change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

West End Vancouver Area Inquiry

Vancouver 22 hours ago

Staying at Best Western Sands in West End Vancouver during end of Sept/Oct……
      What type of area would this be…. going on cruise and then staying 3 extra days to ride motorcycles (couples) around Vancouver country…. Is the West End a nice place to stay? …. (from Texas…lol)

more
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

How to get from BC ferry at horseshoe Bay to downtown on the waterfront Vancouver

Vancouver Jul 25, 2015 at 9:18 PM

We are coming over from Nanaimo on the BC ferries to horseshoe Bay. We will not have a car with us. How do we get from horseshoe Bay to the waterfront area of Vancouver? Are there buses, is it feasible to take a taxi what is the best way to do it

4 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 10:14 PM
    • StephMayo's Profile Photo

Fairmont or Mountain work?

Whistler Jul 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie to Whistler and will be coming for both this coming winter (arrive late October) and staying on to do a Summer.
      Because I've never been there I don't know what jobs are considered better. I have been offered work in the guest services area of the Fairmont as well as working for the mountain in retail.
      Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on whether Fairmont has a good reputation for being a good place to work, Ok pay etc? Just trying to weight it up against the pros of working for the mountain and getting a season pass etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    • Travelling to Victoria.

Vancouver Jul 14, 2015 at 2:47 AM

What is the most practical way to get to Downtown Victoria from Downtown Vancouver with suitcases/

6 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    • Best and reasonable price mode of travel from Vancouver International airport to downtown .

Vancouver Jul 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM

We will be arriving about 7.30am at the International Airport. Are taxis expensive from airport to downtown Vancouver. (Best Western 718 Drake Street) or are shuttle buses better. I know train would be cheapest but because of suitcases would have to probably walk several books with them? What is best

5 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:59 AM
    • Hotel tips

Vancouver Jul 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM

looking for reasonably priced hotels in the cruise port area of Vancouver BC?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    • Trip around North America

Vancouver Jun 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM

I am taking a trip of about 4-5 weeks in July-August, with my wife. I will be driving from Florida to San Diego, Vancouver, Montreal and back to Florida. We will be tenting in Federal and State/Provincial campgrounds mostly, with a mix of motels and cabins, friends and family.

In 1976 we did a similar trip from Montreal to San Francisco, Mexico City, Houston and back with our three children and in 1978 we did another another one again from Montreal to Los Angeles, El Paso and back. Our visiting the Northwest has been postponed until now. I have had my fair share of traveling, but most of it was done prior to the internet and its wonderful opportunities to learn and communicate.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to publish a log of the trip while making it, what campgrounds to take, "don't miss" nearby locations and any other comments that may be applicable.

I have posted a map to my Google Drive, but don't know how to make it available here for comments and suggestions.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me.

18 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • accommodation at gang ranch

Gang Ranch Jun 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Where is the nearest accommodation for the gang ranch? What are the tourist attractions in the area

4 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 9:06 PM
    • Where do I leave my clothes when going to the wreck beach

Vancouver May 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM

hi, this is a question that came to my head and I was surprised that no website answers the question of where to put the clothes when on the wreck beach. I haven't been to the Wreck beach before. I plan to visit there soon next month and stroll the beach in the nude. If I drive, is it fine to leave them in the car and be naked during the walk to the beach? What do folks who take the public transport do? Are there lockers to rent? Should I be worried that they can get stolen if I just leave them on the beach and stroll from end to end?

May be I am concerned over nothing and there may a practical solution to it but I rather be prepared than sorry.

Thank you,
      Annie

3 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    • Activities for 9 year old granddaughter

Victoria May 18, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My 9 year old granddaughter will be traveling with me for a Grandma/Granddaughter trip in a few weeks, staying in the Inner Harbor area. I've been to the area several times with my husband and am familiar with the regular spots; fisherman's wharf, Beacon Hill Park, Royal BC Museum,Empress Tea Room, Parliament Bldg.,etc. Would like some suggestions for some unusual things to do that would be of interest to a 9 year old who loves art, music, history. We will have 3 full days and will have a car. Any festivals happening the week of May 25?

1 Answer May 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Area related to Port

Vancouver May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Can someone please tell me what area the Port is located? North, south?? We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise and staying a few after to rent motorcycles…. Looking to stay in a nice area but somewhat close to catch our boat

Thanks a bunch wheretonext...

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

arriving may 2015

Queen Charlotte May 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM

hey
      me and my girlfriend are coming up from vancouver for a week end of may, whats the best way to travel around?
      thanks

• Qualicum Beach Accommodations Recommendations Wanted

Qualicum Beach May 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a place to stay in Qualicum Beach for 2 fairly quiet adults--something comfortable not too pricey--pool, close to beach, firepit, kitchenette...would be nice

1 Answer May 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    • I am searching for a house-boat to rent or a great hotel on the waterfront of Victoria

Victoria Apr 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Is here anybody who knows a great houseboat that I could rent or maybe a fancy Hotel directely on the waterfront in Victoria !?
      Thank you very much !

3 Answers May 7, 2015 at 10:29 PM
    • Sky train fines

Vancouver Apr 19, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Do sky train fines get erased after a certain time,statute of limitations? Thanks

4 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM
    • Sandypaws3's Profile Photo

best taxi company?

Victoria Apr 13, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I have been researching means of getting to the airport from Victoria BC. I have looked at the reviews of 3 taxi companies, and the reviews aren't very helpful because one will rate a *****, and the other will only a *. I usually throw out the highest and lowest, but in this case, they are all either extreme. I usually like the Yellow Cab, but reviews have not been good. Neither have the ones for Blue Bird Taxi or Victoria Taxi. Which one would you use?? Thanks!

Sandy

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 9:07 PM
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

VT Mini Meet October 2015

Vancouver Apr 3, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Expressions of Interest wanted :o) We will be in Vancouver early October and would love to meet up with some locals.
      So far we have Ann75, the_dutchman, YVRDave and Darby 2 interested in saying hello.
      We are staying at the Granville Island Hotel and I guess the best place on Granville Island would be the Dockside Seafood Restaurant.
      So my question is, which date is more suitable, dinner on Friday 9th October?..... lunch/dinner on Saturday 10th October?
      We would love to include a bit of a photo shoot on the river. Maybe some boat light trails or time-lapse photography, or nice night light photos :o)
      So, who's interested?... and which day suits you the best?
      Hope to see you all there!
      Hugs, Ann and Howie xx

11 Answers Apr 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    • Surf in VIctoria??

Victoria Mar 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Can you surf in VIctoria? This will be our first trip there.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 9:15 PM
    • glassstar's Profile Photo

Long Stay Hotels or Furnished Monthly Rental Apt/Condo

Victoria Feb 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Suggestions welcome for a place to spend a few weeks in order to research/visit the area with a view to relocating before winter 2015. Preferably walking distance to central areas, budget friendly by the month.

Anyone stayed at the Admiral Inn or the Royal Scot? How was it?

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 5:12 PM
    • Looking for accommodations on/near English Bay

Vancouver Feb 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Traveling from WA.,US for Canada Day fireworks + Granville marketplace, Stanley Park etc. Dates between July 27-31 or so.
      Any modest price (up to $120 @ night) place to stay-motel, hotel, B&B, vacation rental for 3-6 people.

4 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

Zip line in Whistler

Whistler Feb 3, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Heya

My partner and i are visiting Whistler, Canada for the first time, this will also be our first overseas trip. We will be there in July. We want to spend a day on the zip lines, my question is to anyone who has zip lined before and/or does anyone know how many there are and which ones are best? Ive seen there is an Eagle tour and a Bear tour, which can also be combined....if we book the combined tour does that include every zip line there is? Thankyou.

• Train Ride from Lilloeet to Seton Portage

Lillooet Jan 31, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Hi Friends.

We are thinking of taking the train ride from Lillooett to Seton. Planning to be there on a Friday so hoping to catch the 1030 am train.called the Kaoham shuttle.
      http://tsalalh.net/shuttle.html

we are planning to return via the the 2:30 pm train from seton but we were wondering what we can do for 3 hours at seton.

