Province de Liège

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Brussels airport

Brussels Oct 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Is their luggage storage at the airport?

• Souvenir shops

Antwerp Oct 26, 2015 at 6:00 PM

What about souvenirs? Any shops that sells less than those around the cathedral?

• Chocolates

Antwerp Oct 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Is there a shop which sells choc but not pricey?

• What to do in Brugge

Brugge Nov 5, 2015 at 5:27 AM

I am going on a stag do to Brugge, although it is a stag do it will not be the stereotypical stag do that people think about. I was looking for some places to go during the day just to have a couple of beers and then wondering where the best places to drink on an evening and into the night are? I have seen a brewery tour that I am interested in and wondered if anyone has done this and has any feedback for me?

• ParisWat's Profile Photo

Maximum alert level

Brussels Nov 21, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Belgium has put Bruxelles on maximum alert and recommends to avoid being with any crowd.
      Metro is closed.

(thanks to Sandra who posted on another forum)

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

"The Sprit of 66" bar or night club, what hours is it open, have you been there?

Verviers Sep 24, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Does any one know what hours it is open "The Sprit of 66", have you been there? By their internet site it looks good. Is it a normal bar and has special music events or only open for these events/Live-Gigs? I see the Jupiler beer logo and for me I prefer Jupiler over Stella. Nothing wrong with Stella it is great too. Thanks for all of your comments.

2 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 3:13 PM
    • Downtown liege

Liège Feb 12, 2015 at 9:40 AM

what is the name of the downtown street that all the bars are on?

11 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 2:07 PM
    • Aywaille weekend

Liège Nov 16, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be spending a long weekend with friends in a rented house in Aywaille and we are wondering what to do in the area and beyond. Ideally, on one of the days we would like to discover the area we are in and on the other day we would like to go on a worthwhile excursion somewhere within an hour (or so) by car from where we are staying (perhaps on the German side).

We would greatly appreciate your suggestions on things to do and places to visit on these two days!

Thanks in advance :-)

2 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • transport to and from Banneux to the F1 circuit in Spa

Banneux Oct 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM

can you book transport / taxis to Spa from Banneux easily ?

• Is the Jalhay area pedestrian-friendly?? Pouvons-nous vivre sur des vélos dans la région de Jalhay?

Jalhay May 22, 2014 at 5:54 AM

en englais:
      My girlfriend and I are about to book a long term rental just outside of Jalhay. We'd like to know how difficult it is to live in the area on foot, either by walking trails to different villages to get groceries, or riding a bicycle on the trails. The roadways look narrow with high speed cars, even though we've seen cyclists on them. We'd like to lead a slow, pedestrian, country life. No cars.

Also, suggestions on where to buy groceries around Surister/Royompre/Jalhay/Polleur/Chernaux would be much appreciated.

en francais:
      Mon amie et moi sommes sur le point de réserver une location à long terme à l'extérieur de Jalhay. Nous aimerions savoir combien il est difficile de vivre dans la région à pied, soit par des sentiers pédestres de différents villages pour faire des courses, ou à vélo sur les sentiers. Les routes semblent étroite avec des voitures à grande vitesse, même si nous avons vu les cyclistes sur eux. Nous aimerions mener une, piéton, la vie est lente pays. Pas de voitures.

En outre, des suggestions sur les endroits où acheter de la nourriture autour de Surister / Royompré / Jalhay / Polleur / Chernaux serait très apprécié.

6 Answers May 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Is the tour guided?

Barchon Mar 6, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I have a few questions.
      1) Is the tour guided?
      2) Can a person who does not speak French enjoy the visit?
      3)Would a nine year old enjoy this?
      4) Is the Fort de Loncin a good place to visit?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    • StevenA25's Profile Photo

Getting there

Raeren May 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Getting from Brussels to Raeren by train or bus

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Thalys question

Liège May 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Is it possible to purchase Thalys tickets at the Liege train station? I usually purchase online but will not be able to do so this year.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    • How to go from Brussels to Banneux?

Banneux May 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi there I would like to know how to get go to Banneux from Brussels by PUBLIC TRANSPORT. Many thanks for your help. Betsy

2 Answers May 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

Hospital Le Valdor,

Liège Jan 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Does anyone know where exactly this place is located in Liege. And, can we get inside of this abondand building?

3 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • am-y's Profile Photo

A day in Liege - suggestions on what to do?

Province de Liège Aug 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I'll be coming into Liege from Luxembourg by train in the morning, and leaving in the morning of the next day. I have a few questions:

1) Is there anything anyone can recommend doing in this period?

2) Also, could you give me precise instructions on how to get to the attractions or sights that you suggest, from the Liege train station? Which is a good area to stay?

3) Finally, can anyone recommend a good place to buy Belgium dark chocolates or any other Belgium-made snacks/foodstuffs in Liege, near the attractions you recommend, or near the train station?

Thank you!

3 Answers Aug 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    • Night bus?

Liège Nov 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Is there a night bus from Liege - Gullemens to Maastricht, i have a tight schedule and i may miss the last train from Liege to Maastricht.

11 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    • traveling from liege to malmedy

Liège Sep 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

i would like to know what is the easiest way to get from the town of liege to malmedy? we do not want to rent a car and i am not able to find a way through the internet?

4 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 3:37 AM
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix

Spa Jul 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hi All
      A friend and I will be in Belgium whilst the Grand Prix is on (well we extended our holiday to make sure).
      Now, I have no interest what-so-ever in Grand Prix so am looking to do something else.
      We can't decide whether to drive there or train, not sure where we'll be coming from, but hope you guys could help advise.
      Is it easy to travel to the race track by public transport? My friend has a ticket for Sunday 29th Aug. The official website only mentions travel by car and all the others I can find are only selling tickets or serious F1 info.
      And any suggestions on what I can do whilst he's watching the race? I'm thinking visit Liege but am open to suggestions. I like beer, modern art and design, second hand sales, architecture, taking photographs.

• we135b's Profile Photo

Belgian Grand Prix

Spa Sep 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Did anyone go to the Belgian Grand Prix this year? Can you provide tips on the best viewing spots? public transportation to spa from paris? any race related activity in the local area?

• Best French Fries (Belgium Fries :) ) in Liege !

Liège Aug 30, 2009 at 6:17 AM

i will be in Liege next saturday and i wanna eat the best fries in Liege :)
      Where can i find them ?

Thanks a lot in advance

3 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    • Expat group in Liège

Province de Liège Aug 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I would like to meet other expats in Liège. I'm French and Canadian, actually, my mother tongue is French, but I like speaking English (I speak German too).
      If you're francophone, you're more than welcome too!

I just miss the international touch and I am slowly creating a list of contact. Soon enough, I would like to invite the group to meet for a drink in Liège.

Please have a look at my blog and feel free to send me your feedback (or tips!)

The Loonie

2 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Train from Paris to Maastricht

Province de Liège Jun 23, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Me and my wife will be arriving at Paris CDG on August 30, 2009.
      From there I have to go to Maastricht to attend a conference.
      One of my options is to get on Thalys from Paris Nord and change trains at

on the Thalys web site there is a station named Liege and another one named
      "liege ABS"

What is the difference and which station I need to choose?

I have to go to Masstricht from Liege. Should I get a train or a taxi would be ok? What would be cost difference. Train will be 2 tickets ( me and wife)

If train, do I need to make reservations or I can buy ticket right then? Is there a web site (in english if possible) where I can check trains to Maastricht?

Thank you all

7 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    • komodorecomrade's Profile Photo

Liege musee d'armes open in 2009?

Liège Mar 15, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Hi there,
      i was hoping maybe someone with local knowledge might point me in the right direction to get info about if this Liege museum is open after renovations? I have searched a bit on the internet but havent found the info i was looking for.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM
    • Accomodation near Liege or Verviers for Formula One race in August

Province de Liège Feb 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Hello! For our trip to the Spa-Francorchamps Belgian Grand Prix, my husband and I are looking for accommodation (hotel, bed and breakfast, room in private house, vacation house?) for Thursday night 27 August to Monday 31 August, preferably close to Verviers. We hope to keep the price under200 USD/night. We are not having luck in finding available rooms for this weekend, even now several months before the race! Yikes! Your suggestions are appreciated. If you have done this trip to the Grand Prix in the past, your comments on transportation options would be very welcome. We are hoping to travel only by train and bus but may consider renting a car if necessary or suggested.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Liège Nov 25, 2008 at 4:07 AM

Hi everybody!!
      I'm just wondering if somebody could please help me!! Im goin to Liege for 3 months in January and am having the most difficult time tryin to find a nice furnished, central appartment for that length of time, everybody wants to rent an unfurnished appartment for 6 and 700 euro a month, its ridiculous!! I will only be there for 3 months and im looking for somewhere furnished, if anybody could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!
      Thank you all,

1 Answer Nov 25, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    • Standard v Everton

Province de Liège Sep 27, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I am coming over last minute for the game and as the hotels in Liege were all booked up I have booked a hotel in Ebn Email La Vallee Du Geer. I am not sure how far it is from Liege and how easy or expensive it will be to get a taxi back there after the game. It may even be easier to go for a post match drink nearer to the hotel. Appreciate some feedback thanks. We are coming over in a car so may drive into liege or near the ground and leave the car there and pick it up the next day when we drive back

5 Answers Sep 27, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    • BrenfromEngland's Profile Photo

Standard v Everton

Liège Sep 20, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I'm coming to Liege for the Everton game on 2 October.
      Can anybody advise of good places for a few beers with the locals please?
      Most Everton fans are likely to head for the central areas - any English pubs / Irish bars.
      I'd prefer somewhere a little more obscure to mingle with locals.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

4 Answers Sep 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    • Please help

Liège Sep 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hello when i arrive at Liege Guillemins station can i get another train to Liege Palais or would it be better to get a bus/taxi to my destination (Hôtel Hors-Château-Hors Château,62
      Liège (Province De Liège) would it cost much in a taxi and am i near the centre of town? thanks.

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    • From Liege to Brussels in midnight

Liège Aug 13, 2008 at 5:40 AM

Hello !

What are my options to travel from Liege to Brussels around 23.30-00.00?
      I understand that last train is leaving 23:08

1 Answer Aug 13, 2008 at 6:04 AM
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

Coin Lockers

Liège May 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hi! i wonder if there are coin lockers at the Guiliemme railway station

2 Answers May 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

A local hotel directly in Eupen

Eupen May 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Hello, I am looking for a hotel/gasthaus in the center of Eupen. I know of the Best Western Hotel Boston but, I am looking for a reasonably priced location near the center. I will be traveling in September. Thank you in advance, Charlesracine

2 Answers May 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM
    • jerryttk's Profile Photo

How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

Liège Dec 17, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Hey there,

I would deeply appreciate if someone could tell me the best way to reach Liege from Aachen by bus or train. And if the NRW ticket valid for travel from Liege to Aachen then to Cologne? Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 17, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    • English translation of "gous gous"?

Province de Liège Nov 11, 2007 at 6:53 AM

My in-laws came to America from Belgium 75 years ago. They were french speakers. I have been looking for a translation of a fun word they would routinely use. Gous Gous. It would be used for the desert of a meal, sweets and candies, or by me as the good things of life.
      Any background on this term? I have never heard it used outside of my wife's family. Joe

9 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    • Liege Railway Station

Liège Jul 30, 2007 at 6:20 AM

My elderly parents are travelling by train from Cologne, Germany to England (Eurostar from Brussells). However they have to change trains at LIEGE (from Archen) for their onward journey to Brussels but only have 9 minutes to do so. Can anyone tell me the size of this railway station as they are very worried about changing platforms in such a short time.
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 7:23 AM