Pristina Travel Answers

change location
glenn57's Profile Photo

3 questions about buses from Kosovo

by glenn57 Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 9:18 AM

(1) Does the bus from Pristina to Sarajevo pass through Serbia ? What about the bus from Pristina to Podgorica ? (I want to avoid crossing the border into Serbia, because I hear that sometimes they won't let you in from Kosovo).
(2) Are there buses from Prizren to Shkoder ?
(3) Are there buses from Peje to Podgorica or Sarajevo, or would I have to first take a bus from Peje to Pristina, to get to Podgorica/Sarajevo ?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • glenn57's Profile Photo

Re: 3 questions about buses from Kosovo

by glenn57 Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Now that I've done this trip, I can answer question number 3 for everyone's benefit :

There is a bus every day from Peje to Podgorica. It goes around 10 AM and takes about 6 hours. So no need to return to Prishtina to get to Podgorica/Sarajevo from Peje.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: 3 questions about buses from Kosovo

by vesaas Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM

and how about the buses from prishtina to podgorica? do you have any idea about the timetable?
    thank you very much

• glenn57's Profile Photo

Re: 3 questions about buses from Kosovo

by glenn57 Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I don't. But I imagine you could take an early bus from Prishtina to Peje to catch the 10 AM bus there. I think it takes less than 2 hours from Prishtina to Peje.

• Re: 3 questions about buses from Kosovo

by milanodue Online Now Dec 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM

There is a bus from Prishtina bus station to Sarajevo,via Novi Pazar, every day on 18:30; operated by Benko tours (they work with centrotrans/eurolines). (I guess it usually leaves on platform 8). The bus also runs currently - even after the 25 of July incidents,when Prishtina tried to assert its sovereignity over the North of Kosovo. It passes Mitrovica and the North of Kosovo into Serbia.

Be careful when bording the luggage on the bus, as a guy tried to steal the luggage of an old lady and we got it back only after running after him.

The bus arrives in Novi Pazar at around 9.30. The bus, at 10p.m., then either continues to Sarajevo or you have to switch bus in Novi Pazar. I did it yesterday and it is an ok ride. I had to switch to a Eurolines bus and it was quite a comfortable ride. As said, the bus stops close to the Serbian-Bosnian border, in Serbia, for a drink and toilets. Payment for drinks in dinars but euros are generally accepted as well.The bus stops on the way a couple of time where passangers have the possibiltiy to go to the toilet or smoke a cigarette.

Concerning the bus Prishtina-Novi Pazar; my sense is that it might have difficulty operating when there is snow; as the road conditions might not permit it to operate. I have no idea how one could handle that situation or get information - maybe one possibility could be to phone Benko Tours and ask them : ‎ +381 20 311 833 , mobile : ‎ +381 63 604608 (phone numbers from autobusi.net/forum/viewtopic.... For general information on busses, on can phone the bus station in Prishtina ( 00381 38 55 00 11 ) - the guy on the phone spoke a weak English sufficient enought to comunicate.

For Italian citizens, (as for most other EU citizens I guess), an ID card is sufficient to enter Serbia. So one should not worry about the problem of having a Kosovo stamp in the passport. The Serbian customs official told me that an ID is sufficient and wanted to see the ID and not the passport. The bus arrives in Sarajevo generally between 5-6 in the morning. Taxis are waiting at the bus station. The fare for taxis is generally quite low in Sarajevo - I have no idea about the concrete prices, but a ride from the bus station to the city center should be under 10 marks (a little more than 5euros)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines