change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Province of British Columbia Travel Answer Locations

• Surf in VIctoria??

Victoria Mar 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Can you surf in VIctoria? This will be our first trip there.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 9:15 PM
    • glassstar's Profile Photo

Long Stay Hotels or Furnished Monthly Rental Apt/Condo

Victoria Feb 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Suggestions welcome for a place to spend a few weeks in order to research/visit the area with a view to relocating before winter 2015. Preferably walking distance to central areas, budget friendly by the month.

Anyone stayed at the Admiral Inn or the Royal Scot? How was it?

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 5:12 PM
    • Looking for accommodations on/near English Bay

Vancouver Feb 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Traveling from WA.,US for Canada Day fireworks + Granville marketplace, Stanley Park etc. Dates between July 27-31 or so.
      Any modest price (up to $120 @ night) place to stay-motel, hotel, B&B, vacation rental for 3-6 people.

4 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

Zip line in Whistler

Whistler Feb 3, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Heya

My partner and i are visiting Whistler, Canada for the first time, this will also be our first overseas trip. We will be there in July. We want to spend a day on the zip lines, my question is to anyone who has zip lined before and/or does anyone know how many there are and which ones are best? Ive seen there is an Eagle tour and a Bear tour, which can also be combined....if we book the combined tour does that include every zip line there is? Thankyou.

• Train Ride from Lilloeet to Seton Portage

Lillooet Jan 31, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Hi Friends.

We are thinking of taking the train ride from Lillooett to Seton. Planning to be there on a Friday so hoping to catch the 1030 am train.called the Kaoham shuttle.
      http://tsalalh.net/shuttle.html

we are planning to return via the the 2:30 pm train from seton but we were wondering what we can do for 3 hours at seton.

Has anyone taken this train before and would appreciate it if you have us some feedback.

thank you

1 Answer Jan 31, 2015 at 10:42 PM
    • What is the best phone reception for SIM card when travelling Rockies.

Vancouver Jan 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM

As usual when travelling to another country we need to purchase a sim card for our mobile phones. What company provides the best reception in remote areas such as Rockies. Whistler to Jasper and Banff.?

3 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • We will be driving from Whistler through to Jasper and staying overnight on way.

Kamloops Jan 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM

The question what is better, to stay at Kamloops or Sun Peaks. We will only be staying one night but is there more to see or do at Sun Peaks?

1 Answer Jan 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    • What is ideal location to base yourself for 3 night stay using public transport

Victoria Jan 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

We will be staying for 3 nights in Mid July, catching a ferry from Vancouver. What ferry terminal would we arrive at In Victoria and are there buses that travel into town. We basically want to do the tourist things e.g. Buchard Gardens, hop on hop off bus and sightseeing. What part of Victoria do you think we should stay?

6 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

1 week in Vancouver, overseas tourists

Vancouver Jan 5, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Partner and I are visiting US & Canada in June/July, first overseas trip from Australia. Would very much appreciate some feedback/tips on where to stay and what to do! We are spending 1 week in Vancouver...We would like to visit Whistler for the day, spend a day at Grouse mountain and do some walking around the city to see the sights...we are particularly interested in the arts/crafts and would really like to experience the culture and vibe of Vancouver, it looks wonderful...excited to experience something other than sunny Australia. Thankyou .

7 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • Itinerary/things to do

Vancouver Island Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14 AM

As will be seen from previous question we plan to visit end of June

Proposed itinerary - really need some helpful practical suggestions as to what to see/ferry routes

Depart Horseshoe Bay crossing to Nanaimo Bay - do we need to book this crossing as we will have a car??

Drive to Victoria - suggestions as to what to see greatly appreciated

Day 2 Circular tour from Victoria - Lake Cowichan - Port Renfrew - Sooke - Victoria - OK long day - Google calculates 4hr 29 264 KM - not so sure going on the coast via Sooke would have preferred to have cut back in through national park - or what looks like national park on map but showing no roads - may be the costal route is picturesque

Is it worth visiting Campbell River

Costing of inside passage from Port Hardy-Port Rupert seems horribly expensive and we simply can't afford it . Also we do not do small boats only major drive on ferries - so trips to islands would not be possible

Depart via Toll Bridge from Victoria to Port Angeles - any idea of fees as website seems ambiguous

Many thanks

7 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • Visitor attractions

Vancouver Dec 30, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Would appreciate some advice as to the pros and cons of the following attractions - we have a1/2 days in Vancouver and the following list might well have very similar exhibits - equally some of these might well be orientated to children rather than adults

Visit Kilby Historic site – quirky opening times - seems a little small
      Klahowya village in Stanley Park - presume that this is more of a craft village
      Britannia Village National Historic Site
      Gastown historic end of Vancouver
      London Heritage Farm Richmond -
      Burnaby Village Museum – MUST GO ON MONDAY AS MARKET = could this be a better option than Kilby Historic site

Plan to visit June/July - are there any aboriginal displays

Hoping someone can help - wishing everyone a Happy New Year albeit a little early. Thanx

3 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 3:00 AM
    • Car trip to Whistler, Jasper Banff etc

Vancouver Dec 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I am contemplating doing a car trip from Vancouver, stopping overnight at Whistler,Kamloops,Jasper, Lake Loiuse, Banff before finishing at Calgary where I will then fly on to Montreal and Quebec.
      What would be enough nights at Whistler,Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. I would definitely only be staying 1 night at Kamloops and Calgary. Would I only need 1 night at Banff, Whistler or Jasper. We are seniors and basically want to look at scenery and towns. No bush walks etc.

8 Answers Dec 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver Dec 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

9 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

2 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

7 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

5 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

21 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

7 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    • Road conditions

Whistler Oct 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Hello. My girlfriend and I are looking to possibly move to Pemberton or Squamish. I might be getting work in Whistler so I'm wondering if a small hatchback with winter tires is enough for daily trips during the winter months or is having a bigger vehicle a must?

Cheers!

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Transit, airport to downtown Victoria for family including one mobility challenged

Victoria Sep 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM

6 people travelling from airport, one uses electric travel scooter. He can get himself in/out of buses if there are rails to pull himself up. Scooter can be lifted into bus by family members. We are excited to be going to Victoria, but have more enthuiasm than money. There is so much we want to do, but taxi fares are out of the equation.
      We understand the 72x travels this route, takes approx. 1 hour?
      Questions, is there a better bus route we can take? Will we be able to use Victoria Transit with a disabled person? Are transit tickets sold at the airport. Thanks so much. My Email if needed: doingmybest007@gmail.com.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • BernadetteBevan's Profile Photo

Transfers from Vancouver Airport YVR to Kamloops

Kamloops Sep 26, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Hi - I'm travelling from the UK to Kamloops via Vancouver. I cannot afford the additional cost of flying from YVR to Kamloops. I also don't drive so car hire is out of the question. I understand there is a Greyhound depot in Vancouver (about 45 mins from the airport) but that seems impractical to get to as I will have luggage.

My friend who usually collects me and drives me to Kamloops has a car but it will be out of action for the winter. There are no trains on the day that I arrive in Vancouver and as it's an 8 hour journey it feels unnecessarily long after a 9 hour flight from the UK.

I have had a quick look at private companies who will drive you but the price is well in excess of $600.

Can anyone suggest an alternative way to travel to Kamloops that isn't going to cost me the earth? I'm arriving in Vancouver at 14:20 on 13th November and flying back to the UK on 20th November at 16:05.

Thank you in advance. :)

7 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    • General information about organic food

Vancouver Sep 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hi there,

I just moved to Vancouver, Canada and i'd like to know the cheapest options to shop for healthy organic food. I've been told the main options are CSA (community supported agriculture) where they pay to join to support farmers and in turn get a box of fresh vegetables every week. Another option is the organic retail shops (maybe a bit pricey but I live in Coquitlam (suburb) so maybe there is a shop nearby? I don't know. Also there are farmers markets however many shut down passed October. Unless i can find a winter market i may need to find other sources. An idea that really appeals to me is driving around the fraser valley looking for road signs (i.e fresh eggs, vegetables) and buying direct from the residents (backyard chickens, etc..). However i don't know how common this is near Vancouver. In Australia, it was based on the honour system, boxes of eggs and a suggested donation box. What do you think?

10 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • looking for art gallery wine events in Vancouver

Vancouver Aug 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for art gallery wine events in Vancouver. I have visited many art galleries in Europe and New Zealand where an artist is showcased and members of the public are invited like an open house inside the gallery where they meet and greet the artist and other members of the public. Sort of like a mingling conversation where people stand around looking at art and drinking complimentary wine (in disposable cups). Anything like that in Vancouver? Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • AJLabrentz's Profile Photo

driving to Beniz campground

Chilko Lake Aug 19, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Should I try it in my 2006 Hyundai Sonata, in September 2014?

• short visit

Powell River Aug 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Where are the neat curio shops? Traveling by motorcycle so space is limited.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    • Campfires?

Nitinat Lake Aug 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I am planning to camp at Nitinat Lake next week and really need to know if campfires are allowed. There is a ban virtually everywhere else other than the fog zone on the west coast and the BC Parks website does not have a fire ban banner on the park but info is ambiguous on fire restrictions.

Anyone who has been there in the recent past, details would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • Big tribune bay

Hornby Island Aug 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Do people go nude on big tribune bay beach too?

• Places to stay

Vancouver Aug 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I am traveling to Vancouver but will only be there for 2 days. I am also traveling there alone. I am looking for a safe area that is within walking distance from most sites and public transportation. I intend to go to Grouse Mountain and Stanley Park at a minimum. I am looking at the Metropolitan on Howe Street, the Opus on Davie Street in Yaletown and the Marriott Residence Inn on Hornby. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

10 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 10:52 PM
    • Christmas dinner

Whistler Aug 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM

We will be spending Christmas in Whistler this year and would like to have a traditional Christmas dinner (doesn't need to be buffet) either on the 24th or 25th. I wonder if anyone can recommend a good venue that is not too expensive for our family of 5 (including our 3 teenage boys). Of course, I'm aware Whistler and not-expensive don't go along too well, but I thought I should try digging around a bit. Many contributors have suggested Fairmont in other threads, but we would like somewhere cozy as it's our first Christmas spent overseas.