Province of Ilocos Sur Travel Answers

change location

Taking a dog on a bus?

by Fenderstrat Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My gf wants to travel from Manila to Ilocos Sur with her daughter and a small dog. This was ok on severral other occasions but now she has been refused by three bus companies because of new rules against dogs. Can this be true? How does anyone transport a dog in the Philippines? She has no other option.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Re: Taking a dog on a bus?

by jumpingnorman Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

yikes, I have ridden buses before from Manila going up north and never really saw a dog on-board. Although Philippines has a lot of dog-lovers, it is hard to find pet-friendly buses and hotels --- but there is the Philippine Kennel Association of which I was a member before (I owned dalmatians) - they might be able to inform you if there are bus companies that allow dogs. Otherwise, you might just have to find a friend who is willing to drive up to Ilocos with the dog :) Good Luck :)

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Taking a dog on a bus?

by Fenderstrat Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

jumpingnorman wrote:
    yikes, I have ridden buses before from Manila going up north and never really saw a dog on-board. Although Philippines has a lot of dog-lovers, it is hard to find pet-friendly buses and hotels --- but there is the Philippine Kennel Association of which I was a member before (I owned dalmatians) - they might be able to inform you if there are bus companies that allow dogs. Otherwise, you might just have to find a friend who is willing to drive up to Ilocos with the dog :) Good Luck :)

Thanks for that tip about the PKA ... we will ask. Real bummer.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Taking a dog on a bus?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

How about flying? Dogs are allowed on planes but you must have a cage for them and there is a charge also. From the airport you could get a jeepney or trike to your final destination.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Ilocos Sur Travel Answer Locations