Prince Edward Island Travel Answers

change location
pulgaron's Profile Photo

Royal Caribbean Tender Port at PEI

by pulgaron Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hello everyone:
Does anyone know the location where Royal Caribbean Cruise ships terder their passegers at PEI? I am trying to locate the closest car rental company to the tender locaton. Hope is within walking distance. Also wonder wether there are tours. Would do that instead of driving.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tvor's Profile Photo

Re: Royal Caribbean Tender Port at PEI

by tvor Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You will probably dock in the capital city of Charlottetown. There will very likely be car rental places nearby or a short cab ride away. The ship may even be able to arrange that for you. If you are looking for a city tour, there will probably be a tour bus and again the ship can arrange that. If you want to see more of the Island, driving is really your best bet, i think. It's a small Island and you can see quite a bit in a day. It's a very nice place, mostly rural but with a lot of nice small towns and lots of good restaurants and craft shops.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Royal Caribbean Tender Port at PEI

by TexasDave Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I don't think any of the rental companies are within walking distance, but several (Enterprise, Discount, among others) will pick up and drop off. A quick call to RCCL would be able to confirm the exact dock they use. Charlottetown is a very small and easily navigable city by car, the whole city is set up in a grid fashion and there aren't too many one way streets. And while you won't be able to drive around the whole island in a day, the area around Cavendish is quite nice- Anne of Green Gables, restaurants serving mussels, lobsters, and other seafood, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Prince Edward Island Travel Answer Locations