Providence Travel Answers

change location
sgny's Profile Photo

Help me complete my short relaxing Providence weekend itinerary

by sgny Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Suprising my wife with with a birthday weekend in Providence. Taking ferry from Orient Point, NY to New London, Ct. and then off to Providence. I'll probably tell her then, where we are going. Arriving June 20th about 8pm to the Courtyard. What is a nice area to grab a casual dinner and walk around for a couple of hours? On June 21st Waterfire is the evening entertainment. We will have a nice dinner (possibly Cafe Nuovo but other suggestions welcome) and then a 9:10pm gondola ride. Looking for a nice casual paced itinerary for Saturday afternoon. I'm usually a VT junkie when planning our trips but I promised her the next trip would be nice and relaxing. I promised her we would not climb any church towers or massive hills on our next trip. We will also have a couple of hours on Sunday to explore. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

Re: Help me complete my short relaxing Providence weekend itinerary

by heywinks Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I love going to Waterfire! Depends on what you like to eat...but a short walk from the Waterfire area is Little Italy (probably not called that, but it's an area where there's quite a few Italian restaurants). There's a restaurant called Blue Grotto, at 210 Atwells Ave, that's really good. Prices a little higher than usual but the food is great.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gaolei's Profile Photo

Re: Help me complete my short relaxing Providence weekend itinerary

by gaolei Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM

The little Italy is called Federal Hill, and Blue Grotto is very good. There are several really great restaurants in Federal Hill. It was also known for mobsters a few years back.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines