Province d' Essaouira Travel Answers

change location
sophief's Profile Photo

is sunbathing in a bikini a bad idea?

by sophief Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 5:05 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering about sunbathing in Essaouira - is it inappropriate to wear a bikini on the beach? Or on the hotel terrace (if they have any kind of sunbathing area)? I've also heard it's rather windy on the beach - is there anywhere else to sunbathe, e.g. a swimming pool or something in the area that we could go to? Sunbathing isn't the be all and end all for me, I just wondered whether to bring a bikini with me or not!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: is sunbathing in a bikini a bad idea?

by Alexa33 Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Definetley take your bikini!
    I was there a couple of weeks ago, and you will see local women in all kinds of dresses at the beach - from those totally covered to those wearing biknis as Western women!

Nobody even raises an eyebrow on a bikini.

And I disagree with the former writer on the young guys: Also I was a blonde bikini-wearing woman alone, Essaouira beach was the most hassle-free place I expereinced in Morocco.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sophief's Profile Photo

Re: is sunbathing in a bikini a bad idea?

by sophief Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 4:38 AM

Thanks guys! I'll be with my boyfriend anyway, so I'm not so worried about being hassled I just didn't want to be seen as some kind of flasher! I guess I'll take the approach of wearing a bikini on the beach providing other people are too, but having an emergency sarong to hand just in case.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Province d' Essaouira Travel Answer Locations