Province d' Ouarzazate

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to buy 100% argan oil Casablanca

Morocco Dec 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Need the real deal for body (none of the adulterated stuff). Where is the best place to get it in Casablanca?

more
    • Syvde's Profile Photo

How much luggage can you take on a train?

Casablanca 2 hours ago

My wife and I are planning a train trip from Casablanca to Rabat. We will travel first class, in order to have reserved seats. We will have one medium-sized suitcase each, but too big for an overhead rack. Are there spaces in the cars for luggage, or do we have to look into checking the luggage for this short journey?

more
    • trips to Marrakech

Agadir Yesterday

are there any trips to Marrakech from Agadir? and how much does it cost?

more
    • 2 days/One night trip from Marrakech to Zagora

Morocco Dec 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM

My boyfriend and I will be spending 4 days in Marrakesh in December third week and are hoping to do a 2 day / 1 night trip down to Ouarzazate and Zagora in order to see some of the things around Ouarzazate and to do a camel trip and spend the night in the desert near Zagora.

Is it worth it to do this trip or should we just spend the time in Marrakesh? Is the desert worth seeing in Zagora?

I am looking at the tour companies online which include travel, guided tour and a night in the tents.Does anyone have any recommendations of tour companies that we can do this with? How much should we expect to pay for this sort of tour?

Are there likely to be any problems with these roads over the winter?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

This is the itinerary that they are proposing-
      Day 1:
      This tour includes pick up from your Hotel in Marrakech.
      The tour Departs from Marrakech at around 07:00hrs in a modern, air conditioned vehicle.
      Travelling over the Atlas mountains to reach our first site, Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, where you can freely explore the Kasbah. Note that there is not an entrance fee to enter the Kasbah and you are not obliged to hire a guide.
      Following along the route, we then arrive at Ouarzazate, the gateway to the desert, and the Moroccan city known for Hollywood movies being located and filmed here.
      There are 2 opportune times to visit Ouarzazate on this tour. The tour allows for time for a visit of Ouarzazate on either day 1 or day 2, depending upon the schedule. It is possible to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour, subject to time. The small cost of about 3.00 euros entrance to the studios is not included in the cost of the tour. Entry to the Studios is voluntary.
      Following your Ouarzazate visit, we continue along the route, experiencing the Draa Valley, en route to Zagora.
      Once we arrive at Zagora, we have time to explore, until just prior to sunset.
      At the beginning of Sunset, we will join our camels and head off into the desert for a 2 hour Camel trek to reach our Berber desert camp for the night.
      The camp provides private Berber bivouacs, evening meal and Breakfast.
      Full bedding is included at the camp. Everyone has a tent to sleep in, but if you wish, you can sleep out under the stars to enjoy this amazing free lightshow, with the stars being so bright in the Desert.

Day 2:
      After a traditional Berber breakfast we have a two hour camel ride at sunrise to explore the area further.
      We then start our return journey to Marrakech, stopping off at some highlights on the way.
      Our journey takes us over the high Atlas Mountains for the enjoyment of magnificent views of the surrounding country and to see the local communities who live in these mountains.
      We return to Marrakech, arriving at around 17:00hrs or 18:00hrs.

more
    • exchanging money

Agadir Yesterday

where is the best place to exchange money and what is the exchange rate for the british pound?

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Need to prebook excursions?

Marrakesh Dec 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hoping to visit marrakesh mid march of 2015 and was wondering if day trips (tuesday berber market and ait benhaddou) need to be prearranged or can i just arrange while there? we would be arriving in the evening on a sunday. we would hope to do the tuesday berber tour and go to ait benhaddou on wednesday. I have been looking at the tours offered online, but mainly just to get an estimate of how much i will be spending. thanks.

more
    • sossa1949's Profile Photo

Road conditions after November floods - can anyone give an update, please?

Morocco Dec 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I was in Morocco in November, during the recent devestating floods, and am aware that some bridges and roads collapsed especially in the South.

I am visiting again in February and am wondering how easy it will be to travel around from Agadir (eg. Sidi Ifni, Mirleft,Tafraoute, Essaouira)

I have been unable to find any updates at all on the internet so if anyone has any useful links, I would be grateful!!!

Thank you for your help

more
    • is it safe

Marrakesh Dec 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

is it safe, are muggings common

more
    • Elisse23's Profile Photo

about safety

Fes Nov 30, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Is it safe for wemens to visit Marocco? especially Fes and Casablanca

more
    • is the harrassment bad

Marrakesh Dec 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM

is the constant harrassment spoil things

more
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Best time of year to visit?

Morocco Dec 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi! Appreciate your advice as to the best time of the year to visit Morocco for a vacation, weather-wise?! Thanking you in advance for your replies.

more

Popular Province d' Ouarzazate Travel Answer Locations

• from marrakesh to ouarzazate

Ouarzazate Jul 22, 2014 at 2:19 AM

from marrakesh to ouarzazate by bus or taxy, time and cost please

30 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    • Ouazazate to Chefchouen

Ouarzazate Apr 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I want to go by bus from Ouarzazate to Chefchouen via Merzouga. What are my options? If I wanted to stop off one night in one of the towns would there be another bus the next day to carry on my trip to Chefchoen?

10 Answers May 13, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • thenorbeast's Profile Photo

Ouarzazate - Demnate (R307)

Ouarzazate Jan 11, 2014 at 3:04 AM

We'd like to cross the Atlas from Ouarzazate to Demnate via R307 road with a small car (so no 4X4 or similar) I just checked some pictures and I found some where I haven't seem any asphalt. So around 10/March do you think is it doable with a small car? And if so, how long should I count for the trip. I am a good driver so that shouldn't make a problem.
      Thank you!

9 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • thenorbeast's Profile Photo

Crossing the Atlas in February

Ouarzazate Oct 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

We are planning to fo from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate in the middle or end of February (depens on Ryanair ticket prices). I'd like to ask, is it even possible to cross the Atlas that time of the year?
      Thank you!

10 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    • transport to Zagora

Ouarzazate Oct 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

the ctm bus only goes around 04.00 in the morning or at 16.00 o'clock.
      I hope someone can give me advice how to go to Zagora at a better time and how much this will cost. We are with two persons.

9 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • luca81's Profile Photo

marrakech to anmiter

Anmiter Aug 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM

how to go from marrakech to anmitar?
      I'll going to marrakech and I've only to days to visit this place (anmiter)

13 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • pippiwitch's Profile Photo

Renting a car

El Kelaa des Mgouna May 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM

i was concerned that as a woman driving alone might be an issue but i am reconsidering

can someone give me advice about renting a car in Marrakesh and driving to Draa valley?

12 Answers May 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    • pippiwitch's Profile Photo

How do i get from Marrakesh to El Kelaa Des M'Gouna?

El Kelaa des Mgouna Apr 30, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I do not want to rent a car how do i go by public transport from Marrakesh to El Kelaa Des M'Gouna?

12 Answers May 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Laundry Facilities in Tineghir

Tinerhir Sep 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

We will be staying at the hotel Kenzi Saghro in Tineghir,Morocco in early October. As 50 pounds is the limit on Air France, we will need to do laundry or take it to a laundry nearby. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you!

4 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    • Piste/road to Megdaz from the R307

Megdaz Feb 2, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Ill be going to Morocco in a couple of weeks and returning to Marrakech via the R307 rather than Tizi-n-Tichka. Id love to take a detour down to Megdaz. Ok, its a 2WD hire car. I doubt its possible, but does anybody know the condition of the route to Megdaz and the possibilty of doing it in a car?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    • Anmiter location

Anmiter Nov 9, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Can anyone give me the GPS coordinates for Anmiter? Also is it possible for a minibus to get there from Telouet or is it an unsealed road. Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    • walking in Animter

Anmiter Aug 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I've seen a walking holiday (for 3-4 days) with Exodus centred in Anmiter. It seems to be a place off the beaten track (say compared to Imlil). Is it an interesting place to go walking (they mention e.g eTizi'n'Ourghsan and back down the Ouarikt River. Lake Tamda)). Will I get decent views of the higher mountains? Sorry for my ignorance.

5 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    • where to go to 3 nights camel safari off the beaten track

Zagora Nov 5, 2010 at 3:45 PM

hi, we want to do a 2-3 night / 3-4 day max trip by camel over new years eve! not counting the travel from / to marrakesch.
      important is: the fewer other camel safaris, 4wd, other western zivilisation around, the better. we are looking for The Nature Experience!
      we planned to go to erg lehoudi starting from zagora, but now read there might be a "rubbish in the dunes problem". is iriki oasis an option? any other ideas? experiences with tour operators? thank you very much. your desert tortoise.

1 Answer Nov 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    • opening hours in kasbah taourirt

Ouarzazate Oct 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

urgently need opening hours to Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate.

2 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    • bus advice

Ouarzazate May 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM

How long to travel by bus from ouarzazate to essouira via agadir or via tiz'n'tiska pass if possible?
      Thank you if you can help.

7 Answers May 7, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    • ouerzazate-zagora-merzouga

Zagora Mar 16, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I've got 10 days to visit Ouerzazate,(that I already know) Zagora, Merzouga and possibly Erfud and back

What the best way to move around? Rent a car or there are some kind of public transport.?
      I want to "feel" the desert, possibly have 1 or 2 nights sleeping there: what do you recommend? (I do not love too much touristic packages.... but if there is no other way...)
      Does somebody know Ouerzazate airport:?? I've found a cheap flight from Casablanca, arriving at midnight....I wonder if it is OK
      Do you recommend some hotel (medium price) and some guide??

Thanks in advance
      Susanna

5 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    • Taxi between Marrakech to Ouarzazate

Ouarzazate Mar 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Can you take a taxi between Marrakech and Ouarzazate? Cost and length of trip? Tks

1 Answer Mar 17, 2009 at 3:32 AM
    • Car Rental & Bus: Ouarzazate

Province d' Ouarzazate Jan 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Thanks a lot to everyone for your comments and quick help on the earlier post. We still plan to take a bus from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and drive onwards. I am hoping to get your inputs on just 2 pending things:

1. Car rental at Ouarzazate: Can someone recommend a good and cheap car rental place in the downtown area? I have checked out Hertz/Avis/Budget/EuroCar and was wondering if there was another reliable place. Also, will a sub-compact or compact car (like Ford Ka) be okay for a drive into Merzouga?

2. CTM bus schedule: Does anyone know if there are any evening buses from Ouarzazate to Marrakech? We start in the morning from Merzouga and need to be in Casablanca by next morning. If we don't fly from OZZ, wondering if we can still get there.

Cheers
      Ait benhaddou

• Ouarzazate holiday

Province d' Ouarzazate Jan 21, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Hello everybody
      We spent our summer vacation for one month in Maroc, out of which 2 weeks we stayed in Ouarzazate and we found accommodation from a site www.zoufi.com. Everyhting was perfect and our host was very special, he was our guide for all the period we stayed there. Now we want to go again in july and to take part of an desert expedition. If someone knows information about this expedition...cause they said there will participate groups from many countries, please leave a message on this forum.

1 Answer Feb 20, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    • Getting past Ouarzazate

Province d' Ouarzazate Dec 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Hello!

I am going to Morocco for seven full days at the end of the month and am looking for some good trips from Marrakesh to see the desert / sea.

I came across Ouarzazate, which looks like it is very near to some great scenery. However, I will be dependent on public transportation (buses, taxis, etc.) and am wondering if it is feasible to visit for example the valley of Draa, and other near-by areas without renting a car.

Thank you for your help!

3 Answers Dec 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM
    • from marrakech to ouarzazate in january

Province d' Ouarzazate Nov 5, 2008 at 1:24 AM

I would like to go to ouarzazate in January by a rent car but I heard it is quite dangerous because of snow and a lot of trucks on the (narrow?) road.
      Has anybody gone in January to this mountains?
      Thank you for your replies.
      Javier

1 Answer Nov 5, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    • mockle's Profile Photo

Bus times from Ouarzazate to Marrakesh

Ouarzazate Nov 2, 2008 at 6:54 AM

hello all

I hope someone knows the answer to my question.

My partner and I are travelling late December (the week before Christmas) to Morocco.

Our itinerary is to set off from Marrakesh by bus to Ouarzazate and then hire a car to travel from Ouarzazate to the Draa valley, Dades gorge etc.

We have travelled to Morocco several times before but never in that region. I am aware that Supratours run to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh as do CTM.

I have the time details for leaving but I really need to time travel details for setting back off from Ouarzazate to Marrakesh. I need those details in order to pre-book the car hire, most car hire companies require a time of pick up which I cannot give at the moment.

These are the details that I have for the outward journey, but I need the return times.

CTM :: leaves 11am – arrives 3pm or leaves 4pm and arrives at 8.30pm (2 journeys a day)

Supratours :: leaves 2pm – arrives 8pm

Notice how Supratours take a lot longer to get there...

Many thanks for all your input, I realise that this is a frequently asked question.

7 Answers Nov 4, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    • Bus travel from Marrakesh to Ourzazate

Province d' Ouarzazate Oct 7, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hello

I'd like to travel from Marrakesh to Ourzazate by bus (CTM) during the last week of November. Would that be difficult? I'm not sure what happens with those mountains in November - does it snow?! Also, would I be able to get a ticket when I arrive in Marrakesh (couple of days before travelling by bus). I can't see any way to book in advance on their website.

Thank you very much.

Cathy

4 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    • coming trip to Mhamid and beyond

Zagora Mar 27, 2008 at 9:57 AM

We have 2 to 3 days with a rented normal car to visit "the desert" for the first time, around April 9-12. Please can someone advise us:
      -a possible schedule with where to stay and what to see
      -I read it will be necessary to find a 4 x4 to see the dunes (muy wife is not too keen on camels)
      We are not high livers. We just want to soak up the beauty and the peace and silence for a couple of days on our first trip to the South.
      Thank you so much to anyone who can help.
      We are a British couple living in Madrid in late 60's early 70,s but pretty active and love walking

5 Answers Apr 2, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    • dougcall's Profile Photo

Visiting Dades Valley and Gorge May 18-22

Province d' Ouarzazate Feb 19, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Does anyone know a good guide to use for seeing the really cool kasbahs, including the abandones ones in the Dades Valley. I really like hiking and exploring and wonder if it's acceptable for an american to be hiking around in the mountains around the kasbahs? I'm really interested in taking pictures as much as I can and love the Moroccan architecture. I was thinking of staying at Chez Pierre.

7 Answers Apr 24, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    • Bus times to Ouarzazate

Ouarzazate Oct 21, 2007 at 3:28 AM

Hi, I am arriving in Marrakesh in December at 19:00 and need to get to Ouarzazate that evening. is it possible? I have looked at the Supratours site but unless I am missing something I can't see any buses to Ouarzazate??

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

5 Answers Oct 26, 2007 at 4:32 AM
    • Hanna~may's Profile Photo

hello

Ouarzazate Sep 11, 2007 at 6:22 AM

Hello, im just wondering, im going to ouarzazate at the end of september for 10 days on my own do you think that is ok, because alot of people have said that morocco is dangerous for a younng girl on her own, what do you think?
      Hanna

3 Answers Sep 23, 2007 at 7:37 PM
    • By bus to Ait Benhaddou ?

Ait Ben Haddou Jul 15, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Hello,
      We'd like to visit Ait Benhaddou from Marrakech (not from Ouarzazate). Are there any direct buses Marrakech-Ait Benhaddou, or do we have to go to Ouarzazate first and then get a grand taxi there?

Your answer is very much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Christina

1 Answer Aug 9, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    • Fes to Ouarzazate bus

Ouarzazate Mar 26, 2007 at 11:52 AM

I am visiting Morocco in May and want to travel from Fes to Ouarzazate. I have read that there is an overnight bus but have been unable to find any further details, such as which company runs it, times and cost. Does anyone have any information?

• TRAVELING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE

Ouarzazate Feb 28, 2007 at 6:59 PM

TRAVELLING FROM MARRAKECH TO OUARZAZATE.
      We are travelling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and would like to fly or have an English speaking driver. Can anyone provide details of how long it would take in a car and the cost or what airline would fly between the 2 cities? What timetable and cost.

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 12:10 AM