Province of Ifugao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Medical/Health Insurance Question

Manila Yesterday

To the Expats and foreign students who live in the Philippines, I am researching what health/medical insurance company to sign up with, preferably US based, that will provide good and reliable coverage while a person is living in the Philippines. It appears there are quite a few companies out there. One I found that seems to have comprehensive coverage is GeoBlue. Anyone have any experience with GeoBlue? Any other companies that you had good (or bad) experience with? Thanks.

more
    • bminorca's Profile Photo

Taxis and ATMs at Manila airport

Manila 2 hours ago

Regarding Terminal 2 at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL)

1. Where is the official taxi booth?
      2. How does it work? Am I supposed to buy a coupon? Do they take credit cards?
      3. Is there an ATM at Terminal 2?

Thanks!

more
    • Good resort

Boracay Island Dec 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Do you know a good resort on Boracay, near station 1, 2 or 3 that is new? So maybe not yet on booking and agoda. The price around 75 dollar a night

Thank you

more
    • Directions going to Luna, La Union from Cubao, QC via Public Transpo (and vice versa)

Province of La Union Nov 29, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hello,

I would like to inquire for directions going to Luna, La Union from Cubao, QC if I'll take public transportation. I have inquired to Partas earlier and there is no direct route to Luna from Cubao, which means that I have to drop off in Balaoan. Also I would like to request for directions going back to Cubao. Please advise. Thank you!

more
    • sherese7's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Puerto Princesa

Palawan Dec 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Hey all, we are backpackers traveling to Palawan in late Jan. We land in the eve and are looking for a good place for 2 nights. Preferably a place with pool. We will spend up to $50ish per nite because we want comfort after a 27hr flight. (after that we will be back to backpacker budget) It would be ideal to find something in walking distance or bicycle to restaurants, beaches,etc.
      Can anyone help out with recommendations.
      Thanks SO much :)

more
    • audspice's Profile Photo

Hotel Henrico

Baguio City Dec 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Which is better - cleanliness and location - Kisad or Legarda?

more
    • monthly rental

Boracay Island Nov 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'd like to rent a room in Boracay mid February to mid March, I would like a private bathroom double bed and A/C don't really mind where it is as long as it's not too far away from the action, I hear when you pay in advance you can get a good discount, my budget is 30.000 pesos, would that be possible? Also any advice on how to find somewhere would be great!

more
    • victorcklau's Profile Photo

Villa Escudero

Manila Dec 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Anyone is planning to go Villa Escudero? I will be in Manila till Dec 30 and looking to join a tour group or private group (cheaper I think and more fun!). So if you (locals and foreigners) are planning such a trip, please let me know ... just me alone! Thanks! (Staying around Newport City, Manila.)

more
    • Shawn_tot's Profile Photo

Pets traveling to Baguio

Baguio Dec 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hi, is there any bus company that accepts small pets going to Baguio? I want to bring him for this holiday and enjoy the weather.

more
    • Hotel or Resort to Stay

Pagudpud Dec 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Hello po! I'm from San Fernando, La Union and we (friends) are looking for a place to stay in Pagudpud. Either resort or hotel na affordable. Our plan is to travel on 19th at 6PM and hopefully to arrive midnight at Pagudpud then check-in na. To further help me to decide,

Check-in sa Resort (maybe Saud Beach Resort) and stay for a day. Next day, check-out na and stop-overs na lang sa Bangui Windmills, Laoag hanggang makarating na ng SFC La Union.

Pa-advise naman po. Thank you!

more
    • medical care

Baguio Dec 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM

i will need to see a physician in baguio, where I plan to live and marry a local Filipina. I take two meds which will need a prescription in the Philippines, one a benzodiazepam type for OCD ant the other an opioid for chronic backpain and restless less syndrome. I cannot tolerate nsaids as I lost half of my kidney function on them. I tried to make an appointment at the clinic?/medical center? used Philippine doctor or a website of a similar name. I will run out of these meds soon after I arrive in early December. how hard is it to get a physician's appointment. I am a retired physician myself and realize it can be frustrating. thank you for your help. this is a great site, peter Dohan, md

more
    • WIKEND TRIP (DEC 27-28) LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION AND TOUR

Baguio Dec 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM

we are 3 couples looking for affordable cheap accomodation in baguio city,, and also is there any or somebody we can help us in our itinerary, we have places we want to visit,, thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

isolated Batanes islands in the philippines

Luzon Nov 27, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Has anyone traveled to the Batanes islands in the Philippines? What is it like up there for off-the-beaten path travelers?

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

jeep fare in manila

Manila Nov 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

How much is jeepney fare in Manila?

more
    • SAFETY for Tourist Butuan, Philippines

Butuan Nov 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I am a black male traveller. Thinking of visiting Butuan City, Many of my friends tell me that Mindanao is dangerous. Will Butuan be safe? Is this a good or bad decision to visit Butuan City? Should I avoid Butuan on my trip?

more
    • How to get to Anda

Bohol Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hello,

How knows the best/cheapiest way to travel from Tag airport Bohol to the east cost, Anda? We have a hotel there but the pick up service of the hotel is 3000 peso's. So that is al lot of money. Does anybody has a better idea?

Thank you

more
    • How much pocket money in peso/pound will I need, and can anybody recommend a cheap accomodation?

Vigan Nov 27, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Im planning to visit Vigan City between April/May 2015 for 2 nights... I'd just like to do some sight seeing with my boyfriend and eat out. Not looking to have an expensive stay as weve planned to see other places in the Philippines... Just trying to plan ahead and there is not much online about Vigan city prices etc... So if anybody can give me a rough idea on how much money I should take and if there are any b&bs or lodges that are at a reasonable price that will be great :)

more
    • Nuclear power plant

Province of Bataan Dec 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi, my question pertains to the batman nuclear facility.

I read on the Internet than you can take tours, however not much information is available.

Is it open 7 days a week ?

Can I turn up at entrance and buy a ticket or do I have to go on a pre arranged organised tour?

This and any other information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
      Tony.

more
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

best area to stay?

Manila Nov 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Im staying in Manila for 3-4 nights where is the best areas to stay for the first time visitor to the city, im looking for somewhere safe im a solo female traveller.

more
    • Health/Medical Insurance Question

Philippines Dec 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM

To the Expats and foreign students who live in the Philippines, I am researching what health/medical insurance company to sign up with that will provide good and reliable coverage while a person is living in the Philippines. It appears there are quite a few companies out there. One I found that seems to have comprehensive coverage is GeoBlue. Anyone have any experience with GeoBlue? Any other recommendations that you had good experience with?

Thanks

more
    • Where to go to avoid the typhoon?

Philippines Dec 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I'm in Oslob now after swimming with whale sharks which was awesome btw. I had planned to spend the next week on Cebu and Bohol then a few days on Boracay before flying home. So my question is I guess is there somewhere else in the Philippines I can fly to, from Cebu, to avoid it then fly back early next week? Somewhere with nice beaches and snorkeling would be good. N.B. I've already been to Puerto Galera. Lastly after seeing how low lying the land is around here I hope if the typhoon comes this way everyone will be ok as a storm surge would cause a lot of damage.

more

Popular Province of Ifugao Travel Answer Locations

• Nightbus from Banaue to Manila

Banaue Oct 28, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Are the any buses which solve the track at night except Ohyami?

2 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • Transportation fee

Banaue Apr 9, 2014 at 5:29 AM

how much would it cost for private transportation from manila to banaue??is it more than 24,800??
      I tried to ask some people in baguio city and they referred me to a driver that ask that amount. help me please. im going to banaue on 22nd of april,2014

11 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 2:30 AM
    • EllieM11's Profile Photo

banaue-sagada-baguio

Banaue Feb 11, 2014 at 6:20 AM

I am travelling alone from banaue to sagada to Baguio, I have 6 full days and nights to complete this trip and am travelling back to manila on the 7th day. I want to be able to do this trip for as cheap as possible but also wish to experience as much as possible! Could anyone reccomend how long to stay in each place and the activities to do there? It would be great to hear of your experience! Many thanks :)

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • NSMe's Profile Photo

Banaue to San Fernando La Union

Province of Ifugao Nov 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Can anyone give me some insight in how best to go from Banaue to San Fernando la Union. As I see now there seem to be two routes: Banaue-Baguio-San Fernando or Banaue-Bontoc-Tagudin-San Fernando

Which is best and which will be doable by public transportation during the day (so late night arrival at San Fernando probably)?

Hope someone can help me! :)

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • NB83's Profile Photo

travelling form banaue to Clark airport

Banaue Jul 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Hello , I am catching a flight at 11am at Clark and my last stop before it is Banaue. I have been told to come back to Manila from Banaue and then get a bus to Clark airport from Pasay station. However this means a lot of extra travel time. I need to be at Clark airport for around 9am on Sunday the 11th of August. I am looking to maximize my time in Banaue area, Thanks so much for any advice!:)

3 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    • URGENT! bus from banaue to manila - schedules and travel time

Banaue Mar 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Hi, what time does the florida bus leaves from banaue and what is the arrival time in manila?
      Is it operational every day?
      I m planning a flight at around 10 am from manilla....
      Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    • LozzyS's Profile Photo

Good walking/hiking boots

Banaue Jan 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Hi all, I'm planning on a 3-4 day hike around the rice terraces in June.

I hear this is rainy season but will still be hot; can anyone recommend what sort of footwear I will need and a decent (not too expensive) brand that do women's?

I'm currently torn between walking shoes, hiking shoes or full-on hiking boots. Not planning on doing anything too strenuous in terms of climbing, just a standard tour if possible.

Thanks in advance!

8 Answers Jan 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • belle_m's Profile Photo

Overnight Trip to Banaue

Banaue Aug 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Hi! Can you suggest activities for an overnight trip to Banaue? We will be coming from Sagada and we want to stay 1 night before we head back to Manila. We'll probably be arriving Banaue at around 11AM and leave for Manila around 1PM the following day. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    • Tour Operator

Banaue Apr 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with www.adventureboundasia.com? They have a tour to Banaue and Batad from Manila that seems to work well for me. I have limited time in Phillipines and don't want the hassle to arrange for everything myself. I'd appreciate any advice on this tour group or recommendation on any reputable and reasonble one.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    • Transportation to Banaue from Santiago City or Bagabag or Bayombong

Banaue Apr 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I need information on how to get to Batad/Banaue from Santiago City or Bagabag or Bayombong. How long would it take to reach Batad or Banaue? I would like to hire a car if it is not too expensive. Thanks a lot.

4 Answers Apr 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    • Is the florida nightbus from manila to banaue still in operation?

Banaue Jan 27, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could please help? i am trying to book the night bus from manila to banuae for 12th Feb? Does anyone know the contact details or if it is still operating? I have heard the route is not operational? Can anyone advise if this is the case and if there is an alternative bus that has a restroom on it?
      thanks.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    • Banaue-baguio-banaue trip

Banaue Oct 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

My friends and I are going to Banaue on Oct 29 2011. The problem is, they'll be ahead of me. They'll be leaving for Banaue on Oct 28 @9pm from Manila. SInce I still have nightshift on Oct28, so the earliest that I can leave would be 7AM on Oct29. Second, Ohayami bus has only two scheds on OCt29 : 9PM & 9.30PM (so sad). I am planning to take trips from Manila to Baguio from 7am, and from Baguio to Banaue, if possible even if that means that I would arrive in BATAD in the evening. I really want to go to BATAD. If I can't travel on that very day on Oct29, then I would have no chance as well of touring BATAD. My TOur will not be complete. Pls reply. Thanks !

7 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    • Can I take a bus from Clark Airport to Banaue?

Banaue Sep 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I will arrive Clark in night of 4 Nov, and I want to go to see the Rice Terraces. Can I take a bus?
      Hoping somebody's help. Thanks!

9 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    • madizon8's Profile Photo

first time to Banaue

Banaue Sep 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Hi there, my family and i would like to vist the Rice terraces on Dec. Whats the best way to get there from Manila and any good hotel and transportation. Thanks

15 Answers Oct 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    • paolodecastro's Profile Photo

Banaue Hotel

Banaue Aug 25, 2011 at 11:15 PM

how much is the standard room for one person in
      this hotel.....

any phone numbers...?

thanks

2 Answers Aug 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    • ayn_g's Profile Photo

Ohayami Bus to Banaue

Banaue Nov 17, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Hi. We're going to Sagada this weekend and we're taking the via Banaue route. We just found out that Autobus has stopped operation for the meantime and we were referred to take Ohayami Bus (its terminal is about two blocks away from Autobus terminal in Cayco St). Anyone here who tried taking Ohayami bus from Manila to Banaue? Are they okay (not prone to breakdowns on the road, leaves for banaue on time)? How long does it travel from Manila to Banaue? Is it 9hrs?

I'd also like to ask if there is an alternative to the 830am jeepney from Banaue to Bontoc? I'd like to be sure that we have a back up if in case we cannot take the 830am jeepney? I've read somewhere that there are also buses plying Banaue-Bontoc route, is this true? Where is the bus terminal in banaue? Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 24, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    • Advice on Banaue Itinerary

Banaue Oct 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM

We have planned the following itinerary for our Banaue part of the trip:
      This is for the week before Easter. So I assume it will be quite busy. Would really appreciate advice or comments

Thu: Take the Florida bus to Banaue at 10.45pm. Arrive Friday morning (How early in advance is the bus ticket bookable?). Register at tourist office and take either a jeepney or tricycle to the viewpoints and on to Batad. Stay at Hillview Inn if possible. Get a porter for our luggage and later hike to the village.

Next day early morning, start to hike to the waterfall, pick up our luggage afterwards and hike back to the Saddle. Arrange for transport back to Banaue at around 3pm and travel on to Uhaj Native Village Inn. Would we have to organise our return transport the day before? If so, how reliable are drivers to pick you up? Can it be arranged from Batad instead, maybe through the B&B? Also if we leave from the Saddle at 3pm, would we manage to get to the Uhaj Native Village Inn before dark?

Sunday: relax and explore rice terraces around the Inn, perhaps travel to Hapao and return to Manila on the 8 pm bus. Are we likely to encounter any difficulties getting seats on the return leg of the bus journey, if we try to book it as soon as we arrive in Banaue? I’m a bit concerned given it will be only a week before Easter. Is it not possible to book the return leg before setting out from Manila?

Are jeepnies for private hire readily available in Banaue?

I also have a question regarding the waterfall hike at Batad. If we set out after breakfast, do we have enough time to get to the waterfall and back up to the Saddle by 3pm? I know it’s only supposed to take an hour each way, but that surely depends on the hikers. I am reasonably fit and have done other major hikes such as the Inca trail and the W in Torres del Paine, but I am not too keen on heights and tend to take my time when descending any steep slopes or clambering over boulders. I don’t want to miss out on this though, as it looks fab. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    • Bus from Banaue to Manila

Banaue Oct 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM

hi all
      I've been reading some posts about how to get to the Rice Terraces. As far as I understand it we can get a bus from Manila to Banaue - this bus leaves Manila about 10.30/10.45 pm?
      I haven't been able to find a huge amount of information about the return journey and had a couple of questions:
      1. Do the buses go every day?
      2. What time is the return trip from Banaue to manila?
      3. Are there pitstops along the way (e.g. for food/restrooms etc.)

Many thanks!

5 Answers Oct 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    • Manila / Banaue

Banaue Aug 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Hi,

Can you make proposal for a 3 day trip in Banaue for 9 people ? Thanks

1 Answer Aug 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    • peluche35's Profile Photo

night bus from Banaue to Manila?

Banaue Jul 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Is it possible to take a night bus from Banaue to Manila?
      I've read that the Florida Bus leaves Banaue at 5:30 PM arriving Manila around 2:30 Am (That time doesn't suit me at all), What about the other carriers?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    • How can I get to Laoag (or Vigan) from Banaue?

Banaue Jun 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Hi trekkers,

We’re planning a trip around the Philippines this year, and need a little expert advice. Question is how would you get to Laoag from Banaue? We’ll be visiting the rice terraces and want to go to the sand dunes after. We’d even suffice for a route from Banaue to Vigan if there isn’t a good route to Laoag.

We are trying to avoid backtracking to Baguio or Manila. We’ve heard there’s a route from Banaue to Tuguegarao, and then onto Laoag, but that seems like it would be the long way around.

We’re looking for the quickest route. We’ll be traveling the week of Christmas too, if that changes anything.

Please include departure times, stations, phone numbers, anything you can.

Thanks for your help all!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    • will be in ifugao-sagada next week

Banaue May 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM

may 27-30 w/ 2 of my girlfriends you may join us.

3 Answers May 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    • Manila - Banaue - Sagada Trip

Banaue May 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I will be having few days Banaue and Sagada trip (4 or 5 days) between 1/6 and 5/6... Looking for companion if possible.... Anyway, I will fly from Singapore to Manila in 31/5 and plan to depart directly to Banaue on that night with night bus.

2 Answers May 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM
    • mightor20's Profile Photo

help on Banaue IT for 2 days

Banaue Apr 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM

will be going to banaue before election day, may 8 and 9. i heard batad trek takes almost a whole day so my saturday will be devoted to that. sunday is the one open. any tips? thanks.

8 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    • Does anyone here know how long will be the travel time from baguio to banaue??

Banaue Apr 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Does anyone here know how long will be the travel time from Baguio to banaue??
      thanks for your help..

1 Answer Apr 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    • olkin's Profile Photo

Banaue Itinerary Help

Banaue Mar 25, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am landing in Clark via Airasia about 4pm and hope to take the bus go to Baguio at that time. As I understand the bus goes around 5 hours, so I come to Baguio at about 10-11pm. Is it possible then to change the bus going to Banaue at night? Or do I need to sleep in Baguio and in the morning go to Banaue?

The problem is that i have only one day for Banaue. What is the best for me to see there?

Is there any night buses going from Banaue to Manila? If so when it arrives and how far is the bus terminal from the aiport in Manila? I’m choosing among 2 flights: one at 5.30am, other at 11.30am.

And the last question:). Is it safe to travel to Banaue alone? Or do I need to use a guide or to find a group of people to travel together?

Thanks in advance for answering!

10 Answers Mar 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    • peachappi's Profile Photo

Internet connection in Banaue

Banaue Mar 23, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Would anybody know if SmartBro mobile internet has a good signal in Banaue? I heard there are some internet shops in the town proper but I was thinking of bringing my own since most will close early anyway. Thanks in advance.

• Banaue to Sagada

Banaue Jan 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Do you have any info on the distance from Banaue to Bontoc in kilometers? It took us 3 1/2 hrs to drive by jeepney on a non-rainy day.
      Thanks

3 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    • orangevessel's Profile Photo

Going to Banaue tomorrow!

Banaue Jan 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Anyone here heading for Banaue tomorrow? I'm excited! Its my first time to go there.. How long is Batad from Banaue? and aside from Batad where else can we go to capture breath-taking views? thanks guys

3 Answers Feb 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • Cauayan to Banaue and V.V

Banaue Oct 11, 2009 at 7:01 AM

HI
      I am considering taking the flight from Manila to Cauayan and from Cauayan - to take a bus to Banaue
      I am looking for the bus schedule from Cauayan to Banaue and from Banaue to Cauayan so that I can book the flights according to it.
      If there is a car rental agency in Cauayan that has 4WD cars to rent -it might be even better.
      I will be glad to receive any information...
      Thanks
      Dganit