change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bennytheball's Profile Photo

PAYG mobile phone SIM cards.

Morocco Jan 25, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I'm in the planning stages for my next trip to Morocco and need some advice about local SIM cards for Moroccan networks. I have a PAYG Huawei smartphone, now unlocked from the venal Vodafone network and want to buy a local SIM card with pre-loaded data plan, I'm not a lazy hound and have done my homework, proof here....

prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia....

But I find the information confusing, I will need 15 gigs for thirty days, and see the potential for rip-offs in setting up the phone with the local card, I can do this myself, provided it only involves switching the cards, but the outlet might want to charge an additional commission fee for this service. I only need this data plan to check the weather forecast while travelling, I won't be making any phone calls with the Huawei, I have another O2 phone for emergency use.

So, can any members with "hands-on" experience point me in the right direction?

No touts or theorists, please!

Benny.

more
    • looking for travellers to join a sahara/atlas tour from Marrakech on Tues 20 Jan

Morocco Jan 18, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Hey

My friend Edgar and I are planning to go on a 4 night trip, Tuesday 20 Jan to Saturday this week. We're both from the UK and wanting to travel the Sahara and Atlas mountains, starting in Marrakech. We'll probably go on a private tour, but looking for other travellers to join up with to have some company and to share the cost.

Reply if you're interested in joining up!

Tom

more
    • Itinerary suggestions!

Morocco Jan 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM

We've finally come to an (almost) certain decision about our honeymoon itinerary for this coming June-July. I'd love if anyone would give us a few of their top favorite: Riads/ hotels, restaurants/cafés, day trips/sights to see, etc. in each place listed on the itinerary! Whatever you've got to offer! :) here it is:

1.) June 28th 10:30pm LAX-Malaga: land Monday June 29th 11:55 pm
      (Flight 7084, 5551) 736$ each (Norwegian airlines/Kayak.com)

• Arrange for pick-up from Malaga airport to riad
      • Book riad for June 29th and June 30th-- Check out July 1st

2.) July 1st: Suprabus from Malaga to Seville (9am?)
      Stay in Seville from July 1st- July 4th

• Book riads/hotels for July 1st-3rd-- Check out on July 4th

3.) July 4th: Ryan Air flight from Seville to Marrakesh (5:30pm, 33 euro)
      Stay in Marrakesh 4th- 8th

• Book riads/hotels for 4th-7th --Check out on July 8th

4.) July 8th: Suprabus from Marrakesh to Essaouira (9 am?, 3.5 hours, 20$ each)
      Stay in Essaouira July 8th- 11th

• Book riads/hotels July 8th-10th --Check out the 11th

5.) July 11th: Suprabus from Essaouira to Marrakesh in am.
      Stay in Marrakesh July 11th

• Book riad/hotel for July 11th --check out on the 12th

6.) July 12th: Ryan Air flight from Marrakesh to Paris, France (2:30pm to the ORLY airport in Paris, 53 euro each through EDreams, Ryan Air/Jetairfly; takes 2.3hr)
      Stay in Paris July 12th-15th

• Book hostels/hotels for July 12th-14th-- Check out July 15th

7.) July 15th 9:15pm Paris- LAX 12pm (Flight 4314 & 7087; from Smartfares.com, Norwegian airline; $736 each)

more
    • Fes airport - oujda

Oujda Jan 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi im thinking about going to Morocco this summer and Im landing in fes saïss airport and I want to take the CTM bus to Oujda so I only have one problem that's how do I go from the airport to the CTM bus station??? Thanks for the help!

more
    • Adventure Activities

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 7:49 AM

How much is it for buggies (tours/rentals), quad biking(tours/rentals), moped rentals, jet sKi'ing, boat trip, scuba diving, souse park tree adventure, etc.

Looking for stuff more active, i shall be arriving in April

more
    • Agadir Excursions

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi am looking to go Agadir (Morocco) in April 2015, and would appreciate if someone can give me and insight on excursion/activities available and the PRICES and from whom.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel in April - Queries

Marrakesh Jan 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I am in initial stages of planning a trip to Marrakesh - Morocco. I plan to have around 2 1/2 days to spend in and around of Marrakesh. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids (aged 9 and 6). My questions are
      - Is this place safer - we will not stay outside after dark but wanted to get some cautions/comforts
      - are there any health issue to ebola or other scars going on in Africa
      - If I need to visit sight-seeing places, what is the best mode to travel important places. Are there good group tours that one can recommend?
      - Generally what are the must-see places that you will recommend

more
    • Mezon1's Profile Photo

To Ain Ben Haddou by small car from Agadir and Marrakesch

Ait Ben Haddou Jan 11, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We plan to stay in Marrakesh from 20 to 28 of January. We would like to rent a car in Marrakesch and spend 2 or 3 days Ain Ben Haddou.
      Is the road from Marrakesch to Ain Ben Haddou safe and good enough for small car?
      Is the road no N10 form Ait Ben Haddou to Agadir safe and good for small car?

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants

Marrakesh Jan 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Marrakech? How easy is it to get a vegetarian meal in a regular eating place and what should be asked for?

Autumn9

more
    • Oriental music

Tangier 5 hours ago

I always go where the music takes me
      Can u direct me to a bar with oriental band.also I like modern European musique.i am shy but always ready to boogy if wanted

more
    • quality of environment in sidi ifni

Sidi Ifni Jan 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM

is it very windy in sidi ifni all the time? is it safe to swim in the sea - currents etc? is it ok( acceptable locally ) to lie on beach?

more
    • sossa1949's Profile Photo

Flying from Agadir Airport

Morocco Jan 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I'm flying Agadir to Manchester with Monarch on 14 February. Looks like I'm not able to print out boarding passes for this journey! Do I just turn up at the check-in desk with my hand luggage and passport (and hope for the best!!!!)

Thank you, Sooze

more
    • Weather currently

Agadir Jan 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Anyone currently in agadir that can tell me if it is sun bathing weather. I'm arriving 29th

more
    • Excursions/Activities

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Does any one here actually provide tours/excursions/activities in Agadir. If so what do you provide and for how much.

more
    • Driving fromRabat to Merzouga

Morocco Jan 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I know it is not recommended but we would like to get from Rabat to Merzouga in 1 day. Possible? How much time would be realistic to allow?

more
    • Tangier - where does it stand on tourist map

Tangier Jan 29, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Does Tangier have a Spanish flavour.a french taste. A moroccan palet or an amalgamation of the three.Does one have ascendancy culturally. Why is Tangier on the lower echelon of Moroccan Tourism

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

general safety question...

Marrakesh Jan 13, 2015 at 10:35 AM

just wondering, is it safe to wear an american style wedding ring in marrakesh and the surrounding areas? I always ask this question when i go to a new place, thailand/cambodia(yes), colombia (no don't wear it!), etc, so I am not picking on marrakesh in particular!!!

more
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

Best month to travel?

Morocco Jan 28, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hello, i am planning to visit Morocco. I plan to travel around, and visit the north, as well the south and west, so i am not only in one region. I van bear temperatures unto 35 degrees Celcius and i would like to avoid heavy rains. What will be the best period to travel?
      Thank you!

more
    • Spain and Morocco honeymoon advice

Morocco Jan 11, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Hello fellow travelers! My fiancé and I are having a difficult time planning our honeymoon, and would love help!
      Here is what we've been thinking so far: We are interested in starting in Spain. Sevilla/e looks wonderful, as does Madrid, Valencia, Granada, and Malaga looks decent and we've heard pretty good things about it. From there (after spending time in 2 places for 3 days each, or something close to that), we'd like to move on to Morocco either by bus and then fast ferry into Tangier where we would quickly move on to somewhere else: places nearby Fez that we are interested in are Asilah, Chefchaouen, Sefrou and Volobilis. The other option would be to go from Spain to more southern Morocco, near Marrakesh. Places near Marrakesh we are interested in are Essouira, and Diabat ("the castle in the sand"). We are not interested in Casablanca, unless we are just departing there to come back home. We are also up for any and all suggestions and alterations, or new information and areas we have not yet thought about.

For our honeymoon we are looking to experience a combination of culture, sightseeing and easy adventures, as well as leisure, romance, and lots of great food and authentic, spanish and moroccan entertainment. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Thank you so much. My phone number and email is listed in my signature below.

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

10 days tour without a car

Morocco Jan 9, 2015 at 9:32 PM

there's a great possibilty to be there for 10 days.
      we fly in/out of Casablanca.
      any ideas for a 10 day itinerary?
      is it easy to tour around without a car?

more
    • uk to tangier

Tangier Jan 26, 2015 at 4:54 AM

It seems that a flight from london to malaga and a ferry from port Tarifa to Tangier seems the easiest itinerary. I do find travel hard work and this trajectory seems reasonable. I cannot swim so I hope the ferry has lifeboats.i am mindful of that Titanic film.

more
    • uk flight and hotel

Tangier Jan 22, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Is there a direct uk flight to Tangier.Is hotel Tarik well placed for nightlife

more
    • Mcdonalds restaurant

Tangier Jan 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I am partial to a snack hamburger n fries and wondered of there was a McDonald's or a Berber King in Tangier. I visit them in marrakesh and agadir

more

Popular Province d' Agadir Travel Answer Locations

• long term rental in taghazout

Taghazout Sep 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM

hello everybody my name i patrick im 24 years old and i am looking for a place to rent,but it seems unlikely to find one,everything is oriented to tourism.If anyone can help i would appreciate it,i am leaving in october cant afford 300€ a week. Regards Patrick.

11 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • safe swimming in the sea

Taghazout Jan 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to swim in the sea (in october)- I am not into surfing and not a strong swimmer. I love the sound of the resort but want to swim safely? please be honest.....

4 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • Ideas to Celebrate a 30th

Agadir Dec 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Hi, I'm looking for ideas to help my girlfriend celebrate her 30th birthday. We'll be in Agadir (well Taghazout) next week and I want to do something for the day.

Any ideas welcome. Nice spa's and massages, local traditions, nice viewpoint, etc.

Thanks

Hari

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    • What to wear?

Agadir Sep 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM

I m going to Agadir in October for two weeks with my boyfreind. I am concerned about what I can wear. Can i wear a bikini on the beach? Do i have to cover up at all times? Im guessing i can wear dresses in the evening in my hotel but what about walking around the town, harbour and resturants in the evening? should I be covered up????

7 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • agadir

Province d' Agadir Feb 10, 2012 at 5:14 AM

hi we are visiting agadir in june this year and wanted advice on places to go, i have two children.(9 and 5) In october last year i took them to kenya and we visited local villages, small local schools etc. I would like to do the same for our visit in June and wondered if anyone could suggest any villages/schools/places, thanks so much

2 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    • ark527's Profile Photo

Surfing and camping Morroco with 4 year old

Agadir Aug 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

hi Everyone,

As the title of this post suggests, me and my girlfriend are planning on a surf trip to Morroco, the region of Agadir/Taghazout during november this year. Our idea is to spend as much time as possible in the region, so we can stay away from the Scandinavian winter for as long as possible. So at least 2 months. We would like to find a safe camping ground close to some surf spots where we could spend most of our time as the main purpose is to surf. Staying in backpackers and surfcamps would force us to make the trip shorter due to the price these places charge nowadays, so we are taking tents and intend to camp. We also want to take our surfboards, wetsuits etc.. as well as our 4 year old son. Anyway, if someone could share some experience on the following issues it would be very much appreciated:

Does anyone know about camping grounds on the region? Fees?
      Safety on camping grounds?
      Things to look out for when travelling with kids on the region?
      Best ways to get around without a car?

I have other doubts that are not coming to mind now, but i will post them as the threads come in. Thank you.

Rafael.

5 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    • Landing in Marrakesh 27th Aug

Agadir Jul 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Does anyone know how much a taxi to Agadir will cost, I have tried to prebook one but it cost £100's and I'm sure it will be cheaper to find a local

3 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    • TIFNITE

Province d' Agadir Jan 13, 2011 at 7:14 AM

We have booked a great cave in Tifnite which is near Agadir but cannot find much about the area has anyone been there and if so any info would be great.

Would be good to know how far Tifnite is from Agadir airport and if there is any public transport for any of the journey or would we need to use taxi all the way.

1 Answer Jan 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    • cpindur4

Province d' Agadir Jul 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Coming to Agadir in aug. Can anyone give me the name of a GREAT shop that makes leather jackets?

• Gay life in Agadir

Agadir May 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Are there some gayfriendly places - bars, restaurants, clubs, disco...? Is it safe to meet local gays?

10 Answers May 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    • im after a clean nice hotel near the beach

Agadir Apr 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM

hello coming to adagir in aug been looking at lots of reviews on hotels, im stuck really at which to choose i want a nice one with good breakfast near beach but when i look at reviews there either too expensive or all have faults for example people have said bugs/cockroaches dirty rooms small rude staff miles away awful food etc
      so can anyone reccomend a value for money spacious clean hotel with b and b included for 2 adults and 1 child

3 Answers May 26, 2010 at 4:16 AM
    • gwenjones's Profile Photo

Weather in July and August

Province d' Agadir Jan 6, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Keep reading about the mist in July and August, does this really effect the holiday and the hot weather, which is one of the reason that I have chosen this destination

2 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    • jessphil's Profile Photo

Morocco Agadir in January 08

Agadir Dec 11, 2008 at 7:05 AM

Hi

myself and husband will be visiting Agadir this January
      we will be staying at Hotel Timoulay has anyone stayed there?
      can anyone tell us what its like? what the weather is likely to be doing?
      and what the best day trips are, resurants, markets, shops and of course the best beaches to visit.

do you have to have any injections before we go?
      is it a safe place?

thanks Jess

3 Answers Dec 12, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    • aga_i's Profile Photo

from Agadir to Casablanca by bus or train?

Agadir Nov 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Hi,
      I'll gratefull for all tips:
      Are there any buses from Agadir to Casablanca? I heard there is a train but I am not sure if it wouldn't be faster by bus....
      Or maybe local travel agencies organize 1 or 2 day trips from Agadir to Casablanca?I will be staying in Agadir but I am planning to be on the move and explore Morocco.
      Thank you in advance for replies.

8 Answers Nov 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM
    • Hotels in Agadir

Agadir Jun 13, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at the Hotel Argana in Agadir? Any idea what it is like?

Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 4:09 AM
    • moroccan-discovery tour/transfer company

Province d' Agadir May 21, 2008 at 5:15 AM

was recommended to use moroccan-discovery transfer company to transport our family from marrakech airport to agadir, have checked out their rates and they seem really reasonable compared with others. has anyone used this company?
      only this seems much better than using the supratours bus, and direct flights to agadir are way too expensive, which is why we have to fly ryanair into marrackech.
      would love to hear from someone who has knowledge of this company for they offer reasonable tours as well.

5 Answers May 27, 2008 at 4:43 AM
    • holiday resort or building site?

Agadir Mar 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM

I have read recently where there appears to be quite a good deal of construction and excavation works going on the beach in Agadir. I am heading for Agadir in June, staying at Riu Tikida Dunas - I was wondering if this hotel is in the full view of this construction work? Is this work extensive and does anybody know if it is long term? I am looking forward to going to Morocco for the first time and I would welcome any comments about this area of Agadir. With this work going on, is the beach inaccessible or does it interfere with the beach access? Is this hotel as good as the reviews that have been submited? Are mosquitos a problem here? I always seem to attract these unwanted visitors!! Does any member have any suggestion on avoiding these attacks from these mosquitos? An intake of garlic tablets prior to departure was suggested to me - useful suggestion or not?
      I'd welcome comments or suggestions.
      Bdavitt

3 Answers May 29, 2008 at 3:01 AM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Obtaining Moroccan money - Very Urgent!

Agadir Mar 1, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Hello,

I am going to post this in several places in order to try to figure this out. I went to my local currency exchange place and bought Moroccan dirhams...or so I thought...I said that's what I wanted. I have some 100 and 200 dirham bills. But, I have been reading that one cannot buy Moroccan money outside the country. What is happening?

Are these not real Moroccan dirhams...I know that the dirham is the currency for several Arab countries..and these look like the pictures that I've seen of Moroccan money.

Should I take them back, exchange them back into dollars, put the money in the bank, then withdraw through the ATM's in Morocco. I want to bring enough to buy a small carpet.

Please help me to decide! Thank you very much.

4 Answers Mar 2, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    • distance from marrakech to agadir

Agadir Jan 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM

hello everyone,

Im going to agadir next week,can you help me please because my flight arriving in marrakech,and than i have to go to agadir.how far from marrakech to agadir? and which kind of transportation to get there? i really appreciate your help.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 5:34 AM
    • traveling as a couple

Agadir Oct 26, 2007 at 6:28 AM

Hi there, i traveling to agadir with my girlfriend in november and was wondering if anyone had some advice/tips/things to watch out for, when traveling with a partner,

2 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    • cohabitation

Agadir Oct 21, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Hi
      I'm a Moroccan guy and my foreigner girlfriend looking forward to stay in a luxury hotel in Agadir city. We are afraid not to be allowed to stay in same room as we are not married. My girlfriend will be booking the ticket with the hotel as well, Any ideas are much appreciated.
      Kind regards

5 Answers Oct 29, 2007 at 2:18 PM
    • hotel with my Moroccan girl friend

Agadir Sep 16, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Hello,
      I am coming to Agadir at end of October for 10 days. My girl friend from Moroccan will be joining me. I understand that I may face some difficulties to have one room in the hotel, So, any idea about good hotels that do notmind that we stay in the same room, or is there any alternative for me, replies will be appreciated,
      Thanks
      jelbous

4 Answers Nov 28, 2007 at 5:45 PM
    • NewMike's Profile Photo

Is one day enough.

Agadir Aug 26, 2007 at 1:53 AM

I have 3 days. I was thinking of visiting Agadir, Marakesh, and Tenrief each day. Is one day enough to see each city. I could also just stay in one city more than another.

4 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Money exchange in Agadir

Province d' Agadir Aug 14, 2007 at 9:46 AM

We will be arriving by cruise ship on a Saturday in Agadir. Is it possible to exchange money at a bank on a Saturday. If not, how would you suggest we obtain some dirhams?

Thank you.

5 Answers Aug 21, 2007 at 1:48 PM
    • needs some advice

Agadir Jul 27, 2007 at 2:52 PM

hi all

flying in 2 weeks time spending 6 nights in agadir staying at tagadirt with 3 kids besides the beach what else is there to entertain the kids any advice/hints etc... is more that welcomed.

thanks in advance

• How much money should i take??

Agadir Jul 6, 2007 at 4:19 AM

Hi,

My Friend and I are going to Agadir on the 17th till 31st July. We are staying in hotel anenzi and its all inclusive!! I was wondering how much spending money should i take with me, is it expensive in Agadir, etc etc. Hope I get some replies,

Lulu

2 Answers Jul 7, 2007 at 5:56 AM
    • amoroccansgirl's Profile Photo

Need to find a place to stay in Agadir

Agadir May 7, 2007 at 2:14 PM

I will be traveling to Agadir with my fiance, a native Moroccan. We are having problems finding a hotel or apt that will rent to us together. Does anyone know where we could stay or have any suggestions as to what we can do?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2007 at 11:59 AM
    • Zarir

Agadir Mar 15, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Please can you advise the best way to get from Agadir Airport to Taroudant. How much is the taxi or bus?

Best regards,

Geoff

1 Answer Mar 15, 2007 at 2:33 PM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Cooking Schools in Agadir?

Province d' Agadir Feb 9, 2007 at 3:16 AM

I'm arriving in Agadir for 1 day in May by cruise ship. I would like to take a cooking class. All of the schools I have found require more than 1 day; any suggestions?

Thank you.

• kbr61263's Profile Photo

Agadir Golf

Province d' Agadir Oct 26, 2006 at 8:19 AM

looking for some info about golf courses in agadir. Found a website for golf du soleil, which gave most of info I need.
      will be there for a month in Jan Feb (well my parents will be) and they want to know.
      Green Fees. how much for a round?
      are there monthly or weekly rates?
      are they busy in Jan?feb? will they need to book tee times?
      especially for Royal agadir and les dunes golf clubs