hated was the small cockroach,perhaps it might be because the place is old but still it's not an excuse.If you want to stay there you may call them ahead make reservations and tell them to prepare the room and clean it properly.You can stay in Grandpa's in also or in the Vigan heritage hotel but it's more expensive since the location is great.You have to make an early reservation though because it's summer it's their peak season.In Laoag I would recommend you staying at Hotel Tiffany which has a very good location, you can check out my review for some pix.I paid 695 that time for a single bed but they gave me 2 beds.they have a diner,jollibee on the next block and it's 3 blocks away from the bus terminal to pagudpud.In Pagudpud there are a lot of resorts you can choose from,what I would recommend will be my tour guides.Travel time from Manila to Vigan=10-11 hrs,vigan to laoag=2 hrs,laoag to pagudpud=2hrs.I think there are buses that goes directly to Laoag and Pagudpud.Make sure you spend a day in Pagudpud, so many sights to see.BTW, a must try is Bagnet in Cafe Uno :)

Make sure you visit these places:

this place is the nicest i've been to in this itinerary. finally i'm one of the many who get to see the windmills. as what don quixote quotes "the giant" in his adventures. other places include:
    bangui windmills
    kapurpurawan rock formation
    cape bojeador lighthouse
    kabigan falls
    patapat viaduct
    agua grande
    paraiso ni anton
    timmangtang rock
    bantay abot cave
    blue lagoon
    dos hermanos
    saud beach
    FOR TOUR ARRANGEMENTS YOU MAY CONTACT MANG ARNEL AT 09186890723 or 09265880666,sulit ang bayad..WALAY SIGNAL KAAU SUN SA PAGUDPUD SA GLOBE RA AND SMART..

This place is really nice.it goes to show how influencial the late president have been. These are the places i've been to:
    sinking bell tower
    saint william cathedral
    museo iloko
    malacanang of the north
    paoay church
    marcos museum
    marcos photo gallery
    FOR TOUR ARRANGEMENTS YOU MAY CONTACT KUYA WAWIE AT 09069729377,SULIT!!

i love this place. this place is a reflection of the Spanish heritage of the Phils. you just can't help but to be astonished by the traditional spanish houses you'll find there. other places i've visited include:
    bantay bell tower
    syquia mansion
    crisologo museum
    baluarte ni chavit
    hidden garden
    pagburnayan pottery
    burgos museum
    kalye crisologo
    vigan heritage village
    YOU CAN GO AROUND VIGAN JUST HIRE A TRICYCLE SINCE IT'S A SMALL AREA OR A KALESA..

I hope you will have a great trip.Cheers!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

by TrendsetterME Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Hey Rairaiken, great and helpful tips, thanks fro sharing ... :)

• jdmanaid's Profile Photo

by jdmanaid Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Thank you very much guys! This will help us a lot!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Ilocos Sur Travel Answer Locations