Province of British Columbia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vancouver on a ship

Vancouver Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

more
    • How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

Vancouver Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

more
    • Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

Whistler Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

more
    • DanB80's Profile Photo

car rental

Vancouver Island Apr 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Do I need to reserve a car in advance or are the deals better if I wait until I arrive?

more
    • Student season pass?

Whistler Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

more
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

Vancouver Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

more
    • Budget place for 4 to stay a 1or 2 nights in Victoria

Vancouver Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi we are planning to stay 2 nights in Victoria island. What is your suggestion for a budget place to stay in Victoria? We are 4 people with no cars. Thanks

more
    • How to entertain yourself in Vancouver

Vancouver Mar 19, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Heyhey,

In August I will be in Vancouver for a week with my boyfriend who is then at a congress. I will have to entertain myself this week because he will be busy every whole day. Are there any places/fora where I can meet people who would like to explore the city and surroundings with me?

more
    • 1st Kootenay visit

Kootenay National Park Mar 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I will be visiting Kootenay and surrounds for the first time the last week of June. I am an avid wildlife and nature photographer and can only find general info on locales. I enjoy getting up early and also love to hike but, not as far as I used to. :o) We are staying at Radium Hot Springs.

I am looking for wildlife hotspots, wildflower meadows and good places for closeups. Any good nighttime locations for the milky way. My habits range from broad scenics to macro, birds to mammals.

If you have any info that may help me with my itinerary, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

more
    • Vancouver Island (BC) or Olympic National Park (WA)

Vancouver Apr 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM

I am planning a trip to Western Canada in early june. I will only have 7 days to go from Vancouver, BC, to Seattle.

Therefore, I have two options to enjoy the place :
      - going to Vancouver Island (Pacific Rim :Tofino) from Vancouver and leaving to Seattle from Victoria, BC (with ferry)
      - or just crossing Vancouver Island to get to Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park (Vancouver -> Victoria and Victoria -> Port Angeles by ferries)

As I will be getting to Vancouver area from the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper), I am not especially looking for mountains in these coastal parks. I am more looking for oceans and rainforest instead. But I'm not sure which park would be the best option (Pacific Rim or Olympic National Park).

Can someone give me some advice? If you had to choose between both, which one would you visit?

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Looking for a place to stay

Victoria Mar 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Ciao tutti,

We are off on another adventure and will be calling Victoria home...this Friday! Any suggestions on cheap and clean places to stay that are I the city centre? Any members living there?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jenny

more

Popular Province of British Columbia Travel Answer Locations

• How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

Vancouver Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    • DanB80's Profile Photo

car rental

Vancouver Island Apr 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Do I need to reserve a car in advance or are the deals better if I wait until I arrive?

4 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    • Vancouver Island (BC) or Olympic National Park (WA)

Vancouver Apr 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM

I am planning a trip to Western Canada in early june. I will only have 7 days to go from Vancouver, BC, to Seattle.

Therefore, I have two options to enjoy the place :
      - going to Vancouver Island (Pacific Rim :Tofino) from Vancouver and leaving to Seattle from Victoria, BC (with ferry)
      - or just crossing Vancouver Island to get to Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park (Vancouver -> Victoria and Victoria -> Port Angeles by ferries)

As I will be getting to Vancouver area from the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper), I am not especially looking for mountains in these coastal parks. I am more looking for oceans and rainforest instead. But I'm not sure which park would be the best option (Pacific Rim or Olympic National Park).

Can someone give me some advice? If you had to choose between both, which one would you visit?

Thank you in advance!!

9 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

Whistler Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Vancouver on a ship

Vancouver Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Student season pass?

Whistler Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

4 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Vancouver Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

4 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Looking for a place to stay

Victoria Mar 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Ciao tutti,

We are off on another adventure and will be calling Victoria home...this Friday! Any suggestions on cheap and clean places to stay that are I the city centre? Any members living there?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jenny

11 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    • Budget place for 4 to stay a 1or 2 nights in Victoria

Vancouver Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi we are planning to stay 2 nights in Victoria island. What is your suggestion for a budget place to stay in Victoria? We are 4 people with no cars. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • 1st Kootenay visit

Kootenay National Park Mar 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I will be visiting Kootenay and surrounds for the first time the last week of June. I am an avid wildlife and nature photographer and can only find general info on locales. I enjoy getting up early and also love to hike but, not as far as I used to. :o) We are staying at Radium Hot Springs.

I am looking for wildlife hotspots, wildflower meadows and good places for closeups. Any good nighttime locations for the milky way. My habits range from broad scenics to macro, birds to mammals.

If you have any info that may help me with my itinerary, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • How to entertain yourself in Vancouver

Vancouver Mar 19, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Heyhey,

In August I will be in Vancouver for a week with my boyfriend who is then at a congress. I will have to entertain myself this week because he will be busy every whole day. Are there any places/fora where I can meet people who would like to explore the city and surroundings with me?

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • Whistler in May

Whistler Mar 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM

We were thinking of visiting Whistler May 3rd-6th, but are now having second thoughts. It appears the Peak 2 Peak Gondla will not be running, mountain top barbecue or sea to mountain train (some of the reasons we wanted to visit)
      I'm worried there will not be much to do? Are the bars and restaraunts still quite busy/open?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • W4lt0n's Profile Photo

RV or Motels and or Tips for BC

Province of British Columbia Mar 9, 2014 at 5:14 AM

My wife and I (early 60s, I originally from Scotland my wife from England but now living in Spain) looking to do a tour of BC and visit my namesake mountain "Jimmy Simpson" and the main attractions, or the best we can squeeze in in a 3 week window next year.
      Wondering whether RV hire is economical way to do part of the trip. Only at early stages of planning so any help or pointers would be appreciated.
      Looking to get the best experiences and sights both country and town.
      Thanks in anticipation for any responses.

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • CONDITIONS ON JULY 1

Mount Robson Provincial Park Mar 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM

What are the "general" conditions on July 1 of a normal year and chances of achieving Snowbird Pass??? (my first upcoming trip.....)Thanks

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • DuncanMurray's Profile Photo

Living in Whistler for a year

Whistler Mar 1, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Im planning on moving to Whistler for a year and was wondering what the opportunities were like for lodging (with a resident) and getting basic work (bar work etc assuming i get visas sorted) ?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • 7 DAYS IN WEST CANADA

Vancouver Feb 20, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Hello!! I am going to Canada next week and I would like to know for 7 days what is a must to see in Vancouver and also I would like to go to the Rocky Mountains.

Any tips for the itinerary?

Thans a million!

10 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • poppyfav's Profile Photo

Travel without a car

Victoria Feb 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM

My husband and I,two seniors, are staying in Victoria for the month of April.
      We would like to take a few days to see more of the island.
      Please can someone suggest a local tour company.
      Thankyou
      Jean.

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    • Lake Louise area or Canmore

Province of British Columbia Feb 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Planning a trip across the Rockies. Staying in Jasper for a few nights then driving the beautiful ice-fields parkway on to Lake Louise. Staying here and then making way back to Calgary to fly home. My dilemma is should we spend more time in the lake louise area and visit Banff from here then onto Canmore for an overnight before flying back from Calgary. OR spend more nights in Canmore also visiting Banff? Basically I suppose I am asking is there more to see and do (spectacular scenery) around Lake Louise area or around Canmore? Any advice greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Vancouver to Clearwater

Province of British Columbia Feb 13, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Any advice on where to stop over when driving from Vancouver to Clearwater ? Planning a trip in late August don't want to drive more than about 3 or 4 hours at a stretch. Where would be the best place to find a b&b for an overnight stop? Also best places to see enroute? .

5 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Coats in Vancouver

Vancouver Feb 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hi, I am moving to vancouver on Wednesday and i do not have a winter coat yet. Where would be the best place to buy one for under $300 in the downtown area.

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • How to travel to Butcart Gardens

Vancouver Island Feb 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Please advise on how to travel to Butcart Gardens from Vancouver. I will be arriving by cruise ship, and I only have a day.

3 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Have any other tourists had trouble taking out money in Vancouver?

Vancouver Feb 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

This happeneds every time we go to Vancouver. We have to go to several different ATMs or banks, before we finally find one that will let us take out Canadian money. A lot of stores will only take credit cards, but there are some places where you need cash, so we always like to have a little, but we always have problem taking out cash in Canada. And some places to not accept American money.
      I know thousands of Americans visit Canada everyday, and some how are able to pay for things, so maybe they know something I don't.
      I don't know if this is a problem in all of Canada, just big cities, or just Vancouver, but for some reason, banks and ATMs never let us take out Canadian cash.
      Does anyone else have this problem? If not, what do you do to take out Canadian currency? Because this is ridiculous. It wastes a lot precious time. Can you exchange your cash at the border?
      I have family in Vancouver, and they are some how able to get American money, but it's really difficult for us to get Canadian money.
      IDK. We've been to different countries in Europe, and all we do is slide our card, and enter our pin, and it gives us the local currency. IDK why this is always a problem in Canada.

9 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is Vancouver doing a Zombie Walk this year?

Vancouver Jan 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

They usually do them third Saturday in August. Are they doing one this year?

4 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • AaronG11's Profile Photo

Getting a job?

Whistler Jan 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

hey guys,
      I was wondering if its hard to find a job at whistler if i just rock up late november?

5 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • Skiing in mid April 2014 at Whistler?

Whistler Jan 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hi there,

Planning a trip atm for March / April 2014 - want to know is their still good snow in Whistler in mid April normally? Also, can anyone recommend an good ski schools and deals - accom / transfers /lift passes - thanks in advance!

MM

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • TamersonK's Profile Photo

Itinerary Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle

Vancouver Jan 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM

My husband and I (both late 50's) would like to fly into Seattle, WA, then visit Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino, and possibly Whistler this coming summer for about 10 days. We would probably only rent a car for day trips since we enjoy walking around and exploring the destination we are in. Amtrak and ferries would be fine. Since we are from Florida we would like to see glaciers and whales if that's possible. Any ideas for an itinerary and what is the best time to go?

16 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • Crossing border

Vancouver Dec 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

What is the best time to cross the border going either way. We will be driving up to Whistler from Seattle area on a Sunday and returning on a Saturday...specifically late Feb and early March. I have heard it can take a while. Thanks for any hints on this. U.S. citizens

7 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • Ucluelet accomodations.

Ucluelet Dec 29, 2013 at 5:53 AM

My wife and I are planning on spending 2 nights in your beautiful village middle of May. Would like some insider opinions on the best place to stay. We like clean, friendly, quiet, reasonably priced places. We are both in our 60's, love to hike, photography, and nature. We are not comfortable with fancy. frilly, chaotic or pricey. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated,

3 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    • Trip from Vancouver to Whistler

Whistler Dec 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Hey There...
      I´m plannig to go to whistler on january13th for a few days, to go snowboarding there and having a good time :)
      If anybody wants to join me, your very welcome....

Vanessa

• from Vancouver to Hudson's Hope

Hudson Hope Dec 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM

is there a flight or bus connection from Vancouver to Hudson's Hope? Thank you

3 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 6:23 AM