Providence Travel Answers

change location
mjqd's Profile Photo

dunkin donuts center

by mjqd Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 5:35 AM

I was lucky (?) to get tickets for Hannah Montana for my 3 grandchildren. We will be coming from NH and I would like to get there early enough to get them a bite to eat first. Are there any kid friendly (pizza, burgers) places within walking distance of the center? Also, my husband is driving us but isn't coming to the show (lucky?), is there a coffee shop nearby where he can sit and read a book while he waits? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

Re: dunkin donuts center

by heywinks Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Providence Place, a huge mall, is pretty close to the Dunkin Donuts Center. You might be able to walk but the area around the mall has pretty high traffic volume (as the exit off 95 is right next to the entrance of the mall). It's doable but be careful, esp if your grandkids are young. Hold hands.

There's a Borders Bookstore in the mall where your husband can hang out. :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hellojnewman's Profile Photo

by hellojnewman Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 2:17 PM

I agree with the above. The Mall would be a good place. There is also a Dave & Busters on the top floor(up above the food court) where you could get a bite to eat and the children could play some video games. There is an access to a walk over bridge from the convention center(located right next to the Dunkin Donusts Center)to the mall. This is much advised rather than trying to walk across the 8 lanes of traffic entering and exiting the highway system. Coffee shop and a book store located in the mall. 95 South to exit 22A-B-C . Stay to the right and take exit C. Follow road and it will take you right to the parking garage on the back side of the mall. Rememeber if you are in the north or south(cityside) of the garage. Not too expensive to park. Providence is an easy city to walk around if he also desires.

• mjqd's Profile Photo

by mjqd Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Thanks so much for your responses, I really appreciate your help. It is great to know that there is a mall close by to grab a bite and for my husband to wait. So if we park at the mall the kids and I can easily find that bridge to walk over to the convention center and then to the Dunkin Donuts Center? I think that would be a lot easier than trying to cross a very busy street with them. I'm going to try and find a good map of the area so I can get a "look".
    Thanks again!

• hellojnewman's Profile Photo

by hellojnewman Online Now Dec 11, 2007 at 8:52 AM

I believe the entrance to the walk way is on the south(City Side) end of the mall on the second or possibly third floor. It should bring you over to the Westin Hotel which is connected to the convention center which is next to the Dunkin Donut Center. Enjoy the show and the city.

• mjqd's Profile Photo

by mjqd Online Now Dec 31, 2007 at 6:51 PM

The concert was wonderful, the kids had a great time! With your directions my husband easily walked to the mall and spent his time in Border's. It was just perfect.
    The weather left a lot to be desired though. The drive was a little bit nerve wracking and long but luckily we were safe and sound. We arrived later than we had planned so we didn't have a chance to eat first so we parked at a hotel right off the highway, it was pricey, but we were back on the road home within minutes of the end of the concert and the hotel was just about across the street from the center.
    Thanks for all your help!

• heywinks's Profile Photo

by heywinks Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Glad you guys had a good time at the concert! :) Happy New Year!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines