Province of Batangas Travel Answers

change location
danaiskra's Profile Photo

How to Commute to Laiya

by danaiskra Online Now May 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Hi all, could anyone there help?
I need to know how to commute from Manila to Laiya..
I was told to catch a bus going to San Juan Batangas then take a jeep to Laiya (pretty broad directions huh?)

Anyone there who can share what landmarks to look out for? curfew/ timing of jeepneys? other details? thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: How to Commute to Laiya

by cyndymc Online Now May 14, 2009 at 7:29 AM

I haven't personally tried to commute going to Laiya; we go to the resorts by private car, but I make it a point to always ask locals how they commute from Manila. This is what I've written in my travel notebook...

1) Take a bus (Jackliner, Tritran, BLTB, Jam, Alps, etc.) from Manila to Lipa City. Depending on traffic situation, your travel time will take about 1.5 hours

2) Get off at Bus Terminal which is very near McDonalds, Jollibee, and Shakey’s.

3) From there, take a tricycle to the jeep terminal located at the City Market

4) Take a jeep bound for San Juan, Batangas. (Approximately 45 minutes)

5) Get off at San Juan Town Market, then take a jeep to Laiya.

Are you going to a resort? It will help if you know the exact address of your destination so you can ask the driver if his jeep will pass right infront of it, or if you stil have to take a tricycle.

I hope this helps :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • danaiskra's Profile Photo

by danaiskra Online Now May 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM

wow, that's really great info. thanks so much!
    i'll be going to kabayan. although the rest of my group is going there with a private vehicle, i can't go with them coz i can't leave manila same time as they are. so i'm "making habol", that's why i'm commuting.
    somebody told me though jeepneys heading to laiya might be up until 5 pm only... do you know what options i have (if any) if i miss the jeep? are there tricycles at night?

i appreciate your responses!

by cyndymc Online Now May 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Oh, that, I don't know anymore, but I guess tricycles will be available after 5pm, as in other towns. If Kabayan has a contact no. or email adrs, maybe you can ask them up to what time tricycles & jeeps ply their route, or if they have a service vehicle to pick you up at the terminal...or is it possible to request an officemate with a vehicle to pick you up if there are no more tricycles/jeeps?

by cyndymc Online Now May 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Hey Dana, looks like you really have to go early if you'll commute:( I asked a photo buddy who has been to Kabayan. The jeeps ply the route only from 6am to 5pm, and there is no more any means of public transportation going there beyond that time.

• danaiskra's Profile Photo

by danaiskra Online Now May 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM

oh geezz.. cge, i'll ask my companions if they can pick me up na lang from the town proper.
    That's really helpful! Thanks so much!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Batangas Travel Answer Locations