Has anyone taken this train before and would appreciate it if you have us some feedback.

thank you

1 Answer Jan 31, 2015 at 10:42 PM
    • What is the best phone reception for SIM card when travelling Rockies.

Vancouver Jan 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM

As usual when travelling to another country we need to purchase a sim card for our mobile phones. What company provides the best reception in remote areas such as Rockies. Whistler to Jasper and Banff.?

4 Answers May 25, 2015 at 2:26 PM
    • We will be driving from Whistler through to Jasper and staying overnight on way.

Kamloops Jan 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM

The question what is better, to stay at Kamloops or Sun Peaks. We will only be staying one night but is there more to see or do at Sun Peaks?

2 Answers May 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • What is ideal location to base yourself for 3 night stay using public transport

Victoria Jan 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

We will be staying for 3 nights in Mid July, catching a ferry from Vancouver. What ferry terminal would we arrive at In Victoria and are there buses that travel into town. We basically want to do the tourist things e.g. Buchard Gardens, hop on hop off bus and sightseeing. What part of Victoria do you think we should stay?

6 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

1 week in Vancouver, overseas tourists

Vancouver Jan 5, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Partner and I are visiting US & Canada in June/July, first overseas trip from Australia. Would very much appreciate some feedback/tips on where to stay and what to do! We are spending 1 week in Vancouver...We would like to visit Whistler for the day, spend a day at Grouse mountain and do some walking around the city to see the sights...we are particularly interested in the arts/crafts and would really like to experience the culture and vibe of Vancouver, it looks wonderful...excited to experience something other than sunny Australia. Thankyou .

7 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • Itinerary/things to do

Vancouver Island Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14 AM

As will be seen from previous question we plan to visit end of June

Proposed itinerary - really need some helpful practical suggestions as to what to see/ferry routes

Depart Horseshoe Bay crossing to Nanaimo Bay - do we need to book this crossing as we will have a car??

Drive to Victoria - suggestions as to what to see greatly appreciated

Day 2 Circular tour from Victoria - Lake Cowichan - Port Renfrew - Sooke - Victoria - OK long day - Google calculates 4hr 29 264 KM - not so sure going on the coast via Sooke would have preferred to have cut back in through national park - or what looks like national park on map but showing no roads - may be the costal route is picturesque

Is it worth visiting Campbell River

Costing of inside passage from Port Hardy-Port Rupert seems horribly expensive and we simply can't afford it . Also we do not do small boats only major drive on ferries - so trips to islands would not be possible

Depart via Toll Bridge from Victoria to Port Angeles - any idea of fees as website seems ambiguous

Many thanks

8 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    • Visitor attractions

Vancouver Dec 30, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Would appreciate some advice as to the pros and cons of the following attractions - we have a1/2 days in Vancouver and the following list might well have very similar exhibits - equally some of these might well be orientated to children rather than adults

Visit Kilby Historic site – quirky opening times - seems a little small
      Klahowya village in Stanley Park - presume that this is more of a craft village
      Britannia Village National Historic Site
      Gastown historic end of Vancouver
      London Heritage Farm Richmond -
      Burnaby Village Museum – MUST GO ON MONDAY AS MARKET = could this be a better option than Kilby Historic site

Plan to visit June/July - are there any aboriginal displays

Hoping someone can help - wishing everyone a Happy New Year albeit a little early. Thanx

3 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 3:00 AM
    • Car trip to Whistler, Jasper Banff etc

Vancouver Dec 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I am contemplating doing a car trip from Vancouver, stopping overnight at Whistler,Kamloops,Jasper, Lake Loiuse, Banff before finishing at Calgary where I will then fly on to Montreal and Quebec.
      What would be enough nights at Whistler,Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. I would definitely only be staying 1 night at Kamloops and Calgary. Would I only need 1 night at Banff, Whistler or Jasper. We are seniors and basically want to look at scenery and towns. No bush walks etc.

8 Answers Dec 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver Dec 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

9 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

2 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM