Prince Edward Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where is this place?

Montreal Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi everyone.. does anyone recognize the location of this small lake (1st photo) ? or the location of this camping site (2nd & 3rd) ? both should be near montreal..

more
    • Adventurous tourist spot in Ontario

Province of Ontario Jan 20, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Hey,My bf and I have been looking for an adventurous spot in Ontario.We are looking for a place where we can take our dashent. Would love to get some lakeside inn,where we can just relax .A few of my colleagues have suggested The Killarney Lodge Inside Algonquin Park Canada and I did see some pics of this spot. We really loved the place and would like to know if anyone has been there. Please share your experiences.

more
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Hiking Suggestions in Quebec Area for mid-May

Quebec Jan 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning to go to Quebec City to see a concert in mid-May and would like to get in some hiking around the city. In the autumn of 2013, I hiked L'Acropole des Draveurs (breathtaking!) in Haute-Gorge and also Jacques-Cartier National Park to the north of the city.

I was wondering if there are other suggestions as well to check out (particularly if it's got a splendid or scenic views like L'Acropole).

Thanks, Joe

more
    • Grocery stores

Pelee Island Jan 12, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Are there any grocery stores or places we could purchase things like bread, milk, eggs, deli items etc.

more
    • We will be driving from Whistler through to Jasper and staying overnight on way.

Kamloops Jan 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM

The question what is better, to stay at Kamloops or Sun Peaks. We will only be staying one night but is there more to see or do at Sun Peaks?

more
    • rgenn's Profile Photo

day hiking in N.S. including Cape Breton

Cape Breton Highlands National Park Jan 1, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Hi
      We will be in N.S in May of 2015 for about 9 full days. We will have a car for the entire time.
      1. Can you suggest day hike trails in Nova Scotia (including Cape Breton)
      2. What are the areas or sites we should not miss
      3. Any tips about weather and dress for May/June
      Thanks
      Ruby G.

more
    • Short 3 night stay - Looking to do/see as much as possible!

Niagara Falls Jan 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM

We are looking to visit Niagara Falls for a short 4day/3 night weekend. We would be able to visit during either early March or early April. We would be driving from northeast Ohio. Does anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive centrally located hotels. We would like to see as much as possible in the short period of time and hopefully do some non touristy things as well. We are in our early 20's, not so much into the bar scene but are seeking more of the Falls and scenic areas. Any input would be great, Thank you!

more
    • Sailing in Baffin bay

Baffin Island Jan 24, 2015 at 9:19 AM

I'm looking to talk with somebody about experience in private boat sailing in Baffin bay and/or in Baffin island-Greenland sea cross. Thanks
      Claudio

more
    • coming from ontario

Montreal Jan 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Is it best to take the train and use a cab to get around for the weekend? Are cabs expensive? Thanks!

more
    • What is the best phone reception for SIM card when travelling Rockies.

Vancouver Jan 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM

As usual when travelling to another country we need to purchase a sim card for our mobile phones. What company provides the best reception in remote areas such as Rockies. Whistler to Jasper and Banff.?

more
    • Interactive Documentary about Toronto Night Life

Toronto Yesterday

Hey guys,

Originally when I was moving to Toronto, part of the appeal was a city that didn't sleep at night. When I finally got here, I discovered that - apart from the bar and club scene - it was difficult to find interesting things to do at night. Thus began the search for some of the hidden night-time gems Toronto has to offer - from activities to locations to small and unknown communities, and the types of characters that you'll meet.

My crew and I decided to make an interactive documentary about this topic. This will allow you to visit a website and see what takes place near you at night. It will shed some light on the unexposed. Do you know any interesting night communities that most people do not now about? Please comment below.

We also just launched the Indiegogo campaign for the project. Check it out, we would really appreciate any contributions you might be able to make. Every dollar counts. Thanks.
      indiegogo.com/projects/night...

more
    • Vince1974's Profile Photo

Any wineries that also do food and accommodation?

Montreal Jan 25, 2015 at 2:49 PM

We'll be staying in Montreal for 3 weeks in the summer and would like to visit a nice vineyard. It seems like most of them will serve you a few little taster glasses and try to sell you a few bottles of wine. Are there any that have more of a restaurant/hotel set up where you could actually stay the night?

Anywhere within say a 2 or 3 hour driving distance from Montreal would be suitable to us.

more
    • Summer Clothing

Churchill Jan 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Any ideas what to take/wear for a summer trip would be appreciated.

more
    • TDav's Profile Photo

Road trip around BC

Canada Jan 3, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Hi
      My wife and I are travelling with our daughter, son in law and grand daughter in September/October this year. We are all meeting up in Banff on Sat 3rd October.

