Province of Ilocos Norte Travel Answers

change location
winipooh's Profile Photo

How many hours does it take to go from Laoag to vigan to pagudpud?

by winipooh Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Hello.... I am planning to go to Laoag soon. I plan to stay there for half day, tour the place, etc. In the afternoon, I plan to go to Vigan. How many hours does it take from Laoag to Vigan by bus? Once I am in Vigan, same thing, tour the place then stay in a hotel. In the morning of the next day, i plan to go to Pagudpud. Tour the place first then at 1 pm,I will check in at Kapuluan vista resort. How many hours from Vigan to Pagudpod?..the next day after checking out, i plan to go to kabigan falls or any mountains... I don't know if these plans are right. I hope you can recommend something maybe even better plans..
Hope to hear from you soon...

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: How many hours does it take to go from Laoag to vigan to pagudpud?

by asianbelle Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Vigan and Pagudpud are on opposite directions from Laoag. Vigan is south, while Pagudpud is north of Laoag.

Laoag to Vigan is approximately 2 hours. Vigan to Pagudpud, you have to change bus in Laoag and from there, Pagudpud is about 2.5 hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • winipooh's Profile Photo

by winipooh Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Thanks asianbelle. I clearly understand now.. That's a dilemma now. The airport I suppose is in Laoag. So i have no choice but to be in Laoag. However I really want to go to Vigan.. I heard there are great spots there. Anyways, thanks a lot.. greatly appreciated...

by asianbelle Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Yes, the airport is in Laoag. What time is your arrival? How many days will you be in Ilocos? Are you flying out too? If you can give specifics, I can help you with your itinerary.

by winipooh Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Thanks again asianbelle. I heard that there is airport in Vigan. I would prefer Vigan then. well, we will be there in September. I know it sounds far from now but my friend will still be coming from Korea. She needs to reserve ticket, etc... we will be there for 3-4 days. Yes we are flying out too..
    These are my plans:

1. Once in Laoag. we want to go to Fort Ilocandia, tabacalera musuem, Cape Bogeodor light house, Laoag museum, aurora park, sand dunes, sinking belltower, roquiza garden. I really don't know if those places are worth going to. pls let me know more or even what to remove from these places.I also need to know where to go first so i won't waste time and money. I also don't know where to stay for the night.

2. Next is Vigan maybe on that same day or the next day. We plan to go to Arce Ancestral Home, calle crisologo, vigan cathedral and house, paoay church and calesa ni Vigan. which place to go first? I want to buy marcia's delicacies. Any hotels recommendations are welcome..

3. On that same day or the next day, we plan to go to Laoag then to pagudpod. We will stay in Kapuluan resort. Usually they accept guest at 1. So before that we plan to tour the place like Bangui windmills, kabigan falls, agua grande, burgos lighthouse, white rocks, mountain resort and adams. I don't know if we can go to all these places before 1 pm. We want to spend the whole time in Kapuluan once we are checked in so ... the fee. or we paln to continue touring the place one we checked out. usually check out time is 12. I haven't still checked the plane timetable. I am afraid, the flight is in the early afternoon. if that's the case, we can't tour anymore after checking out..

Wow.. this is long.. Hope to hear from you..

by winipooh Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 4:47 AM

I don't know what happen... i don't know why there are three periods and not the word maximize. I mean, We want to stay in Kapuluan for the whole duration of that day so we can maximize the fee. It's kind of expensive that's why..

• marc09's Profile Photo

by marc09 Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Hi! This might help

Once you arrive in Laoag, I suggest you start your tour in Laoag going down to VIgan. On this tour, you can go to Fort Ilocandia, Sandunes, Laoag Centro(Laoag Musuem, Sinking Belltower, Laoag Church. Tobacco Monument). On your way to vigan, you can pass by Paoay lake, Malacanang of the North, Paoay church and dine at Herencia de Paoay where you can eat the pinakbet pizza. After Paoay, you go to Marcos Museum in Batac, then at Juan Luna Shrine in Badoc. After Badoc, then Bantay church, then finally you'll arrive in Vigan. Stay a night in Vigan, I suggest you stay in Villa Angela or Grandpas Inn. This tour will be more or less than 5 hours.

ON the next morning, tour around vigan, calle Crisologo, museums(crisologo, burgos, syquia mansion, arsobispado), plaza salcedo, plaza burgos, pottery, Baluarte and eat empanada. Half day is enought to tour Vigan. Then, you head back to Laoag via Partas or Farinas buses, approximately 2 hrs. At Laoag, there are buses going to Pagudpud. On the next day, try to hire a tour guide who will tour you around north of ilocos norte. They will bring you to Bangui windmills, Burgos lighthouse, patapat aqua paradiso, blue lagoon, etc.

by asianbelle Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 7:16 AM

The itinerary provided by Marc09 sums it up :) Just take note that Malacanang of the North is closed every Monday. On other days, it is open from 8am to 12nn and 1pm to 4pm.

BTW, I haven't heard of an airport in Vigan (or if there is, I don't think it's open to commercial flights). Thus you have to fly to/from Laoag. And since you're planning to go in September, check out the on-going 50% off promo of Cebu Pacific. Booking is from July 22 to 24, for travel from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30. Really low rates, I was able to book a RT to Coron (Palawan) for a little less than 1K.

• marc09's Profile Photo

by marc09 Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM

It was a commercial airport, now its only for private planes(of chavit, hehehe!). Cebu Pacific has promo, me and my wife will be going to davao, P2600 roundtrip for 2.

by winipooh Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Thank you again Asianbelle and Marc09. You both are angels. YOu have lessen my job, especially "thinking where to go and what to do part". Wow.. I am definitely going to check Cebu Pacific's offer.. IF you want to travel to Baguio, send me a message and I'll try to help you as possible as I can.. God bless to both of you^^

by winipooh Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM

OMG... The 50%off I missed it.. so sad.I should have logged in earlier... bummer..

by asianbelle Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

:( Check out also PAL's website. I got a notice from them last week though CebuPac's fares were a little lower.

by winipooh Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Hello Asianbelle and Marc09.. Do you know any Inns ar Hotels in Laoag? the cheaper the better. We might have to spend our night because the flight is usually in the afternoon.. Thanks a lot...

by asianbelle Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I had stayed at Texicano Hotel. Quite old and normally patronized by traveling sales people. There's another recommended in the forum, can't recall if it's Tiffany or Kimberly Hotel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Ilocos Norte Travel Answer Locations