Progreso Travel Answers

change location

Internet Cafes at or near Port of Progreso

by vmaryman Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Are there any internet cafes at or near the Port of Progreso? I am traveling to Progreso in January and need access to the internet to send and receive data. Can anyone provide any information.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • telchacsusan's Profile Photo

Re: Internet Cafes at or near Port of Progreso

by telchacsusan Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:54 PM

There are a number of internet cafes in Progreso. The main street, Calle 80, has many of them - just ask anyone. By the way, 'IN ter net' in Spanish is pronounced 'in TER net' You can take a free shuttle from the cruise ship to the Caa Cultura right on Calle 80, then head south a few blocks to find them.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Redlats's Profile Photo

Re: Internet Cafes at or near Port of Progreso

by Redlats Online Now Jan 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I don't remember there being any internet cafes either on the Malecon or on the north/south road where the buses drop you off from the cruise. You have to head south-east from your bus drop off point (assuming you are on a cruise).

• Re: Internet Cafes at or near Port of Progreso

by MisterSamsInternetCa Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 6:38 AM

I am planning on opening an internet cafe' in Progreso next month, it will be less than a block off the Melancon and it will feature high end fast computers with American keyboards and OS, the difference being Spanish keyboards can be quite confusing. The address is not established yet,but will be by the middle of February and you can just stop by Buddy's and ask for Dennis's cafe, they speak english there and they also serve the coldest beer in town.

See ya there,
    Dennis

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines