Province de Luxembourg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bastogne - Best way to go and cheap good accommodation

Bastogne Jul 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hello, i am from Portugal and I will be visiting Bastogne next year. As i have family in Antweerp and i will make a visit, i would be coming from there. So, there is any train from Antweerp to Bastogne? Or i need to go by train to Brussels and then catch a bus to Bastogne as i read on the net? For this last option i will loose almost day to get there and i really want to avoid it. Well, i know that i will need to rent a car with GPS to discover the region. So what do you recommend, where i can rent a car with low cost prices? It's better in Antweerp or more close like Brussels.? I wish to find the best way, fast and cheap to get there. Or are there other options? From Bastogne i want to discover the region, www2 places and museums: Poteau, Malmedy, La Gleize, Grandmenil, La Roche en Ardenne, Houffalize, Foy, Bois Jaques and maybe, maybe Dinant, Celles and Florennes. Without this last 3 places that i know are a little far from Bastogne, do you think 2 days is enough? I want to stay in Bastogne, visit the region and back to Bastogne to sleep and when finish all, back to family in Antweerp again. Any suggestions? I would like accommodation recommendations as well. Good but cheap. Thank you.

more
    • Bastogne - Best way to go and cheap good accommodation

Bastogne Jul 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hello, i am from Portugal and I will be visiting Bastogne next year. As i have family in Antweerp and i will make a visit, i would be coming from there. So, there is any train from Antweerp to Bastogne? Or i need to go by train to Brussels and then catch a bus to Bastogne as i read on the net? For this last option i will loose almost day to get there and i really want to avoid it. Well, i know that i will need to rent a car with GPS to discover the region. So what do you recommend, where i can rent a car with low cost prices? It's better in Antweerp or more close like Brussels.? I wish to find the best way, fast and cheap to get there. Or are there other options? From Bastogne i want to discover the region, www2 places and museums: Poteau, Malmedy, La Gleize, Grandmenil, La Roche en Ardenne, Houffalize, Foy, Bois Jaques and maybe, maybe Dinant, Celles and Florennes. Without this last 3 places that i know are a little far from Bastogne, do you think 2 days is enough? I want to stay in Bastogne, visit the region and back to Bastogne to sleep and when finish all, back to family in Antweerp again. Any suggestions? I would like accommodation recommendations as well. Good but cheap. Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • Canadian Abroad

Bastogne Apr 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I am visiting Bastogne from Canada. I would be coming via Paris. It looks like there is a train to Luxembourg, and then a bus to Bastogne. Is this correct and the best way to go about it or are there other options? From Bastogne I am going to Lille, France. Any suggestions? I would happily take accommodation recommendations as well. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • BillyA12's Profile Photo

bike ride in luxembourg

Bastogne Mar 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM

love to ride bike from doubletree hilton to bastogone if possible bttle of bulge buff what advice

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • where do i stay

Bastogne Jan 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Hello there.

Looking for a small boutique style hotel for a visit to Bastogne. any recommendatons?

thank you

1 Answer Jan 21, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • cielleSiToh's Profile Photo

Tourism point in Cielle

Cielle Jun 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I hardly find the travel information regarding on Cielle. Perhaps infromation is restricted due to my search language barrier. May I have some related information? What is the nice travel point i can visit in Cielle?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    • ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Want to visit Bouillon for a day

Province de Luxembourg Apr 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I'm planning a trip to Belgium in 2 weeks and I'm wondering how to get to Bouillon from Namur... looks like the bus is the only option but I can't find any information for this route. I'm also wondering if there's a place or lockers or some place to leave luggage in Bouillon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

3 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    • Visiting

La Roche-en-Ardenne Apr 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM

My husband and I will be there in early May and touring the WWII sites while staying in La Roche. Do you think 3 days and 2 nights is long enough?

Virginia

4 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Bastogne in early July

Bastogne May 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I will be spending a week in Vielsalm Belgium and one of my day trips will be a visit to Bastogne and the surrounding area. My plan is to load my bicycle on the train at Vielsalm and make the quick 10 minute ride to Gouvy. From Gouvy I will bike into the Foy and Bastogne region and spend the entire day cycling around the WW2 battle grounds. I really want to spend a lot of time in the area surrounding Bastogne and with a bicycle I think I will be able to do just that. I am looking for some out of the way cafes to eat lunch and maybe drink a beer. Any ideas would be great. Also I am open to the idea of staying a night in Bastogne or nearby. Can anyone give me some ideas on Bed and Breakfasts or small family run Inns.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    • motorcycle rally

Bastogne Mar 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.Theres a motorcycle rally held near Bastogne at the end of July or beginning of August,could you tell me the name of who to contact and a email address ? Thankyou

• olearyrichie10's Profile Photo

War Walks

Bastogne Oct 26, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I will be going to Bastogne in November for 3 days. Are there any war walks, guides to where the 101st para/regiment had their positions in and around Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge.
      Can you reach these on foot as I will not be travelling in car. Are there any local buses or railways close by.

4 Answers Oct 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    • WWII Military Show

Bastogne Sep 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM

A friend and I are traveling through Europe this winter and we are stopping by Bastogne. He was there for the 60th Anniversary of the Battle of The Bulge. He took part in the the huge parade and other celebrations with veterans and commemorations, and a military type show. We were both wondering if this was something that happened every year or was it only for the 60th Anniversary?

Luke

4 Answers Sep 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    • AutumnRose's Profile Photo

Who were you?

Durbuy Jul 5, 2008 at 7:56 AM

This is a long shot! Last July/August I asked for advice on this site for a suitable stop-over in Belgium. Someone suggested Durbuy and on his recommendation we booked a hotel there. We really, really loved it and had a fabulous few days there. I had never heard of the place before and was so glad to discover it.

I intended thanking the person who made the suggestion but cannot find the post. I can find my post making the request and two replies but not the one suggesting Durbuy. It could have only been this site (Trip Advisor is the only other one I use.)

Anyway, many thanks and - Durbuy is a lovely little town - a chateau, restaurants, pleasant shops, villagy atmosphere, river activities and the hotel we stayed in - Hotel Sanglier Des Ardennes, was great.

Autumn Rose

• Travel from Brussels to Bastogne

Bastogne Feb 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM

My friend & I will arrive in Brussels May 5th. We wish to go to Bastogne and tour the memorials, cemetery, historical center, etc. 1)Is the historical center, etc., open on Monday? 2)do you recommend Americans driving from Brussels to Bastogne in a rental car, and tour on our own, or, do you recommend a tour guide to pick us up in Brussels, drive us to Bastogne, and give us a tour of the area. If you recommend a tour guide, which one do you recommend?

2 Answers Feb 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    • Travel to Bastogne

Bastogne May 25, 2006 at 1:23 PM

I will be traveling to Brussels on June 13. I would like to make a day trip to Bastogne.

Question? I assume that rail service is available. How long would a round trip take and at what expense.

4 Answers May 25, 2006 at 11:11 PM
    • Battle of The Bulge

Bastogne Jan 15, 2006 at 12:33 PM

I will be in Paris (from the U.S.) and hope to travel via train to visit the Battle of the Bulge (BOTB) sites. 1) Is it possible to travel by train directly to Bastogne from Paris? If not - which route do you recommend? 2) I do not want to rent a car - are guided tours of the Battle of the Bulge available in Bastogne? 3) Hotel recommendations for Bastogne? 4) Is Bastogne the best city to stay in for visiting the BOTB or do you recommend someplace else? Thank you!

Mirish
      St. Paul, MN

8 Answers Oct 4, 2006 at 12:08 AM
    • RhineRoll's Profile Photo

What's going on there?

Durbuy Sep 5, 2005 at 12:21 AM

Maybe the BeNeLux VT members can help me find an answer to this riddle: As I was touring the Ardenne river valleys last weekend, I was also trying to visit Durbuy. I did manage to enter the village, somewhat bewildered by the many cars that were parking well out of the place already. But then, as soon as I entered Durbuy -- boy, this IS a crowded place! Even though the houses looked very picturesque, I tried to get away from these masses as quickly as I could which proved difficult because there also was a first class traffic jam. What's the matter with this place? What makes it so popular that apparently all of Liege and half of Brussels plus a third of the Netherlands is squeezing into this tiny village???

Are there still summer holidays in Belgium?

Win,
      definitely coming back, but during less popular times

6 Answers Sep 5, 2005 at 11:22 PM
    • Accommodation in countryside

Province de Luxembourg Sep 27, 2004 at 6:55 AM

Does anyone know a nice B&B, farmhouse accommodation the the Luxembourg countryside, not too far from somewhere to est/ Or maybe a small cottage to rent for first week in November?

1 Answer Sep 29, 2004 at 12:56 PM
    • romanwardin's Profile Photo

info

Wardin Sep 5, 2004 at 7:31 AM

I would like to know something about history of your town and to see any photos.

3 Answers Sep 6, 2004 at 2:44 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Trains to Bastogne

Bastogne Jul 15, 2004 at 6:20 PM

Hi, While I stay in Brussels, I would like to see something of the area where the WWII battle was fought near here, and perhaps a military cemetery. Can I get to there by train and be able to see anything from the station on foot? Are there tours to this area? I am not renting a car on this trip, so I am not able to see some things I would like if they are not accessable to trains. Should I go to Luxembourg?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2004 at 1:47 PM
    • Restaraunts

Province de Luxembourg Oct 9, 2003 at 9:01 PM

Where are resteraunts in the Luxembourg area

2 Answers Oct 21, 2003 at 7:49 AM
    • Cho45's Profile Photo

Any VT members in the Bastogne area?

Bastogne Jul 30, 2003 at 6:40 AM

My wife and I will be in Bastogne on August 3 and would like to meet VT members from this area. I have just become a member here and think this is a great site for making new friends and meeting other world travellers. This is our first trip to Belgium and we are looking forward to it.

• Gotte's Profile Photo

Ardennes from UK, difficult?

Bastogne Jun 21, 2003 at 8:08 AM

My family, and my sister's family (in all four adults, one child, two infants), are planning on renting a villa/gite in the Ardennes next May, and I was wondering about the best way to travel from the UK. We live in Manchester, and thought about a ferry crossing from Felixstowe (it's much eassier to get to than Dover) to Zeebrugge, but it seems no ferry companies actually do this route (which seems peculiar, but there you go). Anyone here travelled from UK to Ardennes, which route did you take? Also, anyone know of any great places to stay in the Ardennes? I, personally know very little about the place, other than Bastogne.

6 Answers Aug 12, 2008 at 9:37 AM
    • Bastogne

Bastogne Dec 10, 2002 at 12:48 PM

6 freinds on ww2 trip, also want to stay in location with good hotels and restaraunts with street dining, and good scenic area, Does Bastogne meet that criteria or is it industrial city. I cannot find any photos of are on internet, can anyone advis.

9 Answers Mar 20, 2003 at 4:30 AM