change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• halikowski's Profile Photo

the a la pomme?

Brussels Yesterday

Does anyone know where to buy apple tea, like they have in Turkey, especially the granule type? All the 'epiciers' in the city seem to have now become Indian, who don't sell this. I have been looking for some months fruitlessly.
      Thanks,
      Stefan

more
    • best place to stay

Ardennes Jul 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM

heading to belgian ardennes for 3 nights in august, any suggestions on the best town to set up base???

more
    • Parking with a big car

Antwerp Jun 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM

hello,

i want to go to the city tomorrow, but i dont know where to park
      i am with my big transport car so i cant drive in a garage and on the street the max. is 3 hours and this is too less.
      is there somewhere a parking area, for big cars, next to a tram? ?

thank you, sandra

more
    • Bastogne - Best way to go and cheap good accommodation

Bastogne Jul 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hello, i am from Portugal and I will be visiting Bastogne next year. As i have family in Antweerp and i will make a visit, i would be coming from there. So, there is any train from Antweerp to Bastogne? Or i need to go by train to Brussels and then catch a bus to Bastogne as i read on the net? For this last option i will loose almost day to get there and i really want to avoid it. Well, i know that i will need to rent a car with GPS to discover the region. So what do you recommend, where i can rent a car with low cost prices? It's better in Antweerp or more close like Brussels.? I wish to find the best way, fast and cheap to get there. Or are there other options? From Bastogne i want to discover the region, www2 places and museums: Poteau, Malmedy, La Gleize, Grandmenil, La Roche en Ardenne, Houffalize, Foy, Bois Jaques and maybe, maybe Dinant, Celles and Florennes. Without this last 3 places that i know are a little far from Bastogne, do you think 2 days is enough? I want to stay in Bastogne, visit the region and back to Bastogne to sleep and when finish all, back to family in Antweerp again. Any suggestions? I would like accommodation recommendations as well. Good but cheap. Thank you.

more
    • baking Accessoires

Antwerp Jun 20, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hallo,

is there a shop in antwerp where i can buy baking accessoires for muffins and cakepops?
      i am looking for forms, decoration, wilton,..

what is a good place to buy home decoration and furniture?

thank you
      sandra

more
    • Antwerp Accessoires

Antwerp Jun 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

hello,

i will go to Antwerp next week and i want to know if there is a shop where i can buy accessoires for jewelery making?
      i need chains, cabochons, charms, ..

thank you for your help,
      sandra

more
    • Travel from Brussels to and from Bastogne and time to allow for visiting museums in Bastogne

Belgium Yesterday

As an airline employee with only a 54 hour layover in Brussels, I need to ask the best route to get to see the places my Father talked about so much when he was fighting with the 101st Airborne Division. I cannot determine train schedules and ask all those with information to give me your best suggestions to use the one full day I have in the best way. Also welcome any suggestions re seeing Brussels and maybe Ghent.

more
    • #7 bus today

Brugge Jul 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Does the number seven bus run today as it does every other day?

more
    • Jdoodz71's Profile Photo

Car parking

Belgium Jul 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I am planning to rent a car in Belgium. I will be staying at Meninger Hotel at Henegouwenkaai 33, Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, Brussels, 1080, Belgium. The said hotel has no parking lot. Anybody knows nearby locations where I can park my car and maybe I'll just go back to the hotel afterwards?

more
    • Monday in Brussels

Brussels Jul 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM

On a very brief visit to Brussels .Arriving at about 10 on a Monday morning. I know that many places such as museums and bars close on Mondays. Any advice on what is actually open and what we can do ? We are interested in most stuff. Also interested in Belgian beer!

more
    • transfer from charleroi to Brussels centrer

Charleroi Jun 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM

From where can i bye a ticket for the public transportation and then to the train? it is me first time in Brussels. can i bye it online?

more
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Belgium to Prague

Belgium Jun 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM

What is the best way/cheapest way/most reliable way to travel from somwhere in Belgium to Prague?

more
    • items needed to pack in my travel suitcase to Belgium

Belgium Jun 13, 2014 at 3:56 AM

kindly list for me items that i need to pack in our travelling suitcase for me and my fiance.

more
    • Jdoodz71's Profile Photo

Is it ok to rent a car in Belgium?

Belgium Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM

After an exhausting walking trip in London and Paris -- most especially .... We have decided to rent a car in Belgium and we plan to use it as a day trip outside of Belgium. Is it easy to rent a car in Belgium ? I figured it's a left hand drive just like what we have in the US and they drive on the left side too so it should be fairly easy. I hope my assumption is correct. Also any car rental agencies you can recommend which is cheap? Thanks!

more
    • Is the Jalhay area pedestrian-friendly?? Pouvons-nous vivre sur des vélos dans la région de Jalhay?

Jalhay May 22, 2014 at 5:54 AM

en englais:
      My girlfriend and I are about to book a long term rental just outside of Jalhay. We'd like to know how difficult it is to live in the area on foot, either by walking trails to different villages to get groceries, or riding a bicycle on the trails. The roadways look narrow with high speed cars, even though we've seen cyclists on them. We'd like to lead a slow, pedestrian, country life. No cars.

Also, suggestions on where to buy groceries around Surister/Royompre/Jalhay/Polleur/Chernaux would be much appreciated.
      _______________________________________________________________________________________

en francais:
      Mon amie et moi sommes sur le point de réserver une location à long terme à l'extérieur de Jalhay. Nous aimerions savoir combien il est difficile de vivre dans la région à pied, soit par des sentiers pédestres de différents villages pour faire des courses, ou à vélo sur les sentiers. Les routes semblent étroite avec des voitures à grande vitesse, même si nous avons vu les cyclistes sur eux. Nous aimerions mener une, piéton, la vie est lente pays. Pas de voitures.

En outre, des suggestions sur les endroits où acheter de la nourriture autour de Surister / Royompré / Jalhay / Polleur / Chernaux serait très apprécié.

6 Answers May 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Is the tour guided?

Barchon Mar 6, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I have a few questions.
      1) Is the tour guided?
      2) Can a person who does not speak French enjoy the visit?
      3)Would a nine year old enjoy this?
      4) Is the Fort de Loncin a good place to visit?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    • StevenA25's Profile Photo

Getting there

Raeren May 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Getting from Brussels to Raeren by train or bus

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Thalys question

Liège May 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Is it possible to purchase Thalys tickets at the Liege train station? I usually purchase online but will not be able to do so this year.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    • How to go from Brussels to Banneux?

Banneux May 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi there I would like to know how to get go to Banneux from Brussels by PUBLIC TRANSPORT. Many thanks for your help. Betsy

2 Answers May 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    • Hospital Le Valdor,

Liège Jan 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Does anyone know where exactly this place is located in Liege. And, can we get inside of this abondand building?

3 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • am-y's Profile Photo

A day in Liege - suggestions on what to do?

Province de Liège Aug 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Hi

I'll be coming into Liege from Luxembourg by train in the morning, and leaving in the morning of the next day. I have a few questions:

1) Is there anything anyone can recommend doing in this period?

2) Also, could you give me precise instructions on how to get to the attractions or sights that you suggest, from the Liege train station? Which is a good area to stay?

3) Finally, can anyone recommend a good place to buy Belgium dark chocolates or any other Belgium-made snacks/foodstuffs in Liege, near the attractions you recommend, or near the train station?

Thank you!

3 Answers Aug 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    • Night bus?

Liège Nov 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Hi
      Is there a night bus from Liege - Gullemens to Maastricht, i have a tight schedule and i may miss the last train from Liege to Maastricht.

11 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    • traveling from liege to malmedy

Liège Sep 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

i would like to know what is the easiest way to get from the town of liege to malmedy? we do not want to rent a car and i am not able to find a way through the internet?

4 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 3:37 AM
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix

Spa Jul 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hi All
      A friend and I will be in Belgium whilst the Grand Prix is on (well we extended our holiday to make sure).
      Now, I have no interest what-so-ever in Grand Prix so am looking to do something else.
      We can't decide whether to drive there or train, not sure where we'll be coming from, but hope you guys could help advise.
      Is it easy to travel to the race track by public transport? My friend has a ticket for Sunday 29th Aug. The official website only mentions travel by car and all the others I can find are only selling tickets or serious F1 info.
      And any suggestions on what I can do whilst he's watching the race? I'm thinking visit Liege but am open to suggestions. I like beer, modern art and design, second hand sales, architecture, taking photographs.
      Thanks.

• we135b's Profile Photo

Belgian Grand Prix

Spa Sep 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Did anyone go to the Belgian Grand Prix this year? Can you provide tips on the best viewing spots? public transportation to spa from paris? any race related activity in the local area?

• Best French Fries (Belgium Fries :) ) in Liege !

Liège Aug 30, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Hello,

i will be in Liege next saturday and i wanna eat the best fries in Liege :)
      Where can i find them ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Markus

3 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    • Expat group in Liège

Province de Liège Aug 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Hello,
      I would like to meet other expats in Liège. I'm French and Canadian, actually, my mother tongue is French, but I like speaking English (I speak German too).
      If you're francophone, you're more than welcome too!

I just miss the international touch and I am slowly creating a list of contact. Soon enough, I would like to invite the group to meet for a drink in Liège.

Please have a look at my blog and feel free to send me your feedback (or tips!)
      http://liege101.wordpress.com/

Thanks.
      The Loonie

2 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Train from Paris to Maastricht

Province de Liège Jun 23, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Hi

Me and my wife will be arriving at Paris CDG on August 30, 2009.
      From there I have to go to Maastricht to attend a conference.
      One of my options is to get on Thalys from Paris Nord and change trains at
      Liege.

on the Thalys web site there is a station named Liege and another one named
      "liege ABS"

What is the difference and which station I need to choose?

I have to go to Masstricht from Liege. Should I get a train or a taxi would be ok? What would be cost difference. Train will be 2 tickets ( me and wife)

If train, do I need to make reservations or I can buy ticket right then? Is there a web site (in english if possible) where I can check trains to Maastricht?

Thank you all

Qamar

7 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    • komodorecomrade's Profile Photo

Liege musee d'armes open in 2009?

Liège Mar 15, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Hi there,
      i was hoping maybe someone with local knowledge might point me in the right direction to get info about if this Liege museum is open after renovations? I have searched a bit on the internet but havent found the info i was looking for.

thanks!
      K

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM
    • Accomodation near Liege or Verviers for Formula One race in August

Province de Liège Feb 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Hello! For our trip to the Spa-Francorchamps Belgian Grand Prix, my husband and I are looking for accommodation (hotel, bed and breakfast, room in private house, vacation house?) for Thursday night 27 August to Monday 31 August, preferably close to Verviers. We hope to keep the price under200 USD/night. We are not having luck in finding available rooms for this weekend, even now several months before the race! Yikes! Your suggestions are appreciated. If you have done this trip to the Grand Prix in the past, your comments on transportation options would be very welcome. We are hoping to travel only by train and bus but may consider renting a car if necessary or suggested.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    • ACCOMMODATION!!!!

Liège Nov 25, 2008 at 4:07 AM

Hi everybody!!
      I'm just wondering if somebody could please help me!! Im goin to Liege for 3 months in January and am having the most difficult time tryin to find a nice furnished, central appartment for that length of time, everybody wants to rent an unfurnished appartment for 6 and 700 euro a month, its ridiculous!! I will only be there for 3 months and im looking for somewhere furnished, if anybody could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!
      Thank you all,
      Emma!

1 Answer Nov 25, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    • Standard v Everton

Province de Liège Sep 27, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I am coming over last minute for the game and as the hotels in Liege were all booked up I have booked a hotel in Ebn Email La Vallee Du Geer. I am not sure how far it is from Liege and how easy or expensive it will be to get a taxi back there after the game. It may even be easier to go for a post match drink nearer to the hotel. Appreciate some feedback thanks. We are coming over in a car so may drive into liege or near the ground and leave the car there and pick it up the next day when we drive back

5 Answers Sep 27, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    • BrenfromEngland's Profile Photo

Standard v Everton

Liège Sep 20, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Hi
      I'm coming to Liege for the Everton game on 2 October.
      Can anybody advise of good places for a few beers with the locals please?
      Most Everton fans are likely to head for the central areas - any English pubs / Irish bars.
      I'd prefer somewhere a little more obscure to mingle with locals.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    • Please help

Liège Sep 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hello when i arrive at Liege Guillemins station can i get another train to Liege Palais or would it be better to get a bus/taxi to my destination (Hôtel Hors-Château-Hors Château,62
      Liège (Province De Liège) would it cost much in a taxi and am i near the centre of town? thanks.

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    • From Liege to Brussels in midnight

Liège Aug 13, 2008 at 5:40 AM

Hello !

What are my options to travel from Liege to Brussels around 23.30-00.00?
      I understand that last train is leaving 23:08

1 Answer Aug 13, 2008 at 6:04 AM
    • Coin Lockers

Liège May 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hi! i wonder if there are coin lockers at the Guiliemme railway station

2 Answers May 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

A local hotel directly in Eupen

Eupen May 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Hello, I am looking for a hotel/gasthaus in the center of Eupen. I know of the Best Western Hotel Boston but, I am looking for a reasonably priced location near the center. I will be traveling in September. Thank you in advance, Charlesracine

2 Answers May 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM
    • jerryttk's Profile Photo

How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

Liège Dec 17, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Hey there,

I would deeply appreciate if someone could tell me the best way to reach Liege from Aachen by bus or train. And if the NRW ticket valid for travel from Liege to Aachen then to Cologne? Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 17, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    • English translation of "gous gous"?

Province de Liège Nov 11, 2007 at 6:53 AM

My in-laws came to America from Belgium 75 years ago. They were french speakers. I have been looking for a translation of a fun word they would routinely use. Gous Gous. It would be used for the desert of a meal, sweets and candies, or by me as the good things of life.
      Any background on this term? I have never heard it used outside of my wife's family. Joe

9 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    • Liege Railway Station

Liège Jul 30, 2007 at 6:20 AM

My elderly parents are travelling by train from Cologne, Germany to England (Eurostar from Brussells). However they have to change trains at LIEGE (from Archen) for their onward journey to Brussels but only have 9 minutes to do so. Can anyone tell me the size of this railway station as they are very worried about changing platforms in such a short time.
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    • Question about Canoe - Travels on the Ambleve

Sougné-Remouchamps Jul 23, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Hello,
      next week - end we have invited Friends for a boat - travel on the Ambleve like we have done a few years ago alone. Unfortunately i have lost the adress and telephone number to contact.
      Can you tell me an adress of a canoe renting service on the Ambleve near Remouchamps?
      Thank You very much
      Yours Martin

• jj1807's Profile Photo

Looking for someone to help me find an old cafe

Malmédy Jul 9, 2007 at 4:38 PM

I am attempting to locate a cafe near Malmédy where my grandfather stayed in December of 1944 as a US soldier. It is not the cafe associated with the massacre which was set on fire at that time. I have collected several clues from my grandfather about the cafe and its location but, so far, I have not been able to determine its name or actual location.

I would be extremely grateful if someone who is familiar with the area could help me attempt to identify it. My goal is to visit the location someday. I recognize that the building may no longer be standing or is very likely now being used for another purpose.

If anyone would like to assist, please contact me by sending an e-mail through this site to user jj1807. Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2007 at 12:44 AM
    • Maxim_Kiev_Ukraine's Profile Photo

Getting from BRUSSELS AIRPORT to LIEGE, possible options

Liège Jun 25, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Hallo dear Virtual and real travellers,

I was invited for an interview by a belgian company located in Liege. I am arriving to Brussels airport on the 22nd or on the 23rd of july and planning to spend 4 days in Liege.

Can someone of experienced locals advice me what are the options for getting to Liege?

There is Independence day close to my arrival :), will the trains/buses be follwing their usual schedule on those days??

Thanks in advance and regards from Kiev, Ukraine :))

4 Answers Jun 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM
    • violette_ca's Profile Photo

les incontournables, inevitable things to see

Liège Jun 11, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Bonjour, Hi folks!!

Je serai en Belgique du 9 juillet au 20 juillet. J'aimerais visiter la ville de Liege. Est-ce qu'il y a des trucs incontournable à ne pas manquer? Je n'aurai que le train pour me déplacer.

I will be in Belgium july 9th until july 20th. I would like to visit Liege. Is there somethings that i can't miss to see?

Have nice trips, bon voyage!!!

Violette

2 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM