Province of Alberta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation

Cold Lake Aug 12, 2014 at 3:18 PM

If I drive with a friend to Cold Lake on Thursday, how can I get back to Calgary on Friday as she is staying in Cold Lake for a few days? Is there bus service, plane, and what is the least expensive?
      Thanks

5 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

things to do

Edmonton Aug 12, 2014 at 5:05 AM

I will be I edmonton Canada from 8/28-9/2/14. any suggestion for must do? Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • 27yr old backpacker - where's the best base or place to meet other travellers!

Banff National Park Aug 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Travelling to canada at the end of August and hoping to meet other travellers to then explore Banff and jasper with! Can anyone recommend a good tour agency, or a hostel base where I will meet more backpackers doing the same :)
      Thanks in advance for any info

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 3:16 AM
    • Elbow Valley : Activities and its near by place to visit ?

Drumheller Aug 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM

What all activities we can do in Elbow valley ?

• 4 nights in Banff and Jasper. Comments please

Banff Jul 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will be leaving for this wonderful are in a week time. I am able to come up with itinerary based on some past reviews and posts. I will be doing camp tenting and campsites are already booked. I am facing difficulty in filling places in correct order. This will be my only once in a lifetime trip, so I do not want to skip major points. We are not much into hiking.
      Day-1 Reaching Calgary at 12. Pick car and and leave for Lake Louise. Overnight stay at Lake Louise Campground. Same day Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.
      Day-2 Yoho NP, Emerald Lake, Natural Bridge, Wapta Falls, Takakkaw Falls. Will I have time to go further on Trans-Canada and see some more places ? Back to Lake Louise campground and night stay.
      Day-3 Packup and head to Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Icefields Parkway tour by Brewster, Maligne Canyon (or Mt. Edith Cavell), Medicine Lake, Athabasca Falls. Overnight stay in Wapiti campgrounds.
      Day-4 Packup tent and leave for Banff, Vermillion Lake. Overnight at Two Jack Campground.
      Day-5 Lake Minnewanka boat tour. I will have return flight at 7 in evening. What else I can see on this full day ?
      Really need help to plan.

• A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

8 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • Car Parking

Jasper National Park Jul 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM

We are thinking of staying in a hotel just outside of Jasper and driving in to the national park and then hiking from there. Is this a possibility? I have tried to research places to park a car for the day in Jasper and the costs associated with that but i haven't been successful. Any advice or help with car parking facilities would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • A short trip to Vancouver/Banff/Jasper. Suggestions ???

Jasper National Park Jun 27, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hi.....

I will be flying in Vancouver in July end and want to visit Banff and Jasper too. I am trying to figure out best possible use of my short time. Please check, if this looks ok.

Wednesday - Reaching Vancouver in evening and overnight stay.
      Thursday - Pick rental car. Full day at Vancouver. Overnight stay. (Still needs to check places to see)
      Friday - Leave Vancouver in morning towards Jasper. Overnigh stay at Jasper. (Which route should I take ? Toll road should save some time ? Or I should go via Revelstoke, Golden, Lake Louise ? This will give me some backtrack to and from Jasper) (OR, if it way long distance, where should I break my this long day ?)
      Satuday - Full day at Jasper NP, Icefield parkway. Overnight stay at Jasper.
      Sunday - Jasper to Banff NP. Around area and overnight at Banff NP.
      Monday - Half day at Banff and leave for 8 PM flight from Calgary.
      Really need help to make my itenerary

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • clothing essential s for Calgary and Banff in early september

Calgary Jun 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I'm going to Canada September 9th. Never been before and I'm really not sure what to pack. I'm so used to British weather . rain!!! Can anyone help
      Helen xx

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    • 8 Day Itinerary September 1-8

Banff Jun 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hello,

My wife and I are arriving in Calgary from California on August 31. We will drive to Banff and I'm looking for advice on how to go about visiting Banff and Jasper National Parks. Should we locate in Lake Louise area and stay put, driving to Banff area and Jasper area for day trips? Or should we move our lodging around, staying some in Banff, some in Lake Louise and some near Jasper.
      Any advice from those in the know would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

Ken

5 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • eoberman's Profile Photo

Columbia icefields

Jasper Jun 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

In trying to plan out our itinerary, can somebody suggest how much time we will need to tour the glacier. We were thinking of taking the tour of the glacier our drive back from Jasper to Banff. I've heard that it could take up to 3 hours to take a tour of the glacier but I wasn't sure if that was realistic.

6 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Maligne Lake Tour

Jasper Jun 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Can anybody make suggestions about seeing Maligne lake. As it will be our first time there, is there a particular time of the day to do a boat tour of the lake and Spirit Island to get the best views/photos. I've heard not to do the tour in the morning as the views are not as stunning, but I don't know if that's actually true.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Restaurants with a view

Lake Louise Jun 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM

We are going to be heading to the Canadian Rockies in a few weeks and was wondering when we go to Lake Louise if you would recommend any particular restaurants with a great view/outdoor seating of the surroundings?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • Need to contact Mountain top souvenir shop in Banf

Banff Jun 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Can someone help me find the phone number of the Mountain Tops shop. It is a Souvenir shop in Banf and has the address
      HDS 7224

1. 0888219

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Need to contact Mountain top souvenir shop in Banf

Banff Jun 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Can someone help me find the phone number of the Mountain Tops shop. It is a Souvenir shop in Banf and has the address
      HDS 7224

1. 0888219

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • Banff - and Jasper?

Banff Jun 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM

We have 4 nights in the Canadian Rockies (July 18-22),coming up from Glacier NP, and will be heading over to Vancouver afterwards.
      We have two young boys, aged 1 and 3, so have to be conscious of amount of time spent in the car, and am wondering: should we include Jasper, or just focus on Banff?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Jasper National Park

Jasper National Park May 28, 2014 at 5:35 AM

We are spending 6 days in Jasper National Park - is there a weekly pass that we can purchase - how do we obtain it and costing. Website says that it is possible to purchase this but reverts back to daily rate when you go on to passes

Many thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Hotel comparison

Waterton Lakes National Park May 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

We are planning on either the Alpine Village (a cottage with a King bed) or Bear Mt. Inn (a room with two queen beds) for two nights in early June. We are two seniors, and we like a clean, quiet room with a good bed. We don't need fancy, but we like to watch TV at night and relax in a room that does not feel creepy. Any thoughts from you would be appreciated!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • Hotel comparison

Waterton Lakes National Park May 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I am waffling between Bear Mountain and Aspen Village. We are two active seniors. We like clean, quiet, a good bed, decent TV. The most updated interior would be preferred....not fancy, just newer furnishings. Debating between a room with two queens at BM and a one king bed cottage at AV. Thank you!

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Visiting Banff with a 22-month old - thoughts/tips?

Banff Apr 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM

We'll be flying into Calgary, renting a car and driving to Calmore where we'll probably stay for about 5 nights so that we can make day trips to surrounding places such as Three Sisters, Lake Louise, Banff, and the many others.

I've never been to this part of Canada before and am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice on doing this sort of vacation with a just-under 2 year old. We'll be staying away from horeseriding and other things we can't take part in with her, and want to stick to easy-walking stuff where she could be in a stroller, such as the hike around Lake Louise, strolling around Banff, etc.

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Best time for wildflowers

Banff National Park Apr 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Our summer/fall is open. What's the best time for wildflowers in Canadian Rockies and best time for clear skies? I realize the latter is very unpredictable!

4 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • calgary trains

Calgary Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

how much fare does it cost if I ride from Marlborough station to chinook station?

3 Answers May 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • Fuel stops/Rest Stations

Jasper National Park Apr 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM

We are driving the Trans Canadian Highway from Canmore to Jasper in the middle of June. I have been trying to find out rest stations/fuel stations enroute. The only ones I can see are: Hardisty & Deadmans Flat. Someone has mentioned that there is one at Skatchewan Crossing and that it is expensive. Whilst we will start with a full tank of fuel it would be nice to know in advance where the next fuel station is in case we hit traffic. We intend taking a picnic with us but need comfort stops - which are the best stations and the ones to avoid

Many thanks

9 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • Hot Springs

Jasper National Park Apr 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Given that there are 3 hot springs within the par - Banff Hot springs, Radium & Miette which is the best - we could do either of them - more interested in the scenic views. We will be there 22 June until 1st July - will it be warm enough outside in a swimsuit?

Any other addition advice for a newbie visiting Canada for the first time much appreciated. Driving from Canmore through to Jasper on the Canadian Trans high way and looking forward to it. Trying to sort out fuel stations en route - any recommendations please?

Many thanks

4 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Jasper Itinerary

Jasper National Park Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I'm celebrating the big 60 - so I want to make this day special towards the end of June

Planned itinerary: Hotel is in Patricia Ave Jasper

Early trip on Parkfields Iceway - first trip out! continue to Maligine Canyon - Google puts this round trip as 56 minutes - then approx. 2 hours for Parkfields Iceway

Then head in the opposite direction to Moose Lake, Berg Lake - OK I accept we have to come back into Jasper first as Moose Lake is in exactly the opposite direction. Google maps puts this at 54 minute drive

We tend to leave the hotel at about 8am, arrive back by 8pm having eaten and head straight to bed - case of seeing as much as we can - we adjust itineraries on the day as some places are too far. I might be 60 but I'm super charged and have been know to wear my sons out with our previous sightseeing!!

Evening meal: yes I want something nice but restaurant prices seem horribly expensive - could possibly take in lunch instead - thinking of Downstream Restaurant or Jasper Brewing Company - both seem to have reasonably priced food with a fairly decent selection. We can't afford to go too much upmarket as we're on a budget.

Plan to do Lake Louise Lake Bow and others from Canmore

Hoping someone can make my big 60 special! Thanks

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • Patricia Lakes Bungalows

Jasper National Park Mar 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I've never been to Jasper.
      For the summer I booked a cabin for 4 at Patricia Lakes Bungalows. It is the newly built "Pyramid Cabin". On the whole Internet I cannot find any outside pictures of this cabin. Even the reception at the Bungalows told me they don't have any outside pictures.

Did any of you spend a vacation there and can at least describe the Pyramid Cabin?

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • Allisonduro's Profile Photo

Living and working in Banff

Banff Feb 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Hey, Ive been traveling the last 8 months primarily through Asia and now in Europe. Im from Montreal Canada and am heading back home in April but have been rethinking living in Montreal. I have always wanted to travel to Alberta as im big on hiking,camping and snowboarding but have never had the opportunity. I lived in Vancouver during the Olympics for 4 months and never had a chance to go to Alberta. How easy would it be to get a descent job? Im a 28 year old female that has loads of work experience including retail managing and insurance at Standard life. I also Have a bachelors degree in Human Relations.

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    • Distances-Calgary-Banff-Norquay Ski- calgary (YYC Airport)

Calgary Feb 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi
      Can members pls let me know a good safe time for the following distances by car. I am from texas so what would be worst safest time I should consider based on current weather ( Fri & saturday Feb 22,22)

Calgary YYC to Banff
      and
      Norquay Ski Resort to Calgary YYC

Day time driving this friday/ saturday

3 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM