Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Visum and boat

Saint Petersburg Mar 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I have heard you don't need a visum/visa if you go to St. Petersburg by ferry and leave Russian within 72 hours. Does that mean that I can arrive with boat and leave with plane, or would I have to leave the same way as I arrived?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more

Popular Primorskiy Kray Travel Answer Locations

• SimonP23's Profile Photo

Official vet to get a health certificate for my cat

Vladivostok Jan 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I will cross Russia using the transsiberian express train. I will arrive in Vladivostok from Japan and take a plane to France in Moscow. I will also be traveling with my cat. In order to enter France, she will need a health certificate issued by Russian sanitary authorities proving that she is vaccinated against the rabbies. Does anybody know where and how this can be done?

Big thanks to whoever has an answer!

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    • printable map of Vladivostok AND Ussuriysk

Vladivostok Aug 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I request your kindness to provide me a printable map of Vladivostok AND Ussuriysk.
      If possible in English and Russian

thanks.

5 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Hotel Ussuriysk

Ussuriysk Aug 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I am going to stay in Hotel Ussuriysk. Its location is central and convenient? Close to bus station , to / from Chinese border and to /from Vladivstok?

• Harbin to Vladivostok by Train

Vladivostok Aug 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Is there a train between Harbin and Vladivostok still running.

If you think yes, could you please tell me if you have first hand experience of it and when, or where you have taken the information from. (This is as much of the internet information referring to the route seems out of date).

Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • Getting off Cruise Ship

Vladivostok Jul 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Can I get off the ship without a tour? I have friends that live there.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • Transportation options from Vladivostok to Khasan?

Vladivostok Jun 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I'm looking for recommendations/suggestions on transportation options getting to Khasan from Vladivostok. Should i take a private taxis, marshrutka, train? Can anyone recommend a private taxi driver or tour operator? Does anyone know if there are any marshrutka/bus routes from the airport or city center?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • RobertB62's Profile Photo

Vladivostok

Vladivostok May 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Hello I am visiting your city this August. Is there anyone who can help me select a hotel with a very central location in Vladivostok. One that is close to resturants, pubs and markets. I have been reading a lot on Primorrie Krai and the region. Central Vladivostok is where I need the most help, if there is anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated. For any assistance I thank You in Advance.

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Car Ferry from Japan to Vladivostok

Vladivostok Mar 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM

In April 2014 I intend buying a car in Japan and then driving across Russia to the UK. Can anyone help me with info on transport to Vladivostok?

32 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • nature sightseeing suggestion?

Vladivostok Sep 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

i'll be arriving in vladivostok on 9/13 and looking for some suggestions:

any day trip to nearby Primorsky Krai national parks? i'm more interesed in nature and wild lives. any angency or guide you can recommend?

1 Answer Dec 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    • Looking for travel service/agency, or anyone who can just help

Vladivostok Aug 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I'm looking to book travel for a group of an undetermined number of people (but at least 6). We will be entering from China, and preferably by ferry from Slavyanka. We are looking to stay a couple nights and tour around the city, and then leave via flight to Beijing.

Can anyone recommend a travel service or agency who could help with arranging these things, including entry visas and an English-speaking guide?

Also, information about the ferry from Slavyanka to Vladivostok would be helpful. I only know that there are 2 ferries per day, at 6.30am and 5.30pm. Can anyone tell me how long it takes and how much tickets are? Are there group ticket prices?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Dec 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    • Railway Transport Arrangement from Vladivostok to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Vladivostok Jun 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

if someone knows with whom i should contact for the above subject, please kindly inform as i am planning to import used cars from japan to Kyrgyzstan by rail(car-wagon/8~10 units of car)and no idea with whom I can get the service and freight offer.

• Railway Transport Arrangement from Vladivostok to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Vladivostok Jun 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

if someone knows with whom i should contact for the above subject, please kindly inform as i am planning to import used cars from japan to Kyrgyzstan by rail(car-wagon/8~10 units of car)and no idea with whom I can get the service and freight offer.

• Helena1962's Profile Photo

Suggestion needed: By boat or by plane?

Vladivostok Apr 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Hi fellow travellers,

Willing to make all the way to Vladiwostok with the "Transib", I was considering, once there, to jump to Japan and get back to Europe from there (Tokyo).

My question to you now is what do you suggest: Is it better to take a boat from Vladiwostok to Japan? Or does it take too long? (How long?) And is it easy to get a ticket for this way, once you are in Russia? Or is it better just to fly to Japan and from there back to Europe?

As you see, many questions, I know...

I thank you in advance for your answers!

Cheers,
      Helena

6 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    • boya's Profile Photo

need some help regarding transport from vladivostok

Vladivostok Feb 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM

hi guys , we are planning to go to kamchatka this summer. our plan is like this
      moscow -petropavlosk kamchatky - vladivostok - inchon - then fly home.. and for the main question,is there any alternative to get out from petropavlosk for exp cargo ship rather than taking flight??

Thanks in advance for your help.. :)

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • when is the best time of the year to visit Vladivostok and surrounding areas?

Vladivostok Dec 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM

and how convenient is the flight from Moscow to Vladivostok?

thanks

1 Answer Dec 24, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    • salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Day trip to Nakhodka doable?

Vladivostok Nov 6, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I will hopefully be making another visit to Vladivostok in the next month or so. Will be there close to a week.

I was wondering about how feasible a day trip to Nakhodka would be, or whether it would be better to overnight in Nakhodka?

5 Answers Dec 11, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    • From Moscow

Primorskiy Kray Aug 3, 2011 at 6:14 AM

How far is this place from Moscow? how long does it take for a post to come from Moscow?

3 Answers Aug 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Cheap stay at Vladivostok, Khabarovsk & around possible?

Vladivostok May 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Hi there!
      I'm planning to reach the far east of Russia by train and it seems very difficult to find a budget place to stay (who should respond for booking in english language!)
      Anything like hostel, dormitory, guesthouse, homestay would do.
      Prices like 20 / rub 600 would be great
      Anybody has a suggestion?
      After searching it seems to me that almost everything is made for big spenders over there!
      Not to mention tours further out- brrr!!!
      Also, if you have a similar suggestion for other eastern city could be of great help, so not to be confined to just to Vladivostok
      many thanks to all
      Nikolaos

3 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    • Richard_7's Profile Photo

COMING TO VLADIVOSTOK

Vladivostok Apr 30, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Hi Guys

I am planning a trip to Vladivostok, Russia for a couple of weeks anytime from early July to end of August 2011, as there is not sufficient information about this destination, hotel rates, prices, cost of living, nightlife, best time to visit, the food and people in general etc...., can you guys let me know the info for the above. I am an Australian citizen coming from Sunny Brisbane.

Thanks in advance
      Ric

1 Answer May 3, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Private tour guide in Vladivostok?

Vladivostok Feb 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Can anyone recommend a private tour guide in Vladivostok?

Thanks in advance!

8 Answers Feb 17, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    • Anyone have dealings with Pleasant Travel Group in Vladivostok

Vladivostok Oct 31, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Has anyone ever had any dealings with the following Travel Agency:
      Vladivostok Pleasant Travel Group 93, Tolstogo Str. Vladivostok c., Russia Ph. 7(4232)507280, 7(4232)507290.

Would you recommend using them? Are they dependable?

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    • car disposal

Vladivostok Oct 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hi we are driving from the UK to vladivostok next year in 10 old cars & some might not be abel to make the trip back are there any official car disposal plants in vladivostok where any paperwork can be filled out or is there a customs office where this can be done cheers Graham

1 Answer Oct 14, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    • Vladivostok to Suifenhe - Bus information

Vladivostok Apr 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking for the info for the bus from Vladivostok --> Suifenhe --> Harbin

1. any direct bus from Vladivostok to Suifenhe?? If so, where is the bus terminal in Vladivostok, how much & time schedules & how long for the bus journey?

2. is it the other routes from Vladivostok to other cities and then to Suifenhe by bus?? Which way is most convenient & quick? Where/how much/time schedule for the bus?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    • Transportation from VVO airport into town

Vladivostok Feb 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I need to get from the main vladivostok airport into town, specifically to pervaya rechka area. can you help me?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    • gxdoyle's Profile Photo

Vladivostok in December

Vladivostok Sep 27, 2009 at 4:44 AM

I am coming to Vladivostok to catch the Trans Siberian and am wondering how many days it is worth staying in the city and exploring before the train.

I thought about staying a couple of weeks and learning some Russian so any idea how to find a Russian teacher there in December?

Thanks

5 Answers Nov 19, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    • vladferry's Profile Photo

Japan > Vladivostok Ferry Options for THIS WEEK

Vladivostok May 3, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Looking for a way from Japan to Russia by boat this week. I'm aware of www.bisintour.com and have attempted to contact them, but it appears their ship will be under repair for at least another week. So - considering just going to the port of Fushiki/Takaoka/Toyama and trying to negotiate a ride directly with a boat if there's one headed to Russia. I speak Russian - though not Japanese. Anyone know if such a thing is feasible? Thanks!

2 Answers May 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Trans-Siberian Railway

Vladivostok Mar 18, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Hi all,

I am going to take Trans-Siberian Railway this Jul and will spend 3 weeks for this trip. As I plan to stop in some citites and will get on and off the train, so is it possbile to buy the train ticket at the train station or need few days in advance booking?? Do they take the Euro money or just the local money?

My first stop is Vladivostok. What is the best way from the airport to the town centre? Can you suggest the hostel info or homestay info in Vladivostok?

Thanks

Edith

4 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    • gloudiesaurus's Profile Photo

Ferry to Japan (Vladivostok - Toyama)

Vladivostok Feb 22, 2009 at 5:38 AM

I'm planning to travel with the trans siberian express to Japan in june. I want to take a ferry in Vladivostok to Japan.

I learned that their is only one ferry going to Japan which is http://www.bisintour.com/.

I tried to contact them but nobody is replying... when I want to book a ticket at their website I get an error and only the 2008 plan is aviable...

According to their website they are still in service in 2009...

Is their anybody who can give some tips how I can book a ticket in advance? Or is their any way to reach Japan from Vladivostok (I don't want to book a Aeroflot ticket:-) )

Thanks all for your help!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Trans-Siberian

Vladivostok Jan 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip on the Trans-Siberian Rail next year. I want to start in Vladivostok and end in St. Petersberg. I need advice from anyone who's done this.

1. How do I get a visa?
      2. How long does the rail trip lasts? Can I get off the train and than get back on the train on whatever day that I want?
      3. Are there easy access to ATM's along the route?
      4. When is the best time of year to go?
      5. How do I get the rail ticket and how much would it costs?

Thank you

6 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    • okolychka's Profile Photo

Ferry

Vladivostok Dec 27, 2008 at 4:59 AM

Does any one know about the ferry from Vladivostok to Japan or South Korea?
      Details such as cost,time,duration and etc.
      Are pets going free? shall vet my dog or not.

thanx in advance for your time

2 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM