Be the First to Answer

• maryabbey@att.net

by MaryA257 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Does Progreso take American dollars?
      What beach can I find seashells?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    • Snorkeling

by rstanley03 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We will only be in Progreso one short day on our Carinval Cruise. Is snorkeling a popular activity here? If not, what is recommended as we will only be here from 8 am to 4 pm. the day we port here. Thanks.

• Taxi Services

by dianahrh1 Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I want to hire a reputable English speaking driver from The Port of Progreso on January 29 from 9:30 am til 3:30 pm. Where can I do this and what should I expect to pay?

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Can you do an ATV tour in Progresso? Can not find on line.

by Amymaly Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Looking for an ATV type tour to do in Progresso.can only find one through Carnival that's $100 pp think its going to be a little too cool next week for the beach.

• Things to do in Progreso at Christmas

by Minni33 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 5:33 AM

We will be travelling to Progreso on Monday. Is there something to do at Christmas? We are a family with three children. Please give us a hint as we are afraid that everything will be closed.

1 Answer Dec 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • Gary.Olomoucky's Profile Photo

Transportation, "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles"

by Gary.Olomoucky Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I will be in Progresso for 3 months starting in January. I was thinking of renting a car for the duration, but I can buy a car for less than what the rental would cost me. Do you have recommendations on how I can get around during my stay? I've rented a house down by the sea outside of town.

8 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Going on a cruise in 21 days,

by robbibott Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

We are going on a cruise in 21 days, and We are stopping in Progeso on Dec 18... Its my birthday and I want do something fun such as renting Jetski's and doing some shopping. Does any one know if you can rent Jet skis in Progreso? If so how much... Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    • Will be stopping in Progresso on a cruise is the beach near the cruise terminal?

by Annapatfrye Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Will be stopping in Progresso on a cruise is the beach near the cruise terminal?

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • Ship Passage to Progreso?

by dedhed1950 Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Is there currently any way to get from FL to Progreso, Yucatan, MX by ferry or ship passage other than a cruise ship?

1 Answer Nov 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Socializing and community activities

by Cocoagogo Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Is there a social organization in Progreso that has multiple interests? I'll be in Progreso for 5 months, this Nov. to April 2014 and would like to get involved in community activities/day-tripping/over-night trips,charitable works, etc.. I would also like to find a walking buddy for early morning beach walks (I'll be staying halfway between Progreso and Chicxalub).
      Thanx for any suggestions that come along.

• What makes Progreso interesting?

by SunnyH Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM

What is draws people to Progreso besides it being a stop on a cruise ship journey?

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • Transportation from Chucxulub to Progreso

by suecoady Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Looking at staying in Chucxulub for a month. Is it easy and cheap to travel to Progreso for groceries etc.
      Thanks for your input.

Sue

• Suggestions

by gramfam77 Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Do you have any suggestions of what to do with your limited time from a cruise ship while your are in Progresso? Please consider that we are traveling with 4 children (3 of them under 3)!!!

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • Best way to enjoy a beach without buying a shore excursion?

by lmfh24 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

We want to enjoy the beach while at Progreso during our cruise without having to buy an expensive shore excursion for a family of 5. I have never been here before so not sure what to do. Is there a public beach we can cab too or what might someone suggest?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    • TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Passport Stamp for Cruise Port?

by TravellerMel Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I will be in Progreso for one day as a cruise port stop. Does anyone know where to go to get a passport stamp?

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • Bags on Beach

by courtchelle Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM

What do you do with your bag while swimming at the beach.

4 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    • Best family beach for a cruise stop

by Tmorledge Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My family of 11 (ages 1 to 59) will be stopping in Progreso in May of this year on the Carnival Elation.
      We would like to spend our hours there at the best beach not too far from the port.
      We would need transportation and a nice quiet place to play.
      Suggestions?
      We do not need alcohol but would love good food for lunch, beach chairs, umbrellas, maybe a pool and other water activities. And I am always open to an affordable massage.
      Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Mar 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • markbruhy's Profile Photo

Driving in the Yucatan, and snorkeling in the Progreso area

by markbruhy Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm flying into Cancun Feb 28th, renting a car and driving to Progeso for a week. It's a four hour drive - are the roads between Cancun and Progreso well maintained? Secondly, I've read the Progreso beaches are nice but not good for snorkeling - are there snorkeling opportunities in the area, such as in cenotes? Do I bother to bring my snorkeling gear? Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    • buses from cancum to merida

by mathew1946 Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM

does anyone know if the bus to merida from cancun can be boarded at the cancun airport and if so is there a specific bus number??

3 Answers Dec 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    • buses from cancun to merida

by mathew1946 Online Now Dec 13, 2011 at 4:09 PM

My wife and I are arriving in Cancun Jan 5/2012 and are to travel to Merida by bus. Does anyone know where the bus station is from the Cancun airport and what bus number or bus do we take to Merida?

• Shore excursion prices

by wgbetts Online Now Sep 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM

We will be arriving in Progreso by Carnival on Oct24. Carnival does not seem to offer very many good shore excursion in progreso. The ones that are good are really expensive. Can anyone advise how much you can get the basically same shore excursions for if you wait and book when you get off the ship? Are these safe and reliable? We cant afford to miss getting back in time to get on the ship.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    • Fishing in progresso??

by wgbetts Online Now Sep 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Are there any locals offering fishing? We will be arriving in Progresso on Oct 24 on Carnival, we will only be there for a short time. I was wondering if there are any fishing excursions to be found, one that they will possibly cook your catch, so you can enjoy it before its time to get back onboard.

• Weather in Progreso, Mexico

by condoken Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 8:45 AM

What is the weather in Progreso for all 12 months, and how much rain.

1 Answer Apr 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    • jet skis

by tasha34 Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM

we will be arriving there April 4, 2011 and are interested in renting jet skis. Is there a place to do this and also what about renting a car for the day? I would appreciate any information everyone has.

• traveling to Progresso

by sjwallace Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

We will be flying into Cancun in January. We need to know the cheapest and safest way to travel from Cancun to Progresso.

4 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    • Beach Activities

by jpaskett Online Now Sep 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Are there jet ski rentals and other activities to do in progresso? It's one of my ports on the cruise I'm going on in January...and Carnival doesn't have very many "fun" options for their shore excursions.

4 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • weather and swimming

by Mireille1 Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM

We are planning to travel to Progreso mid-Feb. We may rent a villa on the beach. Has anyone travelled during that time of year to that area? Is it warm enough to swim and mostly is the sea good for swimming?
      As well, do you think we would need a car or taking cabs and public buses good enough for traveling around the area and sightseeing?

4 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    • Airport Taxis

by pickerelpearl Online Now Dec 4, 2008 at 10:48 AM

I'll be arriving at Merida airport from Montreal January 2009 late in the evening, my destination Chicxulub. Can I hire a private driver to pick me and take me to my destination, or should I use an airport taxi to do so...What is the cost for this ....Any suggestions much appreciated...

1 Answer Dec 4, 2008 at 5:18 PM
    • Celestun Biophere Reserve

by lyndat62 Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 8:19 AM

I am cruising on Carnival & will be in Progreso 12/10/08. How far is this reserve from cruise pier ? What are your recomendations on transportation for this destination ?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2008 at 4:45 PM
    • Buses

by Marwizart Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 5:47 AM

We are struggling with whether to rent a car or take the buses during our trip to Progreso May 24 through 31. Do you....or anyone...have info on private drivers ?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM