Province of Albay Travel Answers

change location

visit to albay

by Tholitzventura Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I am a singaporean and ofen visit Manila. I wish to visit Legaspi City.
Can you tell me some informsation please:

1) Where in Manila can I take the bus for my onward journey
2) How much is the fare, how long is the trip
3) any reasonable hotel in he city.

In anticipation I thank you and awaiting your kind response.

Happy weekend.

Cheers,

Tholitz

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: visit to albay

by asianbelle Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 6:18 AM

The trip by bus is about 10 hours. You can take a Philtranco bus as they have coach service (with lazy boy type seat and toilet on board) for a comfortable trip. The bus terminal is less than 10 mins by cab from airport terminal 3 and about 15 from terminal 1 & 2. Other bus lines are available in Cubao bus hub, about an hour's ride from the airport.

Alternatively, you can take a plane, about 45mins trip. Check out Cebu Pacific and PAL.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM

you can get cheap fare from cebu pacific it'll save you time and energy. :)

• ueberbemzki's Profile Photo

by ueberbemzki Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM

If you really want to take the bus, I suggest taking the Cagsawa Bus vs Philtranco. Cagsawa has nicer and cleaner buses. They also have the lazy boy type seats. I would go for Cagsawa bus if I'm unable to find a flight to Legazpi. There are buses leaving in the morning, but the night trips are more frequent. If it's not a peak season, you can just go to the terminal to purchase your ticket and hop on the bus. Otherwise, you may have to call beforehand and inquire whether there are still seats available. A few years ago, the best one costs 1100php (25USD) per person, one way, I think they call it the royale class, or business royale. Travel time is 10-11 hours, with 2 30-minute stops for meal breaks.

But if you're online now, there is an ongoing PAL promo, but you only have an hour to book as it ends in midnight tonight. (philippineairlines.com) Travel time 45 mins, 1 hour tops. One way ticket costs around 600php (15USD)

For accommodations, I heard Legazpi Tourist Inn has cheap rates (10-15USD/night).

• ueberbemzki's Profile Photo

by ueberbemzki Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 8:20 AM

• Re: visit to albay

by francis5k Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM

im from Albay and here's what i can offer you:
    1. from Manila,you can choose buses Manila-Bicol bound near Alimall Cubao.You can choose whether you want aircon or non-aircon buses.i think there is also a Cagsawa office at Malate.
    2.it depends on your mode of transport.aircon buses may take 8-10 hours.non-aircon may take longer as they keep on stopping.
    3. there are plenty of hotels and resorts in the area.AND,they aren't pricey!take your pick!
    have a safe trip!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Albay Travel Answer Locations