We are hiring a van and travelling to each of the following for 2 nights each.
      Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Sun Peaks (or Kamloops), Whistler, Victoria and Vancouver.
      We are string to look at accommodation and would like to share log cabin type accommodation, self contained if possible.

We already have Banff, Lake Louise, Victoria and Vancouver booked (Fairmont hotels), although if anyone has any ideas of shared accommodation in Victoria or Vancouver that would also be helpful. Does anyone have any ideas of places we could book at Jasper, Sun Peaks/Kamloops and Whistler.

Thanks for your help.

Terry

more
    • where is this place?

Quebec Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi .. does anyone recognize this place in Quebec? should be a museum or sth..

more
    • YELLOWKNIFE NORTHERN LIGHT SEEING

Yellowknife Jan 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I shall visit yellowknifs canada in February, 2015, where can I found a good place with free shelter to see the northern light (aurora).

more
    • What is ideal location to base yourself for 3 night stay using public transport

Victoria Jan 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

We will be staying for 3 nights in Mid July, catching a ferry from Vancouver. What ferry terminal would we arrive at In Victoria and are there buses that travel into town. We basically want to do the tourist things e.g. Buchard Gardens, hop on hop off bus and sightseeing. What part of Victoria do you think we should stay?

more
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

1 week in Vancouver, overseas tourists

Vancouver Jan 5, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Partner and I are visiting US & Canada in June/July, first overseas trip from Australia. Would very much appreciate some feedback/tips on where to stay and what to do! We are spending 1 week in Vancouver...We would like to visit Whistler for the day, spend a day at Grouse mountain and do some walking around the city to see the sights...we are particularly interested in the arts/crafts and would really like to experience the culture and vibe of Vancouver, it looks wonderful...excited to experience something other than sunny Australia. Thankyou .

more
    • Passports + Visa

Canada Jan 19, 2015 at 4:40 AM

Hey, my partner and I are leaving Australia in July, traveling to Europe and South America before heading to Canada.

We would like to apply for the working holiday visa (IEC) but applications are currently closed.

We need to apply before we leave Australia, as we need to be in Australia while going through the application process.

I am worried because we will not be entering Canada until March 2016.

If the applications open back up (which it should do, some time during 2015) - would we be able to apply during this year, but for a time period beginning from March 2016? Or does the time limit begin from the moment you get the application approved and not be able to choose its starting point?

Would we have to send our passports away?
      Would we need to get biometric scanning done somewhere?

I have read that I need to present a "proof of available funds" on arrival and that this must be a statement from my bank account which has been issued no more than one week before my departure for Canada - how am I supposed to get this bank statement if I have already been traveling around outside of Australia for a year?? I really don't want to have to fly back to Australia to get this piece of paper, but I will not have anywhere for it to be posted to me either.

Do I need to pay for a return trip leaving Canada in order for my application to be successful, or can I just have proof of enough funds to show that I am capable of buying a ticket at a later date?

Sorry this post is all over the place, the International Experience Canada page on the CIC website has been of no use whatsoever.

more
    • process to get remarried to a Cuban

Canada Jan 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM

I was previously married in a catholic church in canada. I am now divorced. I want to get remarried in order to have my cuban fiance immigrate to Canada.

Do i need anything more than my divorce papers in order to get married to a Cuban in Cuba? Is it easier, faster and cheaper to get married in a church or civil in Cuba?
      What is the process, requirements, time, cost...??
      Thanks so much

more
    • advice on a 10 day trip from calgary to vancouver and back

Calgary Jan 18, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Hello VT friends,
      My family and I will be travelling to Calgary from Toronto June 3-14. We are a group of 6 age ranging from 10 months baby to 65 years. We also want to visit British Columbia- Victoria Island, Whistler. I need help planning my itinerary. Some of the places I would like to visit are : Banff, Jasper, Icefield parkway, Skywalk glacier, Kamloops, Kelowna etc My questions is:

Can you please recommend a high level 10 day itineray that we can follow. We are flying back from Calgary so definitely need to come back.

i was thinking of heading of the following driving plan:
      calgary => banff => kelowna => vacouver => vacouver island
      return
      vacouver => whstler => kamloops => jasper => edmonton => calgary

does that sound feasible?
      please let me know.
      thanks

more