Province of Albay Travel Answers

change location
clarice_ldr's Profile Photo

legazpi, albay by bus (?)

by clarice_ldr Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM

hello all!

im planning to take the bus from manila to legazpi on feb 24 (sun). are there buses leaving manila at around midnight or the wee hours of the morning? i believe the pyrolympics at MOA finishes shortly before midnight, i would want to ride the bus to legazpi after the event so i would arrive there in the morning -- since i might drop by naga or somewhere else along the way, depending on the suggestions i'll hear.

on my way back to manila, i plan to take the cebu pacific plane, but im quite curious sa phil. railways...

can you please help me with this? i cant decide whether to take the plane, bus or train. i just have to be at manila airport on the 27th for my 4:50 PM flight to iloilo.

- clarice

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Juds's Profile Photo

Re: legazpi, albay by bus (?)

by Juds Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Last trips for buses to Legaspi or Naga usually leave around 8-9pm and first trips usually start at 6am. The best thing that you could do is take the first flight to Lagaspi or Naga, whichever you prefer, via PAL or CEbu Pacific. PAL flies to Naga and Legaspi and leaves at 6:30 or 7am for both flights. For Legaspi, you can take PAL or Cebu Pacific. If you have a flight to catch on your return trip, I won't advise taking the train as it is unreliable and your trip can take longer than expected. The bus is a better option than the train but you have to take the night trip because day trips leave Albay at 7-8am and arrive in Manila early or late evening. Evening trips leave as early as 4pm - 8pm for airconditioned buses.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Hello Clarice, Juds!
    I went on a road trip to Legazpi. never again!
    You better fly Clarice!

• clarice_ldr's Profile Photo

by clarice_ldr Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 1:56 AM

someone from bicol said the train ceased to operate about 2 years ago (that's too bad but 1 less consideration for me).

i want to do both -- plane & bus -- preferably bus going to albay & plane back to manila because its time-efficient & more convenient (than the plane to albay & bus to manila)

>> time-efficient the case being: after the pyrolympics, we don't need to go back to where we're staying & wait for the morning traffic AGAIN if we could just hop in a bus;

>> convenient in a sense that we'll take the 2 PM flight from Legazpi to Manila & just wait for our flight back to Iloilo at 4:50 PM;

>> also, we want the bus since we might decide to drop by quezon or naga or other places for an hour or two, which we cannot do during our trip back to manila.

we really don't mind the looooong travel as long as we arrive at the bicol region around noon or early afternoon of the 24th.

my main problem is i can't find a bus liner that leaves Manila at around midnight up to 3 AM. all we need is an Airconditioned one. the rest may be bareable (fingers crossed).

pls... pls... i just need the contact numbers of bus liners that leave Manila at midnight or early morning...

• Juds's Profile Photo

by Juds Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 4:04 AM

Believe me Clarice, I am from Bicol. You won't find any bus liner to Bicol that leaves after midnight or before 3am...

• lillyclaire's Profile Photo

by lillyclaire Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 4:31 AM

try catching the last trip around 9 pm clarice, try contacting the isarog liner in cubao or the raymunds and its a wise idea to just fly back from legaspi to manila, on your way to legaspi you can drop by for an hour or two at naga and visit the Our Lady of Pena francia have a safe journey !

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 2:28 AM

>> also, we want the bus since we might decide to drop by quezon or naga or other places for an hour or two, which we cannot do during our trip back to manila.

i suggest you firm up your plan that is, decide whether you really want to drop by quezon or not... and which part of quezon... this way, you can expand your bus options by checking on the schedule of quezon-bound buses... they might have midnight trips... then get connection to naga or legazpi from there.

• Re: legazpi, albay by bus (?)

by francis5k Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM

i think there are non-aircon buses which are operating 24 hours from Manila to Legazpi.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province of Albay Travel Answer Locations