Province of Aklan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Additional information: Manila Nightlife

Boracay Island Mar 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM

So to get to Boracay, I will have to spend a night or two in Manila. Sounds exciting. I am, however, very uninformed about the area.

Please answer the following questions, if possible and knowledgeable:

1. I will be flying from Hawaii to Manila. Long-ish flight. Is there a hotel by the airport that is close to the nightlife?
      2. I would like to avoid "girly bars" / prostitutes / ______ / pay for ______. Is this possible?
      3. Only staying 1 - 3 nights. Not looking for wholesome entertainment, but perhaps, a good bar with cheap beer and nice people to talk to.
      4. Any "main drag" like Bangkok's Sukhumvit? If so, what is the name and proximity to the airport?
      5. Any good, budget hotels in this area? Maybe $30 - 60 USD per nite?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Oh, yeah.

I am a white American. I have read that the most dangerous part of landing in Manila is negotiating a taxi cab to my hotel. I am well-traveled, but what is the likelihood of robbery if arriving late at night. Mind you, I will get a legitimate taxi with no one in the back seat.

Any and all answers are appreciated. Thank you. :)

more
    • Can anybody please assist in this matter?

Boracay Island Mar 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Hello,

I am a white, 30-something American who is interested in spending the summer months of June - August in Boracay. I am educated, professional, and well-traveled and have spent time in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

I have a few questions to ask regarding travels to and stays in Boracay.

1. How old are the typical visitors to Boracay who enjoy the nightlife / party scene? Are they in there 20s, or are there people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s there, too? Are there many westerners there?

Bangkok and Bali both had visitors from their teens to their 70s, so that was cool. Is Boracay the same?

2. Do the women express interest in westerners? If so, what is their motivation?

I enjoyed the attention of members of the opposite sex during my travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia, but they were not exactly after my good looks. In Mexico, it was close to impossible to get the attention of women because I felt that they saw me as a white tourist with limited Spanish speaking skills.

3. Is the nightlife scene lively 7 nights a week? Or is it only on the weekends? Are some nights better than others?

4. Is it okay to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the open, or should I keep them concealed? Mind you, I am not going to be stumbling drunk down the beach with a keg, but rather discreet and enjoying a cold beer under the shade of a tree.

5. Is it possible to rent an apartment there? Or is my only option to check in to a hotel? If apartments are available, what is the weekly / monthly rate in pesos?

6. Will I get bored if I stay over sixty days?

7. What is the nightlife like during late May to early August?

I have read that this is the low-season, but a huge part of the reason why I am interested in visiting Boracay is for its nightlife. The only time during the year that I can visit is from late May till early August.

I DO NOT MIND CROWDS. I like a bustling nightlife. Though it is no doubt tuned down during the low-season, I need assistance in answering these questions:

a. Can I still expect a bustling nightlife?
      b. Will all the bars and clubs be open?
      c. Will there be people on the streets enjoying themselves?
      d. Will there be other westerners there?
      e. Will the bars and clubs stay open late into the night?
      f. Will it be possible to go to the bars and clubs 7 nights a week?

I know this is a lot to ask and some of it even redundant, but I have been involved on numerous forums about foreign destinations in the past and have always enjoyed some of the insight and information that members with intimate knowledge of those locations have provided in the past, and I hope to find some useful information here on this forum.

Again, I would appreciate any and all helpful responses. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

more
    • Seeking Information on Visa for Boracay

Boracay Island Mar 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Is there a way to get the tourist visa extended beyond the 30 day limit on the island of Boracay?

Or do I need to go to the Philippine embassy in my home country to apply for an extended visa?

Please advise. I will be on the island for approximately 40 days.

Thank you.

more

Popular Province of Aklan Travel Answer Locations

• Additional information: Manila Nightlife

Boracay Island Mar 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM

So to get to Boracay, I will have to spend a night or two in Manila. Sounds exciting. I am, however, very uninformed about the area.

Please answer the following questions, if possible and knowledgeable:

1. I will be flying from Hawaii to Manila. Long-ish flight. Is there a hotel by the airport that is close to the nightlife?
      2. I would like to avoid "girly bars" / prostitutes / ______ / pay for ______. Is this possible?
      3. Only staying 1 - 3 nights. Not looking for wholesome entertainment, but perhaps, a good bar with cheap beer and nice people to talk to.
      4. Any "main drag" like Bangkok's Sukhumvit? If so, what is the name and proximity to the airport?
      5. Any good, budget hotels in this area? Maybe $30 - 60 USD per nite?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Oh, yeah.

I am a white American. I have read that the most dangerous part of landing in Manila is negotiating a taxi cab to my hotel. I am well-traveled, but what is the likelihood of robbery if arriving late at night. Mind you, I will get a legitimate taxi with no one in the back seat.

Any and all answers are appreciated. Thank you. :)

3 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • Seeking Information on Visa for Boracay

Boracay Island Mar 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Is there a way to get the tourist visa extended beyond the 30 day limit on the island of Boracay?

Or do I need to go to the Philippine embassy in my home country to apply for an extended visa?

Please advise. I will be on the island for approximately 40 days.

Thank you.

8 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM
    • Can anybody please assist in this matter?

Boracay Island Mar 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Hello,

I am a white, 30-something American who is interested in spending the summer months of June - August in Boracay. I am educated, professional, and well-traveled and have spent time in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

I have a few questions to ask regarding travels to and stays in Boracay.

1. How old are the typical visitors to Boracay who enjoy the nightlife / party scene? Are they in there 20s, or are there people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s there, too? Are there many westerners there?

Bangkok and Bali both had visitors from their teens to their 70s, so that was cool. Is Boracay the same?

2. Do the women express interest in westerners? If so, what is their motivation?

I enjoyed the attention of members of the opposite sex during my travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia, but they were not exactly after my good looks. In Mexico, it was close to impossible to get the attention of women because I felt that they saw me as a white tourist with limited Spanish speaking skills.

3. Is the nightlife scene lively 7 nights a week? Or is it only on the weekends? Are some nights better than others?

4. Is it okay to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the open, or should I keep them concealed? Mind you, I am not going to be stumbling drunk down the beach with a keg, but rather discreet and enjoying a cold beer under the shade of a tree.

5. Is it possible to rent an apartment there? Or is my only option to check in to a hotel? If apartments are available, what is the weekly / monthly rate in pesos?

6. Will I get bored if I stay over sixty days?

7. What is the nightlife like during late May to early August?

I have read that this is the low-season, but a huge part of the reason why I am interested in visiting Boracay is for its nightlife. The only time during the year that I can visit is from late May till early August.

I DO NOT MIND CROWDS. I like a bustling nightlife. Though it is no doubt tuned down during the low-season, I need assistance in answering these questions:

a. Can I still expect a bustling nightlife?
      b. Will all the bars and clubs be open?
      c. Will there be people on the streets enjoying themselves?
      d. Will there be other westerners there?
      e. Will the bars and clubs stay open late into the night?
      f. Will it be possible to go to the bars and clubs 7 nights a week?

I know this is a lot to ask and some of it even redundant, but I have been involved on numerous forums about foreign destinations in the past and have always enjoyed some of the insight and information that members with intimate knowledge of those locations have provided in the past, and I hope to find some useful information here on this forum.

Again, I would appreciate any and all helpful responses. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM
    • Anyone want to help me plan a trip for 5 nights 6 days in Boracay?

Boracay Island Feb 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hi guys, I will be traveling to Boracay via Kalibo for about 5 nights. Was wondering whether anyone has a good itinerary or schedule that I can follow along with my girlfriend. We enjoy Snorkeling (Any good spots?), Para-sailing, wildlife, beach etc and want to get the most out of the island without being in too much of a rush. Anyone who has experienced this beautiful island first hand have any suggestions?

8 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • From Kalibo Airport to Boracay Island - Station 3

Boracay Island Feb 15, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Hi,
      1) I would like to know how is the transport from Kalibo Airport to Boracay Island?
      My flight detail:-
      Departing from KL - Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1050 hrs ( 10:50AM)
      Arriving Kalibo - Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1445 hrs ( 2:45PM)

2) Return flight details:-
      Departing: Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1515 hrs ( 3:15PM)

• what time should i leave from Boracay Station 3? As known that we need to arrive airport 2hrs earlier before boarding time.

Please advise!

5 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    • PatrickHong's Profile Photo

Philippines Boracay

Boracay Island Jan 25, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Anyone has been to Boracay Philippines recently? May I know anything negative or special attention on the Island resort?

9 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    • nice budget hotel

Boracay Island Jan 15, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Can anyone suggest me a nice budget hotel in boracay. Im planning to stay for 3 nights on this april.

2 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 5:48 AM
    • ATM in Boracay

Boracay Island Jan 10, 2015 at 6:09 PM

From last time I remember the ATM was not working and it was 2012.
      Do they accept cards with Union Pay logo?
      Where are they located?

7 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 2:13 AM
    • Bans Beach Resort

Boracay Island Jan 8, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Any new update review regarding this property?
      Thanks in advance for the contribuition
      Regards

7 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • Find room for group trip

Boracay Island Dec 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hye there.
      I would to request the room for 10 person (5 rooms) budget below PH2600
      We will arrive and check in on 4th april 2015 and check out on 8th april 2015.
      We hope you can provide us that room. And if you can provide us that room can you susgest us to other hotel or chalet which can provide us 5 rooms. We hope you can help us. Waiting for your reply
      Can email to me at hairehassan36@gmail.com

4 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Good resort

Boracay Island Dec 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Do you know a good resort on Boracay, near station 1, 2 or 3 that is new? So maybe not yet on booking and agoda. The price around 75 dollar a night

Thank you

1 Answer Dec 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • monthly rental

Boracay Island Nov 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'd like to rent a room in Boracay mid February to mid March, I would like a private bathroom double bed and A/C don't really mind where it is as long as it's not too far away from the action, I hear when you pay in advance you can get a good discount, my budget is 30.000 pesos, would that be possible? Also any advice on how to find somewhere would be great!

2 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    • Tent for Stay

Boracay Island Oct 14, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Is it possible to sleep using tent in boracay? or people will prohibit it

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    • Is boracay Philippines safe to go now?

Boracay Island Oct 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Is boracay island safe to go in November 2014 ? Been hearing a lot of tourists being kidnapped cases there. :/

6 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    • Weather around the second half of January

Boracay Island Oct 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi everyone,
      I'm traveling to Philippines from 18 January to 06 February and want to spend some time on Boracay.
      I've read that last year was a bit chilli in most part of the Philippines around end of January. Anyone has first hand experience with the weather on Barclay around the same time? :)
      Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Hugball's Profile Photo

cebu pacific

Boracay Island Oct 4, 2014 at 2:34 AM

hey guys.

so i did read alot negative comments about cebu pacific air, but also many good ones.

i dont want our first trip to boracya be ruined. but their tickets are at 20K when with PAL gotta pay nearly 50K..for december 25 to 30

did any of u travel with them already? which review are more to be trusted?

14 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Boracay or Sabang???

Boracay Island Aug 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Hi all. I'm planing my first trip to the Philippines. Which is better for nightlife and beach boracay or sabang? Sorry about my English... And maybe you guys can tell me about hotel too??? Thanks

13 Answers Sep 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    • Place to rent for one month

Boracay Island Aug 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Hi ! I am going to stay in Boracay for one month or even more. I would like to rent a good appartement or villa, think it would be cheaper than to pay for a good hotel the whole month and to prepare food at home than to eat several times a day in the restaurants. Does somebody know what is the rent price there for a good appartement or medium size villa (week/month) ? Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Hugball's Profile Photo

where to stop/to go

Boracay Island Aug 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM

hi,

this december going on my first trip to ph, me and gf long time dream visit boracay.we will eb staying about 5 or 6 days there.

what are some good places to drop there for visit and see a maximum of things? for do some awesome activities that would make us great memories? some hotels/resort you would advise?

ty in advance

29 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • moymoydtraveller's Profile Photo

Boatride Caticlan to Boracay

Boracay Island Aug 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Anyone knows what time the last boat Departs from Caticlan Jetty Port bound to Boracay?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
    • moymoydtraveller's Profile Photo

Public Transport Options

Caticlan Aug 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM

What are available Public Transport Options Coming from Kalibo to Caticlan around 6pm or 7pm? I'll be arriving in Kalibo airport by 6pm but i need to get to Caticlan Jetty Port

4 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • glyza's Profile Photo

restaurant

Kalibo Jul 19, 2014 at 2:51 AM

what's the nearest restaurant here in RG Inn?

3 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Travel to Boracay 26th July 2014

Boracay Island Jul 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Is it save to have holiday at Boracay during this time as we know tyhoon is attacking this island.

Jasonkth

6 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • camary77's Profile Photo

Stay in Boracay

Boracay Island Jul 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Do you guys know a place to stay from Feb. 12 2015 check out Feb 15, 2015, for 1 person that is a bit cheap but safe place?

36 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • camary77's Profile Photo

Kalibo Inquiry

Boracay Island Jul 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Hi, can you please help me find an easier way to reach KALIBO AIRPORT from Boracay? my struggle is that mt flight is 7:55 AM on Feb 15, what is the easiest and fastest way to travel fr BORA TO KALIBO so i wont be late to my flight?

3 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • boracay white beach

Boracay Island Jun 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

anyone knows which part of boracay white beach is not so crowded but not too secluded?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Weather June 25 to July 6?

Boracay Island Jun 9, 2014 at 4:50 AM

What's the weather like?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Boracay travel agent / hotel/ transfer

Boracay Island Jun 2, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Hi I ill be going to Boracay from Manila for the first time and I would prefer to have a travel agent where they can provide me the hotel and also the transfer from Airport to Hotel and Airport . I was asking this travel agent Travelonline in email for almost 1 month and then I told them my dates check in and out which is 4d/3n they give me the price and everything, its quite a good deal , with transfer, hotel and also some free meals. And now I am about to make payment then the price its different, the final price and they told me its the price they quoted me for 3d/2n , I was so pissed off as I have already done my research on the hotels for about 2 months and now its the final.

Please help me, if you have any other travel agent that is reliable I would book it immediately, I have not much time as my travelling date is near. I do not wish to book with them anyway but if I have other choice I would prefer to go for another agent .

29 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    • algae on boracay beaches

Boracay Island May 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM

algae on the beaches and in the sea march time of year

5 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Manila-Boracay

Boracay Island May 19, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I will be flying into Manila by Airasia and will be staying a night in Manila , then the next day flying to Caticlan ( Boracay) by Philipines airlines . I have some questions here ,

1- The Airasia and Philinies Airlines is it in the same airport ?
      2- Should I stay near the airport on day 1 , so its easier for me to go the airport the next day .
      3- Where is the best location to stay if I only I a half day in Manila also where should I go at this short time , I will be arriving at about 3 pm

12 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 2:24 AM