Protaras Travel Answers

change location

Transfer from Larnaca Airport to Capo Bay Hotel

by CurryQueen Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi there
I'm going to Protaras in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone could tell me the best/cheapest way to get a taxi to our hotel from the airport. We'll stay at Capo Bay (Iasonos 2, P.O.Box 33115, 5311 Paralimni, Protaras)

Are there taxis outside the airport, if so how much should I expect to pay or can you recommend any websites to pre-book our transfers?

Thanks so much!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Re: Transfer from Larnaca Airport to Capo Bay Hotel

by greekcypriot Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Avoid pre booking by all means.
    I am in Cyprus these days and I actually spent 4 days at the Capo Bay 4 days ago.
    Take a taxi from outside the airport to “Finikoudes” –in Greek. It is the Palm Beach Promenade. As the driver to drop you at the bus stop there. It is a bus stop where many buses come. Pick the one that goes to Aghia Napa and Paralimni. You will only pay 3 euros and you go up to Paralimni village at the other station. From there you give just one euro and the local bus which is very frequent can drop you to Protaras a few metres from Capo Bay.
    The taxi drive from the airport to Larnaca won’t be more than 15 euro the maximum. There are no buses from the airport to Larnaca have in mind.!!
    The other alternative is to get the bus from the same bus stop and get to Paralimni again with just a euro…but this will take longer and it goes through many villages.
    The green bus is the Intercity (3 euros) and the latter is white one and much bigger but the trip lasts one and a half hours approximately. The best is to get the Intercity buses.
    From Larnaca from Monday to Friday the time that the buses leave Finikoudes are the following: 6am, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14.30, 16, 17.30 and the last is at 19.30.
    If you arrive during the weekend then the first bus departs from Finikoudes at 8, 9.30, 11, 13, 14.30 and the last at 16.30.
    I hope this will help you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines