Province d' Ouarzazate Travel Answers

change location

Getting past Ouarzazate

by Shoverse Online Now Dec 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Hello!

I am going to Morocco for seven full days at the end of the month and am looking for some good trips from Marrakesh to see the desert / sea.

I came across Ouarzazate, which looks like it is very near to some great scenery. However, I will be dependent on public transportation (buses, taxis, etc.) and am wondering if it is feasible to visit for example the valley of Draa, and other near-by areas without renting a car.

Thank you for your help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Getting past Ouarzazate

by Heleneheart Online Now Dec 4, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Hi,
    I would like to let you know that it is imposible to make this trip without renting a car as the Draa Valley is a bit far.
    Cheers,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Re: Getting past Ouarzazate

by TheLongTone Online Now Dec 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM

What?? The Draa valley may be more than a walk from Ouarzezate, but Morocco is rammed with public transport options.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Getting past Ouarzazate

by angiebabe Online Now Dec 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I recommend renting a car as pretty much the best and most time efficient way to see sights and routes around Morocco but as TheLongTone says above Morocco is rammed (crammed?!) with public transport and options for getting about with a car! there are buses and grande taxis and there are tours put together by many of the Moroccans that are going into business with 4x4 and so on to take tourists out sightseeing.

Easy enough to get to the sea at Essaouira by bus and find a good/on your budget place to stay - Ive got a recommended/good on your budget place to stay in amongst my tips on Essaouira for example.

There are buses and grande taxis from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and to recommended Telouet along that route - and then from Ouarzazate down to Zagora. Ive got a few tips in my Zagora page on Riad Malal just north of Zagora who I recommmend for a good place to stay and they provide tours and trips around the area including down to the desert.

Have a look around my and other Vters pages that give good info and pics on many places around Marrakech and elsewhere in Morocco.

All the best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province d' Ouarzazate Travel Answer Locations