Prince Edward Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Road weather

Niagara Falls Nov 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Hi I'm planing a trip on thanksgiving but I'm worried about the road from NY to Niagara Falls Canada will there be a lot of snow on the why? Can we get stuck? Will I need a 4x4?

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec 18 hours ago

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more

Popular Prince Edward Island Travel Answer Locations

• Trying to get to PEI by train

Prince Edward Island National Park Jul 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Would like to go to PEI by train from Montreal, there are 2 routes with viaRail, i would like to know which is the better route through Moncton or Halifax?

By better, i mean sceneray, ease of getting to Souris PEI and travel length.

Thank you very much!

5 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • 'Must see' natural places on PEI

Prince Edward Island Jul 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

What are the 3 best natural places in PEI?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Getting around PEI and golf courses

Charlottetown Jun 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I was wondering if there are any shuttle buses from Charlottetown to any of the golf courses on the island please?

Also we will be staying in Fitzroy street Charlottetown and was wondering if there is a main tour of the island that encompasses most of the island?

Can you also advise if the Anne of Green Gables show is currently on and if so where is it help please?

Cheers

Kaye

• Visiting Charlette town

Charlottetown Jun 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

We are coming into Charlettetown on a cruise and will be only one day in port.

What is the best way to get an overview of the city?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • place for 4 days

Prince Edward Island May 31, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Anyone have recommendations for place to stay for 4 days on pei? want to bike, hike, eat good food, have a waters view. 2 couples going. would love a nice cottage in a good location.

• best beach in pei

Charlottetown May 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hello VT friends,
      I am travelling to East Coast Canada for a 10 day trip with a family of 7. The age ranging from 21-65. We are staying in Charlottetown on May 25 2014 before we head off to Pleasant Bay, Nova Scotia. We are planning to go to a beach on May 25/2014 but would like to know what else we can do. I would like to know the following things:

1) what's the best beach to visit where it is permitted to do a bbq? I heard if we go to southern beach it will be warmer- is that true since we are going end of May?
      2) we already booked a Cow's Creamary factory tour for May 26 2014 before we leave for Nova Scotia- any other tours we can book ?
      3) are there any Waterfront /Boardwalk/Wharf type area where can walk around in the afternoon?
      4)anythings else we can do - after our beach and bbq
      5) any must see driving route ??

thanks

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • local traditions in pei

Prince Edward Island Feb 11, 2014 at 5:50 PM

what are some of the local traditions in pei?

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • Public transportation from Wood Islands ferry terminal to Charlottetown

Prince Edward Island Sep 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Do public buses meet arriving ferries from NS to Wood Islands, PEI?

6 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    • Activities

Charlottetown Aug 18, 2013 at 5:47 AM

what to do in Charlottetown today for a 1 and 5 year old?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    • Ferry/Bridge

Prince Edward Island Jul 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Planning on driving through New Brunswick across the Confederation Bridge to PEI and then taking the ferry from Wood Island to Caribou Nova Scotia. A little confused on the charges, as the bridge info says they charge when you leave PEI (which I wouldn't be) and the ferry info says they charge a round trip fare (regardless of whether or not you go both ways by ferry?)

Help

1 Answer Jul 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • Where to stay?

Prince Edward Island Jul 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hello,
      We'll be staying in PEI for 4 days. We're wondering if we should stay all 4 days in one spot (e.g. Charlottetown) or 2 days in one location and 2 days in another. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    • Hcamper's Profile Photo

Bike Touring on PEI Mid June 2013

Prince Edward Island Feb 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I am planning on cycle touring trip (mix of camping and hotels) for mid June. I have been hearing not all attractions/restaurants/etc are open then. Is that correct ? Also, any suggestions whether we head to West side or east? I know we can't do all. We plan on riding 5 or 6 days, 40-50 miles/day (to allow sightseeing). I have info on the Confederation Trail and we might use that for some riding but like the coastal areas.

We could go later in summer, my reasoning for June was to avoid some of the crowds and issues with trying to find accommodations.

We would be arriving via car and leaving car near Gateway village.
      Any challenges with wind ? or possibly best bet for riding?

any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated! thanks

2 Answers Feb 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    • Bird Watching on Prince Edward Island, Canada

Prince Edward Island Feb 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

My wife and I usually vacation in northern Maine in August and September. We are bird watchers and were told that there is wonderful birding on PEI. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? It would seem to me that most of any birds there would be on their southern migration by that time. Thanks much, ajarel

1 Answer Feb 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Royal Caribbean Tender Port at PEI

Prince Edward Island Aug 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hello everyone:
      Does anyone know the location where Royal Caribbean Cruise ships terder their passegers at PEI? I am trying to locate the closest car rental company to the tender locaton. Hope is within walking distance. Also wonder wether there are tours. Would do that instead of driving.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    • Adagio1's Profile Photo

Wood Islands Ferry.

Prince Edward Island Jul 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Strangely Google Maps doesn't seem to recognize the ferry terminal at Woods Island nor can I find from the ferry site the travelling time to Nova Scotia, I think the destination is Caribou. Does anyone know this info? Also entering PEI across the Confederation Bridge can we pay at a toll booth on the bridge approaches one way?

11 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    • Why do some Canadian homes have a 5 point star decorating their home?

Charlottetown Jun 5, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Just got back from a New England/Canada cruise and while touring the countryside I noticed that a few homes had a 5 point star on the front of their house. Maybe 10% of the homes had this star, so it might just be a decoration, or it might have some meaning....does anybody know for sure?

1 Answer Jun 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    • Adagio1's Profile Photo

Getting on and getting off PEI

Prince Edward Island Feb 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM

From down here in Australia I need some advice on the best way to enter PEI and leave.We are touring by car and will be leaving St. Martins NB Sun 02 October to stay in the Summerside area of PEI for 3 nights. We then need to be in Antigonish NS on Friday 07 October. I have heard there is a ferry service at the eastern end of PEI which goes to Nova Scotia. Any suggestions and websites ALSO what is the temp and weather like then?
      Wal

27 Answers Mar 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    • WHY IS IT SURREY NOT SOURIS

Prince Edward Island Nov 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM

In PEI SURREY IS SPELLED SOURIS NOT SURREY

5 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    • Woodleigh Minitures

Prince Edward Island Aug 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I hear that Woodleigh Park has gone into bankruptcy, is this true? What is going to happen with it? I think that this park is well worth saving. It needs to be re-furbished qand advertised more. After I saw it about 15 yrs. ago, I told everyone who was heading to Prince Edward Island it was a MUST see...and manyI know travelled there just to see that. You have a gem there that no other place in Canada has! I cannot see why you do not pounce on it...tourists love it and more would if they knew about it. I went through all of the PEI brochures at two different years, and never did I see it mentioned ONCE! You have more treasures than Anne of Green Gables...and that wears thin after awhile.

• The cost of a Ferrie

Prince Edward Island Aug 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

What would the cost of putting your car on ferrie with 4 adults Going there and back ?
      21/08/2010

3 Answers Nov 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    • BlaznLow's Profile Photo

PEI road trip stop

Prince Edward Island Jul 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Hello!
      My girlfriend and I are taking a little road trip and PEI is going to one of our stops. Wondering if there is anything that is a MUST see out there. This is my first road trip and first time being in the maritimes. Im getting very excited for the adventure that lies ahead in mid august!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    • Traveling in May with 2 children

Prince Edward Island Apr 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Hi, we plan on visiting pei in middle of may with 2 children, age 3 and 5. Any thing to do this time of year??? best place to stay???

1 Answer Apr 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    • Country Festival on Prince Edward Island

Prince Edward Island Mar 15, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Is it true that Taylor Swift is performing on Prince Edward Island this summer2010?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    • camping

Prince Edward Island Jul 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM

What are the best campgrounds in pei that are close to a beach.

4 Answers Feb 9, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    • suzanka46's Profile Photo

Clarion Collection Cavendish Gateway Resort---any reviews

Prince Edward Island Sep 2, 2008 at 8:08 PM

We have booked this Clarion Hotel for 2 nights end of Sept.We are getting bad reviews from travelers.Does anyone know about this place or have any suggestions for alternate lodging in P.E.I--it doesn't need to be in the same area--we wish to explore the Island for 3 days.

• mother of two

Prince Edward Island May 31, 2008 at 12:47 PM

We vacationed in Nova Scotia last July and couldn't swim in the most beautiful beach because of purple jellyfish. If and when is the jellyfish season on PEI We are staying in Sury in mid July.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    • I need help planning my trip.

Prince Edward Island Mar 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM

hello
      I plan to come to PEI in the last week of april.
      I am a student, and would be interested in student deals at hotels or around the area, if there are any.
      i will be coming over by ferry from halifax.
      what is the name of the ferry, what is the price, and where in PEI will it let me off?? I want to arrange a hotel but it's hard because I don't want to make it too far away from the ferry drop off. also I am travling alone so I need a safe place to stay. I was looking at a hostel, Hi Charlottetown, but I'm not sure if it is close to the ferry. also it seems to be the only hostel on the island.

help, please!

5 Answers Mar 22, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    • anne of green gables tour

Prince Edward Island Feb 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Hi,
      Can someone please tell me what the entrance fee is?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    • babygrand's Profile Photo

Help! Info on Cottage Rentals

Prince Edward Island Jun 20, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Help - info on cottages
      Posted: Wed June 20, 2007 10:01 PM EDT
      Has anyone ever stayed at Misty Isle Cottages, near Mill River, in West Prince, PEI???

Price seems OK, and website looks good, but ???

Any help really appreciated.

Looking for very private, cottage style , not too expensive for week of July 22 to July 28.

• attractions in west part of PEi and Summerside

Prince Edward Island Jun 19, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Any recommendations for traveling to PEI?

3 Answers Jun 20, 2007 at 7:42 PM